Aly Am Paperie Invitations & Gifts Reviews

• User4252960 · event on: 05/17/2014

3.6
      2.0
      3.0

Great variety, great price, friendly people. Only issue was when I was not notified that my invitations were ready to be picked up...they said they called, but they didn't.

Sent on 07/16/2014

Brittani · Married on 04/26/2014

3.2
      3.0

We purchased our programs from Aly Am, they turned out beautifully. They were slightly expensive for the quality of the product, but I would most likely purchase from there again.

Sent on 07/17/2014
  • Natalie

Natalie · Married on 05/23/2015

2.0
      2.5
      3.5

I had a really hard time searching for invitations and I knew that I was running out of time when I walked into Aly Am Paperie. They made an excellent first impression. Gretchen was very attentive, they showed me their invitation options right away and made it very easy to set up an appointment. I went to another vendor before I decided to go with Aly Am and they basically showed me an invitation book and told me to pick one- so i felt really good about going with Aly Am even though the price was more than I wanted to pay. However, after my initial contact (and payment) communication slipped and it became clear that Gretchen and I were not on the same page regarding timing. She was always very kind, but sometimes I was not sure whether my emails were received and there were gaps in when I expected responses and when I received them. I would recommend this vendor to someone who has ample time to get their invitations back. Get things like timing in writing so that everyone is on the same page. Additionally, in hindsight, I now know that these invitations are EXPENSIVE and I wish I had been fully aware of all my options. In the end, I had to set a hard deadline in order to get my invitations out with enough time for my RSVP date and Gretchen came through. I really love the finished product. She really does create a beautiful, high quality product.

Sent on 03/26/2015

1.4
      1.0
      0.5

Horrible customer service. They met NONE of the deadlines that were set and they were rude about fixing a mistake THEY made.

Sent on 08/12/2013

Nicole · Married on 08/24/2017

0.4
      0.5

I don't know where to even begin with this horrible and stressful experience. We went to Gretchen for our wedding dinner invitations Bc I read great reviews. However, they were a disappointment. I showed her what I wanted and she said she could do this, on time no problem. She did not deliver. The quality of the invitations were poor and rushed. The burnt edges of the paper wasn't sealed(like it's supposed to be done) and black ashes got all over the envelopes and insert cards, clothes and hands. We had to pick almost half of them out Bc the back of some of them were extremely burnt and embarrassing to send out. She sent us an email showing us our wax seal but it had the wrong monogram. When I questioned her about it, she got snippy with me. We call her 8 days before the event and explain to her our concerns that nobody will receive them. She reassured us they would be ready the next day so we explained to her we would be going straight to the post office right after to mail them off. 7 days before my dinner at 5:15pm she calls us and tells us they're ready to be picked up. We go to the other side of town to pick them up and when we get there, the invitations were all over the place. She didn't even have the courteousness to put them together knowing our time sensitive situation. It was basically a kit that we had to put together ourselves. She had me in tears Bc we had to beg the post office not to kick us out. She didn't complete the list of guests on the envelopes going out and then there were doubles and triples of the same guests. She also forgot about the rose I wanted with each invitation sent out. These invitations did not even make it to my out of town guests on time.
    We also made the mistake of getting our dinner napkins from her too Bc my husbands were the wrong color throwing off our color scheme. For my fiancé paying her in full before the job was completed, she did not take this job seriously for such an important event for us. She also told us that

Sent on 06/18/2017

0.4
      0.5

Aly am paperie has very nice invitations but we had a very difficult time with this place. My save the dates and invitations were not done correctly. questions were not answered I had to ask my questions several times before I got an answer. Paid so much to only end up designing the invitations ourselves and just having them printed by aly am paperie.

would never use them again

beware of this vendor!

Sent on 09/08/2013

0.0

Absolutely terrible experience. In short: we paid in full for our invitations in August 2012 so that we could send out invitations by end of December for our March 2013 wedding. After countless emails, phone calls, and run-arounds, by mid-January, we still didn’t have them. We tried to get our money back, but the store owner, Gretchen said the paper cost them over $100. I bought the EXACT same paper for $10 at Michael’s Arts and Crafts store. She would not give us a full refund. All we wanted was Kraft paper invitations with simple white font. Then she said that they needed a special machine to print in white, and that she could only find one in New York. All in all, our experience with Aly Am Paperie was a nightmare. This was by far the most stressful part of our wedding planning. I ended up making our invitations myself in about 5 hours and $50 from FedEx. We sent our invitations out 5 1/2 weeks before the wedding. This is the short version of our problems with this store. The long version is much worse and more of a headache.

Sent on 07/30/2013