Aloha Films Reviews

Aloha Films 2
Aloha Films 3

Hyacinth · Married on 06/01/2019

A w e s o m e!

What can I say... Charles is the seriously the BEST!!! I would give him 10 out of 5 stars if I can! Me and my fiance' live in California and we visited Hawaii recently. We had the pleasure of working with Charles for our save the date video! I will tell you that he is very talented and creative!!! He definitely has the talent to tell a beautiful story by capturing intricate details of people and events. He is very passionate of what he do, and it definitely reflects on the quality of his videos! He is also fun to work with at the same time very professional, and puts his clients first. I am a very detail-oriented person and Charles exceeded all of my expectations!!! He worked with us through every step of the way! We are so lucky to have found him for our video! You definitely need to book Charles for any of your videography needs!!! He is the best videographer we ever worked with! Thank you again Charles!!! You're AWESOME!

Sent on 12/27/2018

Marina Hruba · Married on 03/16/2019

Aloha Films created an absolutely stunning wedding video for us and we are extremely happy we chose to work with them.

Charles is just absolutely brilliant! Right from the beginning we knew Charles was our guy. We looked into many different videographers but Charles went above and beyond to get us the perfect wedding video and experience we could have asked for. He answered all of our questions with details that made us feel confident in him and reassured us we were in good hands. He communicated very well and got back to us all the time with answers to our questions and he did a phenomenal job on our wedding video. All of our family members and friends absolutely love the video and he did an amazing job capturing all the perfect moments from our wedding. The day of the wedding went smoothly and effortlessly. Charles worked very professionally and at the same time made it fun. Charles is a stand out guy, great character and I would highly recommend him to anyone. It can be daunting with so many options out there, but Charles is top class in his field. Well done and thank you so much for capturing our special day!

Sent on 06/27/2019

Aloha Films's reply:

Thank you so much, Marina!! You and Carter were such a joy to get to know. A huge aloha to you both.

Preston · Married on 12/22/2018

Aloha Films is awesome! Charles met me in a bathroom on the opposite side of Oahu to wire me for sound for my surprise proposal. He was very professional, kind, and friendly. The video he made was AWESOME! My fiancé has watched it 1000 times already, and it's a HUGE hit with her friends and family. You're crazy if you don't book with him! You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 11/07/2017

Allie · Married on 11/11/2018

Our photographer was doing our engagement photo shoot and had brought Charles along to do a (surprise!) short video. We only knew that we were going to read letters we had written to each other, but we didn't know what else to expect. Charles was very friendly and professional. He also made us feel comfortable during the filming. Had we not already booked our videographer (due to my early wedding planning), we would definitely have asked him to do our wedding videography. The end product blew us AND our families away!

Sent on 10/30/2017

Aloha Films's reply:

Allie! Thank you so much for your kind words! It was an absolute pleasure and honor filming you and Carson. I'm so happy for you guys! Congrats again on your engagement! Aloha :)

Kekoa · Married on 10/20/2018

A Kaaiakamanu Wedding

Charles of Aloha Films created such a great memory for us and all our loved ones to see. Charles and his teams professionalism and personality set the mood for a fun and engaging shoot with us and our guest. Aloha Films worked so well with both our photographers and was sure to cue us and our guest when he needed space or our attention for the perfect shot. We have and will, keep recommending them to friends and loved ones.

Sent on 12/29/2018
    Aloha Films 4

Jonathan Wong · Married on 10/06/2018

Awesomeness

Charles and his team were beyond awesome! He asked all the right questions for us, even though we were several time zones away. He constantly communicated with us to make sure everything was good to go; definitely recommend Charles and Aloha Films!

Sent on 02/03/2019
  • Jenny

Jenny Wittman · Married on 08/21/2018

The perfect day thanks to Charles!

From the day we first contacted him to the day of the ceremony we were extremely impressed by Charles on his creativity, fun loving spirit and almost instant communication. We eloped in Oahu from Chicago and had to move up the planned day by two days due to the incoming hurricane Lane. Charles was accommodating and so thoughtful. I called him to say we were going to be 15 min late and he said something along the lines of “it’s ok and I really want you to breathe and take a moment to know this is your moment that you’ll always remember and take your time. This is your day.” He gave us a sense of calm when we needed it most and at the ceremony made us laugh and at ease under time constraints to get the perfect sunset ceremony we’ve always wanted. We can’t recommend Charles enough! Two weeks after returning home we received the highlight video that was simply stunning. We played it at our family reception and everyone was in tears. A truely awesome memory we will always have thanks to Charles and his talents! Mahalo again Charles! We will be back to reconnect in the future 🌴☀️🍾💕

Aloha Films 5
    Aloha Films 6
  • F

Francesca · Married on 07/04/2018

Aloha Films

How can we sum up the outstanding service and true partnership we felt in working with Charles? From meeting at a wedding expo at Blaisdell Arena (Honolulu, HI) to conversations, both in-person and by phone, Charles always made us feel and know that he was “all-in.” From hustling around Kualoa Ranch during our “Adventure” filming through rain to get the right shot, angle or vantage point, to sweating it out in the heat of Lahaina (Olowalu) on our wedding day- nothing slowed him down. Most importantly, on that special day when some things seemed chaotic, he made my wife comfortable and at ease. He put his heart into his work and everything he did for us. If you need and desire the highest quality of work with a matching level of all-out effort to capture your most precious event, contact Aloha Films and Charles Roach. Mahalo Nui Charles and Aloha Films for ALL you have done and are still doing. This won’t be our last time together, hopefully we will work on other things in the near future.

