All Ears DJ Reviews

1 User photo

All Ears DJ 1

Rachel · Married on 09/07/2019

Amazing DJ

Mike cochran was an amazing dj for our wedding. From ceremony to dinner to reception he listened to what we wanted and went above that. We never had an empty dance floor. He played all of our must play songs and listened to the crowd to create an amazing playlist that covered the spread of ages.

Sent on 09/21/2019

Shelby Gittemeier · Married on 07/20/2019

Best day ever!

We couldn't have asked for a better day! All Ears DJ/Collin Halliburton was so great to work with. He answered all questions throughout the process and even worked with a family friend, to sing during the ceremony. Everything ran smoothly and the party lasted all night.

Sent on 07/24/2019

Jillian Thonen · Married on 03/15/2019

Excellent Event Vendor

Colin at All Ears was incredibly responsive and helpful in preparing us for our wedding. We loved the option of having an acoustic session for our cocktail hour and our guests were impressed as well. We would highly recommend hiring them for an event.

Sent on 03/18/2019
  • Claire

Claire · Married on 10/20/2018

Hire richard!

I have been to a lot of weddings and I mean A LOT! One of the most important things to my fiance and I for our wedding was the DJ. I am extremely happy to say that Richard is HANDS DOWN the best freaking DJ of all time. He was able to take our eclectic music tastes and make the most wonderful soundtrack to our wedding. We specifically wanted music playing from the moment the guests arrived to the final dance and Richard DELIVERED! Each moment of the wedding was beautifully underscored by Richard, who followed our wishes to a tee. Richard also served as our master of ceremonies of sorts and he was so personable and able to keep the night moving at a perfect pace. Once it was time for the dance party, the floor was PACKED and it never stopped! The last thing I wanted was a sparse dance floor and let me tell you, NO ONE wanted to leave! Thank you thank you THANK YOU, Richard!!! You were so incredible, simply beyond words!

Sent on 02/08/2019
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 10/12/2018

Great DJ and musician

My husband and I are so happy that we hired Richard as a DJ and to play live music during our reception and cocktail hour. He was perfect and just what we were looking for. The music and dancing portion was probably the thing my husband and I cared the most about and Richard delivered flawlessly. Having him play guitar and sing during cocktail hour was such a perfect setting and he is extremely talented as a musician. The songs he picked were perfect for the setting and it was great to have live music. We also knew that we wanted the dancing portion of the evening to last more than 5 hours and Richard kept the party going and the energy up the entire time and played a great range of stuff, while also playing all of our requests. He was great to work with, easy to communicate with and an excellent value. I would happily recommend Richard to anyone.

Sent on 01/06/2019

Annie C · Married on 09/22/2018

All bangers all the time

Richard did an amazing job at our wedding. We did not want a bunch of cheesy party games or call outs at our reception--just someone who would focus on the music and making sure our guests were dancing. We were also looking for someone who would make our ceremony feel special without resorting to a quartet or string ensemble. We looked at several DJs but didn’t really feel a connection with any of them. However, after we listened to Richard’s mixes on his website, we set up a meeting.

We met for an initial consultation and he immediately clicked with both of our musical tastes--hip hop and indie. He was game to play our processional song acoustically for the ceremony. Two weeks before the wedding, we got in touch with him, and he sent over his pre-wedding questionnaire (names, order of reception/ceremony, genres, etc). We added several more specific genres and examples of songs we liked. Richard was extremely accommodating.

The day of the ceremony and reception, he arrived on time and dressed perfectly for the occasion. Our ceremony was outdoors, and unfortunately we had some issues with wind. Richard was very accommodating and suggested a microphone setup that would minimize picking up wind for our officiant and speakers. He nailed the processional song, although it was a little hard to hear over the wind. He also suggested playing a recording of the recessional song instead of doing it acoustically which was a great suggestion. Overall the ceremony went off without a hitch. None of our guests complained about not being able to hear, and all of the microphones worked great off the bat.

