All Around Raleigh DJ Company Reviews

149 | Raleigh, NC

149 Reviews for All Around Raleigh DJ Company

Timothy · Married on 09/13/2014

Eric was absolutely amazing at our Wedding. His DJ skills are second to none and kept the dance floor busy for the entire duration of the reception. He was more than willing to out of his way to customize the experience and was always checking with us during the reception to make sure it was flowing exactly as we had planned.

Sent on 11/20/2014

Emily · Married on 09/06/2014

Eric at All Around Raleigh DJ was awesome to work with for our wedding. He was very responsive by both phone and email, was open to all our fun ideas to personalize the reception and had great suggestions as well! I would highly recommend him to anyone, especially if you want someone laid back who knows how to throw a killer party!

Sent on 11/21/2014

Alex · Married on 08/30/2014

We were rockin'!

My now wife and I were referred to All Around Raleigh Dj by our venue to be our wedding DJ. Everyone there was absolutely fantastic to work with from the first moment that we talked to them. We weren't really sure what to look for in a wedding Dj but after we made a few phone calls to other Djs the choice to hire them was a no brainer.

Before the wedding: They were quick to respond to e-mail and offer good suggestions for the timing of all of the events and song choices. We didn't really want everything to be just like every other wedding and our Dj really helped make that happen. Our song choices definitely weren't typical and they assured us that everything would be good to go.

At the wedding: He made us a very organized planner and shared it with the other vendors, showed up on time, looked professional and... oh yeah .... had an AWESOME vintage microphone! The whole day was absolutely amazing and everything flowed so well until, all of a sudden, it was the end of the night. I really wish we could do it again!

After the wedding: A LOT of our guests raved about how much fun it was and how good the Dj was. We just got a nice thank you card in the mail after we got back from the honeymoon.

I know that I read a ton of reviews to pick our wedding vendors so if you are reading this then GO FOR IT! Hire these guys and you won't be disappointed!

- Alex and Andrea

Sent on 10/02/2014

My husband and I booked Eric at the last minute, and he was more than willing to work with us. Eric is wonderful to work with and made us feel super comfortable. He listened to all of our requests for what to play and not to play. We would definitely recommend him to everyone for their DJ for any occasion.
    We also used Pose Photo Booth during our reception. It was so awesome and everyone loved it. Each guest got a print out of their photos, but we also got a photo book with a copy of everyone's' pictures.

Sent on 09/10/2014

Eric made our wedding day perfect! He was such fun to work with, offered lots of help when we needed it, and let us have all the input we wanted into our ceremony and reception. Overall, we had a great experience, and everyone at our wedding told us how much they enjoyed his services.

Sent on 06/30/2014

Karen · Married on 05/17/2014

Eric is FANTASTIC! He recently DJ'd our wedding/celebration (5/17/14) - his first for 2 women :o) We met Eric in person and right away knew we had found our DJ...he is personable, knowledgeable, and good looking - the whole package! All of our guests commented about him and the music that evening...he helped us find our first dance song, made announcements and ensured the flow of the evening went flawlessly, incorporated music videos, toasts, and even 'changed things up a bit' to make the entire evening special. We would recommend Eric to anyone for any event. The evening was magical - we are still smiling :o)

Sent on 05/27/2014

Elizabeth · Married on 04/19/2014

I cannot say enough good things about Eric and All Around Raleigh DJ! Eric was a dream to work with, he was easy to get in contact with, flexible, even after changing our wedding location 2 months before the wedding, and open to ideas and suggestions. We got exactly what we had always dreamed of! Everyone had a blast, Eric kept the party going until the very last minute, and now all we can talk about is what type of event we can use him for next! Anniversary party, maybe? I would highly recommend this company to anyone looking for a professional, reliable, honest, and FUN DJ!!

Sent on 04/25/2014

Nichole · Married on 04/12/2014

Living in Raleigh, we planned our wedding to take place in Washington, DC. Eric was all for traveling to DC to be our DJ at the reception. We couldn't have pick a more perfect guy for the job. By the time we arrived at the reception he had to party pumped! We had met with Eric a few times before the big day to go over music choices. He took the best of our taste in music and made it seamless through out the whole night. He also did all our up lighting at the venue and the photo booth. Needless to say the photo booth was a huge hit!! Our guests left with a copy of the photos and we got a set that was put into a book for us! So glad we decided to have this at the wedding. Our guests were so surprised and couldn't stop talking about it. Kelly did a great job keep up with everyone in the booth and making sure it ran smoothly. Well worth the investment of bringing him to DC with us. Such a great couple to work with from start to finish!

