Allison Barbera Beauty Reviews

225 | Newport, RI

225 Reviews for Allison Barbera Beauty

Lindsey W. · Getting married on 04/02/2021

Flawless results

Allison was extremely professional, friendly and experienced. The whole planning process from start to finish was easy and enjoyable. My makeup was absolutely perfect and flawless. She knew exactly what look I wanted and hit it out of the park. My bridesmaids were also really impressed. We have never felt so beautiful! I would hire her again in a second.

Sent on 09/22/2020

Allison Barbera Beauty's reply:

Thanks, Lindsey! I had a blast working with you and your group, and I'm so glad you were happy with everything.

Thank you for choosing me to be a part of your wedding day!

Lexi · Married on 10/13/2020

It was a wonderful experience

Allison was so professional and responsive to everything I asked of her and her team. There were a lot different factors that occurred between potentially changing our date to then deciding to go through. She was so helpful with all the questions we had and flexibility of all our concerns. Her team the day of were so professional and accommodating especially with all the Covid-19 protocols, between individual packed and labeled brushes to face masks on the entire time. I would highly recommend her and her team for any future brides and weddings big or small!

Sent on 11/09/2020

Allison Barbera Beauty's reply:

Thanks so much, Lexi! Kristin, Ana, Denissa and Leah really enjoyed working with you and your group, and we're so glad you were able to keep your wedding as originally scheduled.

Thanks for being so wonderful to work with, and thank you for choosing us to be a part of your wedding day.

Bridget O. · Married on 09/18/2020

Highly Reccomend

Allison and her team were excellent. Throughout the whole process, Allison was organized and responsive and made the whole experience better.

Sent on 11/02/2020

Allison Barbera Beauty's reply:

Thanks, Bridget! We loved working with you and your group. You all were a lot of fun.

Thanks for choosing us to be a part of your wedding day!
  • Amberly

Amberly H. · Married on 09/12/2020

Couldn’t ask for more!

Allison was by far one of the best vendors to work with. Not only is she and her whole team professional, good at what they do, but she is so incredibly responsive and organized, which made my life so much easier when trying to plan a wedding (and especially a covid wedding). She’s extremely thorough and accommodating. You will not have to worry at all about being behind schedule the day of the wedding or being unprepared! She’s amazing. I would also like to mention that this was the first time in my life that I got my makeup done and didn’t want to rush home and take it off. It was so beautiful, natural (which was what I asked for) and looked like me but enhanced. Couldn’t ask for more!

Sent on 10/15/2020

Allison Barbera Beauty's reply:

Thanks so much for the kind words, Amberly! It was my pleasure working with you, and I'm so glad you were happy with everything. You and your bridal party were so much fun to be around. Kerri, Hayden, Lauren and I couldn't have asked for a better group.

Thanks for choosing us to be a part of your wedding day :)

Lauren L. · Married on 08/08/2020

Awesome experience!

Allison and her team were nothing but the best! I had a last minute wedding date change, still needed to find a hair stylist, and Allison Barbera was so easy and professional to work with! Kerri did and amazing job, I loved my hair and so did my girls. highly recommend!

Sent on 10/01/2020

Allison Barbera Beauty's reply:

Thank you, Lauren! We're so glad it worked out. Kerri had a blast working with you and your group.

Thank you for choosing AB Beauty to be a part of your wedding day!

Amy M. · Married on 07/10/2020

Talented and Professional!

I reached out to Allison about a month before my wedding. My husband and I had cancelled our original big wedding due to COVID but decided last minute that we still wanted to wed this year. Allison was super understanding and helpful during the process. She quickly responded to all my emails and explained everything thoroughly. On my wedding day, Kerri did my hair and Kristin did my makeup. They were both fantastic! They listened to my ideas and executed them beautifully! I highly recommend Kerri, Kristin, and Allison to anyone looking for a professional, talented wedding beauty team!

Sent on 08/09/2020

Allison Barbera Beauty's reply:

Thanks so much, Amy! We're so glad we got the chance to work with you. Kerri and Kristin really enjoyed creating your hair and makeup looks. Thank you for choosing us to be a part of your wedding day!
  • Celine

Celine C. · Married on 01/11/2020

Wonderful to work with!

