Alex Thornton Photography Reviews

Alex Thornton Photography 4
Alex Thornton Photography 5
  • macy

macy · Married on 08/03/2018

Alex was so amazing to work with! During our visit to Charleston, I really wanted some portraits of us around the city. Alex responded to my email right away. She suggested a beautiful part in the city to meet so we could walk around and take pictures. During our session she was the absolute sweetest, posed us, complimented us, and made us feel VERY comfortable being in front of the camera. She kept me up to date about when the photos would be ready. We got them today and they are GORGEOUS! She gave us so many to pick from. I can't wait to hang them up around our home. I am very happy we decided to book with Alex!

Alex Thornton Photography 6
    Alex Thornton Photography 7
    Alex Thornton Photography 8
    Alex Thornton Photography 9
    Alex Thornton Photography 10
    Sent on 08/24/2018

Sam · Married on 10/14/2017

My partner and I knew from the moment we first spoke with Alex on the phone...she was the right person to photograph our wedding. You can feel the excitement, care and pride that she takes in her work from her voice alone. When you meet her, she just immediately puts you at ease and she does wonderful things with both digital and film photography. She did such an impeccable job capturing our special day at The Inn at Middleton Place in Charleston, SC. We will forever be grateful for her and her talents! Highly recommend her!!

Alex Thornton Photography 11
    Alex Thornton Photography 19
    Alex Thornton Photography 20
    Sent on 11/09/2017

Denise · Married on 11/19/2016

There are not enough positive words in the dictionary to describe Alex and Sean! They are truly the sweetest and most genuine people you will ever meet, and they do the most phenomenal work. I have been lucky to call them friends for several years now and have watched this company grow and develop. We love their attention to detail and the quality of the final product. The pictures are one of the most important parts of the wedding. They are the memories you have from the day, and Alex has a true gift for capturing the most timeless ones while making you feel so comfortable during the process. She has such a calming energy that any couple needs on their wedding day! I knew without any doubt that I wanted Alex Thornton Photography to capture our day, and I cannot recommend them enough!

Sent on 11/29/2016

Haley · Married on 10/21/2016

From the very beginning, Alex and her husband Sean were simply amazing! I knew shortly after meeting them both at a bridal show in Charleston that they were our people. My now husband (Eric) and I shared the same vision in what we wanted in our pictures- we wanted them to be timeless- man did they deliver. I am still drooling over our engagement pictures from over a year ago and after seeing a sneak peek of our wedding pictures, I am blown away and so excited to see the rest! On top of beautiful photos, the duo makes you feel so comfortable and at ease. They are not only some of the friendliest people I've ever met, but also so genuine. I couldn't have imagined sharing our day with anyone else! Thank you again and again for making not only our day but this journey so special! I consider myself very lucky to have met and worked with you both!

Sent on 11/01/2016

Sara · Married on 10/01/2016

It has taken me a while to write a review because I just don't think words could do ATP justice. Every bride needs an "Alex" on their Wedding day. Alex is probably the most special person I have ever met in my life. She truly cares about you and she has a way of making you feel like the most wonderful person on the planet. We found her through Nashville's Rising Tide Society. My husband and I knew within 2 minutes of meeting her she was perfect for us.

Alex not only delivered us the most beautiful wedding gallery I have ever seen but she also added something to our day. Alex was born for wedding days, she brings this tranquil energy that is so needed. We had so much fun with her and her husband, Sean. Speaking of Sean, he is pretty great too! We made some amazing memories with them on our big day. I know we would have felt like something was missing if it was anyone else.

Sent on 11/16/2016
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 08/27/2016

I don't even know where to start. This girl truly made such an impact on my life and my entire wedding experience. I can't say enough wonderful things about her and her work. I had a fortuitous meeting with her at a bridal show in Nashville and it was undeniable how incredible she is. Her work accurately reflects her beauty on the inside and out! When my now husband met her at our engagement session, he felt too, as if she had been a lifelong friend. She has a gift for capturing and bringing to life the most incredible photos of memories you'll cherish forever. She really knows how to bring out the best in her clients and in the environment she shoots in. She made our wedding day beyond a dream come true. I wouldn't have wanted to share it with anyone else or have trusted anyone to bring my vision to life as accurately as she did. And how enjoyable to spend it with someone I now and will always consider a dear friend!!! I continue and will forever sing her praises for my exceptionally perfect engagement and wedding photographer and photos!!! I cannot thank her enough for being so kind, professional, caring, attentive, efficient, and overall simply perfect in all ways. She made every aspect of this experience exciting, effortless, fun and memorable from beginning to end. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Alex, for being you and sharing your gift with us!!! I'm so grateful and love you dearly!

Sent on 10/01/2016

Janelle · Married on 06/26/2016

Alex and Sean are absolutely amazing! I can not say enough about this incredibly talented team. They captured every detail of our wedding day so perfectly; if we had to do it over again, we would choose them again! Alex is so calming and gracious, something every bride appreciates on her wedding day. They were very professional, stuck to the timeline, and made us feel so comfortable. We will treasure our photos for the rest of our lives!

