Allegria Ensemble Reviews

23 | State College, PA

23 Reviews for Allegria Ensemble

23 Allegria Ensemble Reviews

Rjb&jac · Married on 09/21/2018

Truly Amazing String Quartet!

So fortunate to have had the pleasure of experiencing the Allegria Ensemble! Loved the fact that they had such a wide repetoire of songs to select from including classic to contemporary. This string quartet is a must for your event - so classy and elegant. Their music is beautiful and emotionally moving. Guests raved about the quartet being one of the highlights of the day.

Allegria Ensemble 1

Heidi · Married on 09/07/2018

Thank you so much for the lovely music that the Allegria Ensemble played for our wedding. You were perfect! Planning a wedding is so stressful, but you and your team made the beautiful music part easy for us. We appreciated your consultative approach, as well as your experience and your talent. You created precisely the elegant environment that we wanted for our wedding, and we are most appreciative! We hold you in the highest regard.

Thank you again to all the team of the Allegria Ensemble. All my very best,

Heidi Thompson Morrow

Dawn · Married on 08/05/2017

I hired the ensemble for my ceremony and our cocktail hour. They played beautiful music and even posed for pictures with two young aspiring artists in the crowd!

Mary · Married on 07/29/2017

Perfect fit for my daughter's wedding! The ensemble played as our guests arrived, for the processional and recessional and, for cocktail hour. Many, many compliments from our guests. The Allegria Ensemble greatly contributed to a beautiful day for our family.

Margaret · Married on 06/03/2017

If you want beautiful music performed by professionals (in every sense of the word) to enhance your event you cannot go wrong with this ensemble. So easy to work with, even though our venue was more than an hour away from their home base.

Roxanne · Married on 05/26/2017

Debbie,
    I just wanted to send you a note to let you know the entire Allegria Ensemble package/coordination for Joshua and Meagan's Wedding was just perfect!!! You were a pleasure to work with and I am so pleased with how the music flowed prior to the wedding ceremony and continued through the end of the evening. Your music was elegant and received many compliments from our guests. Thank-you both for making our evening memorable and so very special.

I will most certainly keep you in mind for future events and recommend you to my friends and family.

Elaine · Married on 05/20/2017

We were very pleased all the way around. They were so flexible, organized and professional. They played at our wedding ceremony and reception and were amazing. Everyone is still talking about them. Definitely put our wedding on another level. Would recommend them to anyone!

Hyunji · Married on 07/31/2016

They were responsive and attentive to what I wanted. Great team and music - I strongly recommend them!

Joni · Married on 09/05/2015

Debbie is fantastic to work with! Very much pleased with her professionalism and the music itself! Made for a beautiful ceremony!

Debra · Married on 10/04/2014

We had a very difficult situation, and Allegria Ensemble handled it beautifully and really came through for us. We had an outdoor wedding in early October. The weather was a bit rainy, then sunny. But it was only about 60 degrees. My daughter was adamant that she was going to have the ceremony outdoors. I was hesitant because of the ensemble's instruments and the cold weather--which they normally don't do. We were prepared for a "back-up" music plan but the Ensemble showed up with black coats on over their tuxes/evening wear. The music was so beautiful--more than I could have ever dreamed of! The Ensemble really MADE the wedding and we were so grateful to them--worth every single penny!

Mark · Married on 09/13/2014

Allegria Ensemble was the perfect finishing touch to a beautiful wedding. Ms. Trudeau was very easy to work with, and the beautiful outdoor sound from the 3 piece orchestra was phenomenal! My only regret was not video taping the musicians.

Wonderful Trio for our wedding! They added the perfect touch for our ceremony and played songs that we loved.

Jennifer · Married on 06/07/2014

Some things came up last minute and my sister and I found ourselves frantically searching for musicians for her wedding ceremony. She'd planned on having a trio play and fortunately, Allegria was available to make that happen after all. We couldn't have asked for a better group of musicians. The ceremony music was just perfect, absolutely beautiful. The musicians showed up well in advance of when they were scheduled to begin playing and even stayed late, well into the bridal party taking post-ceremony pictures in the Church. All of the musicians were extremely talented, and highly professional. I could tell that they genuinely cared to make my sister's day as perfect as possible. Prior to the wedding day, Debbie from the group went out of her way to help us pick out music for the ceremony and ensure that all of the fine details were in place. She was very easy to work with and uncommonly personable. In fact, everyone in the group was super kind, a true pleasure to work with. I'd hire them again in a second. Without a doubt, they're worth their fee. So thank you Allegria for helping to make my sister's wedding day as perfect as it was!

• W

Wanda · Married on 05/31/2014

The Allegria Ensemble provided such a beautiful touch to our wedding. Combined with the beauty of the church, the pieces just added to the beauty of the ceremony. They were very easy to work with in the preparation stage -- providing insight and ideas to one who is not well educated in the genre of classical music. I'm so thrilled to have been able to have them participate in this joyous occasion.

Candice · Married on 09/28/2013

Thank yo so much for providing such wonderful music for the wedding! It was beautiful. We had so many lovely comments on the music and the music selection. I want to thank you personally for being so helpful with the music selection and in the choices you made beyond what we chose for key moments of the ceremony.

