Allison Barbera Beauty Reviews

Allison Barbera Beauty 3
Allison Barbera Beauty 4
Allison Barbera Beauty 5

Melanie Francis · Married on 12/06/2019

Allison is so organized and helpful!

I'm so glad I booked my wedding day hair services with Allison! She is wonderful to work with--responsive, extremely organized, and on top of everything--she is exactly the type of person you want to work with for this important piece of the wedding day! Kerri and Emily did our hair and they were so sweet and fun to have around while we were getting ready. Everyone was done ahead of schedule which made our day flow perfectly. My bridesmaids and flower girls looked amazing and I was so happy with my hair too! Thank you, Allison, Emily, and Kerri!!

Sent on 01/09/2020

Allison Barbera Beauty's reply:

Thank you, Melanie! We're so happy to hear all of that. You were wonderful to work with, and we appreciate you taking the time to review us. Thanks for choosing us to be a part of your wedding day :)
  • Catey

Catey · Married on 10/19/2019

The most beautiful I have ever felt

Allison was one of the first vendors I booked for my wedding and I cannot sing her praises high enough. She was one of the most responsive, timely and organized vendors I worked with. She made everything seamless running up to the wedding and on the wedding day. My bridesmaids, my Mom, my Grandmother and I have never looked more beautiful. Her team was awesome, accommodating, listened so well and executed everyone’s looks flawlessly, even my 88 year old Grandmother who is one touch customer! If you have not booked beauty for your wedding day, run don’t walk and book Allison, she and her team are amazing and it will be one of the best decisions you make for your wedding.

Sent on 10/24/2019

Allison Barbera Beauty's reply:

Congratulations, Catey! And thank you for your kind words. Emily, Kerri, Denissa and I loved working with you and your group. We are so glad you all were happy with your hair and makeup. Thanks for being so wonderful to work with :)
  • Olivia

Olivia · Married on 10/05/2019

One of my favorite vendors

Allison and her team at Allison Barbera Beauty were incredible to work with! I could not recommend their services more. Allison was always prompt to reply and extremely organized. I had a preliminary day of hair and makeup schedule a year before my wedding! This made planning with other vendors simpler and more efficient. We were a group of 12 getting ready on my wedding day and Allison brought 2 other makeup artists and 3 hair stylists; all of whom were fantastic! My bridesmaids, mother, and mother of the groom looked beautiful and were on ahead of schedule. Thank you Allison and Emily for everything!

Allison Barbera Beauty 6
    Allison Barbera Beauty 7
    Allison Barbera Beauty 8
    Sent on 12/02/2019

Allison Barbera Beauty's reply:

Thanks so much, Olivia! We had a blast hanging out with you and your group. You were truly a pleasure to work with from start to finish. We couldn't have asked for a better bride :)

Thanks again! We really appreciate your review.

Krissy · Married on 10/04/2019

Loved this team!

I absolutely loved having Allison and Emily with us on wedding day. They were not only lovely to work with and such a calming energy, the hair and makeup were beautiful! I am so happy that we chose to work with them, and would highly recommend to other RI brides.

Sent on 11/18/2019

Allison Barbera Beauty's reply:

Thanks so much, Krissy! We had a blast working with you, your mother and your sisters in that perfect hotel room you had. We are so glad you were happy with the hair and makeup we did,

We really appreciate your review. Thanks for choosing us to be a part of your day, and thanks for being so awesome!

Jaimie · Married on 09/21/2019

Beautiful work and extremely organized

I loved working with ABBeauty for my wedding! Everyone was extremely organized and timely - especially since I had 10 bridesmaids that needed hair and make up. ABBeauty worked with me to have a solid game plan so I was able to relax the morning of our wedding! They did an incredible job and I’m still in awe of how wonderful everyone looked.

Allison Barbera Beauty's reply:

Thanks so much, Jaimie! Jen, Kerri, Katie, Candie, Paige and Liza could not say enough good things about working with you and your group. We really lucked out with you choosing us to be part of your day.

Thanks again! We really appreciate your review.

Alexis · Married on 09/20/2019

One of the BEST Vendors!

Allison and her team were absolutely amazing. I cannot say enough good things about them. Allison was by far one of the most organized vendors I worked with and extremely responsive (even when she was on vacation)! She made everything run smoothly prior to the wedding and on the wedding day. I had my trial with Allison and Emily, both who did an amazing job. I ended up changing both my hair and makeup day of and they were both so flexible and didn’t push back at all. I loved how everything came out for both myself, my bridesmaids, mom and mother in-law. I was worried prior to the trial and wedding because I don’t usually wear much makeup and still wanted to look like myself. Allison did not disappoint. My makeup stayed on all night and my hair stayed in and both looked amazing in pictures. I cannot thank Allison and her team enough, I would give more than 5 stars if I could!

