Alexandra & Ensembles Reviews

Alexandra & Ensembles 2
Alexandra & Ensembles 3
Alexandra & Ensembles 4
Alexandra & Ensembles 5

Alexandra was fantastic at our wedding! She arrived on time, played the exact music we requested for our ceremony, and we got lots of compliments on our music. She was also incredibly responsive before the event and answered all of our questions in a very kind and timely manner!

Sent on 06/15/2014

Alexandra was absolutely wonderful! She is an excellent, professional cellist who brought a very special atmosphere to our small, outdoor wedding. She was very easy to work with leading up to the event, and is much more affordable than many of the other professional cello players in NYC. We are so pleased with our decision to hire Alexandra, and her presence at our wedding is something that we and our guests will always remember.

Sent on 05/29/2014

Christopher · Married on 05/17/2014

Alexandra was very professional and accomodating re: our plans for a ceremony ensemble. She helped us select the optimal # and type of instruments to be used. Most importantly, she was willing to adapt to what we liked for the bridal processional, A Thousand Years - sort of a custom piece since we only had about 1 minute for the entire piece. I would highly recommend her without reservation.

Sent on 07/02/2014

Aaron · Married on 05/06/2014

Alex was truly amazing. A lovely lady and a great musician. She was reliable, stress free, played what we wanted. She looked after herself which is great on a busy wedding day.

FANTASTIC. Thank you Alex for making our day special. Our guests loved your music

Sent on 05/31/2014

Alexandra and her colleague played (cello + piano) at our wedding ceremony and we were pleased with everything. We were a bit anxious before since we don't live in NYC and had never met but only corresponded via email, but everything worked out great and we can highly recommend her.

Sent on 06/18/2014

Nicolas · Married on 12/26/2013

We really appreciated the soft music during our marriage.
    In spite of the cold in Central Park, the violinist and the cellist were really great.
    Thank you very much for your professionalism and your capacity to have returned our unforgettable marriage.
    Thank you again and happy New Year.

Sent on 01/03/2014
  • F

Felix · Married on 10/26/2013

Lovely all around....the music was perfect....a little pop, a little classical and overall just a wonderful accompaniment to our ceremony.

Sent on 10/31/2013

Alice · Married on 09/29/2013

Alexandra and her guitarist did a lovely job with the music for our brunch wedding. They showed up early, had everything set up and ready to go by the time the groom and I arrived, and played wonderfully for the ceremony and throughout the cocktail hour - several guests commented on how appropriate and pretty the music was.

Working with Alexandra was completely hassle free. Whether by email, or in person, communication was seamless. Thanks so much Alexandra, for making our wedding day even more beautiful!

Sent on 10/13/2013

Erik · Married on 09/08/2013

Alexandra was very professional & we would not hesitate to recommend her as a wedding cellist. She was very easy & responsive to communicate with,her playing was very passionate, and her timing was right on for the details of our wedding program.

Sent on 10/20/2013

Your music was the perfect touch on Sunday evening. I started to cry when I heard Love by John Lennon (thank you for learning it), The Wedding March also gave me chills.

Your blending into the cocktail hour was also right on; I remember specifically hearing All You Need is Love and The Verve. I know there were many more, but I was too busy socializing to just sit and listen, which would have been ideal considering your level of craft.

Sent on 09/04/2013

Richie · Married on 08/24/2013

We had a very wonderful experience working with Alexandra! Very easy to work with and very professional. We found Alexandra by accident on the internet and we could not be happier with our choice. She played in the church and at the reception hall for us along with two of her other musicians. We spoke on the phone for a few minutes about 2 or 3 times and she let us know about everything. She knew how the mass in church is conducted and she was able to work with the church's organist which she did not meet until a few minutes before our wedding. Everything went exactly as she told us over the phone. All of our guests were very surprised how beautiful Alexandra and her friends played. We got many compliments from our families and friends. We are also very happy and were surprised when they played for us in church. Also at cocktail hour at the reception hall everyone said that they could be heard across the entire hall and that it was a very nice surprise that they played all sorts of music including new pop music on the cello, flute and violin. We would highly recommend Alexandra and her friends to everyone. Also her prices were a bargain compared to many others. Thank You So Much!!!!!! E&R

Sent on 10/23/2013

Alexandra & Ensembles's reply:

Hi, Richie! Thank you so much for such a wonderful review and your time to submit feedback for us! Appreciate it. My pleasure to serve you to my best!

