All About You Celebrations, LLC Reviews

• Jenn

Jenny P. · Married on 05/22/2021

Phenomenal.

Kate was simply amazing.
    We reached out to her more than a year before the wedding, and since the day we hired her, she was always available for questions, even when technically she was only obligated to work for the "Day of" as our day of coordinator.
    She went absolutely above and beyond for us and never pushed us to make decisions we were not comfortable with. Kate knew the Shelbyville area very well (which was where our wedding was held) and was able to share her experience in the area regarding the weather and...cicadas!
    On the actual day, she brought with her, her assistant, Courtney. She was so professional and very helpful.
    As a bride who just got married, if I suggest one thing you *have* to absolutely invest on for your wedding is, is a day of coordinator. You can plan the most immaculate wedding but if you don't have anyone to help execute it on the day of, you'll never be able to enjoy your wedding day. I never had to worry about a single thing on our wedding day, all I had to do was, enjoy.

I 100/10 recommend All About You Celebrations.

Thank you so much Kate and Courtney. Thank you making our day so easy and special.

Sent on 05/26/2021

Jessica L. · Married on 05/07/2021

She did a great job with coming in in the middle of planning

We were in the middle of planning our wedding and she stepped right in and helped us be less stressed. She took initiative to make sure we had a very smooth wedding

Sent on 05/28/2021
  • Ashley

Ashley L. · Married on 06/05/2020

Loved working with AAYC as another Vendor!

I'm a wedding photographer and I recently worked with Lauri from All About You Celebrations. She did an awesome job making sure there was enough time in the timeline for photography. She also did an amazing job setting up the decor and keeping things organized.

Sent on 06/02/2019

Cassandra · Married on 05/18/2019

The best wedding decision we made!

My wedding went off without a hitch, all thanks to Lauri who was an absolute dream to work with! She paid attention to all of the little details, kept my stress levels low and had amazing resources (like the vintage car we made our exit in!). She made my husband and I feel so at ease and made sure everything was exactly how we wanted it, on top of juggling all of our vendors and day-of timeline. I couldn't be more grateful for her hard work and positive attitude to help make our day everything we dreamed of and more!

Sent on 06/13/2019
  • Amber

Amber · Married on 09/03/2017

Katie was wonderful to work with as our day of coordinator. Our venue, unfortunately was 5 hours away from home, but Katie was willing to meet with us halfway to ease the traveling. Not only that, but she was easy to keep in contact with, either by phone or email. But that moment that out shines the rest was the actually wedding day. There was a hiccup with our food options and she was able to get an extension on our time and have the venue pay for the DJ to stay longer. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a day of coordinator.

Sent on 10/05/2017

Amrik · Married on 06/09/2017

Kate was great and helped out alot in getting our wedding done the way we wanted it to. She helped us find vendors we wouldn't have known about and were alot cheaper than their better known peers - but were just as good or better. She definitely saved us money, time, and effort and we were lucky to have her help us for our wedding.

Sent on 09/29/2017

Sarah · Married on 10/07/2016

Kate was absolutely fabulous! I've recommended her to everyone I know who is getting married. She is the utmost professional and goes above and beyond to make sure that every detail is in place for the big day. She was truly a joy to work with and was always responsive. Kate also has a great network of folks that she works with. Definitely recommend her for your event planning needs.

Sent on 10/16/2017

Donella · Married on 05/21/2016

Kate is dedicated to making this unforgettable moment everything and more. She can handle the rain, a vendor that does not make commitment and any last minute request made by family. Insistent the bride gets to enjoy her day, she will walk you down the path to understanding the requirements of planning a wedding and remain honest and sincere in the process.

Sent on 08/15/2016

Lynda · Married on 10/31/2015

I cannot begin to describe how amazing Kate is! She walked us through everything and helped keep us organized throughout all the chaos and confusion of wedding planning. She kept me sane through the process and made what was stressful into something really fun. I have no idea what we would have done without her. I had no idea how much went into planning the wedding and she took most of the burden off my shoulders. She kept everything flowing smoothly through the rehearsal dinner and through the ceremony and reception. It would have been a chaotic mess without her. I am forever grateful for her help! Hire this awesome lady for your wedding now, it’ll make things so much easier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 11/01/2015

Krystal · Married on 04/26/2014

Kate was AMAZING!!! We hired her about 6 months in advance to help with planing our wedding & she went above & beyond what was expected! She was always prompt & helpful. On the day of our wedding she made sure that everything was seamless & everything was perfect! As a bride, I was soooo glad that we found her!

