Allegro Chamber Players Reviews

Allegro Chamber Players 3
  • ShelbyAnne

ShelbyAnne · Married on 11/09/2019

Added some class!

We hired the Allegro Chamber Players to perform at our wedding during the ceremony and cocktail hour. My husband grew up in music so he loved the idea of having actual musicians during this part of the wedding. The music was absolutely wonderful. As my mother said, it made the wedding “classy.” Would definitely recommend Allegro Chamber Players! They were professional and fun!

Sent on 10/27/2019

Allegro Chamber Players's reply:

It's great to hear from you ShelbyAnne. Thank you for entrusting us with providing the background for your wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. I understand that your husband's family has deep musical roots (evidenced by his choice of musical selections). I am glad that our service met your family's musical expectations. As an organized ensemble we hold ourselves to high musical standards. (That's why people hire us.) It's great to know that your family and guests appreciated our efforts.

Michael Van Horn · Married on 11/01/2019

Competent & Professional. 1st class all the way!

They exceeded my expectations. We received a lot of comments from our guests about how great they were.

Sent on 11/18/2019

Allegro Chamber Players's reply:

Thank you for your review! Your family and guests were most-gracious.
    It was an honor performing for you and your (now extended) family!
  • Robert

Robert · Married on 10/05/2019

Allegro Chamber Players are superbly talented

Michael Monte and his ensemble played at my daughter's wedding ceremony and then later at our cocktail hour. From the outset of speaking to Michael, I knew we were in good hands. His communication, his responsiveness and organizational skills are superb. Our guests enjoyed their musicianship and the quality of their performance. All along the process, Michael made great suggestions. He integrated his group with two vocalists who sang at the church ceremony. I would recommend the Allegro Chamber players for your event. They made it a memorable and special day for my daughter and our family.

Sent on 10/11/2019

Allegro Chamber Players's reply:

Thank you Robert. It was a beautiful day all around; wonderful weather, happy families, plus the two vocalists you booked for the ceremony were outstanding. Congratulations! Best wishes, Michael Monte - ACP

Minty Farrissey · Married on 08/30/2019

Wedding in Westport, Massachusetts-August 2019

The Allegro Chamber Players are a trio of exceptional, professional musicians. Mike Monte and his group are organized as well as accommodating to your own personal requests. Their extensive repertoire leaves any couple with several pieces to choose from that reflect their own personal style. I strongly encourage you to allow these fine musicians to perform at your ceremony as well as your cocktail hour. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 09/03/2019

Allegro Chamber Players's reply:

Thank you for your kind words. Amazing weather in a beautiful location. The couple's choice of "timeless classics" for their ceremony created a wonderful backdrop for their day. Congratulations!

Karen Mccormick · Married on 08/24/2019

We loved Michael Monte!!

Michael is a true professional to work with. He arranged new music for my daughter's ceremony and the trio performed to rave reviews. They traveled a long way to be there and were on time and we never had to worry about a thing. Would highly recommend!!

Sent on 09/22/2019

Allegro Chamber Players's reply:

It's great to hear from you! Thank you so much for your kind words. The music that your daughter requested is an excellent addition to our song list.

Lynne Laramie · Married on 08/10/2019

Wonderful chamber players!

This group helped make my daughter’s wedding a success! Michael was professional and attentive to my daughter’s requests. I would highly recommend them for a wedding or any event. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 08/15/2019

Allegro Chamber Players's reply:

Thanks for reaching out to us. Your daughter, son-in-law, and guests were so happy!! Thank you for entrusting us to be part of your most joyous occasion. Best wishes to your (now bigger) family!
  • Sarah

Sarah M · Married on 07/19/2019

Classy & wonderful musicians

Allegro Chamber Players are a wonderful group of talented musicians who made our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour at Belle Mer extra special. Michael was so helpful during the entire process, and especially helped us with ceremony planning and song selections. They are true professionals who have clearly done hundreds (if not over 1000) weddings, and their experience shows. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 08/28/2019

Allegro Chamber Players's reply:

It's so nice to hear from you! It was a beautiful day all-around. I put up a brief review on our facebook page. Thank you for your kind words.
  • Nancy

Nancy Drukker · Married on 06/01/2019

Mother of groom

Cannot say enough good about this group. Lots of talent and variety and experience with these musicians. Wonderful and no need to worry about your music.

