Alvin's Kitchen Reviews

28 | Gatlinburg, TN

28 Reviews for Alvin's Kitchen

Erica Keener · Married on 10/12/2019

Our perfect day

On October 12, 2019 Alvin’s Kitchen catered our wedding event held on site at our cabin were we had our ceremony and reception. They were very professional and diligently took care of every need. The meal they prepared for us was delicious! We highly recommend! Thank you again NeNe!

Sent on 10/27/2019

Alvin's Kitchen's reply:

Thank you for entrusting is with your day. It was our pleasure. Many blessings.
    Nene and Alvin’s Kitchen
  • Hallie

Hallie · Married on 07/13/2019

Amazing People and Food

Alvin's Kitchen was absolutely perfect for our morning wedding. The food was fantastic and the employee's were so kind and they worked hard. Nene made our experience with booking very easy and stress-free. I would recommend Alvin's Kitchen to anyone who asks.

Sent on 08/21/2019

Madison · Married on 04/06/2019

Gatlinburg Wedding

They were perfect! My wedding reception could not have been more perfect!

Sent on 04/08/2019

Dillon Flowers · Married on 02/13/2019

Engagement

Alvin’s kitchen is by far one of the best experiences I could have imagined! If your looking for someone to go above and behind talk to NeNe she is definitely great at her job for setting everything up! Alvin came to our cabin for our engagement and stunned my fiancé with his chiefs skills! Great experience and highly recommend for any occasion!

Sent on 03/06/2019
  • Courtney

Courtney Dunleavy · Married on 01/25/2019

Wedding Catering

Alvin’s catered our wedding in January. They were absolutely wonderful.
    They deserve more than 5 stars.
    We actually a few months before the wedding .. a few members of my family and I met with Alvin to do a tasting. We fell in love with his hospitality and the food. He was such a great guy and was very accommodating.

Nene (Alvin’s coordinator) helped a lot with questions and was always available. Any time I had a question she was always a phone call away.

The food was unbelievable.

They also did all of the reception decorations (linen, centerpieces, tableware,etc) everything was just perfect.

Prices were defiantly reasonable and affordable.

Highly recommend ... and like I said before they deserve more than 5 stars!!

Sent on 02/06/2019

Courtney and Daniel,
    It was an absolute pleasure to work with you the past months. It was fun chatting with and getting to know you. You were always throwing us suggestions, keeping us on our toes and we were happy to accommodate.
    Thank you for choosing us to work with you and giving us the opportunity to help make your day unforgettable.
    Thank you for the wonderful review.

Be blessed,
    Chef Alvin, Nene and Staff
  • Silvia

Silvia · Married on 01/05/2019

Flexible, affordable, delicious!

Alvin, Nene and their team were so amazing to work with. Since the beginning they were super responsive, flexible and accommodating. We wanted to have Risotto and not only we got it -despite not being in their menu-, but it was AMAZING! Salad was highly acclaimed amongst attendees as well! Everyone loved the food, and the guys on-site were great to work with, super helpful, kind and easy going. Love, love, love! Thank your for everything!

Sent on 01/08/2019

Silvia,
    Thank you so much for the awesome review. We were happy to asked and be aable to take part in your special day! We are happy you enjoyed your dinner and it was our pleasure make your requested dish.

Be Blessed,
    Nene, Chef Alvin & Staff

Savonnah · Married on 10/28/2018

The food was amazing! Alvin is very professional. The price of the food was affordable. Very satisfied with the experience of the tasting!

Sent on 08/20/2018

Laura Holmes · Married on 10/28/2018

5 stars!

My husband and I got married at the Magnolia in Pigeon Forge in October. We had an unfortunate circumstance in which our caterer was no longer available 2 months before our wedding. Alvin's Kitchen stepped in immediately and helped us recreate our menu and stuck to our budget. Our guests raved about the delicious BBQ. We had cupcakes and mini cheesecakes for desert in place of a cake, exactly as we envisioned. The staff was wonderful, the food was delicious and we wouldn't have changed a thing. Thanks Alvin's Kitchen!

