Amanda Burnette Reviews

33 | Richmond, VA

33 Reviews for Amanda Burnette

33 Amanda Burnette Reviews

Alex · Married on 09/29/2018

Amanda was the sweetest, loveliest person to work with. She listened to all of my sentimental requests and communicated often and in detail. When she walked in with our flowers on wedding day, I almost burst into tears — they were some of the most heartbreakingly beautiful florals I'd ever seen. In addition to providing stunning flowers, she supported me throughout the planning process, always had an encouraging word, and gave excellent guidance. I really couldn't have done it without her. Thank you Amanda! <3

Emily · Married on 09/08/2018

If you were to ask me what makes the perfect floral vendor, I would have had no idea what to say, but after working with Amanda, I have such a crystal clear answer. Not only is she a delight to work with on a personal level, but as my contracted partner she was communicative, unbelievably warm, and her flowers were bomb diggity. She respected my somewhat uninformed "vision" and offered so much guidance to fill in the gaps. Her carefully thought out questions and suggestions were vital, and I loved the touches she was a part of all over the ceremony and reception. I could literally gush on and on, but bottom line, Amanda is amazing and you would be lucky to have her do flowers for your wedding!

Amanda Burnette 1
    Amanda Burnette 2
    Amanda Burnette 3
    Amanda Burnette 4
    Amanda Burnette 5
    Amanda Burnette 6
    Amanda Burnette 7

Colleen · Married on 04/14/2018

It's been 5 days since my husband and I married, and I still feel transported back to the magic, fun, and romance of the day every time I look at my bridal bouquet. Amanda crafted absolutely stunning floral arrangements for our celebration.

She worked wonderfully with both me and my wedding planner to ensure a consistent design and vision for the event while still being very economical. She happily accommodated my requests that succulents and additional pops of color be incorporated into the bouquets and boutonnieres, and my fresh flower comb was one of my favorite personal touches. That she did all of this while working from Richmond (our wedding was in Charlottesville) and with mostly seasonal flowers is even more impressive. In sum, the results exceeded my expectations - fresh, unique, and ultimately beautiful. Thank you, Amanda!

Amanda Burnette 8
    Amanda Burnette 9
    Amanda Burnette 10
    Amanda Burnette 11
    Amanda Burnette 12

sabet · Married on 10/06/2017

Amanda did a beautiful job on all the flowers for my daughter's wedding in Harrisonburg last weekend. She listened carefully to what we wanted, and gave us that- and more. It was important to me to have some fruiting branches and grapes spilling from compotes since the wedding was in a vineyard, and she did a beautiful job pulling all of that and the colors my daughter wanted together. When the $$$ started getting higher than I had hoped, she helped figure out how to make some changes that did not impact the overall look, but brought the cost down a bit. Even with an out of town wedding, everything was done on time with no sense of rushing at the last minute to pull things together. She is a lovely woman,and a pleasure to work with. I highly recommend her!!!

Steve · Married on 09/30/2017

Amanda's work was simply stunning. Another vendor told her that she was the "florist to have" in Richmond, and he was right! She delivered everything on-time and under-budget, and this is the type of vendor that you want to have working for you behind-the-scenes. She accommodated special requests with ease, including some oddball requests from the groom, who is a plant scientist. Amanda was tops on communication, but we didn't realize just how lucky we were until we saw the flowers themselves. Perfect!

Brandi · Married on 05/20/2017

Amanda is a floral genius! I knew from looking at her prior work and our first meeting that we were in good hands. Everything she creates is gold. My daughter was able to provide her with a few inspirational photos and a general color scheme and she ran with it. Amanda created the most beautiful, romantic, dreamy centerpieces and bouquets. They were so fitting with the overall vision. They were everything we had hoped for and more. Amanda also created a beautiful floral curtain that we used as the backdrop for the photobooth. All the guests loved it! And when I needed some help finding some florals on the fly for the rehearsal dinner and a handkerchief fitted around my daughter’s bouquet, she stepped in and saved the day. She is super talented and such a joy!

Alice · Married on 05/06/2017

Amanda was INCREDIBLE! She immediately got exactly what we were looking for and beyond delivered. Everything was so perfect and she is honestly a genius whose work added so much to the feel of our event and at a very reasonable price. And she is also just a sweetheart in general and so lovely to work with. I just wish I could always have an Amanda Burnett arrangement at home!

