Altared Weddings & Events Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner

• Cece
    Cece Z. Getting married on 05/07/2022

Best dj around!

Ricardo was AMAZING!!!! He was able to meet our guest music needs and kept everyone days until 1am!!! You definitely want to have him at your event!

Altared Weddings & Events's reply:

DJ Ricardo is THE BEST!! And Congratulations on your wedding!! He's definitely got the 'touch' at keeping the dancefloor full. Thanks for the great words!
  • Staci
    Staci C. Married on 09/06/2021

Elegant Evening

The staff at worked so hard to accommodate me in every way that they could. They arrived early so that I could decorate the lighting fixture that they were installing and actually helped us to remove the decorations at the end. The gentlemen that worked on the installation were so friendly and helpful. They went above and beyond. The lighting made the evening magical.

Altared Weddings & Events's reply:

Scott & Galen are the production guys who helped you! THEY ARE AMAZING and very accommodating. We're so glad the lighting fixture helped the wedding become even more MAGICAL than it already was! CONGRATS!
    Carter Married on 08/20/2021

Everything was as expected!! Great job!

Thank you for your patience and flexibility! You guys are awesome!

Altared Weddings & Events's reply:

We sorta think we're awesome too! Having multi-services in a one-stop-shop really makes things easy, right? Congratulations and happily ever after!
    Hannah B. Married on 07/12/2021

The Altered team feels like friends, rather than vendors!

Our company has used Altered many times in the past but I recently got to work with them for the first time. The Altered team feels more like friends than vendors when showing up to your event. Amongst the craziness of load-in, they're cool, calm and comforting. They were able to take my few words of direction and make the space more perfect than I could have imagined! If you appreciate honest, genuine people and beautiful lighting without too much direction, I would highly recommend utilizing their services for your upcoming event!

Altared Weddings & Events's reply:

We enjoy each & every client and truly feel like your event is OUR event. Thank you for the kind words! We work hard to keep your stress-level at a minimum!
  • Tori
    Tori A. Married on 07/02/2021

Lighting and Photobooth Experience

AMAZING EXPERIENCE! We used them for uplighting, GOBO projector, and photobooth and they did awesome! Everyone complimented the lighting and photobooth the whole wedding! Such a nice touch. And the team was awesome! I had a great consult call with Shelly who was very helpful and they were organized throughout the whole process. 10/10 recommend!

Altared Weddings & Events's reply:

CONGRATS! We're thrilled to have been a part of your Big Day! The lights & photo booth are sweet touches on an already amazing day, thanks again for inviting Altared to be there!
    Elizabeth B. Married on 05/08/2021

Outstanding service

Shelley and her team were absolutely OUTSTANDING in EVERY way! Will not go wrong working with them. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Altared Weddings & Events's reply:

We're so happy everything turned out so beautifully! Shelly and the crew at Altared are dedicated to making sure your wedding is wonderful, and it shows! Congratulations!
    Jackie Married on 02/04/2021

Lighting for Wedding

Altared Wedding Productions did such a great job with lighting for our wedding. We hung string lights outside for dinner, and it set the perfect mood as the sun was going down. They were very easy to work with and we definitely recommend them going forward.

Altared Weddings & Events's reply:

Altared is best known for setting "perfect moods"!! Thanks for the compliment. Being easy to work also comes easy, thanks for noticing! :)
    Congratulations!!
  • Kaley
    Kaley P. Married on 01/16/2021

Perfect GOBO!

We used Altared for our GOBO (dancefloor monogram) and it was absolutely perfect! Highly recommend!

Altared Weddings & Events's reply:

The GOBO is a great way to really customize your reception, your image shining on the dancefloor looked AMAZING! Thanks for letting us be there!
    Darrian D. Married on 11/20/2020

Gorgeous Lighting

I had my wedding on November 20, 2020 in the late afternoon and I can’t thank them enough. With the time change, the lighting outside wasn’t on our side. I chose the beautiful light wall for my backdrop during my ceremony and we were all so in love with it, pictures don’t do it enough justice. Choose Altared for your lighting, you can’t go wrong!
  • Jordan
    Jordan L. Married on 11/13/2020

Beautiful chandeliers!

