Altared Weddings & Events Reviews

Altared Weddings & Events 5
Altared Weddings & Events 6
Altared Weddings & Events 7

Kelly · Married on 04/07/2017

I posted this review on Google and sharing here as well.... We hired Altared Weddings for DJ services only. Ryan was extremely professional and buttoned up when I first spoke with him about their services. I got a really good vibe that I would be in good hands with Altared. We ended up selecting David as our DJ and he killed it! He took all of our song requests (even guessed which was my favorite and got it right!), played everything on queue that we asked for, and was very professional in emceeing the night. We were so happy and got a lot of great complements on how everyone loved the DJ!

Sent on 04/28/2017
  • F

Flavia · Married on 04/01/2017

I had a great experience with Altared. Ryan was really great at getting us all set up and understood right away what we were going for, and didn't pressure us into anything we didn't want. We loved DJ Sean, we had a great call with him prior to the wedding, and he conferred with us just the right amount during the party. Highly recommend!

Sent on 04/11/2017

Leslie · Married on 02/18/2017

Sean Hunt DJ'd our wedding in the Hill Country. Like a lot of couples, we spent a lot of long nights going back and forth about where to save costs, what vendors to choose, etc. The initial communications with the owner of Altared Weddings gave us a lot of confidence that they were a vendor we could trust and that would be worth choosing (everything from how they approach the proposal to how they send you the contract is extremely easy and professional). But then came the actual day of our wedding, and we could not have asked for a better DJ.

My personal goal was that all of our guests would continue dancing until the very last possible moment, and that's exactly what happened. Sean is a true master of his craft, and knew how to work the room from the ceremony through dinner and all the way until the final sparkler send-off.

When he called us a couple of days before the wedding to finalize the details, it was clear that he was experienced and knew exactly how to manage our excitement and our own inexperience with choosing songs. Where we weren't sure what songs would work, he would offer suggestions. When we weren't sure what group dances would work he offered alternatives. During the actual reception, he played every song on our "must play" list, took requests, but also chose songs that he knew would keep the crowd moving. He edited our first dance songs to perfection (we literally sent him a youtube link to a song in Mandarin and he edited it without any pushback). Oh, and we had two friends play live music during the ceremony, and he set them up with mics and coordinated when they would play with very little involvement from my part. I never stressed once about the music because Sean had it together from beginning to end.

I could go on and on, but in the end, Sean and everyone at Altared Weddings were the best vendor we worked with in Texas, and you won't regret the investment in the music that builds and shapes the emotion of the day.

Sent on 03/11/2017
  • Daniel

Daniel · Married on 12/31/2016

Altared Weddings is an absolutely incredible company to work with! Ryan is very responsive and is always willing to work with you in efforts to make sure that your big day is everything that you would ever want it to be. The lighting was exactly the way we wanted it to be and his services truly transformed our space into something more than we could have ever imagined.

Christian was our DJ for the evening and we could not have asked for a more professional, energetic, and all around brilliant individual to have the opportunity to work with. He is so incredibly in tune with the energy of the event and always made sure that every guest was having the best time. I would highly recommend booking Christian as he is most definitely the BEST!

Thank you Ryan and Christian for everything...we couldn't have done it without you!!

Sent on 01/16/2017

Tina · Married on 11/19/2016

They did a great job using lighting to create just the atmosphere we were looking for at our event. The quality of the lighting was outstanding and their responsiveness and flexibility was really appreciated.

Sent on 11/30/2016

Tiffany · Married on 11/12/2016

I used Altered Weddings for my wedding in November and Sean was assigned to be my DJ based on our music preferences. All I have to say is THANK THE LAWD FOR SEAN!!! He was OUTSTANDING and went above and beyond to make my "wedding music dreams" a reality, even down to customizing our first dance music since we wanted multiple songs and he did not disappoint! He played everything we asked and kept the music flowing like a true professional, the dance floor was never empty and everyone is still talking about how much fun our wedding was. Sean jumped in to make sure the wedding day ran seamlessly and partnered with my wedding planner to make sure our day was perfection, and it was! He even made a sweet surprise for my husband and I after the wedding. I'm truly blessed to have had him as my DJ!
    From start to finish, Altered Weddings communicated and walked us through everything and answered every question quickly. I also used them to do the lighting at my reception and it was stunning! I had them install up lighting and pin lighting and it made my reception look like fairy tale. 5+ star rating for sure and I would say if you ever get a chance to work with them, book them asap!!!

