Aliso Viejo Country Club Reviews

71 | Aliso Viejo, CA

71 Reviews for Aliso Viejo Country Club

Chanel · Married on 08/20/2011

Chrislynn is awesome to work with! Aliso Viejo Country Club did a amazing job with our wedding, we couldn't have asked for a more beautiful wedding! I highly reccomend!

Sent on 09/06/2011

Alex · Married on 07/28/2018

Aliso Viejo Country Club is a beautiful venue, and an overall great space for our wedding ceremony and reception. Our ceremony was outdoors, right next to the reception site. The only drawback was that for our afternoon wedding the sun was shining directly my eyes. Otherwise the ceremony space was very nice, with a great view behind the bride and groom. The bride’s entrance can be done down a staircase, which was pretty epic. The reception was inside – food was excellent, and the space is very classy. Seating for 120 people was very comfortable, and there is plenty of room for a dance floor. The event coordinators, Chantal and Carrie, were hugely helpful, nice, and patient. We really appreciated their help along the whole process!

Sent on 08/20/2018

Daniel · Married on 08/27/2016

Without a doubt, the 100% best choice we made for our wedding was to have our ceremony and reception at the Aliso Viejo Country Club. Marley was our contact with them and exceeded all of our expectations. No detail was left to chance with her and her staff and our big day was a huge success in every way because of this venue. Specifically, when taking all of the different things into account when it comes to picking a wedding venue, AVCC was head and shoulders above the rest in every category; price was right, food was great, plenty of options to choose from from outdoors to indoors, colors to decor, you name it, Marley made it happen. Zero headaches or stress and my wife and I cannot recommend more strongly that you visit and take in the awesome views and atmosphere that this venue has to offer. Once you are there and get a chance to meet with Marley and or anyone on her team, you will know this is place for you. If you are in the market, get down to AVCC before your date is taken!

Sent on 09/24/2016

Stan · Married on 09/19/2015

Knew this was the venue as soon as we started touring the property. The wedding team (Marley and Jordan) was professional and worked with us (and our own wedding planner) to customize our wedding package. We just had to make sure to maintain updated agreements and to track all contract deadlines (e.g. head/meal counts). On the day of, the wedding team and staff made sure we didn’t have to worry about anything except showing up. Lastly, the ceremony and reception areas were beautiful, which made for great pictures and a welcomed escape for us and other family from LA.

We kept the total wedding budget around $20,000/+ for 100/+ guests. We booked a Saturday night in September with an outdoor ceremony on the 10th tee (altogether 5pm-10pm excluding set-up/clean-up; we could come as early as 2pm to get ready). Even though the course was open during the ceremony, there weren’t many golfers and the few who were playing were very welcoming. No one, employee or member, ever made us or any of our guests feel like we were intruding on their space.

The entire second floor of the building was dedicated to the cocktail hour and reception. Our customized wedding package included, among others, a full bar, chicken/beef/veggie meal options, 2 additional appetizers, and taco bar. Venue didn’t provide dessert, DJ, or flowers, but had no restrictions on vendors and were able to offer a list of trusted vendors in the area.

Aside from the fact that it’s a beautiful place, what made the venue special for us was the wedding team and staff. They made their love for weddings known and, at times, it felt like they cared more about our wedding day than my husband and I did. They were invested. When our youngest flower girl decided she wanted to stray from the walking path, they laughed along with our family. Before I walked down the aisle, they gave my dress a once over to make sure all was in place. And at the end of our ceremony, they seemed as happy for us as anybody we invited.

Sent on 11/07/2015

Sandra · Married on 10/04/2013

Extremely satisfied with this venue for our wedding. It was a pleasure working with staff to make this a memorable and beautiful wedding.

Sent on 11/19/2013

LINDSAY · Married on 09/30/2012

Gorgeous venue, top quality food and service! Chrislynn was awesome and very helpful to work with through the entire process

Sent on 12/17/2012
  • Ann

Ann · Married on 07/30/2011

The AVCC did my reception only.

Sent on 06/06/2012

Alexandra · Married on 10/15/2016

The Aliso Viejo Country Club was an ideal location for our magical wedding. I loved how the wedding ceremony backdrop is a gorgeous view of the valley and I was hooked the moment I saw the reception location. I loved how it felt homey while still being elegant. I wanted our wedding to be stunning but laid back enough to feel like a fun family gathering, which it was. The area for both bridal parties to get ready are spacious, mostly private, and ideal for any size group. I loved all the food options they gave us for the reception dinner and everything turned out so good!

Marley was nothing but accommodating with anything that I asked for the wedding. She helped us with our menu, rearranging the seating charts, and basically everything the day of. She was kind enough to hold my hand with my endless questions about what would make the most sense for the kind of wedding I wanted. The first wedding I have been in was my own so she really helped me understand how to best manage everything. I am so glad I had her as a resource and she helped create such an amazing day. We still get compliments about the food and one of my bridesmaids is having her sister check out the venue for her own wedding. The service staff was absolutely incredible and took care of everything before I could even ask. They boxed up the top tier of our cake and the grooms cake without us asking and had everything ready for us when we wanted to leave. My dad was so impressed with their attention to detail and aid in helping us set up and take down the decor we had brought. It was such a perfect day and I am so grateful for the venue for creating the exact wedding that I wanted and creating the perfect first day of our married life! Thank you Thank you Thank you! <3

Sent on 10/26/2016

Kiley · Married on 08/27/2016

Go book your wedding with Marley and the staff of AVCC because they were truly meant to do what they do. Some people and places are just made for this kind of thing! Our wedding was every thing we asked for and the food was something people were talking about long after. Thanks Chef!