Allison Barbera Beauty's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Alexis! You were an absolute pleasure to work with and we are thrilled that you were so happy with all of the hair and makeup services. Your whole group was so nice and fun. I had a great time talking to everyone in the trolley during your touchups :)

Thanks again for taking the time to review us!
  • Sally

Sally Chamberland · Married on 09/20/2019

AMAZING! Highly Recommend!

Allison Barbera Beauty was absolutely a joy to work with! Allison was easy to contact and super responsive! She was very organized and made sure that I made an appointment for my trial at the right time and suggested the best way to set up my bridal party getting make up the day of. Candie did my trial and makeup the day of! She did an AMAZING job! She even saved the day when my hair piece fell out after my hair dresser had left! She was very accommodating and did my makeup, my mothers make up, and my junior bridesmaids makeup! She nailed makeup at every age! I cant say enough about her work! She was also super relaxed and fun to work with the day of! I highly recommend Allison Barbera Beauty and highly recommend Candie!

Sent on 01/04/2020

Allison Barbera Beauty's reply:

Thanks so much for your review, Sally! You were an absolute pleasure to work with, and Candie had a great time with you and your group the day of. She was happy to help with your hair piece and is so glad you were happy with all of the makeup services.

Elana Kessler · Married on 09/07/2019

Beautiful hair & makeup, super organized and flexible

I used Allison's team for hair and makeup for my wedding in September and could not have been happier with how my bridesmaids and I looked on the big day! I ended up doing two hair trials because I wasn't super clear on what I wanted the first time, and Allison and my hair stylist, Emily, were both very flexible in accommodating me and making sure I was completely happy with my hair. Allison was incredibly responsive throughout the planning process (probably the fastest response vendor I worked with!) and extremely organized - she made numerous changes to our schedule along the way as times and other details were tweaked. The schedule was also built to allow for plenty of time getting ready (we had 2 hair stylists and 2 makeup artists for 9 people, including myself) and we finished well ahead of schedule, which was nice to start off the day that way and gave us some extra time for getting ready photos. Most importantly, my bridesmaids all said their hair and makeup was the best they've ever had for a wedding, and I couldn't agree more!

Sent on 12/22/2019

Allison Barbera Beauty's reply:

Thanks so much for your review, Elana! You were an absolute pleasure to work with. Katie, Emily, Liz and Liza were happy they got to work with such a great group on one of the most popular wedding dates of 2019.

We're all so glad you were happy with the hair and makeup services. Thank you for choosing us to be a part of your wedding day!

Erin Traeger · Married on 09/06/2019

Better than I could have imagined

I highly recommend AB Beauty! From my very first interaction with Allison over email, I knew she was the person to work with because she responded within MINUTES.

She was incredibly warm, welcoming, and so professional throughout the entire process. Allison thoughtfully answered all of my questions during my trial and was very straightforward and honest (which I appreciated because in the wedding industry there are too many people who tell you what they think you want to hear).

In addition to her speedy correspondence, Allison knows what she’s doing people. She also knows how to assemble a team of talented professionals who are equally skilled. I put my trust in Allison and her team and they EXCEEDED my expectations.

Sent on 11/17/2019

Allison Barbera Beauty's reply:

Thank you, Erin! You and your entire group were a pleasure to work with (and we all love having a dog in the room to hang out with us). Emily, Kerri, Denissa, Jen and I had so much fun doing everyone's hair and makeup, talking with you and all and watching wedding-themed movies.

Thanks for your review! We appreciate it.

brianna · Married on 09/01/2019

Professional and fun to be around!!

I got married Labor Day weekend and was planning my wedding from Chicago. After really stressing about hair and make up i was very lost about how to choose! After reading sooooo many amazing reveries about Allison barbera I had to reach out l! Allison responded immediately and just from our conversation she eased my stress and made me feel comfortable about booking a trial. We planned for one a few months after connecting and once I met her and Liza in person there was no doubt! They both went above and beyond for my trial really listening to me and doing my hair and make up until I was 100% on the style I wanted. They were also so fun to be with! Felt like i was hanging with my friends. I couldn’t wait for my wedding day to reunite again and we had a blast. Liza
    Did my hair and she’s a sweetheart and super talented and Allison did my makeup
    And it was so flawless and natural and person. Allison’s entire team the day of the wedding made everybody truly look incredible like Grecian goddesses
    And we could all not have been any happier!! Thank you Allison and Liza and team ABBeauty!

