Alexandra & Ensembles Reviews

131 | Brooklyn, NY

131 Reviews for Alexandra & Ensembles

131 Alexandra & Ensembles Reviews

Dan · Married on 09/22/2018

Professional and great communication. Terrific performance!

My wife and I were very happy with Alexandra & Ensembles. Their string trio was the perfect touch for our brief ceremony.

Jessica · Married on 09/15/2018

Alexandra & Ensembles were absolutely amazing at our wedding!! We hired them after hearing them at a friends wedding. There was no travel fee and they came all the way out to Montauk for our ceremony and cocktail hour. My only regret at the wedding is not having video to capture how amazing our string quartet was! They even got a loud cheer from my guests at my cocktail hour. They played everything I asked at the ceremony and chose wonderful songs for the cocktail hour. Truly amazing and highly recommend them!

Sharlene · Married on 09/08/2018

Amazing Music

Dealing with Alexandra was such an easy process. Any bride knows the stress that comes with planning a wedding, Alexandra made this process seamless. The day of the wedding she greeted me with a smile and carried on with her music. We had a string duo perform at our ceremony, AMAZING AMAZING music, so beautiful, we received many compliments after the event. Thank You Alexandra and team!!!!! - Sharlene & Karim

Caitlyn · Married on 09/07/2018

Highly recommend!

Alexandra & Ensembles was so easy to work with. They provided the music for our wedding ceremony and my guests all told us the music was beautiful. They offer a range of instrument groupings and songs for you to choice from. We were able to mix classical and pop songs which we really liked!

Jeff · Married on 08/25/2018

Great People to work with

Alexandra & Ensembles are great people to work with. They are very professional so that you do not need to spend too much time. They will dress formally for your event. Just let them know what pieces of music you like and they will perform them perfectly. Will definitely recommend their services to everybody.

Sasha · Married on 08/17/2018

I hired Alexandra & Ensembles (cello and piano duo) for my rooftop ceremony wedding in Manhattan and I couldn't be happier! It was a magical experience walking down the aisle while having them play my favorite songs. From the beginning, Alexandra is very responsive and provides you with a large selection of songs from their website. Weeks before the wedding, I had requested them to play two songs that were not in their library. I was amazed at how well they learned the songs and played it beautifully at my wedding. I highly recommend Alexandra and her ensemble to add that magical touch for your wedding day!

Sahar · Married on 07/15/2018

We recently hired Alexandra and the WeddinGigs team for a violin and cello duet for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. I could try and describe them using big eloquent words but really what comes to mind is BLOWN AWAY! They were absolutely fantastic! Right from the beginning Alexandra was very professional with responding to us and answering any questions we had. More amazingly is the repertoire of songs they can play, anything from classical to pop to top 40 hits. If you give them a little heads up they can learn pretty much any piece of music you request. Who knew how many songs you could play with a violin and cello and make them sound incredible.

The team was on time, always had a smile on their face and were extremely accommodating and flexible with musical requests. Judging by the feedback we got from our guests everyone felt the same way about the music and about the overall level of professionalism. We could not have been any happier with Alexandra and the entire team at WeddinGigs. In fact, we were so impressed that we are hiring them again for a party we are throwing. I suppose that is probably the highest review a vendor can get.

• Catti Labelle

Quiana · Married on 07/07/2018

Having played cello in middle school and high school, and loving instrumental music all around, I was so excited to come across a string quartet led by a cellist. Alexandra was really responsive in her emails, just so easy to work with. I asked if she and her other players could learn "Somebody to Love" by Queen for our processional, and it was no problem at all! Though Alexandra wasn't there on the day of my wedding, the players she sent were phenomenal. I don't know if I cried while walking down the aisle because of emotions or because of how beautiful and perfect "Somebody to Love" sounded. It was just a dream come true. And then we walked out to "Signed, Sealed, Delivered" by Stevie Wonder, and it was just so fun and relaxing at the same time during cocktail hour. Everyone loved the quartet and the music they played. The cost is also really competitive, so well worth it in my opinion. Having live music at a wedding is a must for those who deeply love and appreciate music, and Alexandra and her ensemble really fulfilled our wishes.

Alexandra & Ensembles 1
    Alexandra & Ensembles 2

J · Married on 06/24/2018

Alexandra and her husband, Alexander, played during the Ceremony and Cocktail Hour for our wedding this past weekend. The music was perfect and at the right pace, especially during the Ceremony. My hubby has particular tastes in classical music, and they were very accommodating and helpful in music selection. Thank you both for making such beautiful music for our wedding!!

Paige · Married on 06/22/2018

We hired a duo ensemble violin and cello for our wedding and it was everything we could have hoped for!

