Allison Barbera Beauty Reviews

Allison Barbera Beauty 6
Allison Barbera Beauty 7

Ashley · Married on 10/27/2018

Best team ever

Oh where do I even begin with my love affair for Allison Barbera and her amazing stylists!?! From the moment I sent my first email it was incredible! Always prompt same day response! From the moment I did my hair trial I knew as I walked out that I would be booking with them! Leading up to the wedding I had a 1000 questions that seemed to pop up daily. Allison always made time for me and was always so kind. Day of the wedding all the stylists were prompt and on way ahead of time. And they cranked out all 10 girls in no time. Also all 10 girls were BEYOND thrilled at their hair and makeup! ESP my niece who was my jr bridesmaid. She showed Emily a more intricate hairstyle. Emily didn’t even flinch and made her dream come true. She couldn’t stop showing everyone her hairstyle all night at the wedding. Everyone’s hair and makeup stayed perfect through the monsoon that happened last Saturday in Newport! And through dancing all night! I will recommend you guys to anyone and everyone I know! And as soon as I get pictures I promise to share them! But thank you for making me feel SO beautiful on my wedding day!

Sent on 10/31/2018

Allison Barbera Beauty's reply:

Congratulations, Ashley! Thank you for leaving such a wonderful review, and so soon after your wedding. Emily, Jen S., Kerri and Alexis loved working with you all and are so happy that everyone was happy. Thank you so much for choosing AB Beauty to be a part of your day!

Kayla · Married on 09/22/2018

Extremely happy with this vendor choice.

Allison was probably the best vendor I worked with throughout all my wedding planning. She was extremely responsive, accommodating, organized, and most importantly I was very happy with her and her teams work. I absolutely loved my hair and make up on my wedding day as well as all of my bridesmaids. I have zero complaints about the entire process from when I first inquired to my wedding day. I was nervous having a hair and make up service through a company I was not familiar with as I wasn't from the area I got married in, but it couldn't have worked out better :)

Sent on 10/23/2018

Allison Barbera Beauty's reply:

Congratulations, Kayla! And thank you so much for your kind words. We had a blast working with you and your bridal party the day of and Emily, Kerri, Ainslie, Katie, Ana and I are all so happy that you all loved your hair and makeup services. Thanks for your review, and for being so awesome to work with :)

Jill · Married on 09/02/2018

I hired Allison based solely on reviews for makeup services for my wedding. Allison was extremely response to any and all questions and I felt comfortable enough that I didn't even schedule a makeup trial. Pricing and invoicing was super easy and clear. Katie did our makeup and I couldn't be happier. She was prompt, professional and extremely personable. We instantly felt comfortable. She was thoughtful and very skilled. She was able to handle three different age ranges from 69 to 19 with no problem. The experience we had was worth every penny and really made my big day extra special.

Sent on 09/19/2018

Allison Barbera Beauty's reply:

Thanks for your review, Jill! We are so happy that YOU were happy with the whole process. Katie absolutely loved working with you and your group. We really appreciate your business and Katie hopes be able to do your makeup again some day :)

Jordan · Married on 08/11/2018

Allison and her team were great to work with. She was super responsive to my suggestions and constantly asked for feedback while doing my makeup until it was exactly what I wanted. My bridesmaids and I had perfect hair and makeup for the big day!

Sent on 09/02/2018
    Allison Barbera Beauty 10

Allison Barbera Beauty's reply:

Congratulations, Jordan! I am so glad to hear that you were happy with the hair and makeup services. We loved working with you and your group. We had a lot of fun and laughs with you all. Can we do it again next August? :)

Kaitlyn · Married on 08/04/2018

Allison’s team was amazing. Everyone’s hair and makeup was amazing and they were so organized the entire getting ready process was fun and stress free! I had done a hair and makeup before so knew exactly what to expect. Ann and Katie were great!

Allison Barbera Beauty's reply:

Thank you, Kaitlyn! Ann, Katie, Emma and Jen G. really enjoyed working with you and your group. Our goal is to make your experience a fun, stress-free process with great hair and makeup services, so glad to hear we made that happen for you :)
  • Suzanne

Suzanne Spignesi · Married on 08/04/2018

Hiring Allison Barbera Beauty is money WELL SPENT!