Allison Barbera Beauty 9
    Allison Barbera Beauty 10
    Allison Barbera Beauty 11
    Sent on 10/10/2019

Allison Barbera Beauty's reply:

Hi Brie! Thanks so much for your wonderful review. You and your group were so much fun to be around. Thanks for making sure we had a good setup and for being so awesome and fun. You were truly a pleasure to be around, and Liza and I still talk about how much we loved working with you (and how stunning you looked in your dress). Hopefully our paths will cross again!

Megan · Married on 09/01/2019

Amazing experience!

I hired Allison Barber Beauty for the hair and makeup for my wedding 3 years after my older sister had used them for hers. We had such an amazing experience with them at her wedding that it was a no-brainer to hire them again. Allison was very responsive to emails, very detail-oriented and stayed on top of the day-of schedule for hair and makeup. She was flexible with changes to my hair & makeup line up, and all of the artists who came the day of to do our hair and makeup were punctual, professional, kind and did an amazing job! We all looked so beautiful in the wedding photos and the hair and makeup really stayed all night. I would recommend them to anyone, we had a phenomenal experience!

Sent on 11/19/2019

Allison Barbera Beauty's reply:

Thanks for your review, Megan! We love being the family makeup artist :) Katie, Kerri, Jen and Emily had a lot of fun with you and your group and they are so glad you were happy with all of the hair and makeup.

Hopefully we get to work with you again in the future! Thanks again for taking the time to review us.
  • Bocachica

Kate · Married on 08/31/2019

Can you ladies get me ready every day?

Allison is a true and talented professional. She is thorough, clear, and the best communicator. She provided updates to the day-of schedules she drafted so quickly - even for the ten times I asked for a change. She is extremely talented and very good at understanding what I and my bridal party did and didn't want with their hair and makeup. Trials with Allison and Emily were SO fun (I talked about them for the next month as if we'd been BFFs for years), and the wedding day was even better! Allison, Emily, Katie, and Kerri were beyond wonderful to work with - even when the plugs went out for the blowdryer for a hot few minutes! I wouldn't change a thing about my wedding hair or makeup and can't thank Allison and her crew enough for making me feel so beautiful on my wedding day. I would recommend her to all of my best friends. Thank you!!

Allison Barbera Beauty 12
    Allison Barbera Beauty 13
    Sent on 10/02/2019

Allison Barbera Beauty's reply:

We would love to be BFFs with you AND do your hair and makeup every day! You and your whole group were so much fun to work with. It's clients like you all who make our jobs so awesome, so thank you.

Your kind words are appreciated, and we hope to be able to work with you again some day. Thanks a ton for your review :)

Michaela Olson · Married on 08/24/2019

Loved working with Allison's team!

Allison's team was amazing the day of my wedding! They were professional, on time, and did a great job on everyone's hair and makeup. We all looked great!! I would highly recommend.

Allison Barbera Beauty's reply:

Thanks so much for your review, Michaela! Katie, Liza and Kerri had a lot of fun with you and your group. It's clients like you who make us love our jobs, so thank you for choosing us to be a part of your wedding day :)

Caroline · Married on 08/17/2019

Allison and her staff were so amazing to work with on my wedding day! She made me feel beautiful and they do such an amazing job!

Amazing! Can’t recommend this group enough!

Sent on 11/17/2019

Allison Barbera Beauty's reply:

Thanks for your review, Caroline! You and your group were awesome to work with (please tell your mom and sister Emily and I said hi!), and we are so happy you chose us to be a part of your day.

Andrea Lawrence · Married on 06/29/2019

Allison and her team are amazing! Highly recommend!

Allison and her team were incredible throughout the entire planning process and especially on our wedding day. Allison was extremely professional and responsive, helping me prep for my big day, providing recommendations, and scheduling her team. Jen who actually did my make up, listened to exactly what I wanted, made suggestions, and helped me achieve the perfect natural, polished look I wanted for my wedding day. Highly recommend!

Sent on 01/15/2020

Allison Barbera Beauty's reply:

Thanks so much, Andrea! Jen, Katie and Kristin really enjoyed working with you and your group. Jen is thrilled that you were happy with your look.

Thanks again for your review, and for choosing us to be a part of your wedding day :)
  • Meghan

Meghan · Married on 06/28/2019

Amazing, Highly Recommended!

ABB was one of the best wedding decisions I made - flexible, professional but most of all, responsive (lightening speed! ) and patient, we loved working with the ABB team. Candie and Kristin did an amazing job on the day, I felt like a princess and so did my bridal party! Both women were working in warm temperatures without proper AC due to a hotel room snafu and went above and beyond to ensure we all felt our best (and no one felt oily despite the high temperatures that day, a testament to their preparedness!). I loved working with them and will be sure to keep them in mind for future events!!! Highly, HIGHLY recommended!