Sent on 01/13/2019

Laura and Aubrey,
    It was our pleasure to help you insure you had an unforgettable day. We are so pleased you were happy with our services.
    Thank you for the fabulous review. We appreciate the kind words of praise.
    Many blessings,
    Chef Alvin, Nene and Staff

Alicia · Married on 10/27/2018

They did an outstanding job on my wedding day!

They were very wonderful! Food was amazing, customer service great, everything was perfect of my day because how amazing they were! Thank you!

Sent on 10/31/2018

Alicia and Jacob,
    Thank you for letting us be a part of your day. It was an honor. We are pleased you are happy with everything we did.
    Congratulations and be blessed.

Nene & Chef

Betsy Bahnsen · Married on 10/26/2018

Amazing food!

My husband and I did a tasting before our reception and were blown away with how great the food was, we knew we had to have his food. The night of our reception everyone was raving about the food and how good it was. Also the cake was absolutely delicious!! The bartender and server were so much fun! Alvin was quick to respond with any questions we had and was a joy to work with.

Sent on 10/29/2018

Alvin's Kitchen's reply:

Thank you for your review. We are happy you chose us for your special day. It was a pleasure to host your reception.
    We will send your thanks to Sandy and our People’s.
    Many blessings your way and Congratulations!!
    Best Wishes,
    Chef and Nene

dorothy · Married on 07/21/2018

excellent service,good food nice place, pretty, good location, friendly people, everyone had good time,good, good, goof great, easy to work with, very good great food excellent dessert spectacular great service, would recommend to someone else in area centrally lly located

Sent on 08/01/2018

Alvin's Kitchen's reply:

Thank you Dorothy and family for choosing Alvin’s Kitchen for your reunion. We had a wonderful time hosting your event. Thank you for the review.

Kathleen · Married on 09/25/2017

GSMC was a fantastic choice for our cabin reception. The selection is amazing! The pricing is extremely affordable and you can customize your menu even if you have a small gathering like us. Casey was awesome yo work with and made sure everything went smoothly even when we planned from a far. The attendant set up on time, was extremely professional, and friendly. Oh and you have to try the brie! It was delish! I would totally recommend GSMC!

Sent on 10/24/2017

Noelle · Married on 04/16/2016

Casey helped me plan out my big day and made everything so easy. Not only did she help with the menu, she booked our tables and chairs, suggested other vendors such as our cake lady and offered several other services in addition to providing our meal. She made planning my wedding seem so easy and stress free. The staff were professional and on time. I really have no complaints. Our day was perfect.

Sent on 04/19/2016

Jessica · Married on 07/11/2015

Christina has been an absolute god send! If it weren't for her not only being my caterer but helping me to find other wonderful vendors in the Gatlinburg area, I would be lost. She has given me complete peace of mind for everything for my wedding day!

Sent on 03/12/2015

Ashley · Married on 04/11/2014

Food and service was amazing!!! Thanks for everything!

Sent on 04/23/2014

Tanya · Married on 12/21/2013

Tyler did a FANTASTIC job. The food was great. He put ice in our champagne buckets and helped to open all of the champagne bottles, cut the cake and even saved some of the appetizers for us since we missed out during our photography session. And the goat cheese rissoles are to die for - everyone LOVED them! Thank you for helping to make our wedding such a great event.

Sent on 12/31/2013

Dorian · Married on 06/29/2013

Everyone raved about the food! They came to our venue,set up, served, and cleaned up!! The food was delicious and there was plenty to go around!! Thank you for being a part of our wedding day!!

Sent on 07/03/2013

The guys at River Plantation Catering rock! Our food was awesome. Chef Matt did a really great job creating our menu, and even accommodating to our vegetarian guests. Both Tyler and Chef Matt were extremely professional, and super personable towards me, and our guests. Thank you!

