126 Reviews for Alexandra & Ensembles

Liability Insurance (2)
Music During Breaks (2)
Microphones (1)
118 Alexandra & Ensembles Reviews

Alexandra & Ensembles were absolutely amazing at our wedding!! We hired them after hearing them at a friends wedding. There was no travel fee and they came all the way out to Montauk for our ceremony and cocktail hour. My only regret at the wedding is not having video to capture how amazing our string quartet was! They even got a loud cheer from my guests at my cocktail hour. They played everything I asked at the ceremony and chose wonderful songs for the cocktail hour. Truly amazing and highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Jessica, 9/15/18, 1 Review
Services Used: String-Quartet, Cello, Viola, Violin, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour

We recently hired Alexandra and the WeddinGigs team for a violin and cello duet for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. I could try and describe them using big eloquent words but really what comes to mind is BLOWN AWAY! They were absolutely fantastic! Right from the beginning Alexandra was very professional with responding to us and answering any questions we had. More amazingly is the repertoire of songs they can play, anything from classical to pop to top 40 hits. If you give them a little heads up they can learn pretty much any piece of music you request. Who knew how many songs you could play with a violin and cello and make them sound incredible.

The team was on time, always had a smile on their face and were extremely accommodating and flexible with musical requests. Judging by the feedback we got from our guests everyone felt the same way about the music and about the overall level of professionalism. We could not have been any happier with Alexandra and the entire team at WeddinGigs. In fact, we were so impressed that we are hiring them again for a party we are throwing. I suppose that is probably the highest review a vendor can get.

Profile Picture Sahar, 7/15/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Having played cello in middle school and high school, and loving instrumental music all around, I was so excited to come across a string quartet led by a cellist. Alexandra was really responsive in her emails, just so easy to work with. I asked if she and her other players could learn "Somebody to Love" by Queen for our processional, and it was no problem at all! Though Alexandra wasn't there on the day of my wedding, the players she sent were phenomenal. I don't know if I cried while walking down the aisle because of emotions or because of how beautiful and perfect "Somebody to Love" sounded. It was just a dream come true. And then we walked out to "Signed, Sealed, Delivered" by Stevie Wonder, and it was just so fun and relaxing at the same time during cocktail hour. Everyone loved the quartet and the music they played. The cost is also really competitive, so well worth it in my opinion. Having live music at a wedding is a must for those who deeply love and appreciate music, and Alexandra and her ensemble really fulfilled our wishes.

Profile Picture User7550630, Recently Married, 10 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music
Services Used: String-Quartet, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learn New Songs, Cello, Viola, Violin

Alexandra and her husband, Alexander, played during the Ceremony and Cocktail Hour for our wedding this past weekend. The music was perfect and at the right pace, especially during the Ceremony. My hubby has particular tastes in classical music, and they were very accommodating and helpful in music selection. Thank you both for making such beautiful music for our wedding!!

Profile Picture J, 6/24/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

We hired a duo ensemble violin and cello for our wedding and it was everything we could have hoped for!

Profile Picture Paige, 6/22/18, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Cello, Violin, Instrumental-Duo, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour

Alexandra and her musicians are absolutely incredible. Alexandra just played at our wedding last weekend with a quartet and the performance was well beyond our expectations. They play both the classics as well as string versions of current pop music EXTREMELY well. They blew us and our guests away. We could not recommend them more highly !!!!!

Profile Picture Daniel, 6/10/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music
Services Used: String-Quartet, Cello, Guitar, Violin, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour

We just had our wedding yesterday and we were VERY impressed with these lovely musicians! They were on time, prepared, and professional. They have a fabulous selection of music and were very easy to book. We did the Cello and Violin combo, and it was airy, beautiful & romantic! We will absolutely recommend them to friends and family.

Profile Picture Sarah, 6/2/18, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Ceremony, Cello, Violin

Very responsive. They work with you to create the perfect playlist and are extremely talented. My guests were very impressed. Highly recommend.

Profile Picture Michelle, 6/2/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

They were very responsive and professional in planning the songs and strategy for our wedding. And they even learned a new song for us. On our wedding day, they were even earlier expected, dressed professionally, and played very well. Our guests were impressed and their presence truly helped us create the atmosphere that we were going for. Their music was beautiful and we were more than happy to walk down the aisle while they were performing. We are recommending them to everyone.

Profile Picture Peter, 5/27/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music
Services Used: Cello, Violin, String-Quartet, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Learn New Songs

We hired Alexandra & Ensembles for our ceremony and cocktail hour music for our wedding last month, and they are a definite must hire if you are looking for live strings for your event! They were very responsive and have an unbelievable variety of music that they can do, extremely talented people. My guests were so impressed that they could seamlessly switch from classical to the game of thrones theme song! Hiring their strings duo was a definite highlight of the day :)

Profile Picture Sarah, 5/19/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

We hired a trio for my wedding. Alexandra was very flexible with music selection and very professional and attentive throughout the whole process. Arrived on time and played beautifully. No complaints. All around great experience.

