Altar Bridal Reviews

Altar Bridal 5
  • Caitlin

Caitlin · Getting married on 10/26/2019

Wonderful experience shopping.

They were so incredibly kind my whole shopping experience. I ended up ordering a dress that they did not even have in stock (I had tried it previously). I wanted to use them because of the great experience I had and they offered a lower price than the other shop. They were very attentive and I received my dress quickly.

Sent on 05/16/2019
    Altar Bridal 6
    Altar Bridal 7
    Altar Bridal 8
  • Brooke

Brooke · Married on 06/01/2019

Such a blessing

These girls are amazing! So accommodating and sweet. I love the intimate boutique feel, the dress selection is amazing and they definitely had some dresses I hadn’t seen anywhere else. Over all amazing experience. I recommend Altar to all my friends!❤️

Sent on 01/18/2019
  • Cheryl

Cheryl · Married on 05/03/2019

Outstanding Service

Sara at Altar bridal was awesome! Excellent customer service and she even packed up my dress and shipped it for my destination wedding!

Sent on 05/08/2019

Bailey · Married on 06/02/2018

I couldn’t be happier with my experience with Altar Bridal. This was the third (and final) bridal salon I went to, and I truly felt the consultant listened to what I wanted. I didn’t have a large budget but she never made me feel like my options were limited. In the end, the consultant understood what I was loving and not, and convinced me to try on a two-piece (which I couldn’t believe). Turns out, she was 100% correct and it was everything I wanted. They made the process as stress-free as possible and didn’t push me at all to make a decision. After saying yes to the dress, Altar was great at being professional and communicating with me on all the next steps. Sara even transported my dress from the tailor for alterations and held on to the dress for me until the literal day before my wedding.

Sent on 08/16/2018
    Altar Bridal 9
    Altar Bridal 10

Altar Bridal's reply:

Bailey! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this kind review. We truly loved getting to help you; you looked beautiful! Thanks so much for letting us see pictures. Best wishes to you and your husband!

Emily · Married on 08/12/2017

My experience at Altar Bridal was amazing! It was the first place I tried on dresses and Sara was great at pulling a variety of dresses, respecting my budget, and helping me in and out of the gowns. In fact, the dress I purchased was the first one I tried on! Sara said, "I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but it will look amazing on you." And she was right! I fell in love! She was great throughout the entire process - picking out the dress, trying it on when it arrived, setting me up with an alteration shop, and helping get it cleaned and preserved all while being honest about prices and being flexible when scheduling appointments. I loved working with Altar Bridal!

Sent on 09/02/2017

Justine · Married on 08/05/2017

I searched for what felt like forever to find my wedding gown! I finally ended up at Altar Bridal and Sara helped me put together my perfect dress using the top from one and the bottom from another! I had tried to do this at another bridal salon and they said the designer wouldn't do it! That told me that Sara has a good relationship with the designers, which is awesome! My dress turned out perfect for my August 2017 wedding. I couldn't be happier!

Sent on 09/22/2017

Altar Bridal's reply:

Congratulations Justine! Thank you for your kind words about our store. We were so happy to help you find the perfect dress! We can't wait to see pictures of how amazing you looked! Cheers!

Stephanie · Married on 06/24/2017

Purchased a gorgeous Rue de Seine gown. Also purchased shoes. The exquisite and unique options make Altar bridal one of a kind in my opinion. My dress was absolutely perfect!!

Sent on 07/03/2017

Ashley · Married on 05/13/2017

I found my headpiece and earrings here for my bridal gown and I LOVE them! I think they were a little expensive... but it was hard to choose because everything there was so beautiful!