Sent on 04/21/2014

Chelsea · Married on 04/05/2014

Eric was great! He was super professional, communicative, and did everything we asked for! We also loved his microphone- it's so cute and retro. He had just the right amount of presence for us- made a few announcements, some cute comments here and there, helped give guests info, but otherwise faded into the background and provided excellent music. He even gave my dad a body mic for his speech before the cake cutting! He has a very upbeat and crowd-pleasing personality too! We loved the service we got, and the price was very reasonable.

Sent on 04/17/2014

Amy · Married on 03/30/2014

All Around Raleigh DJ (aka Eric) added so much to our wedding day experience. Our guests loved him, and my Dad (father of the bride) even made sure to have his picture taken with him. Eric is an incredibly smart, incredibly talented guy who - bonus - is someone you'll want to grab a beer with. His ability to read your taste in music and fill in the blanks is impressive, and it took so much pressure off of my fiance (now husband!) and me when we weren't sure what songs to choose. Eric sent us great song suggestions to listen to while we were making our final choices and he seamlessly tied the entire evening together - from the arrival of our first guest until after my new husband and I had left the building. He managed terrible song requests with grace and kept the party going when it needed a quick boost. My feet were KILLING me by the end of the night, a testament to the endless dance-worthy songs that were played during the reception. If you want to enjoy your night with confidence that your DJ has the evening handled, hire Eric with All Around DJ.

Sent on 04/17/2014

Working with Eric for our wedding was a great experience! He was always professional and quick to respond to our questions. My fiancé and I were on the fence about getting a DJ when we first started wedding planning... we didn't want to end up with someone doing a cheesy DJ/sports announcer voice for every part of our evening. I'm so glad we changed our mind and decided to work with Eric! He did a great job of taking our music likes and dislikes into account, and keeping the evening on schedule in a way that wasn't over the top. We had a solid 3 hours of dancing at our reception and I'm pretty sure most of our younger guests were on the dance floor the whole time.

Sent on 02/07/2015

Elizabeth · Married on 11/08/2013

All Around Raleigh DJ Company came highly recommended to us by a couple that had just gotten married. We were thrilled with the service and quality we received from this company!!! Eric was very professional, organized, and did a wonderful job of catering to all our needs both before the wedding and during the wedding ceremony/reception, not to mention, our guests were THRILLED with him. I would highly recommended this company and Eric for any event as he truly made wedding planning and our big day stress free and wonderful!!!

Sent on 11/19/2013

Rachael · Married on 11/02/2013

Eric was our DJ for our wedding & he did a wonderful job. He was very easy to work with, picked out great music ( I didn't realize how many music choices you had to make in addition to the first dance). We will use him again if we need a DJ!

Sent on 01/13/2014

Laura · Married on 10/26/2013

My husband and I met with Eric of All Around Raleigh DJ over a year before our wedding and we knew at our initial meeting with him that he was our DJ. Eric was very professional; he arrived to our meeting on time and met us in Durham so it would be more convenient for us. He brought an informational packet that included pricing, suggested songs, references, etc.

We met with Eric a week before our wedding so that we could go over timing, our vision, and songs that we wanted or did not want. He was extremely patient with us and open to all of our suggestions...I really feel as though he listened to us and got a good sense of what we wanted during our reception.

Our wedding turned out to be phenomenal...A LOT of this is because Eric worked his tail off and threw us a great party! He was a great MC throughout the evening and played a great variety of music throughout the night. It was important to my husband and I that EVERYONE of all ages felt as though they could dance so Eric played a wonderful variety while keeping our interests in mind. He even went up to tables and asked what they would like to hear and played their suggestions! I can't tell you how impressed and happy this made the older generation at our wedding. When one of our friends was relentless about playing a song on our Do Not Play List, he asked for our permission to play the song....again, just keeping our desired in mind the entire time. Our dance floor was packed the entire night, and this is due to Eric and the wonderful energy he brought to the place.