Profile Picture Ann, 5/12/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Ceremony, Instrumental-Trio, Cello, Viola, Violin

My wife and I recently got married in Central Park. We hired Alexandra and her colleague as a two piece string set and they were fantastic. Super responsive and friendly and very reasonably priced for the quality of their service. They were on time for the wedding ceremony and played our requested songs beautifully during our time in the Park. Very professional and talented as musicians and our guests told us that they really enjoyed their contribution to our wedding ceremony. We would highly recommend Alexandra and WeddingGiggs to any other couples thinking of retaining them for their big day. N & G

Profile Picture N&G, 4/28/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Cello, Violin, Ceremony, Instrumental-Duo

I am so glad that I found Alexandra and her team! My husband and I were back and forth on if we should hire live music or just play a recording for our ceremony. One I spoke with Alexandra and listened to some of her recordings I was sold. The live music took our venue to the next level and our guests enjoyed hearing songs that they recognized.

Alexandra and her team were incredibly easy to book with and I could not recommend her services enough for your special day. Thanks again guys!

Best,
Brianne and Tom

Profile Picture Brianne, 4/27/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Loved!! Hired cellist (Alexandra) and pianist for our wedding ceremony back in January. It was SUCH a nice touch, simply beautiful. They were on time and did such a wonderful job, even played my request "FloRida, Good Feeling" as our recessional song. Highly recommend for a classy touch =)

Profile Picture Danielle, 1/20/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

We selected Alexandra from the website because of the reviews and she fit in our budget. We were so glad we did. She is very flexible because we weren't certain of the exact ceremony time in Central Park. The music was lovely and she let us select the songs and instruments we wanted. She was beyond our expectations!

Profile Picture Cathy, 10/20/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Ceremony, Cello, Violin, Instrumental-Duo

Alexandra and her fellow musicians were amazing! We hired Alexandra to play cello and she brought two violinists to complete the string trio. They played for our ceremony and our cocktail hour reception. The music sounded beautiful and they were incredibly professional. Alexandra was very quick to respond to my initial inquiries and to answer all of my questions. She has an extensive list of songs she performs and she agreed to play all the songs I requested. On the day of the wedding, it rained in the morning so they could no longer set up outdoors. They were very flexible and accommodating and everything worked out beautifully. I highly recommend Alexandra and her team!

Profile Picture Jenny, 10/14/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Alexandra & Ensembles were absolutely incredible! They played at the cocktail hour of our wedding in September, and were just amazing. The music was beautiful, and the team was absolutely top-notch professional. We received feedback from many of the wedding guests that the music was a phenomenal addition to cocktail hour. We would hire Alexandra & Ensembles again in a second for our next big event! Thanks again Alexandra & Ensembles!!

Profile Picture Frank, 9/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Alexandra & Ensembles made our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour unforgettable! Beautiful, Beautiful, Beautiful!!!

Profile Picture Dawn, 8/31/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Alexandra was an absolute pleasure to work with. We had a special song request for our ceremony since my husband is Scottish and she made it happen for us. We received so many compliments on her music. Do yourself a favor and don't look any further- book Alexandra!!

Profile Picture Katie, 8/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Learn New Songs, String-Quartet, Cello, Violin

Amazing! I loved having Alexandra play at my wedding. I couldn't have been happier with the quality, look, and feel they provided on our special day.

Profile Picture Mary, 8/18/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Alexandra and her quartet were fantastic! I played the violin through college and it was really important to me to have a really good string quartet that could play both modern and classical music. They executed it all so well! All of the guests were really getting into it, especially when familiar songs like the game of thrones theme song came on. Alexandra is also super responsive and easy to work with. We were so thankful to have them play at our wedding!

Profile Picture Laura, 8/6/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: String-Quartet, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Cello, Viola, Violin

Alexandra and her pianist did a phenomenal job providing beautiful music for our ceremony and cocktail hour. Alexandra was able to grant our wishes by playing current hits such as Ed Sheeran and Adele. Thank you so much for your wonderful talents and making our wedding so memorable!
-Stacey and Christopher

Profile Picture Stacey, 7/2/17, 10 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

I was lucky enough to have found Alexandra on wedding wire. My sister is obsessed with the cello and she convinced me to hire one early on in wedding planning, and I absolutely do not regret it! Alexandra was so patient with me, especially with my indecisiveness about song selections (we worked it out perfectly!) Alexandra and our piano player were perfect together! I wish I stayed around during cocktail hour to hear what other songs they played, but our guests informed me and my husband that they were absolutely amazing. I 100% recommend Alexandra & Ensembles for their services, you will not regret it.

Profile Picture Joanna, 6/10/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Cello, Piano, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumental-Duo

Alexandra was a dream to work with. She responds right away, is accommodating and reliable. She was able to arrange a song that meant a lot to my husband and I that was not in her listed repertoire. She is incredibly talented - the music sounded beautiful!

Profile Picture Amrita, 5/27/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music
Services Used: Cello, Guitar, Ceremony, Instrumentals, Learn New Songs, Instrumental-Duo