Sent on 02/14/2017

Megan · Married on 01/28/2017

Working with Altar Bridal was a highlight of my entire planning process. I met Dede and Sara through the 5K Wedding Run, and from that experience I knew they were amazing to work with, professional, enthusiastic, detailed, creative and incredibly supportive. After seeing the gowns at the post-race bridal expo fashion show, I knew that this is where I wanted to find my dream dress- and I did! Sara made our shopping experience so personal and fun. She is the best person you could have helping you with this big decision! My mom and MOH also loved having her there. After I found my dress, Sara even stayed past closing to give us a chance to celebrate. Dede and Sara are exceptionally organized and had great communication throughout our engagement process, so we never had to worry about a thing. The alterations contact they referred us to did a fantastic job. I got my veil and jewelry through Altar Bridal as well, which was so perfect with the dress, thanks to Sara’s help (I had no idea where to even start). When my mom and I went to pick up everything a few days before the wedding, it was really fun getting to share our excitement (and many emotions) with Sara. Everything about our experience with Altar was above and beyond and personalized. I wondered if I would feel like a “bride” on my wedding day, and because of how much I loved my dress, veil and jewelry from Altar, I truly did!

Sent on 04/03/2017

Jeri · Married on 11/05/2016

From the moment I went in Altar to meet with Meredith and the Altar team, I felt so comfortable and knew they would find the perfect dress. They were wonderful to work with and listened to my vision of how I wanted to look on my wedding day instead of some other places where they tried to push me into a dress they thought was best. Not only did they help me find my dream dress, but they were wonderful consulting though my alterations and getting everything taken care to ensure it was perfect. Thank you Altar Bridal, especially Meredith and Sara you were amazing to work with!

Sent on 12/14/2016
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 10/08/2016

I could not have asked for a better experience finding my wedding gown! Altar Bridal has a gorgeous selection of gowns and their staff are knowledgeable and friendly. The highlight of my experience with Altar was their owner, Dede. She made me feel like the most beautiful bride-to-be she'd ever seen when I had visit to her store. I had certain details I was looking for - lace, keyhole back, not strapless. Dede didn't even miss a beat - she said, 'I have the perfect dress for you, but let's try on a few others first, just to be sure.' I tried on a few, that were beautiful but just not 'the one', before finally trying on the Augusta Jones that she had in mind. It was everything I was looking for and more! She knew my vision down to the smallest details. When I went in the week of my wedding to pick up my gown, the excitement she showed me was like that I'd expect from an old friend! She is a beautiful person inside and out. Altar was easy to work with every step of the way, helping me make some custom alterations to the gown and then referring me to a top notch tailor for my final fittings. In the end, my gown was absolutely perfect. Thank you Dede, and all your wonderful gals at Altar, for making my experience even better than I could have hoped for, and for making me feel like a showstopper on my wedding day!

Sent on 10/10/2016

Altar Bridal's reply:

Sarah! You are so sweet and have me all tearing up! I can only imagine how gorgeous you looked on your wedding day and we are so excited to see pictures! Thank YOU for being so awesome to work with. Sweet brides like you are why we love what we do. Best wishes to you!

Katharine · Married on 09/17/2016

Altar bridal had the perfect dress for me. I received so many emphatic compliments on the dress throughout the day and night of my wedding. Beyond the beautiful Augusta Jones gown and Sara Gabriel accessory I found at Altar, the Altar staff has been so helpful throughout the entire wedding planning process. I first went to Altar Bridal because they were having a sample sale. I had a vague idea of what I wanted; I had a better idea of what I didn't want. My mindset walking into the sample sale was just to get a feel for what was out there. Even though the store was filled with people, I still received quality, one-on-one attention. I walked out that day having said, "Yes," to the dress! In the window was a beautiful Sara Gabriel Tulle skirt, which was the perfect accessory to layer on top of my dress, particularly since I didn't want a veil. Purchasing the gown was simple and they did all the work coordinating the tailoring with Fine Stitch tailoring (which is also awesome). I just had to show up to the appointments. After my final tailoring appointment, my gown was sent back to Altar for final pressing. All I had to do was pick it up the day before all the wedding festivities began. Then, after getting married, I received a congratulations email and a hand-written postcard in the mail. They also followed up with me about a company they use for gown cleaning and preservation. Again, they will take care of all of that for me as well. I just can't thank Altar enough for all of their help taking items off of my checklist and providing me with such a breathtaking look for my wedding.

