Alfresco Floral Reviews

Alfresco Floral 5
  • Karen

Karen · Married on 09/21/2019

Beautiful flowers, excellent service

Marcella did an fabulous job providing the florals for our wedding ceremony and reception. We had a rather specific color palette and style request, and she totally nailed it. The arrangements were diverse and colorful, but still coordinated and balanced. She prepared a detailed brief and quote for us, and was very accommodating when we requested some adjustments to keep within our budget. It was also great to be able to video chat with her at multiple times during the preparations, she helped guide us through what we should be thinking about when. I highly recommend her for events!

Alfresco Floral 6
    Alfresco Floral 7
    Alfresco Floral 8
    Sent on 11/13/2019
  • Carly

Carly Mento · Married on 06/23/2019

Perfect Romance

I am SO happy that my husband and I found Marcella and her business, Alfresco Floral. We loved her vibe and work from the beginning, and also loved that she sources flowers locally with the options to donate or compost post wedding day. Marcella was so easy to work with and very responsive throughout the planning process. We had several calls to talk about our overall vision, which came to life exactly as we planned/hoped but was even more beautiful and romantic in person. There were several elements we added to honor my mom, and you could tell that she really cared and paid attention to those details to make them special. Oh - and all the while Marcella was planning her own wedding and getting married a few weeks before us! Talk about dedication and top notch service! Floral decor was a large part of our ambiance. My husband built a moon gate for our ceremony, and beyond it was a large pergola. Our tables were farmhouse style and there were several open spaces we wanted to fill with soft, romantic arrangements. I absolutely loved the final output and it was such a comfort to really enjoy and trust the presence of such an important vendor! If you're getting married in the NY/NJ area, I highly recommend AF!

Alfresco Floral 9
    Alfresco Floral 14
    Alfresco Floral 15
    Sent on 08/14/2019

Alfresco Floral's reply:

You guys were such a joy to work with! I'm so glad you were happy with everything. Thank you for letting me be part of your wonderful team of vendors. Best of luck! xo

Genna M · Married on 06/15/2019

Beautiful, professional, thoughtful, perfect

We are beyond thrilled with the work by Alfresco Florist for our June Vermont wedding. We found the company almost by accident after doing a LinkedIn search for any connections to florists. We were looking for someone who could execute a vision without much guidance and who could take meld our New York City selves with our Vermont wedding setting. Marcella, founder of Alfresco, did just that.

We are definitely floral/centerpiece newbies without too many opinions (we really just had a vague list of what we didn't want) but Marcella guided us along the way. She sent us an estimate with beautiful photos so we would know what to expect, helped us decide which touches would make an impact (and which wouldn't), and kept our wedding on track even when table numbers and chuppah styles shifted.

We cannot thank Marcella enough for the beautiful bouquets, centerpieces, and chuppah decorations. Our guests kept complimenting her work!

Sent on 06/29/2019

Erin · Married on 11/03/2018

Marcella is exceptional

Marcella immediately understood my aesthetic and what I wanted for my wedding. She came up with a beautiful inspiration board and then brought it to life beyond what I imagined it would be. She went above and beyond and I was so touched by the thoughtfulness and kindness she showed throughout the entire experience.

Sent on 11/18/2018

Shannon · Married on 06/09/2018

Alfresco made all my floral dreams come true! I wanted to keep everything clean and classic- but have funky florals give everything a little twist. The flowers were the actual centerpiece of my decor plan. Marcella helped me stay within my budget, guide my aesthetic with her intimate knowledge of flowers, get the best quality for my price, and made beautiful work from personals to our chuppah. All the guests were gushing about how beautiful the arrangements were and the choice of flowers. Marcella was an absolute pleasure to work with and I look forward to working with Alfresco again!

Alfresco Floral 16
    Alfresco Floral 17
    Sent on 10/10/2018

Alfresco Floral's reply:

It was such a pleasure working with you too! You made such a beautiful bride with an incredible location, making my job easy! :)

Emma · Married on 04/20/2018

Marcella was INCREDIBLE.

I had a few phone calls with her, attempted to explain what I thought I liked and disliked (I know minimal about flowers), and she was then able to translate my crazy thoughts into a beautiful mood board. And then most importantly Marcella was able to make those mood boards come to life on our wedding day. Not only did she transform the dining room that we got married in, but she also was able to transport all of our day florals and incorporate them into our evening venue.

The flowers at our evening venue literally brought me to tears. My husband could not care less about flowers (eye roll) but every wedding we have gone to since he always comments that he liked our flowers more :-)

I saved my bouquet for almost a week - and wish we could have saved more! I think about our wedding florals often and hope that my husband will contact Marcella every year for our wedding anniversary.

Marcella was a true visionary and such a pleasure to work with. I would highly recommend her for your next event and I hope to use her again one day!

Alfresco Floral 18
    Sent on 10/10/2018

Alfresco Floral's reply:

Emma! Thank you for the kind words! Your reaction to seeing your wedding flowers was EVERYTHING and it brought me so much joy to be part of it. Thanks for having me and I would love to work together again in the future. xo

Gretchen · Married on 10/28/2017

Easy, Affordable, and most importantly, STUNNING.

My husband and I had a casual engagement dinner in Brooklyn and Alfresco was our florist for the occasion. Marcella was already familiar with the venue as a former Brooklyn resident (Ici in Fort Greene), and knew exactly what to ask in order to provide us the most accurate quote and layout for floral decor in the space for this special occasion. She was responsive, professional, and thorough, and showed enthusiasm and passion for her work.

Her designs were so perfect! We had a family-style dinner, so several bud vases were her suggestions, and they looked beautiful on the long farm table. A bar arrangement, some dessert table vases, and it totally transformed the space. It instantly felt special, and there was not much else we needed to do. That alone made it worth every penny.

After that, I recommended Alfresco to friends who had birthdays, weddings, and other celebrations all over New York City & beyond, all who have had similar glowing reviews. I'll continue to recommend Marcella for her unique and stunning arrangements, excellent service and great value. She's the best!

Sent on 12/27/2018

Mary Petrarca · Married on 09/30/2017

I loved the way my flowers looked at my wedding, and I highly recommend Marcella.

I had a very positive working with Marcella for my wedding. She helped me figure out what my vision was, and she brought that vision to life. Marcella was organized, prepared, and creative. I loved every detail of her work from the bouquets, boutonnieres, centerpieces, and flower arrangements throughout the venue. I would work with Marcella again, and would highly recommend her to others.

Alfresco Floral 19
    Alfresco Floral 27
    Sent on 10/31/2018
  • Kelsey

Kelsey Kinser · Married on 09/17/2017

Stunning flowers, and florist had real eye for detail.

We hired Alfresco Floral for our NYC wedding in 9/17. I had some very specific desires and some general ideas, Marcella, the owner helped with both! I wanted a very particular flower for the groom and she found it, I needed a little more direction for my own bouquet. She helped me flesh out the vision I had and delivered gorgeous, fresh flowers. She arrived early and took care of everyone. She's a kind, warm, professional with a real eye for detail. Highly recommended!

Alfresco Floral 28