• Tess

Tess · Married on 03/04/2017

Amanda is a floral genius, plain and simple. She has such innate good taste, that if you want to be more hands-off you can probably just tell her your wedding colors and let her roll, and she'll come up with something beautiful that will blow your mind. Or if you're like me, a dyed-in-the-wool Type A planner, you put together a Pinterest board with some florals you like and a few example color palettes, and she immediately understands what you're going for. She "gets it." As my wedding was in the off season (late winter), her knowledge of what flowers would be available at that time was helpful, and she checked in to make sure my expectations were in line with what she could get her hands on, and suggested additional ideas to complement the colors and flowers I already had in mind. One thing I really love about Amanda is that she's a unique and confident enough person that she doesn't have a boilerplate way that she's used to doing flowers that she'll try to slyly push you into for her own convenience, like so many vendors. If you know what you want and give her those ideas, she will make that happen and make it beautiful. It doesn't have to be the Same Old Thing in order for her to feel "safe" about doing it. On the big day, my guests loved the flowers, and I got so many compliments on them. A few weeks before the wedding, my mother-in-law also wanted to add some things to the florals we were getting including a wreath for our door at home, and Amanda accommodated those extras easily and coordinated with the wedding theme perfectly. The bouquets and arrangement that we took home after the wedding graced our tables for another couple of weeks, looked absolutely gorgeous, and kept the wedding opulence alive just a little bit longer. I highly recommend Amanda for your flowers, as there just plain isn't anyone better.

Anne · Married on 01/07/2017

Amanda's designs were beautiful. She knew exactly the look I was going for and delivered gorgeous flowers in the snow on our wedding day. She was perfect.

Hillary · Married on 12/03/2016

I found Amanda while perusing my photographers website. Her portfolio was gorgeous and she was so responsive with emailing. Even though all we needed were personal flowers (a few bouquets, boutonnieres and corsages), I felt like my wedding was equally as important as one where she was doing a lot more. Her emails were responsive and so kind, with amazing suggestions. I couldn't have been more happy or felt more heard with what I wanted out of my bouquet. I could not more highly recommend her!

Betsy · Married on 10/29/2016

Amanda is the best!! Drop the mic, end of story, period. Without a doubt, hiring her was the best wedding decision that we made. She is a true master of flowers and her passion for her craft is uncomparable! She cares intensely about every detail, down to the hand dyed ribbon used on my bouquets! She was an incredibly fun person to work with, she really took the time to listen and understand what I was seeing for flowers on our wedding day! Her vision is on point! She was also extremely flexible and willing to work with me in anyway, she handled any crazy changes I requested with grace and took time to make sure that she could execute my vision within my budget. Her work honestly made our wedding, we did not have many other decorations and did not need them! The flowers were so incredible, they were what stood out in every guests' mind and I still hear the comments about how amazing they were!! In addition to all of that, she is just the most wonderfully fun, kind and sweet person ever! I can not praise Amanda enough!!

Moira · Married on 10/08/2016

Amanda is a gem. Our photographer, Meagan Abell, recommended her services, and we were beyond thrilled. I know next to nothing about flowers, but Amanda worked with my Pinterest board and vague ideas. She's absolutely brilliant, and she is kind, funny, responsive, and a pleasure to work with.

Susan · Married on 10/08/2016

Amanda is a flower genius, from the moment we started emailing and I described my vision, she totally got it. She will work with your budget and puts together the most beautiful bouquets and centerpieces. I was SO happy with my flowers, and highly highly recommend her to anyone looking for beautiful, natural, elegant, organic feeling flowers.

Alaina · Married on 07/16/2016

The flowers were incredible! Highly recommend!!

Amanda Burnette 13

Gabriella · Married on 06/11/2016

I can't even tell you how amazing Amanda is in a simple review. My best advice - go to her website and see the photos for your own eyes. From planning all the way through the event, Amanda was a joy to work with. She is so innately talented, and is incredibly professional and responsive throughout the planning and event process. I also appreciated how she helped me think of ways to save money while still having maximum impact. I could not be happier with the end result. We got so many compliments from guests and she perfectly captured the mood of our event through her floral designs. Amanda's work is a STELLAR value for your money. I HIGHLY recommend her to anyone looking for floral design services.

