All-Inclusive DJ & Photography by El Folio Entertainment Reviews

123 | Montpelier, VT

123 Reviews for All-Inclusive DJ & Photography by El Folio Entertainment

• U

Ulrika · Married on 07/26/2015

Evan & Diane were simply amazing. They were so easy to work with and really helped make our day even more special that it already was. Both have a fantastic personality and really listened to both myself and my husband. Being able to joke around and have a great conversation with them was an added bonus! They were able to be flexible when our timeline was behind and made everything work. Our guests loved the professionalism of them and we were asked many times what their business name was and we shared it with out hesitation. Their online site for each of them is so easy to work with. Adding our information to the questions they asked for both the music and photos was very straight forward. When a question did come up, a quick email to them was given a response in no time at all.

My husband and I would certainly recommend them both to anyone looking for a dj, photographer or both.

Sent on 07/29/2015

Rebecca · Married on 05/24/2015

We couldn't be happier with the service and professionalism that we received from both Evan and Diana. Evan tailored a perfect playlist for our wedding that included a multitude of specific song requests. He made sure that everything ran smoothly and kept everything on track for the transitions between ceremony, cocktail hour and reception.

The pictures that Diana took were absolutely gorgeous! She was very receptive to our requests for specific shots and even waited for the sun to set to take some amazing photos against the mountain background. The nearly 1000 photos that she took were available for download less than a week after the wedding, with multiple versions available (stock photos and ones with effects).

Aside from the amazing job that Evan and Diana did, their website is all encompassing and intuitive. I could not think of any details to add that were not addressed on their site. The couple questions that I did ask Evan via email were responded to very promptly and always with an enthusiastic attitude. The package deal for booking both DJ and photographer could not be beat; we actually couldn't find another DJ alone who was cheaper than our package.

We would highly recommend both Evan and Diana to anyone looking for a great DJ and great photographer. Thanks again!

Sent on 06/15/2015

Cidney · Married on 05/02/2015

I can not put into words how amazing Diana and Evan are! They made our day so much less stressful as we did not know what to expect nor how we wanted our evening to be played out. They did a awesome job with coordinating our night and making things so much fun. I was so pleased as the bride from the start with their easy to use and simple (yet detailed) website. The website helped so much on the little things that I didn't even think to plan or put into the schedule. Diana took may picture I didn't even ask for but so happy she did (like of my dress) She was amazing through our Catholic ceremony!! She kept a smile on her face and took so so so many great detailed pictures. At the reception she got a large quantity of family and friend pictures and some great center piece shots! Evan did a great job at the music as I didn't write down much to play. He played a wide variety of music that kept everyone upbeat! He was great at letting us use the microphone when we needed it and kept us on track as to what was happening next! They truly are one of a kind. We could not be more happy and satisfied with choosing them to capture our memorable day! THANK YOU EVAN AND DIANA SO MUCH
    Josh and Cidney Tassie

Sent on 05/18/2015

Amy · Married on 01/10/2015

Diana served as our photographer for our wedding on January 10, 2015. We cannot express how great of a job she did on our wedding. Diana was instantly likeable, very professional and extremely fast in getting our photos back to us.

We received in excess of 1,100 photos from our wedding less than 3 weeks after the event, which was incredible. She did a great job of capturing all the key moments of our wedding and we were very pleased with how the photos came out. She was very easy to work with throughout the whole process from booking to receipt of photos and we would definitely recommend her to anyone.

DJ Evan served as the DJ for our wedding reception on January 10, 2015.We cannot express how great of a job he did at our wedding. Evan was instantly likeable, extremely easy-going and easy to work with.

When the time came for the introductions and setting up the first dance Evan made everyone instantly comfortable and ready to party. Prior to walking out he took the time to make sure he had all the name pronunciations correct (which he already had perfect) as well as spending some time getting the playlist for the wedding perfect.

As the night progressed he did a fantastic job at reading the crowd and kept everyone up on the dance floor the whole night. He seamlessly transitioned between the classic oldies dance music for our older guests to more modern music for the younger ones and back to keep the mood and energy up. For our wedding we stripped a lot of the “traditional” elements out of the wedding (bouquet toss, formal cake cutting, etc) and wanted to focus on the party, and Evan was more than happy to run with what we wanted.