Allison Barbera Beauty 14
    Allison Barbera Beauty 15
    Allison Barbera Beauty 16
    Sent on 07/07/2019

Allison Barbera Beauty's reply:

Congratulations, Meghan! I'm so glad you were happy with the makeup services, as well with the communication leading up to your wedding day. Candie and Kristin truly enjoyed working with you all.

• Lindsay

Lindsay Cohen Keaney · Married on 06/28/2019

Best decision was booking with ABB

Booking with Allison Barbera Beauty was one of the best decisions I made for my wedding. Allison is truly not only an amazing makeup artist but an unbelievable person. From our very first contact via email, I immediately saw her passion behind what she does and recognized how organized and professional she was. Long before my wedding day she had a timeline for hair and makeup and was always in communication with me about everything and was always SO QUICK to respond to any of my questions. When there was changes to the timeline she seamlessly made the changes with no issues and would immediately send back revised timelines.

Allison and her team were so prompt on the day of and made the day so much fun. No one felt rushed on the day of and everything went completely perfect to the timeline. Emily Buffi did my hair and Allison did my makeup. I loved my hair and my makeup SO much and wish I had them with my everyday to be my glam squad...my girls loved all their hair and makeup as well.

My mom and I went for a trial a few months before the wedding day and really got to know Allison and Emily. My mom ended up completely switching her hair from what she did in the trial and Emily effortlessly gave her exactly what she wanted and my mom loved it and looked gorgeous. Everyones makeup up was so natural and stunning. Allison is truly an artist and knows so much about makeup and what looks best( just read her blog and you will see.)

After our first look on the day of the wedding Allison and Emily came to our venue for hair and makeup touchups- I was so happy we had this option since it was very windy at our first look. ABB goes above and beyond for you on your day and makes everyone feel and look so beautiful. Allison and her team at ABB are so easy to work with and I only hope I get to work with them again some day!

Sent on 07/17/2019

Allison Barbera Beauty's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words, Lindsay! It was truly a pleasure working with you. Emily and I feel very lucky that you chose us to create your bridal hair and makeup looks. We would work with you and your mother any day, and hopefully that opportunity comes up!

Emily, Denissa, Liza and I had a blast with your bridal party as well. It's no surprise that you have such great friends, as awesome as you are.

Thanks for being so wonderful! And thanks for taking the time to write such a glowing review.

Greta · Married on 06/23/2019

Perfection

Working with Allison for my wedding look was a dream. "Me, but better," was all the guidance she needed to give me a makeup look that far exceeded my greatest expectations. A truly wonderful experience.

Sent on 06/29/2019

Allison Barbera Beauty's reply:

Thank you, Greta! I was honored to do your makeup and am so glad you were happy with it. You had the bridal glow before I even started ;)

Thanks for choosing me to be a part of your wedding day! I hope you've started a bridal trend with those red shoes.
  • Brooke

Brooke Elise · Married on 05/25/2019

Gorgeous Job!!! Photos are AMAZING!

Without a doubt the best makeup and hair stylists in the area!!! Book them you will not regret it! I booked them for myself, my mother and 11 bridesmaids. They did an amazing job with making everyone look very glamorous, and spent their time on each person. Nobody was in a rush (and even if they were you couldn't tell). The girls were very professional and nice and the hair/makeup lasted all night! We are beyond happy with our choice!!!

Sent on 08/29/2019

Allison Barbera Beauty's reply:

Thanks so much, Brooke! Candie, Ann, Jen, Emily, Kristin and Liza all really enjoyed working with you and your bridal party. We are so happy that you loved all of the hair and makeup. Candie still talks about how gorgeous you looked in your dress :)

Victoria · Married on 05/05/2019

Beautiful Artistry

Alison Barbara Beauty is the best in the business, hands down. Even before meeting, Alison and her team were responsive, helpful and sweet. They answered all of my questions, provided me with excellent service and the final makeup and hair experience was more than I could've asked for. The team at ABB is extremely talented, kind, and funny. I highly recommend to anyone looking for hair and makeup services for any event!

Sent on 08/05/2019

Allison Barbera Beauty's reply:

Thanks so much, Victoria! We had a blast working with you all. I'm so glad Gianna referred you. You were my first bride of 2019 and you kicked off a great season for me :)

Thanks for letting us be a part of your day!
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 05/04/2019

Incredible

Allison and her team were amazing!

