Alexandra & Ensembles Reviews

Alexandra & Ensembles 3
Alexandra & Ensembles 4
Alexandra & Ensembles 5

John · Married on 10/04/2014

Alexandra and the string trio were amazing! Very professional, easy to work with and they sounded amazing! They made our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour significantly better. We had many compliments. Their rates were a good deal and worth every penny. I would work with them again, and recommend to anyone.

Sent on 10/21/2014

Courtney · Married on 09/13/2014

We could not have asked for a better musician to play for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. Alexandra (and ensemble) are so talented and matched our wedding vision perfectly. Throughout the cocktail hour and even days after the wedding, I received so many compliments about Alexandra, pertaining to how beautifully she played. She was even willing to play a song that was not in her repertoire without a problem. When I asked, she gave her opinion about music that I chose to ensure I had selected appropriate music that would fit our wedding vision. The love she has for music and her talent is more than apparent in the expression with which she plays. We booked Alexandra about 9 months prior to our wedding and throughout that 9 months, she responded to my emails and correspondence less than 24 hours after receiving them. By the time our wedding came, I was so excited to meet her because of her pleasantness and professionalism through email. I would recommend Alexandra to anyone. Her talent, combined with her professionalism and willingness to offer her expertise makes her a perfect compliment to any celebration. This may have been the absolute best choice that we made when it came to all of our wedding decisions. If I have another event that requires this service, I will book her, no questions asked. Look no further!!

Sent on 09/22/2014

Alexandra & Ensembles's reply:

Thank you Courtney for a fabulous feedback! That means a lot for our team. Our pleasure to make our clients happy!

Alexandra and her team were an absolute pleasure to work with. They arrived on time, were excellently prepared with all of our requested songs, and helped to make our ceremony sophisticated and fun. Thanks team!

Sent on 09/12/2014

Rosemarie · Married on 08/31/2014

Alexandra and her partner were wonderful, professional and flexible. Their beautiful music truly helped to create a serene, elegant and magical feeling at our ceremony. I was very pleased with their services and highly recommend them for other weddings and events.

Sent on 09/19/2014

Alexandra was awesome! Her trio learned beautiful arrangements for brand new top 40 hits per our request. We called her on her cell phone during the weekend - no problem. Times changed a little for start time - no problem. She arrived early, ready to go. Alexandra, thank you so much for making the ceremony more magical.

Sent on 08/17/2014

Alexandra and her pianist played our wedding at The Madison Hotel in Morristown New Jersey and was simply perfect! The music was beautifully performed, they arrived on time and really set the mood for our event. Communications were always answered promptly and I have no hesitation in saying you should hire Alexandra!

Sent on 09/07/2014

Michelle · Married on 07/20/2014

Theu were amazing. Very easy to comminicate with before wedding and did a great job during wedding. All my guests loved their music theu made the ceremony a dream come true! Will definitely recommend.

Sent on 08/02/2014

I had Alexandra and a violinist play at my wedding. The music was so beautiful - their timing was perfect. It really made the ceremony. Plus - it was so easy to book Alexandra and coordinate what music we wanted to hear. I highly recommend! Thanks Alexandra!!!!

Sent on 08/04/2014

Carolina · Married on 06/27/2014

Alexandra was great! We are so happy that we found her on weddingwire and that her services were within our budget. She answered all of our questions and was very straightforward throughout the entire process. We loved that the process of hiring her was so seamless. She scanned the contract, we printed, signed, and emailed back. And we loved that she uses Chase QuickPay which allowed for a quicker transaction. She arrived on time for our wedding ceremony and played the music we requested. She came to look for me before leaving to congratulate us, which I thought was very sweet considering I hadn't met her yet! Had we not been working with a limited budget we would've totally hired her to also play at the reception. Definitely recommend her services!

Sent on 07/16/2014

Alexandra was fantastic at our wedding! She arrived on time, played the exact music we requested for our ceremony, and we got lots of compliments on our music. She was also incredibly responsive before the event and answered all of our questions in a very kind and timely manner!

Sent on 06/15/2014

Alexandra was absolutely wonderful! She is an excellent, professional cellist who brought a very special atmosphere to our small, outdoor wedding. She was very easy to work with leading up to the event, and is much more affordable than many of the other professional cello players in NYC. We are so pleased with our decision to hire Alexandra, and her presence at our wedding is something that we and our guests will always remember.

Sent on 05/29/2014

Christopher · Married on 05/17/2014

Alexandra was very professional and accomodating re: our plans for a ceremony ensemble. She helped us select the optimal # and type of instruments to be used. Most importantly, she was willing to adapt to what we liked for the bridal processional, A Thousand Years - sort of a custom piece since we only had about 1 minute for the entire piece. I would highly recommend her without reservation.

Sent on 07/02/2014

Aaron · Married on 05/06/2014

Alex was truly amazing. A lovely lady and a great musician. She was reliable, stress free, played what we wanted. She looked after herself which is great on a busy wedding day.