Sent on 10/01/2016

Nicole · Married on 06/12/2016

I love Altar Bridal! After a long day of trying on dress after dress, I went back to Altar and they just felt like they were really wanting to help me find my dress, not just make a sale. I felt really taken care of and my dress is PERFECT! Meredith, one of their employees, was very helpful, kind and made my whole experience. Highly highly recommend!

Sent on 08/16/2016

Altar Bridal's reply:

Thank you so much for your sweet review. Our #1 goal is to provide an amazing experience for brides and their guests while working to help a bride find her perfect gown. We know we don't have everyone's gown, but sure glad we had the perfect one for you! So happy to have you as one of our sweet brides!

Ashley · Married on 05/21/2016

Altar Bridal provided some of the best customer service I have ever experienced. They made finding a dress fun and less stressful. The selection is amazing, too. Veils, dresses, belts, and jewelry. I found so many unique beautiful pieces it was hard to make up my mind. The sales associates aren't pushy and don't try to rush you into making a dress choice. They were so lovely to work with.

Sent on 07/26/2016

Bailey · Married on 04/23/2016

Sara Hooser was extremely helpful, polite, attentive, and professional in my dress search! Altar was the first place I searched for my dress after I got engaged and after trying on a few options, I knew I found my dress! My mom was going to pay for my dress and I was concerned it would be too much so Sara kept this in mind and a couple weeks later I got a call that they had a one day only sale so I called in the order and got my dream dress! She also kept me updated with accessories that originally liked AND she even followed up with me after my wedding congratulating me. Wonderful customer service experience :)

Sent on 05/03/2016

They have a great variety. They value their brides and meet every expectation.

Sent on 04/30/2014

Altar Bridal is the ONLY place I would buy a wedding dress. Their customer service is impeccable, and they are so friendly and patient with brides, and their entourages. I went back into the store three times to try on the same dress before saying yes. Every time they greeted me with a smiling face. I've been in with some friends since then, and they still recognize me, ask how everything is going, and overall treat you like a friend.

This is the best bridal shop in the KC area.

Sent on 10/27/2014

Beautiful selection, excellent service!

Sent on 09/12/2015

Altar Bridal's reply:

Thank you for your kind words!

Altar Bridal was amazing to work with! This was the first dress shop I went to and found my dress in a matter of minutes. Dede and her staff were a great help and very outgoing and willing to assist. The ladies at Altar Bridal were very flexible with my schedule and made sure that I was able to pick up my dress when I would be in town, as I was planning a wedding in Lincoln, NE from Phoenix, AZ and had to pick up my dress in KC. Everyone was very understanding and took time to check up on me and make sure that I had found a local place for alterations. They were also able to provide me with local alterations in my area. I would recommend Altar Bridal to anyone looking for a bridal gown.

Sent on 08/17/2015

Laura · Married on 07/25/2015

I can't say enough great things about Altar Bridal; I don't even know where to start! My consultant was Sara Hooser and she was brilliant! She listened to exactly what I was looking for and I bought the second dress I tried on! I also bought my veil and sash from Altar Bridal. The staff was so wonderful, helpful and nice. The store is very welcoming and they truly care about their customers. Highly recommended!!!!

Sent on 10/16/2015

Wonderful group of ladies that so effortlessly helped me select the perfect wedding dress. Such a wonderful experience!