Sent on 08/12/2019

Allison Barbera Beauty's reply:

Thank you, Sarah! Kristin and Jen loved working with you and your bridal party and are so happy that you were happy.

Shauna · Married on 04/13/2019

I had the absolute best experience working with Allison and her team!!!

Hiring Allison Barbera and her team was by far the best decision that I ever made! Allison is a phenomenal makeup artist and is so professional and friendly. They really go above and beyond to make sure everything is perfect!

I couldn’t believe how organized and prompt they were the day of my wedding. I was so relaxed and had so much fun getting ready.

Emily Buffi also did an incredible job styling my hair. Both my hair and makeup came out absolutely perfect! Everyone was raving about what a great job they did and how beautiful everyone looked! And they are very reasonably priced.

I would highly recommend Allison and her team of girls at ABB. I truly had the most amazing, stress free experience. It was a pleasure working with them :)

Sent on 08/07/2019

Allison Barbera Beauty's reply:

Thanks so much for your review, Shauna! Emily, Kristin, Kaydee and I had so much fun with you and your group. You were an absolute pleasure to work with and we all feel lucky that you chose us to be a part of your day.

Ashley · Married on 10/27/2018

Best team ever

Oh where do I even begin with my love affair for Allison Barbera and her amazing stylists!?! From the moment I sent my first email it was incredible! Always prompt same day response! From the moment I did my hair trial I knew as I walked out that I would be booking with them! Leading up to the wedding I had a 1000 questions that seemed to pop up daily. Allison always made time for me and was always so kind. Day of the wedding all the stylists were prompt and on way ahead of time. And they cranked out all 10 girls in no time. Also all 10 girls were BEYOND thrilled at their hair and makeup! ESP my niece who was my jr bridesmaid. She showed Emily a more intricate hairstyle. Emily didn’t even flinch and made her dream come true. She couldn’t stop showing everyone her hairstyle all night at the wedding. Everyone’s hair and makeup stayed perfect through the monsoon that happened last Saturday in Newport! And through dancing all night! I will recommend you guys to anyone and everyone I know! And as soon as I get pictures I promise to share them! But thank you for making me feel SO beautiful on my wedding day!

Sent on 10/30/2018

Allison Barbera Beauty's reply:

Congratulations, Ashley! Thank you for leaving such a wonderful review, and so soon after your wedding. Emily, Jen S., Kerri and Alexis loved working with you all and are so happy that everyone was happy. Thank you so much for choosing AB Beauty to be a part of your day!

Ashley · Married on 10/06/2018

If I could give more than 5 stars I would!

Allison Barbera Beauty is a very professional, organized and amazing hair and make-up team, whom I hired for our wedding on October 6, 2018 in Newport, RI. Allison was quick to respond to my inquiry of availability and pricing. Not only was she quick to reply, she was extremely organized with her color coded day of wedding schedule which made the day of the wedding run very smoothly. On the day of the wedding, Jen S., Ana, Ainslie, and Jen G. all showed up ahead of schedule which was fantastic! They were able to do hair and make-up for my six bridesmaids, mothers of the bride and groom, grandmother of the groom and myself all within a timely manner. Everyone looked fantastic and loved their hairstyles and make-up! Jen S. did my airbrush make-up and Ana did my hair, both of which came out phenomenal and just what I had pictured for my wedding day. I’m extremely happy that I hired Allison Barbera Beauty and I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 02/18/2019

Allison Barbera Beauty's reply:

Thanks for your review, Ashley! Jen S., Ana, Ainslie and Jen G. loved working with you on one of the most popular wedding dates in 2018. They had a lot of fun with your group and they are all so happy you all loved your hair and makeup.

I'm glad to hear everything was easy and clear on the pricing and availability end too. That is our goal with those aspects.

Kayla · Married on 09/22/2018

Extremely happy with this vendor choice.

Allison was probably the best vendor I worked with throughout all my wedding planning. She was extremely responsive, accommodating, organized, and most importantly I was very happy with her and her teams work. I absolutely loved my hair and make up on my wedding day as well as all of my bridesmaids. I have zero complaints about the entire process from when I first inquired to my wedding day. I was nervous having a hair and make up service through a company I was not familiar with as I wasn't from the area I got married in, but it couldn't have worked out better :)

Sent on 10/23/2018

Allison Barbera Beauty's reply:

Congratulations, Kayla! And thank you so much for your kind words. We had a blast working with you and your bridal party the day of and Emily, Kerri, Ainslie, Katie, Ana and I are all so happy that you all loved your hair and makeup services.

Thanks for your review, and for being so awesome to work with :)