Due to the weather, we had to shift the cocktail hour indoors, which Richard was accommodated easily and professionally. He quickly put on an outdoor mix as well as an indoor mix. The volume was perfect and it did not overpower our conversations. Both mixes were spot on--the exact vibe we were going for. We both loved going inside and outside and recognizing songs or artists we put on our list.

Richard was great with announcements. He introduced the bridal party without a hitch. He set us up to borrow the mic for a quick toast and thank you. His dinner mix was on point as well. He hit the exact mood we wanted. Again, the volume was perfect--just enough to be heard, but not hard to talk over.

For dancing, Richard really nailed it. He kept the dance floor hopping the entire night. He did just an impeccable job shifting between various genres and moods without any awkward pauses or floor clearing songs. We had several older guests at our wedding, and we were worried that the music might be too fast, but they were dancing all night long. Richard played a great mix of older and newer songs, and each song just felt like it belonged. He worked in songs we wanted as well as classic ones we didn’t know we wanted to dance to. We trusted him to put on a great show, and he absolutely did not let us down.

Overall, Richard was great to work with. We gave him guidance with our genre and song picks, but let him do his thing and he really nailed it. We asked him for a mix afterwards, and it was great listening back to it. Thanks so much Richard for a memorable time!

Sent on 11/04/2018

All Ears DJ's reply:

Aww ya'll are the best! Thanks so much Annie and Michael, this was a blast and I promise I'll get you that mix mp3 soon! ;)

Amy · Married on 09/15/2018

DJ Kidd was so easy to work with!! We knew he was an experienced DJ so we left a lot of the decision making regarding the music up to him and his ability to read the crowd- and he did not disappoint! Guest of all ages were having fun on the dance floor! We were so happy with the outcome and would 100% recommend!

Sent on 09/18/2018

Kelly · Married on 06/16/2018

Mike did a phenomenal job as our wedding DJ in Lake Tahoe (he drove in from San Francisco)! He seamlessly mixed old-school jazz with modern electronica and kept the dance floor full of happy people from all generations. We really wanted to avoid generic top 40 wedding songs and Mike was able to understand and accommodate our particular tastes. When our friends made silly song requests for a dance-off he made sure that we were ok with the requests before smoothly working them into his set. He arrived with all the equipment we needed for an outdoor reception, including extra gear that we didn't realize we would need until the day of. I would happily recommend Mike and All Ears DJ for any event.

Sent on 06/24/2018

Lauren · Married on 11/04/2017

Stevie and Heidi absolutely put our wedding over the top!!! We were looking for a DJ/Live Musician combination for our wedding to play at both the ceremony and reception and quite a few vendors joked to let us know when we found this “unicorn”. We are happy to say that we definitely did with All Ears! We used a combination of Stevie Cruz and Heidi Gluck and WOW … we could not have been happier!
    Heidi provided the instrumentals and vocals for our ceremony, as well as the first dance and sounded absolutely amazing! We had a few specific songs in mind that we wanted to use and she was flexible and willing to learn if she wasn’t familiar already. She also sent us a couple of recordings of her singing our first dance to both ensure that we were happy with her take on a Frank Sinatra classic (we’re telling you - this girl has talent!) and also to give us an opportunity to practice our first dance.

I don’t even know where to start with Stevie so the first thing I’ll say is if you’re looking for a regular wedding DJ, keep looking because this guy is a professional (literally) and it was obvious to all of our guests! Stevie was so easy to communicate with and extremely responsive to any questions or thoughts that we had for him leading up to our wedding but that doesn’t begin to review his talent that was shown at our reception. Our goal was to have a packed dance floor all night with a reception that felt like a true party (sans those “normal” wedding reception songs you hear like the cupid shuffle, YMCA, electric slide, etc) and Stevie more than delivered! Our guests were all talking about his song choices, how he was mixing songs, and one of the jokes of the night to describe his talent was how he could even make the beat drop in Wonderwall. I wish I threw parties worthy of a DJ on a regular basis, because I would use Stevie EVERY TIME, hands down. He took our favorite genres and absolutely exceeded any expectations we could’ve had!

