Alyson Levy Photography Reviews

Alyson Levy Photography 1
Alyson Levy Photography 2
Alyson Levy Photography 3

Casey · Married on 08/18/2018

Beautiful photos from a friendly professional

We were delighted to work with Alyson for our summer wedding; she was very responsive and had a detailed meeting with us when were "interviewing" her, then another in advance of our wedding. We agreed to take pictures before the ceremony, and she was very organized and efficient in this process (our families were impressed). During the ceremony and reception, she somehow managed to be everywhere at once, capturing the moments from all angles (she even somehow caught a picture of a random rabbit which ran across the field in front of the ceremony!) Most importantly, her pictures were gorgeous. We couldn't be happier to have worked with Alyson, and would recommend her to any couples in the future!

kelly · Married on 08/11/2018

Alyson was great to work with! She traveled from Portland to Denver for our wedding and we couldn't be happier that she did. She made us feel at ease from day one with her professional, but also very easy going demeanor. I'd highly recommend Alyson for any wedding!

Jim · Married on 09/02/2017

Alyson was a dream to work with. As good as it gets. Organized, courteous, and reassuring amid all the chaos of game day. She listened to us carefully, took good notes, and executed our vision to the letter. But first and foremost, our wedding photographs are absolutely astonishing. I don't know how she did it--the lighting conditions were not ideal, the space was challenging, our timeline was chaotic and condensed. But we are thrilled with the results and are *extremely* glad we chose Alyson Levy.

Robert · Married on 09/02/2017

Our photos were incredible and Alyson was a joy to work with!

Laura · Married on 08/05/2017

I was a bridesmaid in a wedding a few years back that Alyson photographed, and after working with her in that setting then seeing her finished products for my friend’s wedding, I KNEW I needed Alyson for my big day! She is very responsive and easy to communicate with throughout the planning process. She is so personable and comfortable to be around, like she is just one of the gang, which is so important on the day-of. She has a lot of wedding experience which comes through on the day-of: I have a rather stressful family dynamic and Alyson was able to read and handle these situations when tensions were high perfectly. Her second shooter was also a perfect personality for the job. As for the photos, just WOW. I did not have ideal weather with wildfire smoke and fog, but Alyson managed to get the most beautiful shots. All of the shots look so natural, not awkward or super posed like so many wedding photos can look like. She truly knows how to “tell the story” and she 100% has “the eye”. I didn’t think I was going to care about “getting ready” photos or “first look” with my Dad photos or any of those details, but when your day goes by so fast it’s truly incredible to have everything captured by Alyson’s artistic eye. The photos exceeded my expectations and then some. Everyone I have shared my photos with has raved. A coworker said, “I’m speechless, these are WAY better than regular wedding photos!” In sum, go with Alyson, and you will not be disappointed!!

Jessalin · Married on 07/29/2017

Alyson was AH-MAZING! We had a great experience with her and were so so happy with how our engagement and wedding photos turned out. Our engagement photos included our dog and she was very patient with him when he was distracted and not wanting to look towards the camera. She did a great job helping us before the wedding put together a timeline and shot list of the important photos we wanted, as well as being flexible on the day of with adding and subtracting photos. We decided to add a second shooter for the day of and we are so glad we did! The two of them combined were superstars at capturing every special moment of our wedding. We love our engagement and wedding photos and would DEFINITELY recommend Alyson to everyone!

Bethany · Married on 07/15/2017

A perfect fit doesn't even begin to describe how we feel about Alyson. She is a photography angel and we feel so lucky to have found her! When I started looking for wedding photographers I knew I wanted a combination of artistic photos and traditional wedding shots, and Alyson gave us both. Each and every photo she took was a unique piece of art, and she captured the emotion and feeling of our day completely. Alyson is professional, down-to-earth, and hilarious, and she really knows how to make people relax and look amazing in photos. We were so glad that she took our engagement photos before the wedding. This gave us a chance to get to know her and build a relationship. I knew from looking at her portfolio that I loved her style, but when our engagement pictures arrived I actually teared up over how beautiful and unique they were. From that moment on I knew our wedding pictures would be perfect and they absolutely were. Alyson was by far our favorite vendor to work with and we cannot recommend her highly enough. Alyson, you and your work are both such wonderful gifts, and we are forever appreciative of you!