I booked Katie as my makeup artist and she was absolutely fantastic. My entire bridal party including my flower girls had their makeup done and everyone was so happy with Katie’s work. Working with Allison to book our trial and wedding day couldn’t have been easier and more professional. I 100% recommend working with her and her team!

Sent on 08/10/2020

Allison Barbera Beauty's reply:

Thanks so much, Celine! Katie absolutely loved working with you and your group, and we're so glad you were happy with everything. Thank you for choosing AB Beauty to be a part of your wedding day!

Melanie F. · Married on 12/06/2019

Allison is so organized and helpful!

I'm so glad I booked my wedding day hair services with Allison! She is wonderful to work with--responsive, extremely organized, and on top of everything--she is exactly the type of person you want to work with for this important piece of the wedding day! Kerri and Emily did our hair and they were so sweet and fun to have around while we were getting ready. Everyone was done ahead of schedule which made our day flow perfectly. My bridesmaids and flower girls looked amazing and I was so happy with my hair too! Thank you, Allison, Emily, and Kerri!!

Sent on 01/09/2020

Allison Barbera Beauty's reply:

Thank you, Melanie! We're so happy to hear all of that. You were wonderful to work with, and we appreciate you taking the time to review us. Thanks for choosing us to be a part of your wedding day :)

Aimee L. · Married on 12/06/2019

I felt amazing !

Allison and her team were amazing. So organized and professional and made me feel relaxed about the whole process. From the first moment she listened and really understood what I wanted with makeup and same with my hair stylist. I felt beautiful. Afterwards my cousin booked her for her wedding!

Sent on 03/02/2020

Allison Barbera Beauty's reply:

Thanks so much, Aimee! We really enjoyed working with you and your group. You were a great last wedding of 2019 for Alex, Hayden, Ellie and I.

Looking forward to working with your cousin this year! Thanks again for choosing us to be a part of your day.
  • Michelle

Michelle A. · Married on 11/16/2019

So happy I chose AB Beauty

I was super nervous in researching hair/makeup vendors because I really don't know much about that world and didn't even know how to verbalize what I wanted to look like on my wedding day. I think during my trial I said "a good one? like simpleish but nice" or something equally as incoherent when Jen asked how I wanted my makeup done. But Emily (hair) and Jen (makeup) were AMAZING. All of my bridesmaids LOVED how hair and makeup came out and I have never felt prettier in my life. They are also just chill awesome human beings that enjoyed spending time with. Working with Allison to coordinate everything was easy from beginning to end. She was extremely detail oriented and reliable, I can't think of a single negative thing to say about the experience. I've heard some horror stories from friends about their hair/makeup teams, so I'm SOOO grateful I chose AB Beauty. Would recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 01/25/2020

Allison Barbera Beauty's reply:

Thank you for your review, Michelle! Your answer to Jen's question cracked me up. I'm so glad you were happy with your hair, makeup and the overall process.

You were fantastic to work with, and Jen and Emily said they had a lot of fun with you all the day of. Hopefully we get to work with you again in the future! Thanks for choosing us to be a part of your wedding day.
  • Catey

Catey · Married on 10/19/2019

The most beautiful I have ever felt

Allison was one of the first vendors I booked for my wedding and I cannot sing her praises high enough. She was one of the most responsive, timely and organized vendors I worked with. She made everything seamless running up to the wedding and on the wedding day. My bridesmaids, my Mom, my Grandmother and I have never looked more beautiful. Her team was awesome, accommodating, listened so well and executed everyone’s looks flawlessly, even my 88 year old Grandmother who is one touch customer! If you have not booked beauty for your wedding day, run don’t walk and book Allison, she and her team are amazing and it will be one of the best decisions you make for your wedding.

Sent on 10/24/2019

Allison Barbera Beauty's reply:

Congratulations, Catey! And thank you for your kind words. Emily, Kerri, Denissa and I loved working with you and your group. We are so glad you all were happy with your hair and makeup. Thanks for being so wonderful to work with :)
  • Olivia

Olivia · Married on 10/05/2019

One of my favorite vendors

Allison and her team at Allison Barbera Beauty were incredible to work with! I could not recommend their services more. Allison was always prompt to reply and extremely organized. I had a preliminary day of hair and makeup schedule a year before my wedding! This made planning with other vendors simpler and more efficient. We were a group of 12 getting ready on my wedding day and Allison brought 2 other makeup artists and 3 hair stylists; all of whom were fantastic! My bridesmaids, mother, and mother of the groom looked beautiful and were on ahead of schedule. Thank you Allison and Emily for everything!