Sent on 06/06/2019

Allegro Chamber Players's reply:

We appreciate your kind words. It truly was a magical wedding in a magical venue. Thank you for entrusting your son's wedding to us.
  • Maura

Maura · Married on 05/19/2019

Highly Recommend

Allegro Chamber Players did an amazing job at our wedding! They have so many great reviews already, it almost seems unnecessary for me to write one. I feel that having live music made a big difference over using a DJ. They created a more romantic feel. Our venue had a large tent by the ocean which we used one side of for the ceremony, and the other for cocktail hour. For some reason, our venue had them set up in one corner rather than in the middle like I was expecting. We had no problems hearing them during the procession or recession, but they were a bit more difficult to hear during cocktail hour over the chatter and all the way on the other side of the tent. This of course wasn’t their fault, but my suggestion is to be mindful of where you place them. We did get a few compliments on the music selections too because they know both classic and more modern pieces. I highly recommend Allegro Chamber Players for your day!

Allegro Chamber Players 4
    Sent on 06/05/2019

Allegro Chamber Players's reply:

Thanks for the review, Maura! It was great to finally meet you after two years of planning. We feel honored that you put your trust in us for your life's most memorable moment.

• Robert

Robert Ashman · Married on 12/08/2018

Elegance personified!

My wife and I wanted old school, high class elegance and the Allegro Chamber Players delivered with class! It been a few months and our guests continue to rave about our wedding but (aside from us of course) the Allegro team made it as perfect as we hoped! Book them...you won’t be sorry!

Allegro Chamber Players 5
    Sent on 04/10/2019

Britta · Married on 08/11/2018

The Allegro Chamber Players were an amazing and integral part of my garden wedding. Their professionalism and talent made everything run smoothly during my wedding ceremony. The music created the perfect soundtrack! I can't say enough wonderful things about them. The communication was thorough, and their experience eased my nerves. As a bride, my motto was to trust the opinions of the professionals, and they absolutely went beyond expectations.

Sent on 08/19/2018

Bob · Married on 07/07/2018

Michael and his colleagues were the perfect beginning for a glorious day. Our daughter and son in law were married at the Watch Hill Chapel this summer. It was a perfect day and Allegro Chamber Players were incredibly talented and sounded amazing. They were the talk of the wedding during the reception!

Allegro Chamber Players 6
    Sent on 07/18/2018

M e C · Married on 05/27/2018

We had a wonderful experience with this vendor. They are consumate professionals and they understand litugical music!

I cannot recommend Allegro Chamber Players highly enough. Their music added so much to our daughter's Nuptial Mass. Michael Monte's suggestions were so thoughtful and helpful to us and he knows the venue we selected very well (Aldrich Mansion - Our Lady of Providence Chapel). I had no idea how critical it is to work with musicians who understand the Nuptial Mass and can adapt so ably and seamlessly as the ceremony proceeds. One's musicians' are not typically present during the wedding rehearsal, but Allegro Chamber Players performed so flawlessly and brilliantly at our daughter's wedding you would have thought they had been. It was such a relief to us to be in such good hands and a blessing to our priest - a family friend who was unfamiliar with the venue - to be assisted by the musicians during Mass and not overtaken by them. Don't hesitate to contact Allegro Chamber Players! On top of all else, they are affordable!

Sent on 12/10/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 06/03/2017

Exceptional. Michael made several phone calls during the planning process to make sure everything was going ok and give advice. Two weeks before the wedding we went over the song list for the processional and I asked if they could play "Something Good" from the Sound of Music - a song very dear to my mother and I. It was not on their playlist, and within a week they were able to source a score, rewrite it for their instruments, and learn it. Unreal. It made for a VERY special moment for my family as my mom and special needs brother walked down the aisle - we now have some very rare pictures of him smiling because ACP went above and beyond for us. The music was perfect and elegant for our seating, processional, recessional and cocktail hour - we would hire them again in a heartbeat!!!

Sent on 06/23/2017

James · Married on 06/04/2016

The Allegro Chamber Players were amazing at our wedding. They performed during our ceremony and cocktail hour, and they sounded great! They played the songs we requested (from their extensive playlist), and made some helpful recommendations for songs as well.

Michael from the Allegro Chamber Players was professional and responsive in the months leading up to the wedding, and everything on the day of the wedding went off without a hitch. So many of our guests complimented their performance. We can’t recommend the Allegro Chamber Players enough – thank you for making our wedding so special!