My experience with Allison and her team for our wedding on August 4, 2018 could not have been better! From the first contact all the way through the end of our "getting ready" hours, Allison was amazing to work with. She and her team are professional, knowledgeable, responsive, understanding, fun to be around...the list goes on. She and her team are excellent at understanding what you are describing, and making your vision a reality. They are also super receptive to feedback and are happy to make adjustments on hair and makeup, and don't make you feel uncomfortable about asking to change something. I ended up having two hair trials, but by the end of the second one my hair was EXACTLY what I wanted it to be, and Alex was able to recreate it perfectly on the wedding day. Allison's prices are competitive, and in my opinion you get excellent value for the money. Allison also creates a schedule for your wedding day, ensuring that each bridesmaid/MOB/MOG etc has a specific slot for hair and for makeup so that you run on schedule. This is a huge bonus and keeps the getting ready phase of the day fun and stress-free. All my bridesmaids loved their hair and makeup, as did my mom and mother in law. I was SO happy with how I looked - I have since gotten my wedding photos back and I am still drooling over how good my hair came out! Here's an extra bonus, and honestly why working with Allison was life-changing: for the last 15 or so years of my life, I have had these tiny, under the skin bumps on my forehead (and of course I was super self-conscious about it). I had been to several dermatologists, tried different routines and medications, etc., but nothing helped. Then I went to my makeup trial with Allison...I asked her advice for how I should care for my skin pre-wedding, and if she thought anything could be done for the bumps. She did a little research, and then a few days later she sent me some articles on what she thought it could be - and she also recommended products and a routine that I should follow. After a few months - and in time for the wedding - the bumps were GONE! I have been following the routine ever since and they have not come back. So, not only did I have an excellent experience for the wedding itself - Allison's amazing skills and knowledge helped me overcome a persistent skin issue, which has made me so much more confident in how I look. I am so happy to have worked with Allison and her team - I cannot recommend them highly enough. She is worth every cent!!

Sent on 11/19/2018

Allison Barbera Beauty's reply:

Thank you so much for this awesome review, Suzanne! You were an absolute pleasure to work with during the trial, on your wedding day and throughout the entire process. We had a blast working with everyone the day of--such a fun group! And I am SO GLAD to hear that I helped with your skin issues. Reading that made me well up with business-owner tears. Thanks for choosing us to be a part of your day! We hope to work with you again in the future.

Jennifer · Married on 07/07/2018

Allison Barbera Beauty was a fabulous choice to do my hair and make up in addition to our moms, grandma and bridal party! Allison (the owner) is so good at what she does. I traveled up to Newport the summer before my wedding to have my hair and make up trial. Prior to my visit we had lots of email correspondence about all of the details. I sent her pictures of what I was interested in for my hair and make up and she had me fill out some forms about my skin and hair to help make the trail a success. We were concerned about my timing getting to the train to head back to NY so Allison took us early and tried to get her wonderful hair stylist to the office earlier as well. Allison did my make up and understood my wants and needs right away. She literally did the make up perfectly on the first try. I didn't want airbrushed foundation and I wanted a very light natural look. I also was very excited to try the false eyelashes and LOVED them. Emily, the hair stylist was also super talented! Again, I showed her a couple pictures and she understood what I was looking for right away. I was concerned that using a lot of product would change the color of my hair but she had the products that wouldn't allow that to happen. Leading up to the wedding I emailed Allison and Emily regarding hair accessories and the veil. They got back to me and answered my questions right away. Allison reached out to me with some helpful pre- wedding beauty tips a couple months before the wedding. Even the day before the wedding I reached out about a skin care question and she responded. On the wedding day Allison, Emily and two other wonderful artists took care of me, my 6 bridesmaids, my mom, mother in law and grandma at the Newport Marriott. They were prompt, fun, relaxed and so skilled! One of my bridesmaids who has been in MANY weddings said this team is the most talented bunch that has ever gotten her ready for a wedding. WE ALL LOOKED GREAT! Make sure you choose Allison Barbera Beauty!