Sent on 01/28/2016

Lauren · Married on 04/18/2015

Altar Bridal was SO amazing to work with! Originally, I didn't make an appointment with them since I hadn't heard of them, but I read in a local KC magazine that they were voted the in the top 3 Bridal Boutiques in the city. So I went ahead and gave them a call! I heard they were having a sample sale the week before my appointment but my sister wouldn't be in town yet so I didn't want to go with out her! I had visited several other bridal stores on the Saturday before and didn't have a great experience, I was worn out and couldn't find anything that felt like "me". When I arrived at my appointment at Altar on Sunday, they were still offering the sale prices even though their sale had technically ended. Their service was amazing and they really tailored my visit to fit me and my personality. I ended up falling in love with a Monique Lhuillier gown which was marked down almost 50%. I also purchased my beautiful gold belt on that day as well! We celebrated with a Champagne toast and cried happy tears! It was seriously the best day and I would recommend Altar to anyone and everyone looking for a dress!

I recently went back for a trunk show and ended up buying a Veil at 20% off! They let me come in after hours to accommodate my busy schedule and allowed me to try on my dress with my shoes, belt and new veil! Once again, their service, positive attitudes and flexibility blew me away!

Sent on 02/06/2015

I went shopping at Altar shortly after getting engaged and had planned on just getting some ideas. I made the appointment online and had it confirmed almost immediately - it was super easy. After briefly describing what I was thinking to the friendly and welcoming store manager (her name is Sara and she's AMAZING), she brought out the perfect Monique Lhuillier gown. I knew instantly it was the one. I tried on about 10 more dresses (since I felt like I couldn't possibly have found my dream gown on the first shot), but I ended up buying that first one that day. I was so impressed that Sara had gotten such a good read on my style and personality after only talking to me for 5 or 10 minutes before bringing out some samples. I ended up going back to Altar for a veil and a rehearsal dinner dress, too, and I got both at incredible discounts because the gals at the store called or emailed ahead to let me know that they were having trunk sales for the stuff they knew I was still in the market for. My experience was the perfect amount of personalized service without feeling pressured or overwhelmed. I came away feeling like I could call them for any of my friends in the future and they would drop everything to help however they could. They even contacted me after my wedding to say thank you and to wish me well. I could not have been happier with how it all went. I should mention that I NEVER write reviews for anything - that's how much this meant to me. Every girl's experience with their wedding dress should be as perfect as mine was. Thank you, Altar!

Sent on 10/20/2014

Brianna · Married on 08/16/2014

My experience at Altar Bridal was exceptional!

Dede, Sara and the rest of the ladies at Altar are so kind and helpful.

After explaining to Sara what I was looking for, I felt like she really understood what I had in mind because the dresses she pulled were exactly what I had envisioned. Once I decided on "the one" they brought out champagne and we took pictures. A nice touch to make the experience feel very special.

I can't tell you how many compliments I received on my dress! It really made me feel like a bride, and I absolutely love it.

I also found my shoes (Hey Lady - so comfortable and stylish) and gorgeous earrings (Untamed Petals) there after looking at several other places.

Altar Bridal is so easy to work with - once my dress came in, they transferred it to the tailor (who is also wonderful) and then back to the store to steam and pick up.

Every time I popped in the store, I felt like I was visiting friends. They make all of their brides feel like a priority and their customer service is excellent.

I would highly recommend all future brides to check out Altar Bridal for a special wedding dress shopping experience!

Sent on 10/12/2014

Melanie · Married on 08/02/2014

These are the best ladies in the business. I'm an out of town bride with a less than a year to plan. Dede made me feel so comfortable from the get go and was so responsive. I know there wouldn't have been another vendor that would email back and forth the way they did as I was debating veils and sashes after I purchased my dress. She respected my budget and helped me execute my vision. My dress was perfect. I couldn't imagine my day without Altar involved!

Sent on 08/15/2014

Altar Bridal's reply:

Thank you so much for the amazing review Melanie. It was beyond a pleasure working with you and helping to make that vision of yours a reality. We are thrilled for you and wish you the very best as you begin a new life with your husband! Hugs!!