We can’t tell you how many people came up to us and said he was the best DJ at any wedding they had been to, which both made us feel great about our choice and is a testament to DJ Evan’s skills.

Sent on 01/21/2015

Alexandra · Married on 10/12/2014

Evan provided the music for our reception and we could not be happier to have found him. He is truly a gem and professional. We planned our entire wedding via email and it was wonderful. Evan was flexible and tried on multiple occasions to set up times that were convenient for us to meet. Unfortunately, we never were able to meet before our wedding but that did not affect the outcome at all! He was wonderful and our guests danced the night away. Could not be happier with our experience. In the wedding business it seems everyone takes advantage and raises their prices to obscene amounts. Evan is reasonable and a major "bang for your buck", which was important since we were working on a budget. I cannot say enough good things about working with Evan! The entire night was wonderful and the music was the icing on the cake!

Sent on 10/20/2014

Trisha · Married on 10/11/2014

We were planning our wedding from Texas that was to be held in Vermont and these two made things so stress free for us. From there quick replies to their easy to use website, everything was a breeze. And I don't think you will find a better price for the quality and amount of time that these two offer! They work so well together and the quality was execellent! I would refer these two to anyone who was looking for an amazing DJ and Photographer.

Sent on 12/05/2014

Jennifer · Married on 09/27/2014

Evan did everything he could to make our wedding memorable. He arrived well before the ceremony to set up equipment for three different spaces and was present and helpful from start to finish. Our guests danced all night long thanks to him. We are so thankful he was a part of our special day.

Sent on 10/11/2014

Evan was an amazing DJ for our wedding. He was very responsive and the online event form allowed us to specify our likes and dislikes. At our reception, the dance floor was full all night thanks to Evan. It was a wonderful evening and was everything we had hoped for. I highly recommend him!

Sent on 10/20/2014

Tiffany R. · Married on 08/30/2014

We so were so lucky to have Evan as our DJ for our wedding! He was organized, well priced and played great music! He made sure to keep our guests happy and best of all dancing! We would recommend him to anyone! Fabulous service!

Sent on 01/09/2015

Sharon · Married on 08/29/2014

El Folio was absolutely hands down the best Dj service of any wedding I have ever been too. Evan was attentive to all our requests, was in tune with the likes and dislikes of our guests and kept everyone out on the dance floor for the entire reception. He was also masterful at keeping the ceremony running smoothly, on time, and making sure everyone was where they should be at any given time. His wife who did our photography was also wonderful, The shots are superb and she was completely unobtrusive, unlike some photographers who are constantly in the way. Not only where the planned group shots wonderfully executed, but the candid shots more than exceeded my expectations, as well as the DJ services that also went way above and beyond my expectations!

Sent on 12/11/2014

I am so happy we went with Evan Foley for our DJ. WE had a black tie optional wedding but we didn't want it to be stuffy; we wanted people out on the dance floor and Evan did just that. Because we ran out of time to put together a playlist, though, we gave him little direction. I just shared that our guests ranged in age from 18-95, we wanted them all out on the dance floor, and not to be afraid of peppering the playlist with hip hop or rap since we loved both. He was incredible at feeling out the crowd and getting everyone to dance. He had everyone of all ages dancing, including people my husband and I know to be very shy and reserved!

Second, we were so grateful to his flexibility and professionalism. We had initially asked him not to do any talking but realized during the reception that we needed someone to transition us from one part of the program to the next, such as announcing the speakers, inviting people to the dance floor to dance after the mother/son dance, or mentioning that it was time for the last dance. He graciously agreed to doing this last minute and did so professionally and so classily.

I highly recommend Evan for a classy and fun wedding DJ.