Sent on 07/23/2018

Allison Barbera Beauty's reply:

Congratulations, Jenn! And thank you so much for the taking the time to review us so soon after your wedding. We absolutely loved working with you and are so happy that YOU were happy! You were a pleasure to work with, and we hope there is a way we can work with you again some day :)

Taylor · Married on 06/30/2018

Allison Barbara beauty really made my whole wedding experience so much better! Not only did both me & my bridesmaids look ABSOLUTELY beautiful, but the girls were so fun to have with us getting ready. It really felt like we all connected with them so well. Highly recommend - you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 09/18/2018

Allison Barbera Beauty's reply:

Thank you, Taylor! Jen S., Emily, Katie and Liza loved working with you and your bridal party. They secretly wanted to go to your wedding so they could keep hanging out with you all :) We really appreciate the review. Thank you for choosing to work with us on your wedding day!

Celia & Chris · Married on 06/29/2018

The girls were great, on time, understanding, and made us all look like rockstars!

Allison Barbera Beauty's reply:

Thank you, Celia! Jen S. and Kerri had a great time with you and your bridal party. Thanks so much for choosing AB Beauty and for taking the time to review us.

Margaret m · Married on 06/23/2018

Allison and her team are amazing! I felt so beautiful on my wedding day because my hair and makeup was perfect and exactly what I wanted! Allison is organized and easy to work with. She has a lot of helpful information and advice for brides. Any time I had a question, it was answered thoroughly and promptly. Hiring Allison Barbera Beauty was one of the best decisions I made for my wedding day!

Sent on 07/16/2018

Allison Barbera Beauty's reply:

Thanks so much for your review! We loved working with you and your super fun group in that gorgeous house that my team and I all want to live in.... Thank you for choosing us and letting us be a part of your day :)

Jessica · Married on 06/09/2018

I had an amazing experience with AB Beauty! Allison was very easy to work with. She responded promptly to my emails and was extremely organized. Alex and Emily did our hair and I can't say enough good things about these ladies! They showed up on time, stuck to the schedule and were even done early. Alex did my hair and it came out exactly how I envisioned my hair on my wedding day! All of the bridesmaids and the mothers loved their hair too. Everyone felt beautiful! I highly recommend AB Beauty for hair services!

Sent on 08/18/2018

Allison Barbera Beauty's reply:

Thanks for your review, Jessica! Alex and Emily had a great time working with you and your group, and we all are so happy you chose AB Beauty. Want to do it again next June? ;)

Nicky · Married on 06/09/2018

I went through 2 other hair and makeup trials before I found Allison Barbera. I was certainly panicking before my trial with her team that I wouldn’t find someone. I prefer a natural look and her makeup artist, Jen, was able to use non airbrushed makeup for a gorgeous look. It was the only artist I’d found who was able to work incredibly well with my fair skin and not apply layers of airbrushing. I was incredibly happy with the final look on my wedding day. Though I was much more particular with makeup, Kerri, her hair artist, created a look that received so so many compliments...my friends refer to it as a Bohemian woodland fairy :) with long loose curls and a soft braid. Given how well the trial went, I was relaxed on wedding day and Jen and Keri were fun, timely, and left us with little touch up kits. Finally, I am overly organized, and Allison was the most prompt of all my wedding vendors in her replies and communications. I would highly recommend this amazing team to any future brides!

Sent on 10/08/2018

Allison Barbera Beauty's reply:

"Bohemian Woodland Fairy"--love it! Jen and Kerri absolutely loved working with you and are so happy that you loved your looks. You were a pleasure to work with and we are so glad that you were pleased with your hair, makeup and the entire process. We appreciate your review, and thank you from all of us for choosing us to be a part of your day :)

Abby · Married on 06/02/2018

Thank you, Allison Barbera Beauty! Allison and her team did an outstanding job on everyones makeup for my wedding! I was very happy with how it came out. On top of that, the team's professionalism, suggestions, as well as responsiveness to emails and phone calls was very much appreciated!

I highly recommend Allison Barbera Beauty to every bride!

