All Around Raleigh DJ Company Reviews

149 | Raleigh, NC

149 Reviews for All Around Raleigh DJ Company

Candice · Married on 03/09/2013

Eric from All Around Raleigh DJ was great. He was our wedding reception DJ and he nailed it. We enjoyed meeting with him a few times before the wedding and had a few special requests that he handled well. We also had a number of difficult-to-pronounce names in our wedding party and he was great with those.

Eric listens to your tastes and caters to them. He was great to work with and we had a number of compliments on our DJ and music. I'd recommend Eric and All Around Raleigh in a heartbeat!

Sent on 04/01/2013

Kristen · Married on 01/12/2013

Eric from all around dj in Raleigh was great. He did a wonderful job at our wedding and helped make it amazing. All of our guests had a great time and they all said the dj was great. He is professional and fun and we are very glad we decided to use him. He was less expensive than some of the other dj companies in the area and did a perfect job. He also did the music for our ceremony. I would recommend him to all brides to be. Thank you Eric for helping make our wedding perfect!

Sent on 03/14/2013

Katie · Married on 08/25/2012

Eric was so professional and fun to work with. He really understood exactly what we wanted for our ceremony and reception and he definitely delivered! Everyone was dancing and had such a fun time at our reception, thanks to Eric! I will defintely recommend All Around Raleigh DJ to any future bride I come across.

Sent on 09/26/2012

Sarah · Married on 08/04/2012

Eric was our wedding DJ several weeks ago. He was awesome! Our guests had many compliments on the atmosphere and music. Eric was laid back, flexible, fun, and responsive. He had great ideas to share, but also allowed us to have control over the intros and playlist. We could not have had a better DJ!

Sent on 08/22/2012

Jason · Married on 06/30/2012

We could not have asked for a better DJ than Eric.

I'm someone who can be a little control freakish when it comes what music plays at my events, and Eric gave me full reign to be as picky as I wanted.

I gave him a list of "must play" songs and a long list of songs that if he was able to work them in, great. Well, I can barely think of a song on either list that he didn't play. Plus, the few times he went off the board were all high quality and similar to the genre we had requested.

Plus, I had a lengthy and strict "do not play" list. And despite pressure from the bridesmaids, he stuck to his guns and honored the list.

I had people who told me it was the best music at a wedding reception they had ever heard, and we have Eric to thank. He kept the party going with smooth transitions and understated yet appropriate work on the microphone when necessary.

If anyone ever asks me whether to hire a band or DJ for their reception, without question, I would suggest they stop fretting over it and just hire Eric.

Sent on 08/01/2012

We loved working with Eric at all around Raleigh dj company! He was so awesome at making sure the night ran smoothly and making sure our guests had a great time. We loved how he made the night interactive with our guests! He also provided fun lights as well and met with us through out the process to get a clear image of our expectations and all of this was at an affordable price! I highly recommend choosing all around Raleigh dj as your dj vendor for you wedding! He is a pleasure to work with and you will be completly satisfied with the service he provides!

Sent on 07/13/2012

Beth · Married on 05/19/2012

Eric was so, so great!!! We had so many compliments on our music and DJ-- he really made the party so much fun. He was very patient with a TON of requests/ demands from my audiophile-groom... and did such a great job of accommodating all of them :) Everyone at the wedding had such a great time, and partied all night! We would recommend Eric to anyone, he is simply the best!!

Sent on 06/10/2012
  • Stacy

Stacy · Married on 04/14/2012

We absolutely loved Eric. We were a little worried about how our reception would go because our families aren't big fans of dancing... but you would never have known that if you were at our reception! We didn't give him much guidance on music, and he knew just what to play to get the dance floor going and keep it crowded. Our bridal party and guests had an amazing time and we are still hearing compliments about how much they loved our dj! He was very attentive to us and and our guests the whole evening.

Sent on 04/29/2012

Matt · Married on 03/09/2012

Eric was awesome. We received a suggestion about Eric and allaroundraleighdj from one of our wedding vendors. My fiance (now wife) and I met with him and were so impressed with his orginization, flexibility and demeanor, we signed up on the spot. He made the planning process seamless and simple. He DJ'd all parts of our wedding and we could not have been happier with his work. Eric was SPOT ON with the music. He was so helpful throughout the evening and exceeded every expectation we had. We would reccommend Eric to anyone and for any occasion. A DJ can make or break and event, and he definitely made our night.

