All Star Entertainment Reviews

38 | Garwood, NJ

38 Reviews for All Star Entertainment

Daniel · Married on 10/07/2018

John is an amazing DJ. He was very transparent throughout the entire process from consultant through the party and genial the entire time. To anyone who wants to do something unconventional, John's your guy as he helped me plan and execute a unique entrance into the dance hall.

Bill · Married on 09/28/2018

We were very very satisfied with our DJ John. We received so many compliments from our guests having a great time dancing all night. He was so involved with the music & gave us a nite to remember always. We will recommend All Star Entertainment highly to people looking for DJ services!!!!

Samantha · Married on 07/28/2018

The owner John DePalma was the DJ for our wedding and he was FANTASTIC! Everyone complimented the music and there was something played for everyone in attendance. I've been to a few weddings over the years, but Johns style blew everyone else away! I'll definitely hire him for any future events!

Kelly · Married on 04/07/2018

John and All Star Entertainment played at our wedding this weekend and we could not have been happier!! He kept the entire wedding on the dance floor all night and listened to all of our suggestions. He was fun and we had the most wonderful time!

Amanda · Married on 11/11/2017

All Star Entertainment made my wedding so memorable. John was such a delight to work with and was accommodating to all our requests and needs. All Star Entertainemnts website was great for planning out the entire day. John was on top of every request I had and provided such a fun atmosphere. He was very professional, arrived on time and looked very nice. I would highly recommend his services to anyone!

Tim and Kim · Married on 08/28/2015

We can't thank John DePalma of All Star Entertainment enough for the outstanding job he did as the DJ at our daughter's wedding. From the first time we met with him until the wedding itself, John was kind, knowledgable and professional. Our daughter and son in law felt that John really listened to them with regard to song selection and the overall atmosphere they envisioned for their reception. He was fully equipped, offering LED lights, photo booth and smoke machine. The lighting effects in the room were fantastic! John worked well with the venue in timing the bride and groom's special moments and his experience with announcing and reading the crowd to deliver a classy yet upbeat presentation was evident. John played music that kept the dance floor full all night. We were happy to see all age groups out there having a wonderful time. Everyone keeps telling us that they had so much fun and the wedding was the "best ever"! Several of the guests have already asked for John's contact information and one has already booked their party with him! So much planning and expense goes into a wedding. The DJ can make or break the party. John DePalma really made our daughter's wedding a great success! We highly recommend him!

Michael · Married on 08/09/2015

John was great to work with from start to finish. He help make everything for my wedding easy as can be. John did everything I had ask and beyond. I highly recommen and I would never use any other DJ after this great experience.

Mariana · Married on 10/25/2014

John was wonderful through the whole experience. He seems to be very passionate of his job and any conversation we had with him, it always ended up in laughter. I provided him an extensive and mixed playlist and he and Jonathan were great about fitting in everything we wanted to please our mixed crowd. They both did a great job of keeping everything running smoothly and on time. I would definitely recommend him as a DJ. My guests had a wonderful time and we're still getting compliments about the music and lighting.

John at All Star was wonderful through the whole experience from booking, planning and the actual wedding. I gave him an extensive play list and he was great about fitting in everything I wanted. He also MC'd the wedding and did a great job of keeping everything running smoothly and on time. We also booked a photo booth through him and it was a huge hit. He had a huge number of different kinds of props and our guests had a great time all night long. I would highly recommend this vendor

Jillian · Married on 07/11/2014

DJ John and All-Star Entertainment were PERFECT for our special day! We had a blast at my brother's wedding (our family wouldn't stop raving about how good DJ John was), and we knew for sure our guests were going to have a great time at ours! He offers plenty of extra add-ons and services. We enjoyed the open photo booth and the live photographer who took photos that were displayed on the screens. DJ John personalized and customized his services for us, and allowed us to make choices about what we wanted and what we didn't want. We especially loved the opportunity to take our time in selecting songs using the web-based song selection program. There were so many songs available, both old and new. We also appreciated the idea that were able to choose songs we did NOT want played at our wedding, regardless of a guest request. We see DJ John at other events, and he always remembers us. It is great to know we have a new friend with whom we share some great memories!
    All Star Entertainment has never disappointed us, and will not disappoint!