Sent on 08/21/2016

David · Married on 12/18/2015

The Allegro Chamber Players provided the music for our ceremony and cocktail hour. Mike was extremely easy to work with and we loved his attention to detail ensuring that everything went smoothly. We got many, many compliments on the music and we both agree that it was absolutely one of the most worthwhile wedding expenses.
    The Allegro Chamber Players helped to make our special day extra special!

Sent on 12/17/2015

They were absolutely wonderful. Professional, on time, beautiful music, friendly and very responsive. They added the perfect touch to our ceremony and reception. Thank you so much! Samantha

Sent on 10/30/2015

Anita · Married on 09/26/2015

The Allegro Chamber Players played beautifully at our ceremony and cocktail hour. One of my favorite aspects of our wedding! I was happy to have been able to select our own ceremony music from a great list they provided. Micheal was very thorough and helpful so we didn't overlook key details throughout the ceremony. 100% worth it and highly recommend. Thank you!

Sent on 10/25/2015

jennifer · Married on 09/06/2015

I was very lucky to have the beautiful music of the Allegro Chamber Players for my Catholic wedding ceremony. From the very beginning, Michael was professional, knowledgable, and extremely helpful. Knowing that he had so much knowledge of a Catholic wedding ceremony put my mind at ease. The music from the ceremony was absolutely beautiful and I am still getting compliments from my guests.

Sent on 10/21/2015

Paul · Married on 08/07/2015

Hello WeddingWire,
    I am writing to share with you some comments regarding our wonderful experience with The Allegro Chamber Players string and flute ensemble which we hired to provide music at my son's wedding in August. I found them through your site but realized that we had many common acquaintances and (sorry) contacted them directly.
    We had an outdoor wedding at The Cove Restaurant in Fall River, MA and wanted a classical ensemble to perform for the ceremony and the cocktail hour. ACP was perfect. Mike Monte contacted my son who lives in Nashville, TN to offer suggestions on music for the processional and recessional and appropriate reflective music during the ceremony. The variety of music offered during the informal cocktail hour was impressive and perfect for the occasion.
    Most importantly, Mike communicated directly with Allison Ouellette, the event planner at The Cove. She mentioned a number of times how easy it was to provide for Mike and the ensemble. I guess some groups are quite demanding.
    I highly recommend Allegro Chamber Players for any event which would be enhanced by a quality, professional and accommodating ensemble.
    Paul Anderson, Tiverton, RI

Sent on 10/21/2015

Caroline · Married on 05/23/2015

Had these wonderful musicians provide music for my ceremony and cocktail hour. They were so professional and talented. Unfortunately, our ceremony was delayed for several minutes, and they had to continue playing in the cold wind for longer than we anticipated. But they were never anything but courteous and accommodating. I would recommend them to anyone!

* I gave them a 5/5 for value. The price may seem a bit high to some, but remember that you're paying for live music from 3 highly-qualified professionals. It comes at a cost, and based on my experience with other live musicians, they weren't unreasonable. If you want to save money, use a DJ and recorded music.

Sent on 05/29/2015

Jonathan · Married on 08/24/2013

The Allegro Chamber Players' performed at my daughter’s wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. All i can say is WOW! Mike, the group leader was very easy to get in touch with, very personable and knowledgable. The quartet were very accommodating to special song selections and played all pieces beautifully. The guests were quite impressed with their talent and professionalism. They added the finishing touch to the ceremony. Of course, I cried when walking my daughter came down the aisle.
    Thank you very much for setting the mood and enhancing the wedding!

Sent on 09/02/2013

The Allegro Chamber Players played at my daughter's wedding. They were wonderful! They looked great, sounded even better, and added a beautiful atmosphere to the ceremony. It's the best money I spent that day. I highly recommend them.

Sent on 09/03/2013
  • User3501949 · 2+ years ago

The Allegro Chamber Players provided the music for my daughter's ceremony and everyone in attendance commented about how beautiful it was. Mike made sure that the bridal party was all lined up and set to go so that the processional went off without a hitch and the music during the mass was perfect. I highly recommend the Allegro Chamber Players!

Sent on 08/31/2013

Beautiful music even though the musicians were soaked from the rain.

Sent on 08/31/2012