Angie · Married on 05/21/2016

Here's the thing about Amanda, she's flawless. She gave me the flowers I never knew I wanted and was an absolute pleasure to work with. She has incredible taste, that's all you need to know. I had no idea what I wanted, gave her the world's most vague guidelines, and had no useful feedback since I know nothing about flowers. My wedding looked great, I looked great (flower crowns and bouquets for my bridesmaids and I), my dog looked great (he had a flower collar), and she did it all within a very VERY reasonable budget. What else can a bride ask for?

Sarah · Married on 05/01/2016

I'm not sure what I can say about Amanda that hasn't already been said! She is a total flower genius. I had a pretty comprehensive vision for my flowers, and she implemented it flawlessly. She took my gobbledygook and translated it into perfection. Also, she didn't roll her eyes when I asked that the stems of the bouquets be, "you know, not all the same length, just a little bit uneven as if I had put these together in my kitchen, but not TOO crazy."
    Additionally, I learned early on how important it was to find and select vendors that you vibe with. I have, at times, been shocked with how many wedding vendors are unfriendly or unresponsive, and still expect to get your business! Nowhere near true with Amanda. Amanda is probably too cool to be my friend, but acts the part so well. She was enthusiastic, complimentary, laid back, and cheerful throughout the entire planning process. She is one of those vendors that makes me wish I was still planning a wedding, just so that I could keep emailing with her.
    I am also wowed at how affordable Amanda's services are, especially her transport fee. I got married in a Maryland suburb of DC, and started looking outside the greater DC metro area to try to save some quiche, and I would highly recommend other DC area brides choose Amanda to get more bang for your buck!

Amanda is amazing! She continuously went above and beyond to make our dream flowers work-whether it was scouring pinterest boards, stopping by our house to pick up random things we wanted included in our flowers, or delivering all over town with a smile, she really does it all. She created EXACTLY what we envisioned for every piece of our day from grandparent corsages to boutonnieres to the absolute perfect bridal bouquet of my dreams. Amanda knew the perfect questions to ask to execute our vision. The entire process was unbelievably easy and fun, if only I could have hand-made dreamy bouquets delivered to my arms every week.

Valerie · Married on 04/23/2016

Amanda, Amanda. I looooved working with her. She has so much joy, energy and passion. I thought it was special that she wanted to meet in person to discuss my vision before she even built me a proposal. I understand that some florists don't have the time to do this; but the personal attention was so appreciated since I literally knew nothing about flowers! We brainstormed together, and I had no doubt she'd deliver exactly what I wanted.

My only two specific requests were 1) I wanted dogwood blooms in my bouquet, 2) I wanted a greenery garland for our "kings table" that was going to seat close to 30 people. Amanda worked with me to make sure we had everything on my wish list while staying within our budget---she was so flexible and creative in coming up with cost-cutting solutions that still fit within the vision. The week of our wedding arrived, and I tried not to fret as I watched all the dogwood trees lose their blooms; I dared not say anything to Amanda about it. I should have known better... Amanda = MIRACLE WORKER! She found some of the last dogwoods and created the bouquet of my dreams. And that 40 foot garland? Jaw dropping!

Lindsey · Married on 11/07/2015

I was a bridesmaid in my friend's wedding, which was held 3 months before my own. I'd been procrastinating from selecting a florist because I'd been so overwhelmed by the many choices of flowers and arrangements, and I hadn't felt that "spark" with any of the florists with whom I'd spoken. Enter Amanda. She breezed into the bridal suite at my friend's wedding with the most gorgeous arrangements I'd ever seen, and I knew I had to book her for my wedding. I cornered her on her way out the door, and she was as sweet and as enthusiastic as could be. Her personality was a far cry from the aloofness and detachment I'd experienced with other florists, and I instantly felt like I could trust her.

Fast forward three months and dozens of emails later, and I was nearly in tears when I saw the intricate, delicate, romantic arrangements she'd created for my wedding. The work she did for me was so different from the big, bold pieces she did for my friend's wedding, though both sets of arrangements were gorgeous. That, to me, shows her range as an artist - Amanda has the gift of translating even the most jumbled mess of disparate ideas into a cohesive and visually stunning work of art.