FANTASTIC. Thank you Alex for making our day special. Our guests loved your music

Sent on 05/31/2014

Alexandra and her colleague played (cello + piano) at our wedding ceremony and we were pleased with everything. We were a bit anxious before since we don't live in NYC and had never met but only corresponded via email, but everything worked out great and we can highly recommend her.

Sent on 06/18/2014

Randy · event on 04/26/2014

Musician was very flexible, easy to work with and was everything I could of asked for. All together a success

Sent on 04/29/2014

Devin · event on 02/15/2014

My fiancé and I had hired Alexandra and one of her violinist for our engagement party in Staten Island, NY. The week of our party weather conditions were bad and roads were snow covered. Despite all, she and her partner arrived on time, fully prepared and highly professional. Not only were we impressed with her but the entire party raved about the two! One relative at the party even asked Alexandra about taking music lessons with her! I had informed Alexandra that not only were we more than satisfied for hiring her for the engagement party but she will be hired for the bridal shower, and wedding too!

If anyone is looking to complete their day with a classy, relaxing and exciting atmosphere, hiring Alexandra and any of her other musicians will have people continuously talking about the event!

Sent on 02/23/2014

Nicolas · Married on 12/26/2013

We really appreciated the soft music during our marriage.
    In spite of the cold in Central Park, the violinist and the cellist were really great.
    Thank you very much for your professionalism and your capacity to have returned our unforgettable marriage.
    Thank you again and happy New Year.

Sent on 01/03/2014
  • F

Felix · Married on 10/26/2013

Lovely all around....the music was perfect....a little pop, a little classical and overall just a wonderful accompaniment to our ceremony.

Sent on 10/31/2013

Alice · Married on 09/29/2013

Alexandra and her guitarist did a lovely job with the music for our brunch wedding. They showed up early, had everything set up and ready to go by the time the groom and I arrived, and played wonderfully for the ceremony and throughout the cocktail hour - several guests commented on how appropriate and pretty the music was.

Working with Alexandra was completely hassle free. Whether by email, or in person, communication was seamless. Thanks so much Alexandra, for making our wedding day even more beautiful!

Sent on 10/13/2013

Erik · Married on 09/08/2013

Alexandra was very professional & we would not hesitate to recommend her as a wedding cellist. She was very easy & responsive to communicate with,her playing was very passionate, and her timing was right on for the details of our wedding program.

Sent on 10/20/2013

Your music was the perfect touch on Sunday evening. I started to cry when I heard Love by John Lennon (thank you for learning it), The Wedding March also gave me chills.

Your blending into the cocktail hour was also right on; I remember specifically hearing All You Need is Love and The Verve. I know there were many more, but I was too busy socializing to just sit and listen, which would have been ideal considering your level of craft.

Sent on 09/04/2013

Richie · Married on 08/24/2013

We had a very wonderful experience working with Alexandra! Very easy to work with and very professional. We found Alexandra by accident on the internet and we could not be happier with our choice. She played in the church and at the reception hall for us along with two of her other musicians. We spoke on the phone for a few minutes about 2 or 3 times and she let us know about everything. She knew how the mass in church is conducted and she was able to work with the church's organist which she did not meet until a few minutes before our wedding. Everything went exactly as she told us over the phone. All of our guests were very surprised how beautiful Alexandra and her friends played. We got many compliments from our families and friends. We are also very happy and were surprised when they played for us in church. Also at cocktail hour at the reception hall everyone said that they could be heard across the entire hall and that it was a very nice surprise that they played all sorts of music including new pop music on the cello, flute and violin. We would highly recommend Alexandra and her friends to everyone. Also her prices were a bargain compared to many others. Thank You So Much!!!!!! E&R

Sent on 10/23/2013

Alexandra & Ensembles's reply:

Hi, Richie! Thank you so much for such a wonderful review and your time to submit feedback for us! Appreciate it. My pleasure to serve you to my best!

Craig · Married on 05/22/2013

Alexandra and her Partner provided us with a magical accompaniment of violin and cello. Together they helped make our ceremony extra special. They played a selection of pieces chosen by myself, from classical favourites to contemporary pop. I would wholeheartedly recommend them if you too are looking for musician for your special event. Thank you Alexandra!
    A very happy client.

Sent on 06/12/2013

theresa · Married on 03/15/2013

Alexandra was very professional, a true talent and added that special touch to our wedding ceremony. The cello is such a beautiful sounding instrument that complements the piano so well. She had the challenge of playing with the church pianist that she wasn't familiar with and performing a less traditional song for the procession ("a thousand years" -christina perri). She was prepared, communicated with me periodically on how everything was progressing with the custom song score, she showed up to the church early and played some additional songs while we waiting for guests to arrive. The music sounded amazing and I would 100% recommend her for any wedding.

Sent on 03/21/2013

Adam · Married on 12/29/2012

Did a wonderful job and was a joy to work with.

Sent on 01/09/2013