Sent on 07/24/2013

Ron · Married on 03/15/2013

Great team, Always professional , reliable, service is awesome. The food is always fresh, hot, delicious. I enjoy working with them and recommend them highly

Sent on 07/24/2013

JUDY · Married on 07/21/2012

SPECIAL THANKS TO THE PEOPLE OF RIVER PLANTATION FOR THEIR USE OF THEIR BUILDING AND THE CATERING WAS FANTASTIC. HAD TO FEED AROUND 160 PEOPLE AND THEY MADE IT LOOT EASY. MR. MICHAEL COBB OFFERRED TO SWITCH OUT DESERT FOR A FRUIT BAR AND THAT WAS A BIG HIT. THE FOOD DISPLAY WAS GREAT AND EVERYONG ENJOYED THE FOOD. SPECIAL THANKS TO TYLER SCOTT FOR OVERSEEING EVERYTHING. HE WAS A GREAT HELP. ANYTHING WE NEEDING WAS TAKEN CARE OF.

THANKS AGAIN AND HOPE TO HAVE A FAMILY REUNION AT RIVER PLANTATION IN THE FUTURE.
    ULI AND JUDY CORREA

Sent on 07/23/2012

Alvin's Kitchen's reply:

Thank you Judy for the wonderful review... we look forward to working with you in the future!

Renee · Married on 05/16/2012

River Plantation Catering was phenonimal! I HIGHLY recommend River Plantation Catering to anyone holding an in Event in the Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge - Smoky Mountain Area. Micheal, Chef Matt and all of the crew was fantastic to work with, and more then meant, and over exceeded our needs and expectations for our spring wedding. The food was delicious, and beautifully put together. Their facility was well kept, and extremely clean! I didn't have to worry about a single thing! We will be back in the fall for our annual family reunion in Sevierville for sure! Keep up the fantastic work guys!

Sent on 07/10/2012

Michael Cobb

Stacy · Married on 12/16/2012

I loved the food! It was my wedding day and I honestly didn't eat very much, but it was delicious. Janet and the rest of the crew here were easy to work with and very affordable! The staff helped out and my reception was a blast!

Sent on 02/26/2013

Alvin's Kitchen's reply:

Thank you so much for choosing us for your wedding Reception... It was truely a beautiful event.

Michael Cobb

Amanda · Married on 10/04/2014

When we first booked this caterer it was known as River Plantation Catering. The 3 gentlemen that we dealt with we so accomidating and friendly. They managed to squeeze us in for taste testing because they knew we were from out of state. The food was outstanding and the price was reasonable. About two weeks before the wedding I attempted to ccontact them to give my final head count and payment but I found the phone number was disconnected and the website stated the name and location had changed. I called the number on the site. But it went straight to a full voicemail box. Needless to say I freaked out a little. It took my mother calling our cabin rental place and pleading with them to track this cater down to get a hold of them. They were apologetic and assured me everything was still fine but they had a new chef as well. The food ended up still being amazing and the staff was accomidating and friendly. We got many compliments and I enjoyed talking to the staff. They were all smiles and wouldn't let me lift a finger. The only complaint I had would be communication. Would have been nice to know the whole business changed.

Sent on 10/11/2014

Terri · Married on 10/28/2017

Casey was very helpful and worked with my daughter mostly via email. Food was good...but not spectacular. Server did a great job and handled everything well.

Sent on 11/04/2017

Rachel · Married on 08/06/2016

3.8
      2.5
      2.0

Casey was the only person in the area that seemed to do her job at the level of quality a wedding caterer should have. She was amazing and put my mind at ease always. The only problem I did have though which I suppose was a rather big problem unfortunately, was that we had a buffet/serve yourself style wedding dinner and there was not enough food for everyone I ended up finding out. There were no extra surprise guests, I think I actually paid for more than came but some people didn't get a chance to eat :( 1 other issue was at the last minute without asking/confirming with us they changed the bread that an appetizer was on because it was to be left to be ate later in the night (didn't happen because not enough food was brought anyways) but if so they made an executive decision to change the dish which in the end I didn't like at all compared to the original. Again, Casey was amazing though but big issues when coming to a wedding.

Sent on 02/06/2017