As a vendor, Amanda couldn't have been more delightful or more professional. She responded thoroughly to emails, and I appreciated the auto-response telling me when I could expect to hear back from her. She delivered her contract promptly and followed our agreement to the letter. She was full of great ideas, and was always always patient and considerate.

Amanda clearly knows her craft very well. I was delighted with the work she did for us, and I would recommend her to anyone.

Amanda was completely amazing throughout the entire process of choosing the right flowers for my wedding up to the delivery of the gorgeous arrangements on the day of. She's professional while still treating you as she would a good friend. The only thing I had in mind for my flowers was a generic color palette and Amanda took that and ran with it - getting me incredibly excited for the colors, flower types, and style of arrangement - all within one conversation. She created a custom flower headband for me that was my favorite part of my whole ensemble that day (my now husband even loved it too!), and the bouquets blew me away. She had clearly gotten to know me well enough within our couple of conversations to know exactly what my style and aesthetic was and how to create a gorgeous, magical, cohesive collection of bouquets, boutonnieres, and arrangements that would reflect that. She's a creative, genuine soul who has clearly followed her passions in the right direction and I would highly recommend her services for anyone in need of flowers for any occasion!

Diana · Married on 10/24/2015

Amanda is such a blast to work with! She's extremely friendly and always excited about her work! After meeting her, my husband and I knew right away she was the perfect person for the job! I love that she heard what I wanted and put her own flare on my bouquet! She can do both traditional floral arrangements and modern ones - it's amazing! I also love that she grows some of her own flowers!! I couldn't have imagined working with anyone else for my bouquet!

Lacey · Married on 10/17/2015

Amanda is amazing. I flip flopped throughout my entire engagement and she was always there, ready to say "Yeah, we can do that!" I shared my ideas/inspiration with her (primarily in the form of Pinterest screenshots) and the flowers that she showed up with on my wedding day were even better than Pinterest (but they'll be pinned anyway). To say they were gorgeous is a serious understatement. They were exactly what I had in mind - they were so lush, and the colors were bold and perfect. She walked through every single flower in my bouquet with me and told me what all of them were. Weddings are all about the details, and I can solidly say that the flowers were one of the best details of all. I even emailed her a week before the wedding to add a flower comb and cake flowers, and she delivered on those too. My only regret is that I can't constantly have my house filled with her arrangements. 10/10 for Amanda. She's perfect.

• Theresa

Theresa · Married on 10/10/2015

From the first time I met Amanda, I could tell that she not only had a natural talent when it came to flowers, but that she was just an overall great person and someone I enjoyed being around. This sentiment only grew with each meeting and interaction we had.

I laid out exactly what I envisioned in terms of my wedding flowers, and she took my vision and not only met but greatly exceeded my expectations. I still remember the morning of the wedding when she texted to ask if I wanted a sneak peek of the bouquets. I said "Yes!!!!" and I got a glimpse of her amazing work. That morning, every time I had little moments of stress, I would open the picture she sent over and it would help calm me down. And now, a couple months after the wedding, I still look back at the photos in awe of the beautiful flowers. To sum this up, I highly recommend Amanda. She is professional, friendly, fun, a delight to work with, and amazingly talented.

Morganne · Married on 09/05/2015

Most brides, especially type A ones like myself, have visions of perfection for their wedding day. Amanda gave me perfection and then some. I actually cried (happy tears! not stressed out, Bridezilla ones) when she walked in with the bouquets. She made my mother, who is always rocking flowers in her hair, a sweet hair comb corsage that complemented her updo and dress perfectly, my flower-dog an adorable flower collar, and my two boho bridesmaids beautiful flower crowns that made them look both elegant and wood nymph-like at the same time. She dressed up our unique altar (an antique railroad cart) with a gorgeous giant wreath. We were just sent our photo proofs, and it is immediately obvious that all of our pictures are enhanced tenfold by the bright and lush bouquets, boutonnieres, and table designs. Amanda is intuitive, creative, and wildly talented. I can't make any promises for your food or best man speech, but I can guarantee that if you work with Amanda, your flowers will be absolutely perfect and exactly how you envisioned them.