Not only is Eric a true professional, he is just an outstanding person. He makes you feel like his only customer and always has a big smile on his face. You MUST book him for your wedding if you want a great time at a very reasonable price. I can't say enough positive things about Eric!

Sent on 10/29/2013

Brittany · Married on 10/26/2013

All Around Raleigh DJ Company did an amazing job supplying music and keeping everyone dancing on the dance floor! My now husband and I appreciated the time they spent with us getting to know our taste in music and our vision for our wedding reception. Even two months later we are still getting compliments from our wedding guests about how much they enjoyed the music and dancing!

Sent on 12/22/2013

Kirsten · Married on 09/28/2013

Our wedding reception was perfect. People often have that "just one thing" they wish had gone differently- that isn't the case for us. A big part of what made it perfect was Eric. He communicated very well leading up to the day of- via text and email which was *my* preference. He was always available to call as well.
    During the reception, he kept everything going so smoothly it was incredible. He was adaptable, and there was never a dull moment.
    My mother actually got up and danced. Which I don't think I had ever seen before.
    From the very first communication with Eric, to meeting him, through the reception and even beyond, he was wonderful.
    I don't just recommend All Around Raleigh DJ- I'm telling you that if they are available, you NEED them. Eric isn't just good, or even great- he is the absolute best.
    Thank you so much for everything!!!

Sent on 10/10/2013

Jean · Married on 07/20/2013

Eric was very involved and responsive throughout the entire process. He met with us twice and frequently updated us via email. He arrived a little earlier than agreed, executed every single stage of the reception the way we had requested, and took requests from the floor by our guests. It was a fabulous reception and he moved things along flawlessly. Would use him or recommend him again any time.

Sent on 10/11/2013

Elizabeth · Married on 06/22/2013

TIM IS THE MAN!!!! We had a wonderful time dancing at our wedding. The music was just what we wanted. We gave Tim a list of songs we wanted for each special song and he made it perfect. He even started our introduction song perfectly to match up with a video we had playing right before we entered. I made changes the night before the wedding, but didnt phase Tim. My husband and I won thier photo contest to get a free wedding DJ (So thanks goes out to Eric, The Owner.) Eric helped us get in contact with our DJ Tim for winning the contest. Eric did a great job keeping in contact with us, even though Tim was our DJ. He wanted to make sure it was perfect for us. Also even though the company was providing the DJ for free they made it perfect. We selected to get the extra light package and glad we did. It made the dance floor lots of fun. So glad we had Tim as our DJ. He is professional and fun. : )

Sent on 07/26/2013

Kim · Married on 05/24/2013

Eric was a wonderful DJ.
    I would give him a 10 on flexibility. We were married at the beach and for anyone that has every tried to have an outdoor event, especially at the beach, knows that you are at the mercy of mother nature.
    Eric was great about how our plans changed a few times during the day.
    He made the evening fun and enjoyable.
    I would highly recommend him for any event.
    Thank you Eric for being so accommodating and flexible on our big day.

Sent on 10/30/2013
  • Amber

Amber · Married on 05/11/2013

My husband and I chose Eric to help us with both our wedding ceremony and reception. We really enjoyed working with him. He was especially helpful in the planning process. His planning tools made it simple for us to decide what songs we wanted to play and when. We are big music lovers so we had a very broad array of songs we did and did not want to hear and he was very understanding. We felt comfortable turning the controls over to him on our big day, and he kept the day rolling smoothly from beginning to end without seeming too robotic. We are big fans of his and would recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 07/15/2013

Chad · Married on 05/04/2013

We can not speak highly enough about Eric and All Around DJ. Eric was extremely professional throughout our entire planning process. We met three times leading up to our wedding and things were flawless for our wedding and reception. The reception music was great and our wedding guests remained on the dance floor throughout. Our only regret is that we did not write this review sooner. We would definitely recommend All Around DJ to anyone looking for a great DJ at a very reasonable price.