Great experience with Altared! We used 4 chandeliers from them and they were gorg!
  • Alison
    Alison F. Married on 11/07/2020

The best service and flawless execution

I could not be happier with Altared Weddings. Shelly and Scott Cole are super responsive and helped me put together beautiful lighting for our wedding. DJ David was also fantastic - executed the ceremony music we provided beautifully and selected great choices for the dinner and dancing afterward. Everyone had a great time!

Altared Weddings & Events's reply:

Thanks for sharing & CONGRATS to you! We do our best to bring your vision to life. And DJ David.... he's mega-awesome! Cheers to your great night!
  • Betsy
    Betsy W. Married on 09/18/2020

String Lights

I hired Altared Events for a small job, to string lights at a small outdoor wedding on the upper lawn at Mercury Hall. The technician did a perfect job. Before hanging them, he laid out the strings on the grass until they were just the way I wanted them. He hung them from tree to tree instead of the poles, per my request. He also helped us move a heavy speaker just because he was a very nice, kind, friendly person (Galen?). I did not realize I needed to be there to oversee the job, but Shelly coordinated with me that morning and the technician arrived early so that we were able to meet. I certainly recommend being there to give input and get things just as you like them. We also needed a particular size of table and Altared Events was able to provide it. Shelly was wonderful to work with, very responsive and patient during challenging times. I would definitely use Altared Events again in the future.

Altared Weddings & Events's reply:

Thanks Betsy, we are truly honored to be invited to be a part of this GREAT day (no matter how small!). The glory of working with Altared is flexibility & hospitality, sounds like you got both! Yaay! Congrats to your family and treasure the memories made. :)
  • Brittany
    Brittany W. Married on 09/13/2020

Great package for price and helpful

Great package for price and helpful

Altared Weddings & Events's reply:

Thanks Brittany! We really want your wedding to be awesome and we'll do everything we can to make it wonderful!!
  • Fernando
    Fernando R. Married on 05/30/2020

Stress free and dependable!

We had a string duet for the ceremony and Ricardo as our DJ. Both were perfect! Ricardo kept the dance floor going all night! They make it really easy and stress free. Stop looking, these guys rock!

Altared Weddings & Events's reply:

Yaaaay!! Congrats and we're sooo happy you had a wonderful experience with Altared's musicians & DJ Ricardo. He really DOES ROCK!
  • Markus
    Markus Married on 02/15/2020

DJ Mikka saved our wedding!

Altared weddings, and especially their DJ Mikka were a lifesaver for us. Initially we hired a DJ who nearly ruined our wedding (Made From Skratch; Andrew Trevino). After he stole our money, we felt despondent and panicked. Luckily, my wife's parents jumped in and helped us in securing Altared weddings to jump in. DJ Mikka from our first conversation to our walk-off firework send off was in my mind, the finest and nicest dude and best DJ I've ever had the pleasure to know. He was so easy to work with. Absurdly flexible regarding last minute requests. He made it so easy, sending our playlist, or 'journey' as he called it and editing it w/ the exact songs we wanted. He also threw in a few amazing songs as well. He did not stress at all w/ any changes, and instead brought an energy of pure joy and familiarity. I really can't rave enough about Mikka. The music sounded great, and he was a fantastic MC. The lights were flawless. He kept everyone dancing. You can't ask for more. Don't be like us and waste time hiring an unreliable and unprofessional DJ , instead book Altared DJs ASAP, and ask for Mikka;)

Altared Weddings & Events's reply:

Yessssss! DJ Mikka is an amazing DJ and all around GREAT GUY. He is everything you described and obviously LOVES to play at weddings. Thanks for the kind words and we're so glad Altared could Save The Day! CONGRATS to you!!
    Kyle B. Married on 12/10/2019

Great Vendor Experience- Highly Recommend

Had a fantastic experience with the team at Altered. They were able to acommodate us a day earlier than expected and set up our entire stage and lighting system for the wedding. First class experience throughout. Highly Recommend

Altared Weddings & Events's reply:

Yaaay! We are so honored to have played a part in your big day! It's our job to make sure your wedding day is wonderful, so we will try to accommodate schedules, move lights, adjust times, whatever we can do to help. Congratulations!!
  • Hayley
    Hayley A. Married on 11/23/2019

Miscellaneous services to transform our venue into something MAGICAL

Shelly and Altared were incredible!! We originally sought them out for a DJ service and ended up hiring them to hang lights, hang chandelier greenery, and drape the entire entrance of our venue! They did it all the day before to transform our venue - making it magical. Shelly is super responsive, we even met before the wedding at the venue to make sure everything was perfect. Would highly HIGHLY recommend.
  • Linda
    Linda V. Married on 11/15/2019

Professionalism at its best!

I received a recommendation and was informed I would not be disappointed. I received so many compliments!! Altered events made my day even more special and the process so easy!

Altared Weddings & Events's reply:

CONGRATS and thank you for inviting Altared to be a part of your GREAT day! We love hearing these compliments! :)
    Anais V. Married on 09/20/2019

Beautiful Lighting

I hired Altared for my wedding at The Allan House in downtown Austin. Since it is an outdoor venue, I wanted bistro lights and chandeliers. They made it happen!

Last minute, I had to implement my rain plan and we had to use a tent, which included lighting and chandeliers. They were very accommodating and worked well with my tent vendor (Marquee). They were still able to set everything up. It was so perfect. The chandeliers and bistro light made the venue look beyond beautiful.

For my cake table, I ordered two wine barrels and the top. Again, so beautiful! Best part is that the price was affordable.

Altared Weddings & Events's reply:

You are right... everything looked so beautiful! Thank you for inviting us to be a part of this great day! Altared's design team is very flexible and accommodating... rain plans are okay! We try to make your day very affordable, I'm glad it worked out!
    Debbie A. Married on 07/05/2019

Ricardo rocked our wedding!

Ricardo was professional, kind and kept everyone engaged at our reception. Several guests commented that it was the best wedding party they had ever attended. I agree!

Altared Weddings & Events's reply:

Ricardo is amazing! So glad your guests enjoyed the party, it's our job to create AWE in your event and sounds like he did! Thank you!!
    Shelley L. Married on 05/18/2019

Mother of the bride

Amazing lighting set up for our wedding! Made the dance floor magical!
  • Michelle
    Michelle Married on 12/29/2018

DJ Jeremy!!

DJ Jeremy was the best choice for our wedding. He was personal, professional, and always kept the dance floor packed. You could tell right away that he was family oriented and always had mine and the brides best interest in mind when people requested songs.
    Riz Married on 08/11/2018
    Great to work with! Professional and very responsive.

Altared Weddings & Events's reply:

Thank You so much Riz! We are so glad you enjoyed working with us. We sure enjoyed working with you as well. We love to accommodate our clients and do whatever possible to make the event exactly what they want it to be!
    Abbie Married on 05/26/2018
    As a wedding and event planner, you always want to refer your clients and work with vendors that are reliable and great at what they do. That is Altered Weddings and events. I love working with Dillon to get all the event's details down and he has been super accommodating and friendly. They are 100% the go-to people. Definitely worth it!

Altared Weddings & Events's reply:

Thank You so much Abbie. It was a pleasure working with you as well and we would highly recommend you as well. We find wedding days to be one of the single most important days of our lives, so we take this into consideration every day when working to plan someone’s Big Day. We want it to be just as perfect as they do, and we try our best to make it happen!