Sent on 04/10/2012

Adam · Married on 11/17/2011

I got Eric's contact info from some former clients of his. I called Eric up, asked a few questions about his business, his costs, his radius of work etc... He responded to all those questions and finished with saying, "I want to be open and honest with all my clients. I do not want to hide anything from them" During our planning time with Eric, never once did he hold back. At the wedding, He showed up on time, set up, and went to work. The wedding went off with out a hitch, then we broke down for the reception. I had had previously given him a small list of artists and songs we wanted played, but for the most part I asked him if he could just keep it clean and family friendly. Eric did everything we asked.
    Eric seems to really enjoy his job. I feel that he comes to work ready to have fun, yet stay professional the whole time. He is willing to work with you, he will contact venue managers to help arrange what he needs, and he will be willing to contact other vendors that you may have involved to coordinate various aspects of your event.
    In all, I was/am very pleased with the job that Eric did.

Sent on 12/03/2012
  • My

My · Married on 11/11/2011

Eric is AMAZING!!! He is so helpful and responsive. He is always there when you need him and always quick to give recommendation. He is so easy to work with and so lay back.

All around Raleigh Dj was everything they promised and more. Great Value!!

Sent on 12/06/2011

Susan · Married on 10/01/2011

Eric did a great job of the music at our wedding. Through the entire night the dance floor was never empty, everyone had a fantastic time and are still raving about it. We couldn’t have done it without Eric!

Sent on 03/06/2012

Faith · Married on 09/23/2011

Eric is without a doubt the best DJ I have ever had the pleasure of knowing! He had our dance floor packed (with every age group!) from the beginning to the end! The planning process was a breeze with his wonderful online tool, and he really took the time to listen and get to know our musical taste. The ceremony was handled perfectly, and dinner music was fun and set the mood for the evening! I have had some many complements on how great the music was. You cannot go wrong with Eric as your DJ!

Sent on 09/30/2011

Mark · Married on 09/17/2011

Eric was absolutely great to work with. His process for helping plan out the program was spot on and he made it easy to contact him, add on or change services. Eric stayed on top of us more than we did with him, ensuring we got all of our song selections and additional info in on time. His pricing was fair and offered flexible packages based on what you liked. He also clearly explains what you get and additional costs if applicable.

In the hectic process of planning our wedding, Eric made this component not only simple, but enjoyable. Not to mention that he is a great DJ as well. We all had a blast at the reception and he was flawless in his execution of the program

Needless to say, I'm actively looking for an opportunity to recommend him to friends and family.

Sent on 12/06/2011

Kacey · Married on 07/30/2011

We highly recommend Eric Hodgden of All Around Raleigh DJ-- he did our wedding last weekend and it was a BLAST! He is so easy to work with and knows how to feel a room and play the perfect song for the moment. He did our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception and it was FLAWLESS. Our guests loved him. Highly recommend!!! Thanks Eric! :)

Sent on 08/12/2011

Jessica · Married on 06/04/2011

Eric did a fantastic job at our wedding last month! He was on time and ready to go with a smile on his face. He is very easy and helpful to work with throughout the planning process too. He was able to successfully get everyone onto the dance floor! He can really see what makes the crowd dance and accommodate. Thank You Eric!!

Sent on 07/20/2011

Rachel · Married on 04/16/2011

Eric did a wonderful job when DJing our wedding. His music planning sheet and the time he took before the wedding to review our music selections, was invaluable. We appreciated his ability to read the crowd, but still remain in the background of the party. He was very professional and we would recommend him to anyone in need of a DJ.

Sent on 07/21/2011

Ashley · Married on 09/10/2016

Michael from All Around Raleigh DJ did an awesome job at our wedding! He listened to what we wanted to hear and let us meet with him 2-3 times before the wedding. He also called me a couple of days before to check in and make sure everything was in place! He was very accommodating to our schedule and I would highly recommend him! He kept people on the dance floor and I could tell everyone was having fun! Eric, the owner, also checked in periodically to see if we needed anything and was super helpful!

Sent on 09/26/2016

Annette · Married on 11/18/2012

He was very professional, friendly, and easy to work with. He did a great job on our big day! I would recommend his services to any bride and groom.