Sent on 11/19/2017

Meredith · Married on 09/16/2017

Alex Ward with All Ears DJ (Chicago) is simply amazing. I can't brag enough that we had the BEST DJ for our wedding. He was fantastic to work with and really listened/understood what we were looking for. He knew all the songs that would get people dancing, had a great flow of oldies, today's hits, and slow jams, and may sure to work in a few favorites. Our dance floor was never empty, so much so we had to extend the wedding another 20 min because nobody wanted to stop. Thank you for making our wedding so incredible!!

Sent on 11/06/2017

Emily · Married on 05/06/2017

Richard made our wedding the biggest blast we've had in a long time! People are still going on and on about it. He played our requests for "San Francisco" songs during dinner and hit every mark we gave him, but when my Atlanta friends wanted, no, needed Ludacris and Outkast, he delivered. He was chill the whole time and I had zero hiccups regarding the music. Would recommend to anyone!!

Sent on 05/28/2017

All Ears DJ's reply:

Thanks Emily and glad I could bring the ATL to SF!
  • Erica

Erica · Married on 11/05/2016

Richard was seriously the best decision we could have made with regards to music. He worked with us for budgeting, showed enthusiasm with every idea we threw at him, learned a song on acoustic for our recessional, and kept the party going HARD at the reception as both DJ and MC. Everyone - and I mean EVERYONE - was having a blast on the dance floor. It was wonderful being able to work with ONE person for live acoustic ceremony music as well as DJ reception - and he was incredibly flexible with regards to our ceremony and reception being in two locations and managed it very, very well. He was such a pleasure to work with and really listened to who WE were and took cues from our group with regards to music choices (as well as songs we really wanted to hear that night), making our experience really feel like one of a kind. He is an absolute pleasure to know and be around, and we would HIGHLY recommend him if you have the opportunity to work with him!

Sent on 11/30/2016

All Ears DJ's reply:

Thanks Erica, had a blast!

Ashley · Married on 10/08/2016

Richard helped us create the night we were dreaming of. He was very helpful through the entire process and made things fun and simple. During our meeting together we gave him very little direction and mostly put our faith and Richard. It was a success, everybody was dancing all night and had a great time. So much so that people didn't eat as many cupcakes as we calculated because they were having too much fun dancing. He even surprised my husband by sneaking in a Punk Rock song from his favorite band in at the end of the night. We can't recommend All Ears DJ enough and if you choose to use them at your wedding I am sure you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 11/01/2016
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 10/01/2016

I had a difficult time choosing a DJ because I knew that I wanted more than just someone playing various CD's (songs and specific artists). When I read about the various DJ's through All Ears DJ, and especially when I read about Collin Halliburton, I knew I had finally found the DJ to play during my very special day. Collin plays and sings live music and is willing to learn new songs just for you! He played and sang (LIVE) while me and my husband danced our first dance as a married couple. It was so special. Having a mixture of live music mixed in with everything provided my wedding with the touch of class that I was looking for. You cannot go wrong with booking All Ears DJ...Don't forget to request Collin H.
    -Jessica T.

Sent on 10/06/2016

Katharine · Married on 09/17/2016

We danced non-stop all night.
    I am so happy that I made the decision to have Colin DJ our wedding. We hired him to DJ the reception. The only reason we did not have him perform the ceremony music is because we have a family friend who is a pianist. When searching for a DJ, we were looking for someone who understood weddings and had plenty of wedding experience, but who was a real DJ, in an artistic sense. I wanted to feel like I was out on the town with all my best friends and I did not want to be stuck doing the Cha Cha slide and the YMCA all night. I also didn't want the cheese that some wedding DJs have. Facilitate the reception events, read the crowd, and play awesome dance music. We found this in Colin of All Ears DJ.