Sent on 05/26/2014

Our experience with Kate was fantastic! She is passionate, caring and professional, qualities that you want in someone whose hands you are trusting on one of the most important days of your life. I thought I would be able to handle the planning process on my own, and I did, up until about 4 weeks before the wedding, I just couldn't see how everything was going to come together the day of. Kate was so easy to work with and truly cared about us as a couple, and made certain our day went the way we wanted it to. Kate went above and beyond what we asked and helped to make our wedding day exactly what it needed to be...perfect! I would highly recommend her to any bride that needs help through the entire planning process, or one that just needs the final pieces put together at the end.

Sent on 02/21/2014

Sarah · Married on 09/07/2013

If you have been searching for help, about to pull your hair out, feel lost, and about ready to scream, stressed out, and wondering.."Where do I start?" Let me point you to Kate, and ALL About You Celebration's.
    I started with finding a "The" dress. A simple, classic elegant one, and from there, I had the theme.
    But being on a small budget, working full time, and caring for a family, I felt overwhelmed.
    All About you Celebrations is ran by my friend, Kate, not only was she my Bridesmaid, but also the calm voice in "My" storm. I had a vision, I knew the details, but with her natural instinct, and deeper insight, on the day of my wedding, I walked into an absolute dream, one I had an idea of, one she brought to reality.
    She has a calmness about her that no matter the small creases', she just smiled and said, Alright, and it was alright..She brings with her a professionalism, a love of what she does, respect for the person, and works with people on ANY Budget.
    Do I recommend her? A 5 Star rating is not enough.

Sent on 09/29/2013

Melissa · Married on 08/25/2013

I can't even find the words to explain how great Kate was and still is. We had less than 30 days and a small budget and she helped ( pretty much did it all ) pull off a beautiful , perfect wedding and reception. It was way better than we expected. She was always on top of everything . She on her own found everything we want wanted at great prices . If it weren't for her we would have lost our minds and ended up with everything being a disaster . Her buisness is small but her help is huge. We were blessed to be able to have had her. She put up with a lot of mind changing and crabbiness from my daughter and remained calm, patient and very kind. Not only did we find a great wedding planner, we also got to know her on a personal level and now she is a very close friend to us...We love you Kate ! Thanks for saving the day and we are blessed to call you our friend !

Sent on 09/09/2014

Jennifer · Married on 04/21/2013

Kate was an absolute dream to work with! I tried to do everything by myself, but caved about a month before the wedding and hired Kate to help pull everything together and handle those last-minute details. She graciously worked with our tight budget and performed above and beyond what we expected. She jumped in right away, listened to every incessant worry we had, and even had advice on matters we never thought of. She pulled together a very detailed day-of timeline (and made sure we stayed on time that day), spoke with and organized everything with our vendors, and genuinely made our wedding day be as perfect as it could be. I was able to let go of full control and enjoy my day. I had complete faith in Kate and she handled everything beautifully. Any time I had a freak-out and needed her she was right by my side and calmed me right away. I am so grateful for everything she did for us- our venue was decorated beautifully (even though I didn't have as much time as I thought I would have to oversee decorations, I didn't even need to be there- Kate somehow made everything come together beautifully)- and she handled every snafu for us (I'm sure there is even more that happened that we never knew about because she handled it for us). Kate was everything we needed- she was warm, generous, organized, understanding, gracious, professional. I will be forever grateful for her!

Sent on 04/28/2013

Caitlin · Married on 03/16/2013

Kate was absolutely wonderful to work with!!! She went above and beyond what I thought a wedding planner would do!! She was full of wonderful ideas on how to stay in budget and set us up with some AWESOME wedding vendors! Whenever I had a question or needed to bounce an idea off her she was there via text, phone or email! She was beyond professional and organized! I was so blessed to have her be a part of my special day! She was a calming force that really kept me on track and focused and beyond that was a great friend and supporter for over a year ! If you need an event planner I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND HER!!!

Sent on 06/25/2013
  • I

Irina · Married on 07/03/2011

Kate is very efficient, professional, and amazing! She was able to decorate our venue and keep our day flowing smoothly. She stayed on top of our vendors to make sure they did their job. We wouldn't have done it without her. Her services are very affordable and excellent.