Sent on 10/14/2016

Arthur · Married on 04/30/2016

Marley Elliot and the rest of the staff at Aliso Viejo Country Club are truly top notch. They were extremely professional and very considerate. The venue itself was beautiful. We had an April wedding and could not have asked for a better site to host our wedding. The temperature was in the low 70's. There were blue skies, scattered clouds, and the roses were just coming into bloom. Aliso Viejo Country Club offers tremendous value for a premium venue and after visiting over a dozen venues in Southern California, my wife and I decided to come back here. If we were to do it all over again, this would still be the spot!

Sent on 09/27/2016

Dustin · Married on 06/27/2015

We had our wedding here in June; it was amazing to say the least. Marley, the event director, was absolutely amazing to work with and helped coordinate everything we wanted. The venue is beautiful and barely needs any additional decor (we got a lot of compliments on venue itself, the views, the location).

We had our ceremony outdoors on the lawn, and it was just so romantic. Everything flowed very smooth thanks to the coordination of AVCC and our vendors.

For the price, I believe it is one of OC's best-kept secrets for weddings. :)

Sent on 07/07/2015

Aliso Viejo Country Club's reply:

Aw thank you for the wonderful review Dustin & Allison! You two are such a perfect couple and we were all so delighted to be a part of your special day; we hope for the absolute best for you two!!! XOXO Marley

Stephanie · Married on 01/31/2015

Our wedding here was the most beautiful and wonderful day of our lives! The location is gorgeous, both inside the building and out around the golf course. The event coordinators and other staff members were quick to assist or communicate in every situation. We girls enjoyed getting ready in the ample space provided in the womens' locker rooms. During the reception my dad and friends enjoyed cigars out on the balcony overlooking the golf course and Saddleback mountains. The food was delicious. Parking was easy. They are flexible about timelines, vendors, decorating, etc. This was a perfect decision for our special day! I highly recommend the Aliso Viejo Country Club for any sized wedding or special event.

Sent on 05/28/2015

Aliso Viejo Country Club's reply:

Aw thanks for the wonderful review Stephanie! We are so happy that we got to be a part of your special day; we hope for the absolute best for you two!!!

XOXO
    Marley

Our daughter and son-in-law were married here in the evening and it was absolutely beautiful. The views are spectacular. i had people comment on the pictures we took, saying they look like they're from a magazine.

Sent on 10/13/2013

Alesha · Married on 04/21/2013

I had a WONDERFUL experience and would highly recommend Aliso Viejo Country Club for any event. Marley and Chrislynn were so helpful, thorough and supportive. The only snafu was an issue with bar management during my wedding but upper management did a nice job of handling the final bill issue and I felt the end result was fair.

Overall the location is breath taking and the customer service was impressive. When my budget was dramatically reduced, Chrislynn helped me to create a package that fit my new budget and maintained the elegance of my wedding.

My wedding day was the best day of my life and am so pleased we experienced it at Aliso Viejo Country Club.

Sent on 01/28/2014

Bella · Married on 04/22/2017

Marley at Aliso Viejo Country Club was extremely flexible, and we truly felt like the company cared for our experience and how we will feel on our wedding day. We are so excited for our April 2017 wedding at Aliso Viejo Country Club!!

Sent on 09/26/2016

Jason & Lorin · Married on 05/25/2013

My husband and I were having such a hard time finding a venue that fell, even somewhat, within our budget yet still encompassed the beauty we were looking for. We came across Aliso Viejo Country Club unexpectedly and randomly. Thankfully we looked into it because our wedding day was everything we could have ever wanted AND more! Oh and did we mention completely affordable?! The staff is amazing (especially Chrislynn, she is a rock star and does everything in her power to make your day exactly the way you want it). The scenery and ambiance is absolutely beautiful and is very flexible to any theme any couple could ever envision! The food (which is always a risk at any venue) was to die for! All of our guests were raving about it and still talk about it today! The entire day was just perfect and everything went so smoothly! Anyone planning a wedding (even with a stricter budget) definitely check out this venue, you will not be disappointed!!!

-The Van Leeuwen's :)

Sent on 09/15/2013

Diem · Married on 03/23/2013

After looking at about 15 different venues, we stumbled upon Aliso Viejo Country Club. It was a recommendation from my MOH’s doctor who also got married there! So we went and checked out the venue. The moment we got there, we knew we wanted to get married at the venue. The venue itself is gorgeous! Add that with the view and the package they offer, we couldn’t let the opportunity slip away! The best part was that you had the whole second level to yourself for your wedding! The service is great and the food is phenomenal! I was a little nervous about signing the contract without tasting the food but once we did, we were so excited and happy! They were very accommodating. Chrislynn, the event coordinator, truly wanted to make your day special and really worked with you on making that happen. We had an incredible day! Thank you Chrislynn, Marley and everyone that helped make that day so special!