Sent on 04/30/2014

Michael A. · Married on 04/13/2013

Eric was referred to us by a local caterer in our area. She had been to a wedding (as a guest) that he DJ'd and was really impressed so we decided to meet with him. The first thing we noticed about Eric was his promptness and professionalism. During the planning process, he did things when/how he said he would and was always quick to answer our calls and emails. He was always flexible and even met w/ us at our venue a few times to make sure his setup was ideal for our specific needs and wants.

Although planning a wedding can be super chaotic and stressful, we knew that on our wedding day the last thing we had to worry about was our DJ. Eric's music knowledge is vast but we think what sets him apart is how he uses that knowledge for the job on hand. He took artists/bands/songs we liked and mixed that with more popular songs and kept our guests on the dance floor all night long. He has super cool equipment too! Classic stand mics (for speeches and toasts) that look straight out of the '50s and an inconspicuous DJ table w/ his computer and mixing equipment. All of our guests raved about Eric and his abilities and we've already referred his company to multiple friends and family members!

Overall, we couldn't have asked for a better experience from a musical perspective and we wouldn't hesitate a second to recommend Eric for your DJ-ing needs!

Sent on 12/28/2013

Eric was phenomenal to work with. He provided his MC and DJ services during our wedding reception.

Planning: We planned our wedding from a long-distance, so we primarily met with over the phone. It was amazing how he read our tastes in music from our discussion. My fiance (now husband) and I were a challenging couple in that we didn't really have a great idea about what we wanted in music, timing, etc until VERY late in the planning the process. Eric was very flexible-- never pushy, but provided great suggestions and planning tools that helped us better articulate what we were looking for!

During the Reception: Eric was a great MC-- he was never cheesy or intrusive, but very clearly communicated everything. He coordinated with all our vendors on the timing of all the events-- gave us warnings on upcoming toasts and decisions that were coming up so that we wouldn't be caught by surprise! For instance, when we were running a little behind, he gave us the head's up that the photographer would be leaving so that we could extend our photographer's time and start the events like cake cutting and speeches! He set a great pace for the night, and everyone had a great time.

The music was a good mix of everything-- there was something for everyone. Our guests had so many compliments on the music selection! The music was so fun-- we danced all night! Once the music started, the dance floor was always full-- it was blast.

Our venue was slightly challenging from an acoustics standpoint-- there were several rooms, and Eric set up speakers so that each room had a speaker and that everyone could hear. Many of our guests had been to wedding receptions at our venue before and had previously been challenged to hear the toasts and speeches, but we heard many comments and compliments on the work that Eric did to make sure that everyone felt included.

Eric made our wedding reception a great time for everyone, especially us.

Sent on 04/19/2013

Lori · Married on 04/05/2013

Eric was fantastic through our whole wedding planning and the actual event! He kept our crowd moving, was right on cue with the timing for events throughout the reception (cake cutting, garter toss, ect). He was so accessible, and made my experience planning so much easier. Any question, thought, concern I had, he was there to answer and helped guide us through the whole process. What I thought was going to be impossible to plan, seemingly fell together. Any future brides that need a dj, Eric would be the only recommendation I ever give!

Sent on 04/15/2013
  • Neal

Neal · Married on 03/23/2013

My fiance and I signed with Eric when we first met him at a wedding show. We are not the impulsive type, but having priced out DJs and learned what to look for, his pricing was fair and we had a feeling that he knew what he was doing. He educated us from the beginning but also made some correct assumptions about what we would like and what would work for us.

As it turned out, my wife and I made an excellent impulse decision at that wedding show. Eric met with us and walked us through what to expect. He also gave us some important tips both regarding the DJ component of the wedding as well as other wedding considerations.

Next we met with Tim Stanley, who carried the torch from where Eric left off until the moment we made our grand exit from our wedding party. During the reception, Tim kept the party going with games, lighting, time management, and even dance choreography. I was especially impressed with his ability to entertain guests of every age. And he did this all seamlessly and while checking in with my new wife and I to ensure we were happy with the process.

In the end, we enjoyed a worry-free and fun filled night for our friends and family; which was what we hoped to achieve when we selected them.

While I can't speak for other members of the All Around Raleigh DJ crew, the work that Eric and TIm did gives me confidence that the whole outfit is run professionally and to the highest standards. Expect the best and go with All Around Raleigh DJ!

Sent on 04/28/2013