Sent on 12/21/2012
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 03/30/2019

They weren't kidding when they said "You're gonna need a bigger dance floor"

I know their slogan is "you're gonna need a bigger dance floor" and I get it, it's catchy....but it is SO TRUE.
    Eric was our DJ for the evening and our dance floor was overflowing the whole night. To start from the beginning, he provided a lapel mic for our officiant and handheld mic for our reader during our ceremony. He also played light music in the background for cocktail hour and during dinner...these were in two separate spaces and he had the appropriate equipment to set up for both. He was phenomenal as an MC for Jon and I, as well as for the toasts and during the reception. Now to the good stuff...we literally couldn't have kept people off the dance floor even if we wanted to. We were a bit worried as our reception was scheduled to run until 11:30 and neither of us are huge party-ers, so we got the creeping thoughts of "oh no, will people even want to stay that late?" came to mind but that was NOT the case with Eric. He had a helpful planning process, and had lots of ideas when we didn't have a ton of "we absolutely havveeeee to play this" songs...he did what a true professional does and read the crowd, and did a dang good job of it too. While a little pricier than some other local DJs, it was worth every penny!

Sent on 04/21/2019

Gin · Married on 10/01/2017

Eric with All Around Raleigh DJ was fantastic! Not only was he very helpful with the planning process by meeting with us in person and being quick to respond to our emails, but he nailed our music style on the day of the wedding. Eric was also great at feeling out the crowd, knowing when to slow the music down or build things back up. He was flexible in meeting our budget and although their services are a little pricey, it was well worth the money to have an experienced entertainer working with us for our wedding!

Sent on 10/25/2017
  • User6119430 · 2+ years ago

I loved working with Eric! He was the DJ for our wedding reception held at The Boondocks this past June. No awkward silences, or anything inappropriate which was a relief! I've been to a couple weddings where the DJ pretty much ruined the party. My two critiques is that there was one song played that made it a little awkward for the crowd we had ("I'm too sexy for my shirt") and also a Taylor Swift song which I had specified as a "do not play.". However, the good outweighs the bad here, and I would recommend Eric as a DJ!

Sent on 09/27/2016

Jeremy · Married on 11/02/2012

Eric DJ'd both my wedding ceremony and reception. He was easy to work with before the wedding, making himself available, listening to what my fiancee and I wanted and didn't want, and provided some much needed guidance to us when he could tell we were getting overwhelmed. On the day of our wedding, he was on time and appropriately dressed, hit every one of his cues during the ceremony, and even helped set up the venue for our reception. The reception was great! All of our family and friends were out on the dance floor and told us how good they thought Eric was. My only knock on Eric is that he could have done a better job of turning down the music to announce what was going on throughout the night (ex. cake cutting, late-night snack arrival, etc.). Overall, working with Eric was a great experience and I would hire him again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 03/15/2013

1.0
      3.0
      0.5

Eric the DJ was overall a BIG disappointment. Songs requested by bride/groom were not played others like a Rap song about "rape" was played and a total embarrassment and uncomfortable feeling with our more religious guests. The First dance song was NOT the version requested along with the song chosen by the bride for her dance with her 90 yo grandpa. The wedding party was NOT introduced and DJ promised 4 hours of music and played 2 1/2 hours and would only play more for 150/hr ugh. Our guests requested a song that he promised to play then he decided NOT to play and called them all DRUNK which they were not of course. Eric was upset with our overall review and asked how he could make it up to us. We agreed upon a partial refund being that he only played 2 hours of music. He had us drive to his office and talked about nothing and NEVER gave a partial refund back as he promised. I would NOT trust this guy and his sense of following directions seems to be lacking BIG TIME

Sent on 08/22/2016

All Around Raleigh DJ Company's reply:

Hmmm....wow....where to begin! First of all, we are very sorry to hear this. Hopefully our response will stay positive as we believe that our response to the rare negative thing is what makes us great!

Unfortunately, I believe that we got caught up with a situation where Mom overspent on her daughter's wedding and they were attempting to take advantage of the small businesses that provides services for the wedding. I would be happy to show anyone the paperwork and communications and recordings that prove everything here is false. They have done the same thing to the make-up artist, photographer, venue and cake baker. The fact of the matter is that they had a FANTASTIC wedding and I got a big bear hug from Mom at the end of the night right after she said "I'll be referring you!". I was devastated to read this review after we decided to not submit to their demands to return half of the contracted amount or "I will destroy you online".

We wil not stop trusting our clients because our clients have to trust us. We love everyone that we work with.

Thanks so much!!