Sent on 05/27/2014

Lindsay · Married on 05/17/2014

Evan of El Folio Entertainment was great! Very professional, easy to communicate with and played great music! His event form was very helpful and organized-my husband and I had no idea where to start and the form gave us great guidance and brought up a lot of things we wouldn't have thought about on our own. Just before our ceremony began, Evan walked up a VERY long flight of stairs, just to check in on the bridal party and make sure we were comfortable with the music cues/ask any last minute questions. I had been a bit unsure about how things would progress and he put my mind completely at ease! He was great throughout the reception as well, coordinating with myself and the caterer for the toasts and cake cutting. We danced from 7-midnight and everyone from 3-85 had a great time!! I highly recommend El Folio Entertainment for anyone looking for a professional, organized and fun DJ!

Sent on 05/30/2014

Cynthia · Married on 05/03/2014

Absolutely wonderful! I would (and have) recommend Evan and his wife to anyone who wants great entertainment and beautiful photography. Everyone had a wonderful time because Evan keep the energy up. The photos that Diana took captured our day beautifully and we received our photo CD very quickly. Great communication leading up to the wedding!

Sent on 06/09/2014

I could not have asked for a better DJ. At my sister's wedding the DJ was over the top cheesy, in your face, and said her name wrong. Evan was the opposite of this. He was so helpful and accommodating. I really had a specific vision for my day and so I loved the feature on his website where you could add whatever songs you wanted him to play, what to play when, etc. He made it so easy to plan my day with what I wanted and not just pick from a book. I was so happy he was able to find all of the old or obscure songs that my husband and I love without a problem. He was kind and helpful. He made all the annoucements, but didn't over do anything letting my husband and I be the stars of the show. It was exactly what I wanted. Very classy, but fun. He got everyone on the dance floor and everyone had a great time. I would love to recommend Evan Foley to anyone getting married. I am so glad that he was recommended to me. Honestly the best wedding DJ I have ever seen. Thank you Evan!

Sent on 03/26/2014
  • Mariam

Mariam H. · Married on 01/08/2014

Best experience ever!

I just wanted to take some time and thank you guys for the amazing photos for my wedding...I greatly appreciate everything the gorgeous photographer(Diana Hill)! She did an amazing job at capturing every memorable moment of my entire wedding! We were unable to get a videographer but the pictures she took was pretty much my whole wedding! I truly appreciate the hard work and dedication to making each photo perfect and I feel like I relive my wedding just by seeing the photos! Thank you again for everything and you did better then I could’ve asked for!

Sent on 05/15/2020

Holly · Married on 10/05/2013

Evan and Diana were incredible!
    The price is outstanding for the level of service they provide. They could have easily charged more, and we would gladly pay to hire them again! Evan was great at keeping us on schedule, and the dance floor was full the entire evening. For months our guests talked about how much fun they had and how great our Dj was. Diana took beautiful posed pictures and many fantastic candids. Her style isn't intrusive and hardly noticable, but she managed to take well over one thousand photos. My husband's favorite aspect of her work is that included in her price are the rights to all of your photos. A few weeks after the wedding we received over 1000 finished photos on 3 disks to do whatever we want with.
    We highly recommend El Folio Entertainment for your special day.

Sent on 12/12/2013

Laura · Married on 09/28/2013

I don't know why it has taken me so long to write a review for El Folio. We had such an effortless experience with Evan and would definitely recommend his services. We are a military couple and loved that El Folio had military discount, However, even without the discount he is an amazing value. Evan responds quickly via email, my preferred method of communication. I was able to plan all of the musical aspects of the reception using the online planner, which was a lot of fun. Everything was set up in plenty of time for the reception and Evan was easily able to gauge what our guests wanted to hear. He was only on the mic when necessary, which was a nice change from a lot of wedding djs I've heard. El Folio was worth every penny and then some.
    We also had Evan record our ceremony. My grandmother was unable to make the trip for the wedding but I wanted her to be able to see it. Evan didn't charge much for this service so we took advantage of it. We are glad we did. It was nothing fancy (in fact, my friends later informed me that one of the cameras used was an iPhone lol) but it was definitely worth it. My parents received the DVD while we were still on our honeymoon and a small error on the video (wrong names used) was corrected immediately. It was definitely worth it.