Sent on 12/02/2019

Allison Barbera Beauty's reply:

Thanks so much, Olivia! We had a blast hanging out with you and your group. You were truly a pleasure to work with from start to finish. We couldn't have asked for a better bride :)

Thanks again! We really appreciate your review.

Krissy · Married on 10/04/2019

Loved this team!

I absolutely loved having Allison and Emily with us on wedding day. They were not only lovely to work with and such a calming energy, the hair and makeup were beautiful! I am so happy that we chose to work with them, and would highly recommend to other RI brides.

Sent on 11/18/2019

Allison Barbera Beauty's reply:

Thanks so much, Krissy! We had a blast working with you, your mother and your sisters in that perfect hotel room you had. We are so glad you were happy with the hair and makeup we did,

We really appreciate your review. Thanks for choosing us to be a part of your day, and thanks for being so awesome!
  • kristy

Kristy · Married on 10/04/2019

Amazing! Highly Recommend

One of my best friends had used Allison Barbara Beauty for her wedding and it made me want to use her for mine as well. Allison herself wasn't available on my date, but she set me up with Candie who was amazing. I don't usually wear a lot of makeup so I wanted to make sure I went with someone who honored my request in going very light. Everything was really great and the makeup held up very well throughout the day. She books quickly so make sure you secure your date!

Sent on 02/03/2020

Allison Barbera Beauty's reply:

Thanks for your kind words, Kristy! We feel lucky to have worked with you as a bridesmaid and as a bride. Candie is so glad that you were happy with your makeup.

We appreciate you choosing us to be a part of your wedding day and hope we get another chance to work with you in the future :)
  • Beth

Beth S. · Married on 09/28/2019

Amazing to work with!

I absolutely loved my wedding hair and make-up thanks to Allison and her team (special thanks to Allison and Emily for my personal hair and makeup!). I don't wear a lot of make-up usually and Allison made sure that I felt completely like myself but much more glamorous! Emily styled my hair exactly how I imagined. I've never felt more beautiful! Allison is soooo easy to work with, an excellent communicator, and very reasonably priced. Her team showed up on my wedding day and did a fantastic job on everyone (all 12+ people!). Thank you again for everything!!

Sent on 02/28/2020

Allison Barbera Beauty's reply:

Thanks for your review, Beth! You and your group were wonderful to work with, and we are so happy that you all were happy with your hair and makeup. Thanks for being so great to work with. We hope to get a chance to work with you again in the future!

Jaimie · Married on 09/21/2019

Beautiful work and extremely organized

I loved working with ABBeauty for my wedding! Everyone was extremely organized and timely - especially since I had 10 bridesmaids that needed hair and make up. ABBeauty worked with me to have a solid game plan so I was able to relax the morning of our wedding! They did an incredible job and I’m still in awe of how wonderful everyone looked.

Allison Barbera Beauty's reply:

Thanks so much, Jaimie! Jen, Kerri, Katie, Candie, Paige and Liza could not say enough good things about working with you and your group. We really lucked out with you choosing us to be part of your day.

Thanks again! We really appreciate your review.

Alexis · Married on 09/20/2019

One of the BEST Vendors!

Allison and her team were absolutely amazing. I cannot say enough good things about them. Allison was by far one of the most organized vendors I worked with and extremely responsive (even when she was on vacation)! She made everything run smoothly prior to the wedding and on the wedding day. I had my trial with Allison and Emily, both who did an amazing job. I ended up changing both my hair and makeup day of and they were both so flexible and didn’t push back at all. I loved how everything came out for both myself, my bridesmaids, mom and mother in-law. I was worried prior to the trial and wedding because I don’t usually wear much makeup and still wanted to look like myself. Allison did not disappoint. My makeup stayed on all night and my hair stayed in and both looked amazing in pictures. I cannot thank Allison and her team enough, I would give more than 5 stars if I could!