Sent on 04/15/2013
  • User2820317 · 2+ years ago

4.2
      3.0

Chrislynn and Marley of AVCC are wonderful to work with, very helpful and flexible. The venue was set up beautifully for the wedding, everyone was happy with the food, and everything ran smoothly on the day. As a full-time professional, trying to plan my wedding in lunch-breaks and on weekends, sometimes it was a bit hard to get in touch with the ladies, so I found it frustrating, but when you do get a response, all is great. AVCC is a wonderful venue for a tasteful outdoor ceremony and fantastic, fun reception. I definitely recommend them.

Sent on 01/13/2014
  • Brianna

Brianna · Married on 04/29/2017

2.4
      2.5
      1.5
      3.5
      3.0

I wish that I could say our experience was exceptional but it was far from it. We originally booked with Marley in March 2016. She was kind, helpful, enthusiastic, energetic, and the list goes on and on. Unfortunately, she left the company. We were then introduced to Alyssa in December 2016. This was right around crunch time as it was only 4 months until our wedding. Things that Marley had told us suddenly changed as we had a new coordinator. Alyssa was not nearly as kind, helpful, or enthusiastic. We stopped asking her questions and went straight to the events director, Becky, as she was more responsive and knowledgeable. We understand that Alyssa was new but it is her job to be knowledgeable. She misquoted us prices several different times. That was quite frustrating. We were so overwhelmed with everything, especially Alyssa's lack of knowledge, that we hired an outside day-of coordinator. I am glad we did. We met with Alyssa the week of the wedding to make the last payment and finalize all of the details. It was then that she asked about our vendors and a timeline. A little late, don't you think? We referred her to our day-of coordinator who fortunately had everything put together. We had the wedding rehearsal the day before the wedding and it was then that Alyssa told us she would not be coordinating the entire wedding. She basically left everything to her assistant after the ceremony. We had our ceremony at 4:30 in the evening and it was beautiful. We had originally booked the venue because of the beautiful scenery and because they had told us that they host only one wedding per day. Well, that's not exactly how it was. There was only one wedding at the country club but there was another right next door at the Aquatics Center which shares the golf course with the country club. Because of that, our pictures on the course were rushed. We had only 30 minutes to get all photos done. So disappointed. Not nearly enough time. After that, the reception went smoothly.

Sent on 06/06/2017
  • Kylie

Kylie · Married on 07/09/2016

0.5
      0.5

We chose AVCC for its value, namely for the inclusive brunch wedding package. While the day was beautiful, the AVCC staff was disappointing. First, the positives: The venue includes a spacious reception space and picturesque ceremony lawn - complete with sweeping views of the mountains. Our guests largely enjoyed the location and the delicious food prepared onsite. My husband and I had a wonderful day - but this was because of the amazing help of family and friends who stepped up the day of, NOT thanks to the AVCC staff or coordinators. My coordinator left our rehearsal in the hands of an assistant (who was less than helpful) and did not show up until an hour before the wedding, in spite of earlier promises that she would be there at least two and a half hours before. As a result, my mother missed a lot of special time with me and my wedding party because she was putting table cloths on tables (originally the staff's job). The coordinator also failed to coordinate transitions she previously promised to aid, resulting in a lot of wasted time figuring out which golf carts our photographer could use. Half of our guests did not have champagne for toasts (a feature advertised in the package, which we paid for) and others went searching for cake after it was cut. My father-in-law went all the way to the kitchen, where he found the kitchen staff EATING CAKE they were supposed to serve! This would explain how all the left-overs mysteriously disappeared. After the send-off, staff members were stealing left-over favors off of tables. When my parents asked what was happening, staff members said they thought the left-overs were up for grabs. Overall, I would not recommend this venue, unless you bring in your own wedding planner and have a lot of outside help. Do NOT depend on the AVCC staff alone to do the job right.

Sent on 02/03/2017
  • User3200718 · 2+ years ago

0.0

Do not get married here! Biggest mistake of my life was choosing this wedding venue! The woman who had ended up helping us for months turned out to be making false claims. She told us last minute that the woman who would be helping us on our wedding day was experienced and when we talked to her the day of the wedding she told us this was her first one. She seemed flustered and under prepared. Aside from that the gift I gave my husband for our wedding day was stolen from his suite by the staff. The food was Nothing like what we had tasted at the testing, it was served an hour late, was cold, and the fish was raw. The staff threw away the cake toppers I had spent days making. And to top it off when we had written our coordinator to express our dismay she turned it around on us stating that everything was some how our fault! After the thousands we spent it was an absolute disaster and we were treated terribly! We never even got an apology and our further emails were never responded to. We had a family friend get married there a few months before us and she also had multiple complaints and especially about the food. The only bonus of this place is the incredible view and that's it. Do not waste your hard earned money here!

Sent on 04/16/2013