Alexandra & Ensembles 3

Daniel · Married on 06/10/2018

Alexandra and her musicians are absolutely incredible. Alexandra just played at our wedding last weekend with a quartet and the performance was well beyond our expectations. They play both the classics as well as string versions of current pop music EXTREMELY well. They blew us and our guests away. We could not recommend them more highly !!!!!

Sarah · Married on 06/02/2018

We just had our wedding yesterday and we were VERY impressed with these lovely musicians! They were on time, prepared, and professional. They have a fabulous selection of music and were very easy to book. We did the Cello and Violin combo, and it was airy, beautiful & romantic! We will absolutely recommend them to friends and family.

Michelle · Married on 06/02/2018

Very responsive. They work with you to create the perfect playlist and are extremely talented. My guests were very impressed. Highly recommend.

Peter · Married on 05/27/2018

They were very responsive and professional in planning the songs and strategy for our wedding. And they even learned a new song for us. On our wedding day, they were even earlier expected, dressed professionally, and played very well. Our guests were impressed and their presence truly helped us create the atmosphere that we were going for. Their music was beautiful and we were more than happy to walk down the aisle while they were performing. We are recommending them to everyone.

Sarah · Married on 05/19/2018

We hired Alexandra & Ensembles for our ceremony and cocktail hour music for our wedding last month, and they are a definite must hire if you are looking for live strings for your event! They were very responsive and have an unbelievable variety of music that they can do, extremely talented people. My guests were so impressed that they could seamlessly switch from classical to the game of thrones theme song! Hiring their strings duo was a definite highlight of the day :)

Ann · Married on 05/12/2018

We hired a trio for my wedding. Alexandra was very flexible with music selection and very professional and attentive throughout the whole process. Arrived on time and played beautifully. No complaints. All around great experience.

N&G · Married on 04/28/2018

My wife and I recently got married in Central Park. We hired Alexandra and her colleague as a two piece string set and they were fantastic. Super responsive and friendly and very reasonably priced for the quality of their service. They were on time for the wedding ceremony and played our requested songs beautifully during our time in the Park. Very professional and talented as musicians and our guests told us that they really enjoyed their contribution to our wedding ceremony. We would highly recommend Alexandra and WeddingGiggs to any other couples thinking of retaining them for their big day. N & G

Brianne · Married on 04/27/2018

I am so glad that I found Alexandra and her team! My husband and I were back and forth on if we should hire live music or just play a recording for our ceremony. One I spoke with Alexandra and listened to some of her recordings I was sold. The live music took our venue to the next level and our guests enjoyed hearing songs that they recognized.

Alexandra and her team were incredibly easy to book with and I could not recommend her services enough for your special day. Thanks again guys!

Best,
    Brianne and Tom

Danielle · Married on 01/20/2018

Loved!! Hired cellist (Alexandra) and pianist for our wedding ceremony back in January. It was SUCH a nice touch, simply beautiful. They were on time and did such a wonderful job, even played my request "FloRida, Good Feeling" as our recessional song. Highly recommend for a classy touch =)

Cathy · Married on 10/20/2017

We selected Alexandra from the website because of the reviews and she fit in our budget. We were so glad we did. She is very flexible because we weren't certain of the exact ceremony time in Central Park. The music was lovely and she let us select the songs and instruments we wanted. She was beyond our expectations!

Jenny · Married on 10/14/2017

Alexandra and her fellow musicians were amazing! We hired Alexandra to play cello and she brought two violinists to complete the string trio. They played for our ceremony and our cocktail hour reception. The music sounded beautiful and they were incredibly professional. Alexandra was very quick to respond to my initial inquiries and to answer all of my questions. She has an extensive list of songs she performs and she agreed to play all the songs I requested. On the day of the wedding, it rained in the morning so they could no longer set up outdoors. They were very flexible and accommodating and everything worked out beautifully. I highly recommend Alexandra and her team!

• F

Frank · Married on 09/22/2017

Alexandra & Ensembles were absolutely incredible! They played at the cocktail hour of our wedding in September, and were just amazing. The music was beautiful, and the team was absolutely top-notch professional. We received feedback from many of the wedding guests that the music was a phenomenal addition to cocktail hour. We would hire Alexandra & Ensembles again in a second for our next big event! Thanks again Alexandra & Ensembles!!

Dawn · Married on 08/31/2017

Alexandra & Ensembles made our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour unforgettable! Beautiful, Beautiful, Beautiful!!!

Alexandra & Ensembles 4

Katie · Married on 08/25/2017

Alexandra was an absolute pleasure to work with. We had a special song request for our ceremony since my husband is Scottish and she made it happen for us. We received so many compliments on her music. Do yourself a favor and don't look any further- book Alexandra!!