Allison Barbera Beauty's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Alexis! You were an absolute pleasure to work with and we are thrilled that you were so happy with all of the hair and makeup services. Your whole group was so nice and fun. I had a great time talking to everyone in the trolley during your touchups :)

Thanks again for taking the time to review us!
  • Sally

Sally C. · Married on 09/20/2019

AMAZING! Highly Recommend!

Allison Barbera Beauty was absolutely a joy to work with! Allison was easy to contact and super responsive! She was very organized and made sure that I made an appointment for my trial at the right time and suggested the best way to set up my bridal party getting make up the day of. Candie did my trial and makeup the day of! She did an AMAZING job! She even saved the day when my hair piece fell out after my hair dresser had left! She was very accommodating and did my makeup, my mothers make up, and my junior bridesmaids makeup! She nailed makeup at every age! I cant say enough about her work! She was also super relaxed and fun to work with the day of! I highly recommend Allison Barbera Beauty and highly recommend Candie!

Sent on 01/04/2020

Allison Barbera Beauty's reply:

Thanks so much for your review, Sally! You were an absolute pleasure to work with, and Candie had a great time with you and your group the day of. She was happy to help with your hair piece and is so glad you were happy with all of the makeup services.

Thanks for choosing us to be a part of your wedding day!
  • Lindsey

Lindsey L. · Married on 09/08/2019

AB Beauty is simply the best!

Allison and her team are the absolute best!! Allison is very responsive, organized and not to mention, extremely helpful and personable. Often finding hair and make-up vendors can be stressful, but after speaking with Allison and going to my hair/make-up trial, I knew I was in great hands. Jen and Emily did my make-up and hair and they were so fabulous. Kristin, Ana, Emma and Liza were also part of the team and they were amazing. All of my bridesmaids said how much they enjoyed getting ready and talking to their stylist/artist. Most of my bridesmaids showed them a picture of what they wanted and they followed it exactly. I had a total of 19 people getting hair and make-up done and the girls were so efficient. Everyone looked beautiful and was extremely happy with how everything turned out! We cannot thank AB Beauty enough!

Sent on 01/23/2020

Allison Barbera Beauty's reply:

Thanks so much for your kind words, Lindsey! Jen, Emily, Kristin, Emma and Liza had a blast with you and your group. We're all thrilled that you all were happy with everything.

You were wonderful to work with, and we are so grateful that you chose AB Beauty to be a part of your wedding day.

Elana K. · Married on 09/07/2019

Beautiful hair & makeup, super organized and flexible

I used Allison's team for hair and makeup for my wedding in September and could not have been happier with how my bridesmaids and I looked on the big day! I ended up doing two hair trials because I wasn't super clear on what I wanted the first time, and Allison and my hair stylist, Emily, were both very flexible in accommodating me and making sure I was completely happy with my hair. Allison was incredibly responsive throughout the planning process (probably the fastest response vendor I worked with!) and extremely organized - she made numerous changes to our schedule along the way as times and other details were tweaked. The schedule was also built to allow for plenty of time getting ready (we had 2 hair stylists and 2 makeup artists for 9 people, including myself) and we finished well ahead of schedule, which was nice to start off the day that way and gave us some extra time for getting ready photos. Most importantly, my bridesmaids all said their hair and makeup was the best they've ever had for a wedding, and I couldn't agree more!

Sent on 12/22/2019

Allison Barbera Beauty's reply:

Thanks so much for your review, Elana! You were an absolute pleasure to work with. Katie, Emily, Liz and Liza were happy they got to work with such a great group on one of the most popular wedding dates of 2019.

We're all so glad you were happy with the hair and makeup services. Thank you for choosing us to be a part of your wedding day!

Erin T. · Married on 09/06/2019

Better than I could have imagined

I highly recommend AB Beauty! From my very first interaction with Allison over email, I knew she was the person to work with because she responded within MINUTES.

She was incredibly warm, welcoming, and so professional throughout the entire process. Allison thoughtfully answered all of my questions during my trial and was very straightforward and honest (which I appreciated because in the wedding industry there are too many people who tell you what they think you want to hear).

In addition to her speedy correspondence, Allison knows what she’s doing people. She also knows how to assemble a team of talented professionals who are equally skilled. I put my trust in Allison and her team and they EXCEEDED my expectations.