Sent on 12/05/2016

Altared Weddings & Events's reply:

Wow! Thank you for the great feedback! We love Sean!

Leila · Married on 11/01/2016

DJ David and Ryan were both great to work with. Very organized, professional and super responsive. Didn't have to worry about anything on the big day! Altared Weddings also has tons of options pertaining to lighting and entertainment--not just DJ services. Price was good too! Definitely recommend.

Sent on 11/21/2016

Altared Weddings & Events's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to send us such great feedback! Davey and Ryan are both great members of the Altared team! Thank you, and best wishes from us!

rose · Married on 10/22/2016

I was not going to get lighting but after doing some research, I came across Altared. After speaking to Ryan and educating me on how the light can set the ambience and highlight my table centerpiece and cake, I decided to work with him and his team. Ryan is excellent and even when the wedding was only a month away, he worked with me and my wedding planner to get everyhing ready. I was amazed at how elegant the venue was lit. It was truly my fairy tale wedding.

Sent on 11/02/2016

Altared Weddings & Events's reply:

Thank you, Rose! Best wishes to you guys!

Maggie · Married on 10/15/2016

We used Altared Weddings for our lighting design, and I am so thankful we did. Originally we were not going to have any additional lighting as the venue was just naturally beautiful and filled with tree lights, but the lighting design their provide enhanced the space tremendously and really transitioned the night from dinner atmosphere to party time! Their lighting also helped highlight all the gorgeous floral arrangements and cake. I know the pictures will be stunning thanks to the lighting design.

They also made communication so simple! In fact, I only spoke to them about the quote, other than that they only communicated with my wedding planner so I did not have to stress about any of the logistics.

I would highly recommend! Beautiful job! No hassel! No stress!

Sent on 10/27/2016

Altared Weddings & Events's reply:

Thanks Maggie! I will let the lighting team know you were pleased! Best wishes!

Marisse · Married on 10/15/2016

What a great experience!

DJ Davey (AKA Richard Gear) was originally recommended to me by one of my long time friends, who is also married to a professional DJ. Unfortunately he was booked at the time so we were still on the hunt.

Fortunately for me, (perhaps unfortunately for someone else), there was a cancellation and Ryan emailed me and let me know they were available. It worked out great for us as we were still looking. I had a lot of very questionable replies to my craigslist ad or the good DJ's were already booked. It was a crap shoot.

I wanted a good DJ and someone who knows good music, but also can emcee the party announcements, set dances, entrances, toasts, etc. It requires a good balance of professionalism without being cheesy or too stiff and most importantly play good music and get a party going. Luckily Altared and David have done this many times before and it worked out great.

The selling points for me were:

1. Professionalism and no fuss business model. The web portal was great and everything was very clear and straight forward. No red flags along the way. They answered all my questions along the way.

2. Real DJ's. Not your typical artificial wedding DJ. Music is their first love and that translates to the dance floor. Once the party started all of the ladies were dancing. He listened to our music choices beforehand and everyone had a blast. David was very friendly, we chatted about music and had no hiccups. We are very picky about music. No cheesy typical wedding music, pop music, corny stuff. But also enough variety and recognizable songs to have fun to for those who are not so picky so the balance was great.

Thank you guys! I highly recommend DJ Davey and Altared events.

Sent on 11/08/2016

Jenn · Married on 10/08/2016

I highly recommend working with Altared. They're easy to work with and did a great job with lighting, music and setting up games. Totally set the mood for the entire night and we received many compliments.

Sent on 10/19/2016

Altared Weddings & Events's reply:

Thank you, Jenn! Great working with you guys! Best wishes!