Alyson Levy Photography 4
    Alyson Levy Photography 5
    Alyson Levy Photography 6

Maggie · Married on 07/03/2017

Alyson perfectly captured the best day of our lives, in every fun detail! If you're thinking about booking this incredibly accomplished, professional, organized, fun and friendly photographer, I highly encourage you to do so.

From the very beginning of planning, when she anticipated everything and even helped us come up with a graceful blended families photo plan, we knew we were in good hands. And on the big day, she knocked it out of the park -- setting us up for the greatest couple shots, cueing our officiant out of the way for the first kiss to make for a perfect photo, somehow photographing everything from every angle (how DID she get to the balcony and back during the ceremony and get shots of us in the same conversations with people from both sides?). Pictures from the crazy, fun dancing in a poorly lit room looked just as great as the ones from brightly lit outdoor ceremony. Going through these with each other and with family members, we all keep saying, "Yes! This is exactly how it happened!" Can't recommend Alyson enough.

Lisa · Married on 01/07/2017

I cannot even begin to tell you how amazing Alyson was. From the first email, she was communicative, friendly, and attentive. She went out of her way to make sure my husband and I got everything we wanted and needed, walked us through the entire process of what to expect from her, how to make sense of such a hectic day, how to play it cool in front of the camera. (Which, trust me, I needed the help.) She even wrangled our insane families. She was with us all day long and captured both wonderful posed photos and beautiful candids. Like, seriously, amazing candids. We get so many compliments on our wedding photos. She just captured our day so perfectly, from beginning to end, from the big moments to the tiny details, and I love going back and looking at our photos over and over again. Best part? On top of the amazing album which she helped us put together, she sent us a custom thumb drive with our names and wedding date engraved so we have all of our digital photos as well. We're so lucky we found her.

• Paula639

Paula · Married on 11/12/2016

We have had so much fun working with Alyson to date! We have met with her, settled contracts and completed our engagement session with nothing but the best experience. But when our engagement pictures arrived - OVER THE MOON! I had no idea what to expect, but Alyson has such a great eye for the little details and the exceptional lighting without us ever having to do more than be relaxed and enjoy each others company! I have received so many compliments on just our engagement photos - We really are looking forward to working with Alyson on our wedding day and the is nothing more valuable than being so confident in your vendor that you can be yourself!

Kristin · Married on 10/01/2016

The reviews are true; Alyson is incredible! She recently shot both our engagement and wedding photos and we could not be happier with the results. From start to finish, Alyson is professional, reliable, fun, easy to work with and had the exact style, creativity, and vision we were hoping for. Many of our guests commented on how unintrusive she was throughout the entire ceremony and reception and yet she was all over the place, beautifully capturing all of the big and small moments of the day. Of all the vendors we worked with, Alyson stood out as one of the easiest, best, and most dependable to work with. We feel so lucky and grateful to have found her and are absolutely thrilled with the photos (and photo albums) we have from her!

David · Married on 09/04/2016

If Alyson's photography looks good to your eye, you should book her without reservation. All the other things you need a photographer to be besides good at taking pictures, she embodies. Excellent communication and flexibility, a very easygoing manner and a high quality product delivered. I'm glad we trusted her with our photography that day.

Kathryn · Married on 08/29/2016

During the research process for our wedding, we had many people to choose from. And on top of that we were travel across the country from Philadelphia to elope in Portland. Alyson was extremely helpful in making our special day magical. Alyson was very accommodating to the location we had picked where she helped transform our time in Hoyt Arboretum, into a memory of a life time. When we asked her and her assistant to act as our witnesses, they did not hesitate and accepted right away. Alyson really made the experience a blast and we would have her as a photographer anytime.

Jessica · Married on 08/06/2016

We had a great experience with Alyson from start to finish. I immediately trusted her and her abilities, and it was well deserved! She captured such beauty and emotion from our wedding day, and wrangled unwieldy family photos with grace and professionalism. I can't stop staring at many of our photos - they are so vibrant and multi-dimensional in the feelings and moments embodied in them. I wholeheartedly recommend her!

Signe · Married on 06/25/2016

Looking for a wedding photographer? Book Alyson and you will be the happiest bride there ever was. I booked Alyson for both my engagement photo shoot and wedding photos; one in Oregon and one in Pennsylvania. She captures photos that are magazine and add quality- her photos have emotion, character, and life. Anyone can take a picture, but Alyson sees the picture before it's taken. She is a true professional!

