Alexandra & Ensembles Reviews

150 | Brooklyn, NY

150 Reviews for Alexandra & Ensembles

• Chen

Chen Shuhan · Married on 11/02/2019

I absolutely recommend them!

It was such a busy day for me so I couldn’t sit and listen to them play all songs but they were wonderful. Very professional and the sound was sooo pretty. Alexandra is so easy to communicate with and they will tailor song based on your venue to make sure it is all perfect.

Sent on 11/05/2019

shirley wong · Married on 10/27/2019

definitely must have for your wedding

Alexandra and her team did such an amazing job for my wedding. Her price was affordable and she was extremely easy to work with. Hiring her and her team made my wedding extra special and gave it the bit of wow factor that I was looking for. My husband wanted to be extra and wanted to play a certain song that Alexandra had to learn for his ceremony walk-in entrance. My husband loved it so much that he said he purposefully tried to walk slower to enjoy the song.

Sent on 11/16/2019

Julie Fried · Married on 10/26/2019

Beautiful addition to our wedding

We had a string trio for the ceremony and cocktail hour. They played beautifully and my guests commented on how great they sounded. Alexandra was always easy to get in touch with

Sent on 11/10/2019

Mark Schepis · Married on 10/11/2019

Wonderful and Very Professional

Alexandra and the trio were wonderful. Very responsive to our emails and were able to play all of our requests. The most important was the bridal procession which was an oddball choice of ours that they played very well. The trio was extremely professional and really created the ambience we were looking for during the reception and the cocktail hour. We would absolutely hire them again for a future event.

Sent on 11/02/2019

Kacie Trojanowsky · Married on 09/14/2019

Above and beyond expectations!!

I hired Alexandria and Ensembles for my wedding ceremony. Their string quartet played for an hour and absolutely blew me away!! I requested many specific songs and they played every single song so beautifully. I am so thankful had this amazing group at my wedding because they made the ceremony so special! Thank you Alexandria!!

Sent on 10/25/2019

Elizabeth Sadek · Married on 09/08/2019

Excellent and professional!

All musicians were very professional and talented. Their work is definitely exceptional and I would highly recommend their services!

Sent on 09/29/2019

L C Y · Married on 08/31/2019

Lovely cello/guitar duo!

Alexandra and her guitarist friend played for our wedding at Oheka castle for our ceremony and cocktail hour. Alexandra was extremely responsive and easily accommodated all of our song requests. They also were able to figure out how to get the power working at the garden location for the ceremony, which was great so the guests could all hear through the amp. Overall, I highly recommend Alexandra!

Sent on 09/29/2019
  • Mary

Mary Conlon · Married on 08/06/2019

Outstanding!

Alexandra and Ensembles made our daughter and son in law's wedding an extraordinary event! They played beautifully for the first 90 minutes of the wedding dinner and every guest commented on their performance.
    It was a pleasure working with Alexandra from the first contact and all through the event. They were beautiful professional musicians who brought a celestial and elegant vibe to our event.
    I recommend them whole heartedly! Thank you Alexandra and Ensembles!
    Maire

Sent on 08/06/2019

Caren · Married on 08/03/2019

One of my best decisions

To start with, my mom couldn't stop talking about the string trio days after my wedding. She loved it soooooo much!

We hired the string trio (violin, guitar, and cello). The team is very professional, dedicated, plays really really well(highly skilled). The playlist for cocktail hour is nice. Looking back, we really think that having the string trio really lifted up the the atmosphere for ceremony and cocktail hour. The team even learned a new song for my recessional!

Sent on 08/10/2019

Emmalee · Married on 07/14/2019

Amazing!

Alexandra and her team was phenomenal, My fiancé was dragging his feet, to have strings at the wedding and I'm so Happy when I reached out to Alexandra, the date was available and she was ready to provide for us. Thank you so much for making our special day a momentous one. Your keen attention to detail and professionalism made our decision to use your services a rewarding one. I look forward to using you guys for other events .. Thanks again!

Sent on 07/20/2019

Paul · Married on 06/29/2019

Professional, Reliable, Excellent

Alexandra is a reliable, professional and excellent musician. We requested a cello and guitar duet and we couldn't be more pleased with the results. Alexandra was flexible, courteous and responded quickly to our last minute requests. If you haven't been considering a duet or trio, please consider it. And if you are already in the process of trying to find the perfect duet, search no more. This is it. You will be more than satisfied with Alexandra and her ensembles.

Sent on 09/03/2019

Kristiana · Married on 05/25/2019

A highlight of our wedding!

Alexandra and Ensembles performed at our wedding in July 2019. They blew us away! From the ceremony to the cocktail hour, they set the tone for our event, and all of our guests were talking about them! They bring professionalism, excitement, good vibes, and strength to their performance. Alexandra was very responsive in the planning process, and she and her group learned a few songs that were important to us for our ceremony. We would choose Alexandra & Ensembles over and over again if we could!

Sent on 08/06/2019

Aurelia · Married on 05/04/2019

Highly Recommend!

Our ceremony was all we could have dreamed of, and we owe so much gratitude to Alexandra and the music she provided for our guests to enjoy.
    Everything was beautiful!