Kelly · Married on 05/18/2013

We received many complements from guests on Allegria Ensemble. They were wonderful to work with and Debbie was very helpful in selecting the music for the procession and recession.

Josh · Married on 08/18/2012

Allegria Ensemble was great! The music was just like in the movies....perfect. Everyone enjoyed it, we had our ceremony at the Arboretum and the music matched the wedding and the beautiful day. I highly recommend them, you will be glad you had them at your wedding!

Kim · Married on 06/02/2012

Allegria did a wonderful job at our wedding and our reception
    Cocktail hour. We had many guests remark how good they were. We were very happy that we chose Allegria.

• W

Amanda · Married on 08/27/2011

I was not a bride who envisioned every little detail of my wedding day years before ever being engaged, but the one thing I knew I wanted at my marriage ceremony since I was little girl was strings. Allegria Ensemble delivered! The trio made the perfect soundtrack to our amazing ceremony. Our guests shared wonderful remarks on the beautiful, elegant, and moving music.

Initally I was anxious about selecting a music ensemble I had never heard perform, but when I contacted Debbie, the violinist, to explore the possibility of working with Allegria Ensemble, she went above-and-beyond: She recorded a about 30 seconds of several songs played by the trio and sent them to me electronically - my fiancé and I sat listening with goosebumps imagining our special day and we were sold.

Debbie and I had several phone meetings (as I live Virginia) in the months prior to our ceremony and again the week of the big day to confirm all details. Our meetings always started promptly and she was responsive in my email requests and meeting follow-up.

Allegria Ensemble's repertoire is extensive and contains all of the traditional pieces one imagines for a wedding, so we were able to select the songs we had in mind. But also, Debbie was quite helpful in making suggestions based on our desired feel for particular moments of our ceremony.

Our ceremony was beautiful and I'm thankful to Allegria Ensemble for playing a huge role in that. My only disappointment is that I didn't get to hear all of the beautiful music the trio played as our guests were being seated because I was in the bridal room with my moms and bridesmaids. :-)

April · Married on 09/11/2010

They are great!! I highly recommend them to anyone!!

Ann · Married on 08/27/2016

Great musicians! If having an outdoor ceremony, please remember to provide proper chairs and shade for the musicians.

Sent on 01/30/2017

Allegria Ensemble's reply:

Thanks for passing along that tip about shelter. Remember that air temps are measured in the shade. In direct sun, the much hotter temperatures can not only burn our skin, but also damage our instruments.

Jenna · Married on 08/05/2017

We did a violin duo for our wedding and it was perfect.

Ashlan · Married on 06/06/2015

2.2
      3.0
      1.0
      2.5

Upon originally emailing and calling Allegria, we were met with a very friendly and flexible response. After sending some suggestions for our wedding music, we were told that it was exciting for the players to perform a "unique repertoire". Within a days time we were told the pieces were not playable.
    Admittedly, our emails were not quick, but Allegria was also frequently absent to get back to us. We were initially told that we would have months time to decide on our final music for the ceremony, but that suddenly changed as well. The ensemble would need to know our choices as soon as possible.
    A few days before the wedding, we emailed to confirm the time, but were never met with a response.
    Fast forward to the day of the wedding: many calls and emails were made to Allegria to find out if the performers would in fact be making it to the ceremony. This was attempted by both the groom and matron of honor. No replies were ever received. The DJ was kind enough to set up for the ceremony 30 minutes before it started as we still had not heard from or seen the ensemble. They did finally arrive, close to the start of the ceremony. Their performance was lackluster. Particularly of note, would be the mistakes the performers made during the bride's walk down the aisle.
    After the wedding, we had never heard responses from the missed phone calls and emails, but we were quickly sent an email to tell us that the ceremony went well.
    Based on our experiences: not recommended.

Sent on 07/02/2015

Allegria Ensemble's reply:

I’m glad they were pleased with my initial response. My understanding from our initial phone conversation was that I would listen to the music they liked and let them know whether I could arrange it for violin and cello (which would have come with a $150 price tag). My professional opinion was that it was not suitable. I suggested alternatives which were happily accepted. The client admits slow responses, taking up to 5 months to respond. I pushed the timeline for finalizing music when I learned I was going to be out of the country and out of contact the day of their ceremony. I wanted the hired performers to have adequate preparation time. The violinist received no communication in the days before the event. The cellist received only a single text the day before at 9:37 a.m. After confirming with the violinist, she responded at 10:58 a.m. There is no other record of any texts, emails, or phone calls from the client or anyone in his party. The musicians arrived 40 minutes before the ceremony and started on time 20 minutes before as contracted. They spoke to the wedding coordinator. They also spoke to the DJ who agreed to turn off his music when the performers were ready to start. The musicians performed outdoors in a field near a pond and could barely hear each other. Unamplified instruments played outdoors without a hard surface or “shell” nearby will not sound the same as in a concert hall. The musicians acknowledged the performance glitch. It lasted two measures and they quickly recovered. The rest of the music went smoothly. I checked in with the performers the day after the ceremony by email. The same day I wrote to thank the client. I had no reply until this review a month later. I have responded directly to the client with a detailed timeline of our correspondence, explanations, and an expression of regret that they were disappointed.