Sent on 11/17/2019

Allison Barbera Beauty's reply:

Thank you, Erin! You and your entire group were a pleasure to work with (and we all love having a dog in the room to hang out with us). Emily, Kerri, Denissa, Jen and I had so much fun doing everyone's hair and makeup, talking with you and all and watching wedding-themed movies.

Thanks for your review! We appreciate it.

Brianna · Married on 09/01/2019

Professional and fun to be around!!

I got married Labor Day weekend and was planning my wedding from Chicago. After really stressing about hair and make up i was very lost about how to choose! After reading sooooo many amazing reveries about Allison barbera I had to reach out l! Allison responded immediately and just from our conversation she eased my stress and made me feel comfortable about booking a trial. We planned for one a few months after connecting and once I met her and Liza in person there was no doubt! They both went above and beyond for my trial really listening to me and doing my hair and make up until I was 100% on the style I wanted. They were also so fun to be with! Felt like i was hanging with my friends. I couldn’t wait for my wedding day to reunite again and we had a blast. Liza
    Did my hair and she’s a sweetheart and super talented and Allison did my makeup
    And it was so flawless and natural and person. Allison’s entire team the day of the wedding made everybody truly look incredible like Grecian goddesses
    And we could all not have been any happier!! Thank you Allison and Liza and team ABBeauty!

Sent on 10/10/2019

Allison Barbera Beauty's reply:

Hi Brie! Thanks so much for your wonderful review. You and your group were so much fun to be around. Thanks for making sure we had a good setup and for being so awesome and fun. You were truly a pleasure to be around, and Liza and I still talk about how much we loved working with you (and how stunning you looked in your dress). Hopefully our paths will cross again!

Megan · Married on 09/01/2019

Amazing experience!

I hired Allison Barber Beauty for the hair and makeup for my wedding 3 years after my older sister had used them for hers. We had such an amazing experience with them at her wedding that it was a no-brainer to hire them again. Allison was very responsive to emails, very detail-oriented and stayed on top of the day-of schedule for hair and makeup. She was flexible with changes to my hair & makeup line up, and all of the artists who came the day of to do our hair and makeup were punctual, professional, kind and did an amazing job! We all looked so beautiful in the wedding photos and the hair and makeup really stayed all night. I would recommend them to anyone, we had a phenomenal experience!

Sent on 11/19/2019

Allison Barbera Beauty's reply:

Thanks for your review, Megan! We love being the family makeup artist :) Katie, Kerri, Jen and Emily had a lot of fun with you and your group and they are so glad you were happy with all of the hair and makeup.

Hopefully we get to work with you again in the future! Thanks again for taking the time to review us.
  • Bocachica

Kate · Married on 08/31/2019

Can you ladies get me ready every day?

Allison is a true and talented professional. She is thorough, clear, and the best communicator. She provided updates to the day-of schedules she drafted so quickly - even for the ten times I asked for a change. She is extremely talented and very good at understanding what I and my bridal party did and didn't want with their hair and makeup. Trials with Allison and Emily were SO fun (I talked about them for the next month as if we'd been BFFs for years), and the wedding day was even better! Allison, Emily, Katie, and Kerri were beyond wonderful to work with - even when the plugs went out for the blowdryer for a hot few minutes! I wouldn't change a thing about my wedding hair or makeup and can't thank Allison and her crew enough for making me feel so beautiful on my wedding day. I would recommend her to all of my best friends. Thank you!!

Sent on 10/02/2019

Allison Barbera Beauty's reply:

We would love to be BFFs with you AND do your hair and makeup every day! You and your whole group were so much fun to work with. It's clients like you all who make our jobs so awesome, so thank you.

Your kind words are appreciated, and we hope to be able to work with you again some day. Thanks a ton for your review :)

Michaela O. · Married on 08/24/2019

Loved working with Allison's team!

Allison's team was amazing the day of my wedding! They were professional, on time, and did a great job on everyone's hair and makeup. We all looked great!! I would highly recommend.

Allison Barbera Beauty's reply:

Thanks so much for your review, Michaela! Katie, Liza and Kerri had a lot of fun with you and your group. It's clients like you who make us love our jobs, so thank you for choosing us to be a part of your wedding day :)