Amity · Married on 03/26/2016

Alyson is magical! I would recommend her to everyone! What drew me to her company when I was looking for a photographer for my wedding was the diversity of people she's photographed and her poetic eye--she clearly was looking at her subjects in creative ways and putting them in creative settings.

I was lucky when Alyson was available for our date since we only had two months to plan our small wedding. Our initial phone conversation helped me think even beyond the photos--Alyson has so much wedding experience (all different shapes and sizes and flavours) that we talked about many other details and timelines. This graciousness with her time continued on our wedding day. She arrived early and stayed late! She had also scouted out interesting locations for photos near where we were getting ready and near the ceremony/reception. Her kindness and professionalism and creativity continued beyond the wedding day as she created such a beautiful wedding album for us.

Beyond all the details, everyone at our wedding had such a wonderful time working with Alyson. I'm so happy that she was part of our wedding day.

Mero · Married on 02/21/2016

If you are looking for the absolute best wedding photographer, look no further! Alyson is truly amazing. From our first meeting with her through her follow up emails and call making sure we were completely satisfied with our wedding albums, Alyson was everything we could have possibly asked for. We are from out of town, and Alyson was very flexible and accommodating to our schedules. She was extremely organized and made sure we covered all of the photo combinations that we wanted. This made our wedding day much less stressful and ensured that we had all the pictures we wanted. Prior to our wedding, she even drove out to our venue, which was nearly two hours away, so that she could scope out the best spots to take photos. She was an absolute delight to work with on the day of the wedding, and she was the perfect combination of fun and professional. She was also very easy to work with when it came to assembling our albums. And of course, the pictures were beautiful! Alyson truly has an artistic touch, and she really listened to what kind of photos we wanted. We could not have been happier with the final product. Her work is stunning! Her prices also seemed very reasonable, and she was flexible with giving us exactly what we wanted as part of our package. She even came for a quick pre-ceremony event and, once again, took amazing photos! All around, we could not be happier, and we would highly recommend Alyson to anyone. If we could give her more than 5 stars, we would... You will be happy that you chose Alyson!

Joelle · Married on 11/29/2015

Several of our friends had used Alyson for photographing their weddings and various family events and had only wonderful things to say about her. Now I know why. We hired Alyson to photograph our wedding and she was a pleasure to work with from beginning to end. Communication with her was easy and she was always quick to respond to any questions I had. She had the perfect blend of being down-to-earth and also very professional. On the big day, Alyson made sure we were able to get all of the pre-wedding photos that we wanted and did a great job working with us and our family. Within several days after the wedding, Alyson emailed us links to the photo booth shots, which were so much fun. And not long after that, she was able to share the rest of the photos, which were beautiful and really captured the magic of the night. We had considered using several different photographers, and in the end, we are so happy that we chose to work with Alyson. We highly recommend her and would happily hire her again for another special event.

Tanya · Married on 10/25/2015

I planned a wedding in just 2 weeks and was given Alyson's information for a photographer from an officiant. I contacted Alyson and she responded right away and was luckily available to photograph my intimate wedding. She met with me and was able to get information she needed to do my wedding in just one week. Alyson was professional, super friendly and non invasive. I hardly noticed she was there but captured every amazing part of my wedding! She responded to all my requests during the wedding and made us feel so comfortable. I could not say enough to recommend Alyson! I will definitely be using her for my future photography needs!

Sarah · Married on 09/19/2015

We chose to work with with Alyson for a few reasons: 1. We loved all of the work on her blog. 2. She is experienced and had shot a wedding at our venue (McMenamins Kennedy School) before. 3. She has a great personality and is SO easy to work and communicate with. Of all the people we worked with to make sure our wedding was the greatest day of our lives, Alyson really stood out. We affectionately nicknamed her "the Indiana Jones of photographers" as she followed us throughout our day with all her gear, capturing ALL of the memorable moments - not just the big ones. Alyson is very experienced and did a great job helping to wrangle our family members for the formal shots. She met with us a few times before the wedding to set the timeline and explain where all the best spots were to take pictures. Throughout the entire process she was very receptive to and respectful of all of our input and it was obvious in the final results that she took it all to heart. She is both professional and also very witty, which helped a lot to take the edge off and put smiles on our faces when my wife and I were a little stressed leading up to the ceremony. Our end result? Over 700 beautiful, professionally edited photos, an amazing wedding album, and we got an engagement session included in the package - that day and those photos were just as awesome. Our friends and family members who were at the wedding also had a lot of feedback (as wedding guests often do) - everyone who came in contact with Alyson throughout the day had nothing but spectacular things to say about her. A truly amazing value and we have NO regrets. We are so happy that we plan to work with her for family photography in the future. If you are getting married soon, do yourself a favor and reach out to Alyson - the planning process only gets easier from there!