• Mrs.Judd

Michelle · Married on 04/12/2014

John was amazing. Any time I spoke with him, the conversation always ended up in laughter. I would definitely recommend him as a DJ, my guests had a wonderful time. Not feeling so great and all, he showed up to our wedding and did an excellent job. That to me is pure dedication to the bride and groom. Thank you John.

John was the perfect addition to our wedding day. Our family and friends had an amazing time on the dance floor. My husband and I have used John for other events in the past, and will probably use him again in the future. Thank you John for making our special day a success!

John was FANTASTIC! From the very beginning he was friendly, professional, and personable. He went above and beyond, even before we hired him, to make sure that we got exactly what we wanted on our special day.
    John is your man for your special day, and If you are having your reception at The James Ward Mansion, then you NEED to have John.
    He has an uncanny ability to read the crowd and keep everyone on their feet, dancing, the whole time.
    We were very pleased! Could not be happier!

Abby · Married on 10/12/2013

We used All Star Entertainment for our wedding this past weekend and they were amazing! During the entire planning process, they answered all of the questions we had very quickly. John was very flexible with the way we wanted certain things to happen and ensured that everything went smoothly. He was good at taking our cues to make sure we were completely happy and comfortable the whole night. He was very professional and had a great personality. They played every song we requested they play, and they took our song choices and played similar music based on our music tastes. He really knew how to read the crowd to keep people on the dance floor. I think every single person got up to dance at one point or another. I even noticed that he would purposely play songs I requested while I was already on the dance floor which was awesome. The price was I think around average for a dj for a wedding, but well worth it for the quality of what you are getting. I would recommend them to anyone needing a dj for their event.

Nilda Lee · Married on 09/20/2013

Our music for the ceremony and the reception was pretty selective and All Star Entertainment was right on key. We couldn't be happier with the service, the attention to detail and the quality of his work. He sure knows how to make a wedding memorable and to help things going for the wedding. It was truly magical for my hubby and I. Highly recommend John and All Star Entertainment. Thank you John for making our day extra special.

Marta · Married on 08/24/2013

The second I first spoke with John, I knew he was the right DJ for us. He is funny, pleasant, you feel like you have known him for years, returned calls/emails immediately but most importantly, I was looking for someone who would fall within my budget and make the wedding very personal and guests comfortable and entertained at my small, intimtate 75-guest wedding. When we met him, we were so impressed with how professional he was!-he assured us to have a back-up of every piece of equipment on our wedding day-even back up of the MC bc hey u never know! He even brought a backup laptop for our meeting just in case! LOL! He offered everyting I wanted and needed for a great price: website is user friendly and make song selection process SMOOTH and fun, we got 2 screens w/our names displayed on them & random candid photos of guests displayed on them all night long (which John's photographer took)--we got those photos right after our wedding as a souvenir. Everyone LOVED seeing themselves up on the screens--even those who were not dancing were entertained bc they could sit back and watch all the action shots of everyone! Guests raved about the song selections John chose as he would read the crowd so well, dance floor was never empty, not even during dinner! No dull moment was had as John set WONDERFUL atmosphere for the evening, has a fantastic MC voice and found a very creative and fun way to host our wedding-i loved the way he made a game out of giving away the centerpieces! He also kept checking on us throughout the night to make sure we were happy with everything. He really catered to us and our guests' song requests and we didn't have any complaints as he did NOT disappoint. Def recommend him and his team!!! -Marta

• User3119441 · 2+ years ago

John and Mike did an excellent job for our wedding. we couldn't have asked for a better DJ to work with and perform at our wedding. Everyone had such a great time.

Sandy · Married on 08/02/2013

I can't say enough good things about John! He was so responsive, easy to work with, and made my wedding day so much fun. He took the time to listen to us and played amazing music. I recommend using all star entertainment 100%

Maribeth · Married on 07/27/2013

All Star Entertainment did an incredible job at our wedding! Words cannot express how impressed I was with their ability to keep my family and friends dancing the whole night. The selection and timing of songs was truly amazing. The way they carried out a tribute to my late aunt was so special, and it will forever remain a fond memory for me and my family members for years to come. Just saying thank you for their services doesn't even come close to covering it. I would highly recommend All Star Entertainment to anyone I know who wants to throw the party of a lifetime!!