Sent on 03/02/2014

Tracey · Married on 09/14/2013

Evan was an increadible DJ- our wedding was amazing and everyone was on the dance floor all night long. He was respectful about our requests but also listened to our guests requests. I felt completely at ease and was so happy with the quality of their service. Diana was great and very professional- I loved the pictures she took and there were so many to choose from. I really appreciated how easy they were to connect to and how they were so accommodating- I would definitely recommend having a plan for the family pictures before the wedding so you don't have to think about it in the moment. I loved that we got three CDs with all the pictures to choose from and that Diana was able to capture all of our important moments plus everyone having a great time. I could not have asked for a better duo!!! Thanks Tracey.and a Joe.

Sent on 11/27/2013

Evan was awesome at our wedding. We filled out his song template and he played all the songs we wanted to hear and guests gave us tons of compliments on our DJ. He did a great job getting people on the dancefloor and coordinating timing of things (bouquet, garter, buffet time, etc.) without being super corny like some dj's. He was great to work with beforehand and we met with him when he was in town to get to know him and just ask some questions. He also made sure that we were happy at the end of the night, and wasn't just in and out like a big chain service.

Sent on 12/03/2013

Molly · Married on 08/17/2013

I would recommend Evan and Diana, to anyone looking to have them make their special day even more amazing. I could not have asked for my big day to go any better. Through the whole process, Evan worked with me, with all my stressful questions ( I like to make sure everything is planned way ahead of time), and was very punctual in making sure I had responses. When we booked them, I submitted it through the computer and had a call back within 5 minutes, I can't ask for better service than that. When it came to my big day, they were there early, and ready to go. I have a big family, some who like to dance and others that would not be caught on the dance floor, Evan had them all on the dance floor dancing all night long, laughing and having a great time. He even got my husband out on the dance floor dancing, who says he can't dance, that his hips don't move lol. I left my big day feeling so happy with the services both Evan and Diana gave us. Our pictures came out amazing and we have a CD of all the wedding photos. Evan also includes a CD of all the wedding songs played (bridal party introduction, first dance, last dance, father daughter dance, etc.) I would recommend them to be anyone's #1 choice. They are affordable and are definitely worth every penny spent.

Sent on 11/27/2013
  • User3492004 · 2+ years ago

Evan and Diana were both awesome! Evan kept the party going all night long and kept people out on the dance floor. He knew what everyone wanted to hear and when they wanted to hear it. I would highly recommend him to be your DJ! Diana was great as well! They both came at the same time so Diana was starting earlier than Evan but since she stayed as long as he did, she kept taking photos even after her contracted time was up. So appreciated! There were a few photos my family didn't get that we wished we had but that was our fault because we didn't have a list of photos that we want - so I would recommend having a list. Both were awesome and professional and they turned around the photos within a couple of weeks. Their value really cannot be beat either. Their price is competitive in this industry so book early and you will save yourself a lot of money and get wonderful results! The online worksheet is very helpful as well! Thanks Evan and Diana!

Sent on 09/13/2013

Cara · Married on 08/03/2013

Evan and Diana are amazing. Diana's talent is exceptional and we are so happy with our photos. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 09/03/2013

I can't say enough about DJ Evan. I have never seen so many people dance at a wedding before. He kept the flow of the night going so well - even helping us keep on schedule a bit which was great since we didn't have a wedding planner. I would recommend him to anyone and everyone - such a positive and easy person to work with and most importantly - gets everyone dancing without being cheesy! Thank you DJ Evan!

Sent on 08/04/2013

H · Married on 07/20/2013

Evan was great! He did an awesome job DJing and accommodated all of our requests, even though some of them were a bit outside the norm. Very professional, and a great value. I would recommend him to absolutely everyone.

Sent on 09/03/2013

We were beyond impressed with Evan's DJ service for our wedding! From his announcing skills to song selections to the custom CD of our wedding music he gave us- phenomenal! Our guests were raving about how awesome he was all night & he certainly kept them on the dance floor. The online planner was wonderful, easy to use. Evan was extremely responsive with any and every question/request! Thank you for making our wedding reception so much fun!

Sent on 07/28/2013