Craig · Married on 05/22/2013

Alexandra and her Partner provided us with a magical accompaniment of violin and cello. Together they helped make our ceremony extra special. They played a selection of pieces chosen by myself, from classical favourites to contemporary pop. I would wholeheartedly recommend them if you too are looking for musician for your special event. Thank you Alexandra!
    A very happy client.

Sent on 06/12/2013

theresa · Married on 03/15/2013

Alexandra was very professional, a true talent and added that special touch to our wedding ceremony. The cello is such a beautiful sounding instrument that complements the piano so well. She had the challenge of playing with the church pianist that she wasn't familiar with and performing a less traditional song for the procession ("a thousand years" -christina perri). She was prepared, communicated with me periodically on how everything was progressing with the custom song score, she showed up to the church early and played some additional songs while we waiting for guests to arrive. The music sounded amazing and I would 100% recommend her for any wedding.

Sent on 03/21/2013

Adam · Married on 12/29/2012

Did a wonderful job and was a joy to work with.

Sent on 01/09/2013

Michele · event on: 07/06/2015

I hired Alexandra last minute for a marriage proposal. I called her pretty late in the evening and just a couple days before the event. She was very accommodating and sent me a proposal that night. When the venue couldn't provide a chair she agreed to provide one. She also quickly provided us the insurance that the venue gave us one day to get together. Most importantly, my client was thrilled with every aspect of his proposal, music included. I highly recommend!

Sent on 07/08/2015

Devin · event on: 02/15/2014

My fiancé and I had hired Alexandra and one of her violinist for our engagement party in Staten Island, NY. The week of our party weather conditions were bad and roads were snow covered. Despite all, she and her partner arrived on time, fully prepared and highly professional. Not only were we impressed with her but the entire party raved about the two! One relative at the party even asked Alexandra about taking music lessons with her! I had informed Alexandra that not only were we more than satisfied for hiring her for the engagement party but she will be hired for the bridal shower, and wedding too!

If anyone is looking to complete their day with a classy, relaxing and exciting atmosphere, hiring Alexandra and any of her other musicians will have people continuously talking about the event!

Sent on 02/23/2014

Randy · event on: 04/26/2014

Musician was very flexible, easy to work with and was everything I could of asked for. All together a success

Sent on 04/29/2014

Peter · event on: 12/19/2014

Excellent-will definitely use her again.

Sent on 02/12/2015
  • User4872264 · event on: 03/07/2015

Alexandra and her team were a pleasure to work with - stuck with me moving the date and time and it all worked out fantastic. My now fiance was totally surprised and the violinist was the perfect touch.

Sent on 03/12/2015

Paul · event on: 10/17/2015

Super talented artist.. It was great having them part of our day. Highly recommended.

Sent on 10/21/2015

Debra · event on: 11/28/2015

I can't say enough about Alexandra!!! She performed at my daughter's engagement party, and we loved the music she played, including some more modern pieces that I requested. Alexandra was very professional: she always responded promptly to my calls and emails and came early on the day of the party to set up. I feel very comfortable recommending Alexandra!

Sent on 12/14/2015

Tyler · Married on 05/19/2018

Alexandra was a pleasure to work with in setting up a string trio for our wedding ceremony and reception. They were able to create arrangements for couple special request songs we selected, and they had an extensive repertoire to choose from for the rest of the night. Once at the venue, they required very little oversight and played beautifully. I'd recommend Alexandra & Ensembles for anyone's event.

Sent on 06/30/2018

Anushka · Married on 11/05/2016

Alexandra booked a violin and guitar duet for my wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. They were a hit! The musicians were prompt, professional and performed excellently! I got lots of compliments on the music. It was also a great value. Thank you!!

Sent on 12/14/2016

Alexandra played for our wedding and was amazing. She arrived early, setup quickly and played beautifully. Afterwards she even agreed to take photos with our photographer.
    The only disappointment was that because it was an outdoor garden wedding and it was raining when she arrived, she had to setup away from all the guests under a gazebo. Once the rain stopped I hoped she would come to where the guests would see her but she could not take the chance that it would start raining again and ruin her equipment and instruments which I totally understand.
    Overall, I was very pleased with her and I have already recommended her to my friends and family.

Sent on 08/27/2014

svetlana · Married on 10/25/2013

We were very lucky to have found Alexandra!

She was a real pleasure to work with - very responsive, professional and friendly. She helped guide us through music selection (we had no idea what processional/recessional meant when we first started out or what our preferences were), found a violin player (we wanted cello + violin), was punctual and our guests loved her!

Highly recommended!!