Ben · Married on 04/20/2013

John DePalma and All Star Entertainment were a fantastic selection for my wedding at the James Ward Mansion in Westfield NJ. John is an enthusiastic, genial guy who was always available to me in the planning process and was extremely receptive to every request I made of him. He followed my instructions exactly and perfectly executed both my ceremony and reception's sound and music. He was able to find all of the obscure music I requested for both portions of my event. During our reception, he read the crowd well, limiting his interjections over the music as we requested. He found us throughout the event to clarify any confusion on details we requested and followed my instructions exactly. He has an excellent "DJ voice" that was perfect for our event - a touch of flair without going over the top. He comes with my strongest recommendation for your wedding or any other party or event you are planning.

• Gina

Gina · Married on 04/13/2013

I have known John for years- he DJ'ed my sweet 16 so it was only fitting that he also do my wedding! The materials on the website that allow you to search and customize your music were such a big help and took a lot of the guess work out of finding the perfect soundtrack to our special day. The photographs playing on the screen during the reception were amazing! It was great for everyone to be able to see candids in real time, especially in case anyone missed anything. John and the whole DJ staff were very accomodating to my requests and those of my guests! Everyone had a great time and the dance floor was full the whole night (except for when everyone was eating!). If you're looking for good value at a great price, I recommend All Star Entertainment!

Amanda · Married on 03/22/2013

FANTASTIC CHOICE ! My Husband and I are very much into music and thought it was so important to pick a fantastic DJ for our wedding. We searched the internet and got recommendations from friends and spoke with quite a few DJs and after getting off the phone with the others we weren't confident in their services.

WE were confident when we spoke with Jon and his staff from ALLSTAR! Jon has a wonderful personality ,speaking with him was like catching up with an old friend. He's laid back,funny and fantastic to work with . And he's patient, which was great for us! We got so over whelmed with things we forgot to give him the music lists and wedding details till the last minute. He was on point and called to remind us, so our day went has great as it did! My family and friends thought he was great also ,a bunch of our guests commented on what a great job he did and we definitely agree!

Music keeps the wedding going and sets the mood throughout the night ,its so important to your special day and we are so happy we chose ALLSTAR ! They are worth every penny!!! They knew how to keep the young ,the elderly and the wild bunch dancing and enjoying them selves!

We also chose to have the photo montage. The photographer was wonderful and shot alot of good moments .The pictures came out great. My guests loved seeing them selves on the tv throughout the night and enjoyed the music videos!

ALLSTAR has my recommendation for any one planning a wedding or special event !

Melanie · Married on 06/29/2012

It was a pleasure having John from AllStar Entertainment NJ, DJ our wedding. My mother and I had met John at a bridal show at the Jamesward Mansion in Westfield,NJ. Right away John captivated us with his fun-loving personality and musical intellect. Following the bridal show, we set up an appointment with John to come out and meet us one-on-one in order to discuss our needs for the wedding. Although the AllStar Entertainment NJ office is located in Cranford, quite a distance from Flemington, John offered to come out to our house. We agreed instead to meet halfway. The meeting went so well, that we booked John that day without having met with any other DJs. We knew that we would be in great hands with him. Throughout the several months to follow we were in contact with John. Each interaction was friendly and productive. Speaking with John was like catching up with an old friend. He is an amazing DJ and friend. We owe John and AllStar Entertainment NJ our sincerest gratitude for making our wedding day fun! I could go on and on for days about how lucky we were to find him and the AllStar Entertainment company, but I will just say that we will be recommending him to all of our friends and we ourselves will use him any time a DJ is needed. I cannot wait to catch up with John to talk about our wedding day and show him pictures of all of my family and friends dancing the night away. It doesn't get better than that!
    Many thanks!
    Mr. and Mrs. Dufford

tim · Married on 06/02/2012

allstar discussed our preferences before the reception and assisted as the master of ceremony during the reception. he "read" the crowd and kept their interest to dance. worked well with the photographer and took requests from the family. he actively participated in the reception, not just played songs. there is nothing i can think of that he did not do.

Heidi · Married on 05/20/2012

John & his crew were professional, attentive, responsive to our requests and just plain FUN! We loved his use of technology to work on our playlists. He asked a lot of questions and really took our responses seriously. Our guests had nothing but great things to say and we will use All Star Entertainment again.