Austin · Married on 10/01/2016

Altared Weddings definitely exceeded our expectations for our wedding! From the initial meeting with Ryan to the very last song with our DJ ,Jason Farmer, we were in good hands. Jason was spot on with the playlist for the reception, everyone came up to us and mentioned the DJ being awesome and he was. Not only did he keep the dance floor packed from start to finish, but he made our ceremony that much more special taking my Brides recorded piano music and playing it perfectly throughout. I would not hesitate one bit to book Altared Weddings and reach out to Jason. Just by the exchange of emails and meetings you can tell they truly do care for you special day and they will go above and beyond!

Sent on 10/17/2016

Altared Weddings & Events's reply:

Thank you so much Austin. It was a pleasure getting to know you guys and I'm so glad we found a great fit with Jason. Cheers to your future!

Brooke · Married on 07/23/2016

Absolutely a WONDERFUL company to work with! Ryan Guthrie made sure we had everything we needed to have a perfect wedding! Our DJ, Christian Barbuto, was amazing and he kept people on the dance floor the whole night. I would definitely recommend him as a DJ! We gave him a little bit of direction on what we liked for music and he took care of the rest from there! He even took the time to call me the week before the wedding to make sure we had all the details in order. Everything about this company was more than I could have asked for! They did our ceremony music, DJ, wine barrel lighting (which was awesome!), and we rented a projector from them for our love story video. I really felt like a valued customer with this company and it took so much stress off of my back knowing that I was working with such great people!

Sent on 09/11/2016

Patti · Married on 07/10/2016

When we walked in the venue our eyes lit up and we almost started to cry. The reception room was so gorgeous lit up with all the lighting. Words cannot explain how pleased with are with Altared Weddings lighting. They even added extra lighting to make the area look even more fabulous at no extra cost to us. We would highly recommend them to anyone!!!

Sent on 07/17/2016

Katie · Married on 06/18/2016

DJ Christian worked our wedding, and we loved him! Although we had songs in mind that we absolutely wanted to be played at the reception, we gave him license to do what he thought would be best to satisfy our guests. Christian made it so easy for us - he played a variety of music that everyone knew, and guests of all ages were dancing all night long (from little kids to my grandparents).

We also rented yard games from Altared, which our guests had tons of fun with. It was really nice having something else to entertain those who aren't big fans of dancing. I would recommend DJ Christian and Altared Events to everyone! I didn't have to stress about any of the details because I knew everything was in great hands.

Sent on 07/02/2016

Courtney · Married on 06/04/2016

We worked with Altared Weddings for our lighting at our reception. The provided uplighting, pin spotting and a light wall specially made for Brodie Homestead. Our guests raved about how beautifully the venue was lit. Lighting can sometimes be overlooked, but it made such a difference for our reception and provided just the atmosphere I was looking for. They were helpful and attentive to work with and I would work with them again in the future.

Sent on 07/10/2016

Matthew · Married on 06/04/2016

DJ Aaron did such an amazing job with music for our wedding. He also worked really well with one of our good friends who MC'd and was on point with all the music queues etc. Altared also provided us with an amazing photobooth/mirror that was super fun with fast photo print outs. They sent us a specific questionnaire a month before the wedding to adequately prepare and had phone calls to discuss/plan before the wedding. It was such a great feeling knowing we didn't have to worry about music/entertainment during our wedding reception, because Altared and DJ Aaron had us taken care of :)

Sent on 06/15/2016

Terri · Married on 05/28/2016

Ryan at Altared Weddings delivered on everything, just as they had committed. After the wedding, we heard guests say that the lighting was what made the atmosphere very warm and inviting and distinctly beautiful.

Sent on 06/04/2016

Altared Weddings & Events's reply:

Thanks so much, Terri! Appreciate the love!