Sent on 05/19/2019
  • Anna

Anna · Married on 01/12/2019

Book them!

So glad we booked with Alexandra &ensembles. They did a wonderful job and were easy to communicate with. Thank you so much for making our special day even more special 💕🙏

Sent on 02/01/2020

Maura · Married on 12/29/2018

Fantastic!

We used Alexandra for the string quartet at our wedding. Our guests raved about the amazing musicians. Great song list! Alexandra was very professional and everything worked so seamlessly!

Sent on 02/20/2019
  • Maria

Maria · Married on 12/16/2018

They were wonderful❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Alexandra and Boris were fantastic. They came on time, they did a great job, the program was good well chosen. They made my husband’s surprise Birthday party really special. The guests love them. I highly recommend them to anyone who is planning similar event.

Sent on 02/20/2019
  • F

F · Married on 10/27/2018

Wonderful musicians!

Alexandra and her group provided the music for our fall wedding last year. They were extremely professional, booking was a breeze, and the guests could not stop raving about their music. Thank you for everything!

Sent on 05/19/2019

Dan · Married on 09/22/2018

Professional and great communication. Terrific performance!

My wife and I were very happy with Alexandra & Ensembles. Their string trio was the perfect touch for our brief ceremony.

Jessica · Married on 09/15/2018

Alexandra & Ensembles were absolutely amazing at our wedding!! We hired them after hearing them at a friends wedding. There was no travel fee and they came all the way out to Montauk for our ceremony and cocktail hour. My only regret at the wedding is not having video to capture how amazing our string quartet was! They even got a loud cheer from my guests at my cocktail hour. They played everything I asked at the ceremony and chose wonderful songs for the cocktail hour. Truly amazing and highly recommend them!

Sent on 09/18/2018

Sharlene · Married on 09/08/2018

Amazing Music

Dealing with Alexandra was such an easy process. Any bride knows the stress that comes with planning a wedding, Alexandra made this process seamless. The day of the wedding she greeted me with a smile and carried on with her music. We had a string duo perform at our ceremony, AMAZING AMAZING music, so beautiful, we received many compliments after the event. Thank You Alexandra and team!!!!! - Sharlene & Karim

Caitlyn · Married on 09/07/2018

Highly recommend!

Alexandra & Ensembles was so easy to work with. They provided the music for our wedding ceremony and my guests all told us the music was beautiful. They offer a range of instrument groupings and songs for you to choice from. We were able to mix classical and pop songs which we really liked!

Jeff · Married on 08/25/2018

Great People to work with

Alexandra & Ensembles are great people to work with. They are very professional so that you do not need to spend too much time. They will dress formally for your event. Just let them know what pieces of music you like and they will perform them perfectly. Will definitely recommend their services to everybody.

Sasha · Married on 08/17/2018

I hired Alexandra & Ensembles (cello and piano duo) for my rooftop ceremony wedding in Manhattan and I couldn't be happier! It was a magical experience walking down the aisle while having them play my favorite songs. From the beginning, Alexandra is very responsive and provides you with a large selection of songs from their website. Weeks before the wedding, I had requested them to play two songs that were not in their library. I was amazed at how well they learned the songs and played it beautifully at my wedding. I highly recommend Alexandra and her ensemble to add that magical touch for your wedding day!

Sent on 10/12/2018

Sahar · Married on 07/15/2018

We recently hired Alexandra and the WeddinGigs team for a violin and cello duet for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. I could try and describe them using big eloquent words but really what comes to mind is BLOWN AWAY! They were absolutely fantastic! Right from the beginning Alexandra was very professional with responding to us and answering any questions we had. More amazingly is the repertoire of songs they can play, anything from classical to pop to top 40 hits. If you give them a little heads up they can learn pretty much any piece of music you request. Who knew how many songs you could play with a violin and cello and make them sound incredible.

The team was on time, always had a smile on their face and were extremely accommodating and flexible with musical requests. Judging by the feedback we got from our guests everyone felt the same way about the music and about the overall level of professionalism. We could not have been any happier with Alexandra and the entire team at WeddinGigs. In fact, we were so impressed that we are hiring them again for a party we are throwing. I suppose that is probably the highest review a vendor can get.

Sent on 09/08/2018
  • Catti Labelle

Quiana · Married on 07/07/2018

Having played cello in middle school and high school, and loving instrumental music all around, I was so excited to come across a string quartet led by a cellist. Alexandra was really responsive in her emails, just so easy to work with. I asked if she and her other players could learn "Somebody to Love" by Queen for our processional, and it was no problem at all! Though Alexandra wasn't there on the day of my wedding, the players she sent were phenomenal. I don't know if I cried while walking down the aisle because of emotions or because of how beautiful and perfect "Somebody to Love" sounded. It was just a dream come true. And then we walked out to "Signed, Sealed, Delivered" by Stevie Wonder, and it was just so fun and relaxing at the same time during cocktail hour. Everyone loved the quartet and the music they played. The cost is also really competitive, so well worth it in my opinion. Having live music at a wedding is a must for those who deeply love and appreciate music, and Alexandra and her ensemble really fulfilled our wishes.

Sent on 08/23/2018