Sent on 09/18/2018

Allison Barbera Beauty's reply:

Thank you, Abby! Emma and I had a great time working with you and your group. You were a pleasure to work with, and I'm so glad you choose us for your wedding makeup services. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review!

gabriella · Married on 05/26/2018

The girls did an amazing job with my hair and makeup, as well as my entire wedding party. My sister, mother, mother in law and sister in law all absolutely loved how they looked after they were done!! Thank you!

Sent on 09/30/2018
    Allison Barbera Beauty 11
    Allison Barbera Beauty 12
    Allison Barbera Beauty 13
    Allison Barbera Beauty 14
    Allison Barbera Beauty 15
    Allison Barbera Beauty 16

Allison Barbera Beauty's reply:

Thank you, Gabby! Jen S., Kerri, Candie and Jen G. had a great time with you and your group. We are so happy that YOU were happy with your hair and makeup services! Thank you for sharing the beautiful pictures and thank you for choosing AB Beauty.

Meg · Married on 05/19/2018

All around amazing experience - especially for someone who doesn’t wear a lot of makeup!

Allison Barbera Beauty's reply:

Thank you, Meg! We appreciate your business and your review.

Laura · Married on 05/04/2018

I am fortunate to have come across Allison Barbera Beauty as I was planning my destination wedding in Newport. From the moment I connected with Allison Barbera, I was immediately put at ease. After I placed my request and provided some basic wedding details, Allison responded back to me promptly and I was able to secure my wedding date and trial with two amazing stylists, Emily and Jen. Both girls were so much fun to work with and are very talented with hair and makeup applications. Emily created beautiful hairstyles for all of my bridesmaids and my mother. The styles ranged from simple blowouts to elaborate up-dos (including extensions) all of which were gorgeous! Jen was equally as talented with her makeup applications. She was patient and listened to each person's requests and enhanced everyone's natural beauty. I can't thank Emily and Jen enough for creating beautiful looks and making us all feel so good about ourselves! This team made every step of the way smooth through excellent planning, preparation, and scheduling. It was a perfect morning of getting ready for the big day!

Sent on 06/20/2018

Allison Barbera Beauty's reply:

Thank you, Laura! We were so happy to be a part of your day. Emily and Jen really enjoyed working with you and your group and couldn't say enough about how lovely everyone was. Thank you so much for hiring us and for taking the time to review us.

Mia · Married on 12/30/2017

Where do I even begin! First of all, Allison's responsiveness to all of my emails is unmatched! I was an out-of-state bride from TN, and she was very accommodating with my ever-changing schedule. She is quick, helpful, pleasant and kind. We had Jen, Kerri, Emily and Alexis for hair and make-up on our wedding day, and everyone looked like they just walked off a movie set. I'm an extremely picky person (and bride) and the job Emily and Alexis did was above and beyond ANY expectation! Thank you for making me feel confident and beautiful in my own skin on my special day!

Sent on 01/04/2018

Allison Barbera Beauty's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to review us, Mia! Emily, Alexis, Jen and Kerri loved working with you and your group. And your wedding day hair style is one of Emily's all time favorites that she got to do. It was a pleasure working with you, and we all thank you for your business.

Ellen · Married on 11/11/2017

Loved Allison and Kerri! Exactly what I envisioned for my hair and makeup.

Sent on 11/13/2017
    Allison Barbera Beauty 21
    Allison Barbera Beauty 22
    Allison Barbera Beauty 23

Allison Barbera Beauty's reply:

Congratulations, Ellen & Bryan! I hope your wedding was wonderful. Thank you for the review and for sharing the beautiful photos. Kerri and I are so pleased that you were happy with the hair and makeup services for you, your lovely daughters and your adorable Flower Girl. Thank you for your business :)

Ariel · Married on 11/11/2017

Wonderful experience! Jen was our makeup artist--not only was she great to have around, but her skill and artistry was outstanding.

Sent on 12/15/2017

Allison Barbera Beauty's reply:

Thanks, Ariel! I'm so glad to hear you were happy with Jen. She really enjoyed working with you and your group. We both appreciate your business and your review. Thanks again :)

Kristen · Married on 09/23/2017

Alex and Melinda did an incredible job on my wedding day. Prompt, friendly, and both extremely talented. I still can't believe Alex got my pin-straight hair to hold a curl. They did updos and down-dos for our mothers, sisters, and my best friend too and everyone looked stunning. The owner, Allison, is so organized and responsive. She even created a helpful day-of schedule. I would choose ABB again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 10/19/2017

Allison Barbera Beauty's reply:

Thank you, Kristen! Alex and Melinda loved working with you and your group and are so glad to hear you were happy with all of the hair services. You were truly a pleasure to work with and we thank you for your business.