Cadie · Married on 05/27/2016

Planning a wedding is a daunting task. So many emails, trying to find the right fit with vendors, and the list goes on. Altared Weddings hit the ball out of the park on every category: quality, responsiveness, professionalism, value, flexibility. From the time I wrote the first inquiry email to the wedding day they were right there with top-notch service. I would highly, highly recommend Altared Weddings. Jason was an amazing DJ and so much fun to work with! To be honest, I have a pretty conservative family, so I had no idea if anyone would want to dance....um, we had a knock-down, drag out party on the dance floor. It was awesome. This is a wonderful, professional company and a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 08/03/2016

We used Sean Hunt for first our daughter's wedding in Austin, then a year later for our son's wedding in Dallas. We loved him both times. Our family and friends danced the entire night. Sean was professional and played popular music, and also provided the wedding music as well. My son and I did a dance that required him to change songs in the middle. I was a little nervous, but it went off without a hitch. What fun!

Sent on 05/22/2016

Altared Weddings & Events's reply:

I am so glad to hear this! Sean is amazing, and I am so glad that you got to work with him twice! Much love!

Paige · Married on 05/21/2016

My best friend (also a recent bride) recommended Altared Weddings to me and I am so glad she did. We worked with Ryan for booking and Jason was our DJ. Both were great and easy to work with. I met Jason in person and he quickly picked up on the type of party my fiancé and I were wanting to throw. We collaboratively came up with an awesome playlist that mixed country, rap, and top 40’s perfectly.

Jason was great with last minute changes. The day before the wedding, my fiancé and I recut the song for the first dance and sent it to him. He accepted the change in stride. Moments before we were exiting the reception, we realized my car was not parked close by and we needed him to stall. He was able to stall without anyone noticing.

In my opinion, Jason exhibited the defining characteristic of a good DJ: you noticed the great music but never noticed the DJ. Jason spoke when he needed to (introducing the wedding party, etc.) but not any more than that. I have been to weddings where the DJ monopolized the reception and it ruined the wedding. I was nervous that would happen but I shouldn’t have been. Jason is a true professional and eager to please. I would recommend Altared Weddings and Jason with no reservations.

Sent on 07/12/2016

Ryan and his crew were great! They created a great environment for our rehearsal dinner. The lighting and technical services were outstanding.

Sent on 05/26/2016

Altared Weddings & Events's reply:

Thanks for the kind words!

DJ Sean & the team at Altered Weddings was amazing - we got SO many compliments on our music! Sean was so easy going and easy to talk to - he kept everyone dancing & the mood upbeat! I would HIGHLY recommend them! The lighting was fantastic & really helped set the mood - they were familiar with our venue and knew what worked best. The ceremony was also beautifully handled and he really came through. DJ Sean was amazing and so friendly - I felt at ease with him and he had our complete trust! He always made sure we were comfortable the whole night!

Sent on 05/16/2016

Altared Weddings & Events's reply:

Thanks so much tor taking the time to let us know that Sean and the lighting team worked well with you guys! Much love from Altared!

DJ Jason made our wedding night so fun! I was a little unsure of whether a DJ could really influence the night, but he really made the evening spectacular. Not only did he call my husband and I the week before the event to go over what we wanted for the wedding, he even accepted our last minute calls and changes the week of! He played a great mix of music that appealed to the 20-something's all the way to the grandparents. We were really impressed with how professionally he handled the ceremony and announcements at the reception as well. At our rehearsal dinner, we used Altared weddings to rent a projection screen for an outdoor movie. The movie and equipment worked perfectly without any problems. I would recommend Altared Weddings (and especially Jason!) to anyone looking for DJ or equipment rental services..

Sent on 05/25/2016

Altared Weddings & Events's reply:

Thanks so much for the sweet comments! I will pass this on to Jason, who is, in fact, amazing!

Emily · Married on 04/24/2016

I contacted Ryan with Altared only about a month before my wedding and he definitely came through in a pinch. We used him for lighting only - Edison bulb festoons, his barrel lights with Edison bulb strings and a couple of down/uplights. Everything was absolutely beautiful and he really saw my vision.
    The thing that set Altared apart from their competitors was that they use LED bulbs and do not consume a lot of power. This was critical for me as I was outdoors in a remote area and power was not abundant. With their LED bulbs, no generators required!

Thanks Ryan and team! You guys did a great job and I'd definitely recommend.

Sent on 05/09/2016

Altared Weddings & Events's reply:

Emily, we love that we could provide the lighting for your wedding and we're so glad you enjoyed the new LED string lights.