Colin arrived early to the venue and got to work right away. He went above and beyond the call of duty and helped ensure that the pianist could amplify his sound and that the officiant had sound as well. Once the ceremony started, he held the sheet music down for pianist since he was worried it would fly away. When the ceremony started and the officiant couldn't be heard, he reached over and turned the volume up. These are all things that I had not prepared for and am so grateful that Colin came with a problem-solving, let's-make-this-a-great-day-even-if-it's-not-my-job attitude. I feel like that is a rare quality.

Once the reception started, I heard nothing but compliments about the music. Colin had my husband and I complete a well-crafted reception planner via Google Docs after meeting with him, which helped us communicate clearly with each other. When the dance floor opened for everyone, it stayed full literally the whole night. I never wanted to leave it because every song was so good. It seemed like every time I would step off the dance floor, I would have to run back onto the dance floor because "my favorite" song would come on! All of our guests had such a blast.

I can't thank Colin enough.

Sent on 09/19/2016

tiffany · Married on 07/09/2016

We've been to enough weddings to understand that music can make or break a party. Plus, our wedding was a music-festival-themed one, so we needed a DJ that understands the sound we wanted. Richard was fantastic, and he definitely knew how to throw an amazing party! He has great taste in music and can get everybody dancing. Plus, his MC-ing skills are excellent and made great intros to the various parts of our reception! Thanks Richard! Highly recommended!!!

Sent on 08/10/2016

Absolutely book Richard for your wedding! He was mellow, responsive, fun, professional—everything you could want!

Sent on 07/09/2016

Ariana · Married on 07/03/2016

Richard, Martin, I'm not sure where to start except with thank you. Planning a wedding leaves you in a position of having a lot of problems to solve, a lot of new relationships to build, and a lot of putting your faith in strangers hoping that they'll deliver on what they promised. You both, but mostly you Martin :), exceeded my hopes and expectations beyond what I could have imagined.

In my opinion, music can claim responsibility for at least 80% of any successful wedding. We've all been to the weddings that are beautiful. The ceremony is short. The booze is flowing freely, even the bride's long-winded father has managed to pull off an entertaining speech, and then the music starts. Sure hearing "Celebrate good time come on" blare from the speaker seems like a bad start, but you have faith. This wedding has been too good. The couple thought of every little detail. Surely this wedding will get better. And then it doesn't. People abandon the dance floor with the same level of disinterest that the DJ employed when he downloaded "Best Wedding Playlists of 2016," hit play on his MacBook, and started swiping right on the phone he conveniently placed on the unplugged turntables he brought for show...or at least that's how it seems.

Martin, I can confidently say that you were the MVP of John's and my wedding. When I say this I mean, it would have been a worse wedding had you not been there. Your actions, professionalism, attention to detail, and willingness to do whatever it took to deliver on your promise, made our wedding incredible. It's not JUST that you played amazing music that kept people on the dance floor all night long and offered to play the bad guy when our no play list songs were requested, that's the work of a good DJ. You are a super DJ. You single-handedly managed the evening, moving us from one event to the next because as you correctly assumed, we needed the help. But what makes what you did so important, is that you did it all behind the scenes. Th

Sent on 10/28/2016

Rebecca · Married on 07/02/2016

If you need a DJ, Richard is definitely your guy! He was everything we hoped for and more in a DJ. He was very responsive and on his game during the planning process. He's engaged, energetic yet mellow and definitely knows how to get the party started and keep it going. We couldn't have been happier!!

Sent on 07/11/2016

All Ears DJ's reply:

Thanks Rebecca, was a blast!

LilyAnn · Married on 06/25/2016

Richard was our DJ and he did an amazing job!! From the instrumental and acoustic music before, during, and after the ceremony, to the DJ/MC'ing for the reception, we were very impressed and happy to have chosen All Ears DJ.