Julie · Married on 06/24/2018

Sent on 08/15/2018

Julienne Lieb · Married on 06/24/2018

Breathtaking wedding videos

Aloha Films was the best choice I made for our wedding! I first contacted Charles online & when I met him at the expo with his cheerfulness & optimism, I knew I had to go with Aloha Films. Charles was flexible with our budget & we got a great deal for the right price. He was fast at communicating with us & our wedding planner as we approached our wedding day so everything went smoothly. We had so much fun with our first look shots it made me so much less nervous for the ceremony, with Charles' positivity & happiness! We just got our highlight video & it made me cry. He did such an amazing job transitioning everything together, from the ariel view of the garden, to our first look, to our vows. It was way more than I expected & now I am recommending him to everyone I know having a wedding.

Kathie Era · Married on 05/19/2018

Fantastic to work with!

If you are thinking of having a videographer at your wedding, look no further! Charles Roach at Aloha Films is the best! When my daughter and her future husband met Charles at a Bridal Fair, she was “swept off of her feet” for the second time. So, when I went to Hawaii to help with wedding arrangements I met with Charles. I must admit I was “swept off of my feet” as well. We talked for over 2 hours about his work and I watched his samples with amazement. I asked him what would happen if it rained. Charles showed me how he actually slowed down the rain and made it an important part of the film. Between the time that we met and the day of the wedding if I had a question Charles texted me back immediately. On the day of the wedding, Charles was at the hotel and ready to roll. His comments and attention to detail were fantastic. From the beading on my daughter’s dress to the flowers for the attendants, he captured it all. And, we hadn’t even left the hotel room! The day was beautiful and Charles took some amazing shots of the wedding party at several parts of the Hilton Hawaiian Village where we were staying. There was no pressure to stage a shot but he emphasized being natural. Upon arrival at the church, Charles was there ready and waiting. He and his assistant had 3 cameras set up and after the ceremony used an aerial drone to capture what we could not see at eye level. During the reception, Charles never stopped moving; Video from all angles, and of everyone in attendance. The best part was that Charles was the “invisible man.” Even though we knew he was there, he was behind the scenes. It was like a free flowing movie production. The results are absolutely awesome. Having taken video of special occasions in my children’s lives, I always thought I was doing a good job. Charles proved me wrong. He is courteous, professional and open to suggestions. On the other side of the world, a royal wedding was taking place. However, we had the BEST videographer! I would strongly recommend Charles Roach of Aloha Films for any occasion so that you can relive the memories of one of the most important days of your life!

Sent on 12/31/2018

Layla · Married on 04/07/2018

My husband and I met Charles of Aloha Films Videography through our wedding photographer Jeanne Viggiano. Although our meeting was via face time, we had an instant connection with Charles. He was understanding, patient and personable and his can-do attitude meshed very well with ours. We felt confident that he would take great care of us. Our instincts proved right, we couldn’t have asked for anyone better than Charles!

Like many couples, we had a limited budget, but we were pleasently surprised at how flexible Charles was and he customized his service and provided us several options to fit our budget.

Charles was fabulous at capturing amazingly breathtaking moments that we will always cherish and treasure. And he did all this while totally blending in and not detracting from our event. Needless to say, Charles not only uses some of the best video and audio gear in the industry, but also has a keen key on what's important and knows how to capture it perfectly!

On the day of our event, Charles and his assistant arrived early to our hotel to video both of us getting ready and still managed to get to our venue ahead of our guest to shoot drone footage of the event.  He didn't leave the venue until the end even though we were overtime.

It's worth mentioning that it drizzled throughout our event and rained heavily at times, not unsual for Hawaii. Nonetheless, Charles and his assistant performed flawlessly without a single complaint or hicckup.  In fact, he  was instrumental in keeping us cheerful and positive throughout our event even while he and his assistant were totally soaked.

Simply put, he was fantastic. He was attentive, thoroughly professional and incredible competent.

We wholehearted endorse and recommend Charles at Aloha Films. He won't disappoint.

Layla & Bejan
    Married April 7, 2018.                    Oahu, HI

Sent on 07/29/2018
  • Jennifer

Jennifer F Mazur · Getting married on 12/04/2019

Great quality, great value, captures perfect moments.

Charles is an awesome videographer, and he takes great shots, and made us feel comfortable. He really captured the most important and key moments. Great quality and value for the price.

Sent on 06/04/2019
  • Joanna

Joanna Brathwaite · Married on 05/14/2019

Charles is THE best!

I was a destination bride and searched the internet for a videographer. This was one of the most important elements of our wedding and I was so excited to come across Charles' website. His wedding videos were amazing and he was very responsive which made us feel comfortable hiring him. He even came to our walk through the day before the wedding and stayed extra long afterward to finish our wedding interviews and make sure we had the best lighting, sound, etc. He's reasonably priced and is willing to talk the time to personalize your experience with him. We really appreciated everything he did! Hire him, you won't be disappointed.

Sent on 05/30/2019

Aloha Films's reply:

Thanks so much for the recommendation, Joanna! You and Josh are AWESOME!!! Can't wait to send those interviews, etc your way - we're editing as we speak!!