Alyson is amazing, and is truly one of a kind! I had the pleasure of being a bridesmaid in three previous weddings photographed by Alyson, and most recently I recruited her to photograph my own wedding. My husband & I were so pleased with her skills on the big day, and are grateful for the beautiful memories she was able to capture. The google doc she uses is simple and is a huge help in getting things organized. Alyson is professional, straight forward, friendly and produces beautiful photos. She comes highly recommended from us!

Riki · Married on 08/23/2015

Alyson did such an amazing job with our wedding photography! Our pictures are amazing and it really captured the day for us. One thing that we really appreciated was that while she got amazing shots (both up close and from farther away), she was never intrusive and we hardly noticed her taking photos. We had a traditional Jewish wedding with many different parts, and we had a long list of different moments we wanted her to capture - she captured each moment beautifully! And finally, she was punctual, professional and always responded to our requests with enthusiasm. We highly highly recommend working with Alyson - she was one of the most enjoyable and easiest parts of planning our wedding.

Rebecca · Married on 07/19/2015

My main criteria for a wedding photographer was to find someone who could work beyond the posed photos, and capture the candid moments that truly make a wedding day special. I was referred to Alyson by the designer doing our invitations, and was impressed by her portfolio on her website, so we set up a meeting. From the beginning, Alyson was communicative, collaborative, professional, and fun. She asked questions and made suggestions to help understand and solidify my vision for the photos, combining my ideas with her expertise. We were planning the wedding from out of state, which was a hassle for me, but I never had any issues while working with Alyson. She was flexible and enthusiastic, and extremely helpful in getting everything to come together.

On the day of, she was organized and energetic, (despite the 100° heat!). She was unobtrusive during the ceremony (I didn't notice her at all), while still capturing all of the special moments. Her organization and direction made the formal photos following the ceremony extremely efficient: the family was out the door and on their way to cocktails in no time.

What I appreciated the most was the way she was able to put my photo-phobic groom at ease, which resulted in beautifully natural expressions in the photos (unlike his usual stiff smile in photos!). Her attitude and energy kept us happy and relaxed, which is exactly the memory I want to have of my wedding day. And as for the candid shots: exactly what I had hoped for!

When she sent the set over (in an adorably packaged flash drive), I cried all over again looking through them. I can't thank her enough for capturing the joy and love of our day - we will keep these memories forever. Alyson, thank you so much for everything.

(P.S. Get the Selfie Station. The selfies our guests took were HILARIOUS, and some of my favorites from that day!! Don't skip it!)

Meredith · Married on 07/11/2015

Alyson is an awesome photographer and fun person to boot. Her pictures are creative and stunning and she is easy to have around on your big day. We gave her the huge job of helping us create a moving picture booth at our wedding instead of the traditional wedding video and it turned out beautiful. Such a fun way to capture he spirit of all the people who were there.
    She took thousands of pictures so we feel that between the amazing photographs and the video (and a second photographer) we certainly got our money's worth. The pictures even came in a wooden box on an adorable wooden flash drive engraved with our names and wedding date. If you are in the Portland area you'd be silly not to take the stress out of your big day by hiring Alyson.

Christy · Married on 07/06/2015

Alyson is amazing! We chose her from 4 photographers we liked in the Portland area, and are incredibly happy we did! She was very friendly, easygoing, with a good sense of humor, and very professional. She even did a few engagement photos for us when we met with her to discuss wedding details. Her journalistic style of photography caught so many beautiful candid shots. She found all the small details of the wedding I spent so much time on and caught them in the photos. On a very HOT summer day, she made it all work smoothly... the posed group shots were quick and painless, and she captured a variety of personalities, scenes, and moments we didnt see in the rush of the day, and are so happy to look back on each of them. Her package prices are very reasonable, and quality is high! Alyson sent all the links for downloading our photos a few weeks after the wedding, and sent a beautiful package with the USB containing all our shots to us in Europe. The whole wedding party and my family recommend her too!!! Thanks, Alyson!