Richard met with us before our wedding to go over details and music choices and we felt like he really cared about our special day. He even learned the instrumental version of "Can't Help Falling in Love" for my walk down the aisle. He is talented, professional, and just an awesome guy. Thanks Richard!!

Sent on 06/29/2016

We had an absolutely amazing experience working with All Ears DJ for our wedding in Sebastopol, CA. We did not have a wedding coordinator and we were worried how the wedding would flow without a coordinator but Richard and our other vendors worked seamlessly together. Richard’s music selection was great, he created the right vibe for the night and our dance floor had great energy the whole night. Richard also sang during the cocktail hour and it was a big hit; everyone was really impressed. All night, he had an uncanny ability to keep the wedding on time without being imposing on the guests. More than anything, he made us feel relaxed and able to enjoy our wedding night.

Sent on 05/05/2016

Lindsay · Married on 04/09/2016

I wish there were more stars to give to this company. Jayson Ehm from All Ears DJ was incredible. We booked him for our April wedding just about 3-4 months prior to the big day and we could not be more pleased with how everything turned out. For those that don't feel like reading my novel, just know that you need to look no further for a DJ - you found the best one! Let me give you the run down of how awesome he was.

First, I contacted the general business email and was very promptly given a sweet reply by the company's owner, Richard Gintowt. He informed me that Jayson was available for the big day and he copied Jayson on the email. Jayson almost immediately wrote me back. His email was kind, thoughtful and professional. The booking process was a breeze and their contract was incredibly fair and flexible. Jayson wanted to meet my (now) husband and I almost immediately (since our wedding was so soon) and he drove quite a distance to make it easy on me and my husband. He was easy to talk with, professional, but also super chill! (which was exactly what we wanted). Jayson stayed in regular communication with me and my husband in the months leading up to our wedding. He was quick to reply to emails and was so reassuring to me during my bride freak out moments.

Now for the day of. Jayson showed up a good 2 hours before the wedding to set up and make sure everything was good. We had rain on our day and it was an outdoor wedding so he was super flexible with last minute changes to the plan. We did not have a day of coordinator, so Jayson emcee'd the wedding - this was HUGE! He was not cheesy, or loud or obnoxious (because let's be honest, SO many wedding DJ's are). He made the whole day flow SO smoothly, while also being unassuming (and of course, professional). He did exactly what we requested and it could not have been more perfect. When it came time for party time, he read the crowd so well and definitely got me dancing! Clearly, I highly recommend this vendor!

Sent on 04/26/2016

Richard was amazing during the wedding planning process. He was always quick to respond and worked with us to create a playlist that will be perfect for our wedding. He did a wonderful job the day of the wedding, he made sure to help the event coordinator keep things on time and created the perfect playlist that everyone enjoyed. He has so many things to offer to make your DJ package even better, he can do acoustics on his guitar and add up-lighting if you are interested.

Sent on 09/17/2015

Glad to hear!

Richard did a phenom job at our wedding last week. Our wedding reception was an 80's themed party complete with the outfits to match. Richard rallied and made it to our remote location in Sonoma/Napa forest with time to spare despite the terrible weather and rain. He cranked out the tunes and kept everyone dancing and rocking on the floor! His special wall graphics and uplights were a hit, and we couldn't have been more jazzed! Richard and All Ears is totally rad. Thanks man!

Sent on 03/20/2016

Holly · Married on 10/24/2015

Corey did a fantastic job at our wedding in October. He was super easy to work with and had a lot of helpful suggestions for planning out our music. My husband and I were both wary of ending up with a DJ who was cheesy and over the top (I know we've all experienced those DJs...). Corey did a great job of directing the wedding events without being obtrusive at all. Most importantly, he was spot on with playing music that we liked. I kept thinking I would take a break from dancing as soon as he played a song that I was less excited about but that never happened. We would highly recommend him!

Sent on 12/08/2015