Steph · Married on 09/23/2017

Researching hair and makeup was a bit of a challenge, but I knew I struck gold when I booked Allison Barbera Beauty. Allison was so organize which kept this Type A bride stress level down. I recommend setting up a trial and bring some ideas as it helps with your overall look for the BIG DAY. On the day of the wedding, her team travel to the rental house where the bridesmaids and myself were getting ready. They arrived on time and were very professional. My makeup done by Katie was perfect, the natural look I was going for. Ann did my hair which I received so many compliments throughout the day. A big shout out to Ann as she was a saint dealing with my mother-in-law and her high maintenance demeanor. This group is everything I wanted and more. Highly recommended booking them.

Sent on 01/30/2018
    Allison Barbera Beauty 24
    Allison Barbera Beauty 25
    Allison Barbera Beauty 26

Allison Barbera Beauty's reply:

Thanks for taking the time to review us, Steph! I work well with other Type A folks :) My team had a great time working with you all, and Ann is glad that she was able to create a style your mother-in-law was happy with. Thank you for your business!

Ashley · Married on 09/16/2017

I recently got married in September. I truly had no idea who to call for hair and makeup; the idea of it seemed overwhelming starting from scratch. I basically sat at my computer looking at different companies and their reviews. That's when I found Allison Barbera Beauty. Their reviews were amazing, so I decided to contact them to do both my hair and makeup that day. Allison, the owner, was INCREDIBLY prompt and responsive each and every time we communicated. Her professionalism shined through loud and clear in every exchange. Ana was my hair stylist on my wedding day, and Alexis did my makeup. My hair came out absolutely beautiful. I have extremely thick hair, and I opted for a beautiful half up half down look. Ana was so friendly, down to earth, and did an amazing job. I would recommend her to anyone for any style!!! Alexis- oh my goodness. The talent she has! I wear makeup daily and definitely had an idea of how I wanted my makeup to turn out. She blew me away. I wish I could hire her everyday haha.
    These girls were so fun to be with the morning of, they make you feel so calm, and just have a good time getting ready. Thank you Allison, Ana and Alexis. You made me feel beautiful on my wedding day and I can't thank you enough!

Sent on 11/19/2017

Allison Barbera Beauty's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Ashley! You were truly a pleasure to work with during the whole process, and Alexis and Ana loved creating your hair and makeup looks and spending the morning with you. We appreciate you taking the time to review us and thank you for your business :)
  • ElaineVictoria

Elaine · Married on 09/09/2017

Alexa did a great job on my makeup for my recent wedding. She was so relaxed to work with and helped me to chill out that day as well. The makeup lasted all day and night and I loved how it looked. I did the air brush makeup since I had a summer wedding and it held up so well! I loved that I was given some lipstick and blotting pads for makeup touch-ups through the day. Everyone in my wedding who had their makeup done loved it too. Thank you both for being a part of our big day!

Sent on 11/06/2017

Allison Barbera Beauty's reply:

Thank YOU, Elaine! Alexis loved working with you on the busiest day of our 2017 season. We really appreciate your kind words, and we thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

Helen · Married on 09/09/2017

Allison Barbera and her team were extremely responsive to my and my bridal party's needs for my wedding. From my hair trial to the day of, my hair stylist understood my vision and was able to make my hair look gorgeous. I have very fine hair, but they were able to put together an updo that was elegant and timeless. My mother and my bridesmaids also looked flawless. The services were well within my budget and the team was efficient and fun to have around as we got ready for the wedding. I highly recommend Allison Barbera and her team for all wedding beauty services.

Sent on 11/10/2017

Allison Barbera Beauty's reply:

Thank you, Helen! Ann and Rachael enjoyed working with you, your mother and your bridesmaids. We are so glad you were happy with all of the hair services and we appreciate your review.