Sent on 07/14/2011
  • W

Wayne · Married on 11/11/2006

Kate has a extraodinary gift in transforming a trainwreck of a celebration into the WONDERFUL day it is supposed to be. I dont believe anyone can do the job as well as what she did on my wedding day.

Sent on 07/04/2013

Beth · Married on 10/09/2015

Kate did a wonderful job! We couldn't have done it without her. She was very quick to respond, and on top of everything. She was very receptive to ideas and made sure that we were able to speak our minds about what we truly wanted. The wedding day was wonderful and went off without a hitch. She made sure we had food packed away for us at the end and all other small little details that we would have forgotten were taking care of. She helped make our day perfect and we can't thank her enough!

Sent on 11/03/2015

Kate went above and beyond to to make our day flow well. We had a very large wedding and Kate did the best she could to make everything work for us. Would definitely recommend to any other brides to be out there!

Sent on 08/29/2013

4.2
      3.5

We only needed Kate for the day of and she did fantastic. I felt no stress that day and I don't think my mom did either and that was my whole goal. There were a few bumps but that is to be expected. You can tell she loves what she does and that is important. She was very helpful before with suggestions and helped us stay organized.

Sent on 10/21/2015

Delia · Married on 09/01/2013

2.5
      3.0

All and all the event planner did well... My input/critiques below is to hopefully help the planner with her future wedding contracts. I had provided the planner an extensive excel spreadsheet to insure all "details" were to be followed, kept the time as TBD for planner to decide/plan her execution but some details were missed especially on the "early morning setting up". Time management is very important factor to pull everything off and this might have been lacking/rushed from the early part of the event since majority of the stuff missed were the once needed done initially...

The following are some of the stuff that were very important to me that were missed:
    • burlap/lace table runner was obviously placed “inside out” on ceremonial barrel...
    • cake on barrel table, still have the same table runner “inside out”.
    • food serving tables that should have the floor length table covers did not get them.
    • guest tables that was supposed to have lap length table covers did not get them.
    • Table name tags were hanged with the pictures
    • Table name tags were requested to be hanged on a separate rope per spreadsheet.
    • Picture on Easel was not displayed until I had asked where it was.
    • Un-expected candles during ceremony, everyone were so confused of the last minute candles placed on chairs. I would say, this was the most obvious thing that went wrong/distracted during the whole ceremony -- since guests asked what that was all about. Surprised everyone!

It is "all about details" for me and sorry some were missed... All and all the wedding still turned out fairytale perfect with the weather and the floating lanterns... Kate-- thank you for your service and I wish you all the best on your future weddings...

Sent on 10/01/2013
  • Devan & Michael

Devan M. · Married on 05/31/2015

0.4
      0.5

This woman totally ruined our wedding! She fought with the DJ and my other vendors,disappeared as we were starting the wedding entrance so we did not know when to go,closed down the reception early and failed to look over the contracts closely enough to avoid things like not having enough staff to clean up. My family had to clean everything up! Yes my family was there to help but that was intended only for carrying heavy objects. Don't risk your wedding with this woman! Yes she is less expensive but that is for a reason. There were so many important details she neglected that the day was not enjoyable at all. I have a hard time believing the good reviews she has received. She was so unprofessional our venues may not work with her again so you should check first to she if she is even allowed at your venue before hiring her. Also because my mother was working so hard before the wedding, she did not have time to help me get ready. We have almost no photos of us because she was working the entire wedding and reception doing Kate's job. This woman has all kinds of excuses but bottom line is she dropped the ball and did not do anything she promised. If she was a person with any integrity that stood by her work,she would refund her fee since she really didn't do anything but cause a lot of pain and heartache. Let me say once more, she ruined our day!!! I only gave .5 of a star because I had to. wish it could have been lower.

Sent on 11/05/2015

All About You Celebrations, LLC's reply:

The client hired me to be a day-of coordinator. We met three times prior to the wedding and during the set up. I did way more and worked longer hours than my contract stipulated. I bused tables and washed glasses. I packed all the 22 tables of 8-piece centerpieces. They hired all their vendors before hiring me. I was given copies of all but the caterers contract. I reviewed all contracts with the client and any potential issues were resolved in advance. There is much more to this story, more than I have room for here. I gave the client options which may have resulted in a more positive outcome. They did not accept any of the options I gave them. The saddest thing, is the client cannot see the joy in the fact that two young people, so in love and devoted to one another got married in the eyes of God, their family and friends. If you are reading this and would like more information, I will be happy to answer any questions directly.