Sent on 07/18/2016

Rebecca · Married on 12/04/2015

Alex and her husband did the photography for our wedding. They are both beyond amazing and so sweet and enthusiastic. We decided to do a first look before the wedding and that was the best decision ever, it definitely helped both me and my husband with our nerves and it was a very special moment. They made us feel so comfortable when getting pictures taken on our wedding day even when we did a few of the traditional awkward poses. Alex was so quick to get back to every email I sent and took time to explain details to me to help me stay a calm bride! I highly recommend Alex Thornton Photography to friends or strangers!

Sent on 12/16/2015

Shannon · Married on 04/04/2015

Where do I begin? First of all, Alex is my sister-in-law. How lucky am I? I love her work and was so happy that she was willing to capture our Texas wedding for us! She is such a sweet and beautiful person inside and out, and she has a calming influence in stressful situations. Up to and during the wedding, she communicated with me about what I wanted, asking about special little things and important guests to capture in photographs. She coordinated with our DJ/Emcee to make sure that everything went smoothly and that she was there to get a picture of all the important moments. She even filled in as the voice of reason and reassured me when I was overwhelmed. It was really cool that my brother was helping out as her second shooter as well - They are such a cute couple :-)
    If you pick any other photographer... You are so duuumb! Alex is hands-down the BEST!

Sent on 04/23/2015

Brenna · Married on 11/08/2014

I think one of the best things about our wedding was being able to work with Alex Thornton. Alex is very professional, but also so much fun to work with! My husband and I aren't really "picture people," but Alex made our engagement session so much fun, we forgot to think about the camera and just had a good time hanging out. On the day of our wedding, she and Beth were absolutely amazing! They were both so energetic and bubbly, it just made me even more excited and happy about the wedding!

Alex is as a talented a photographer as she is a wonderful person; our engagement pictures were gorgeous, and I know our wedding pictures will be too! Alex is very prompt in responding to emails, and will send you updates after the wedding too (she emailed me recently to let me know how the wedding pictures were coming and said they would be sent in the next couple of weeks).

Choosing Alex Thornton Photography for our wedding and engagement pictures was absolutely one of the best wedding decisions we made!

Sent on 12/14/2014

Alex is an absolutely wonderful photographer! She did our engagements photos, a bridal portrait session and both her and her husband shot our wedding day! She is very professional and fun, making it easy to be in front of the camera! She is genuine, sincere, beyond talented, very responsive in communication and flexible! Alex is full of ideas and very receptive to your input in your day! I would choose Alex to shoot our big day all over again and look forward to working with her in the future!

Sent on 01/13/2014

Robyn · Married on 10/26/2013

Alex Thornton is the epitome of a class act. She is absolutely the sweetest person I think I have ever met. From the start it was such a breeze from our first coffee meeting to our sparkler send off at our wedding. She handles herself with such professionalism and grace and makes you feel so comfortable. My husband absolutely hates and I mean hates having his picture taken, but with Alex around it just felt right and not forced. She has such an eye for photography and I couldn't be happier with our beautiful pictures. She address issues with ease and has the ability to work with a crowd while still capturing all of our sweet memories from our special day. I will be on the phone with her as soon as we find out we are pregnant to have her do our maternity and newborn photographs. I highly recommend her services, and can honestly say that I have gained a new friend. Thank you Alex for being you.

Sent on 02/01/2014

Anna · Married on 10/19/2013

I do not have enough words to describe Alex and her husband, but I will try. Alex was a bride's dream photographer. When my (now) husband and I first got engaged, a photographer who would capture our day was my biggest concern. From the first time that Alex and I met, I felt at ease. When I first viewed some of her work, I told my mom, "I think she (Alex) is it!" Throughout the entire wedding planning process, choosing Alex was the thing that I was most sure of.
    Alex took notes when we met so that she would be sure to capture the details and moments that were most important to me, she responded quickly whenever I had another concern or request, and even though I was one of a few weddings she had in the fall, I never felt like "just another bride".
    Alex arrived to the church minutes after I arrived to get ready, and was right there with me all day. Her eye for detail is astounding, and she has a calming spirit that made it hard to be nervous in front of the camera.
    Alex's husband, Sean, was our second shooter for our wedding. Sean also did an amazing job with the guys and captured some amazing detail shots that I love! Sean was able to capture moments with my husband before the ceremony that I would not have seen if it weren't for him.
    This is a long review, I know, but I honestly can't imagine having anyone else photograph our wedding. Every time I look at our images, I relive that wonderful day and how special it was. The moments they captured are priceless. I feel like choosing Alex and Sean was one of the best decisions that we made. We can honestly say that Alex and Sean are our friends and we are truly grateful.

Sent on 02/08/2014

Shelly · Married on 06/22/2013

She did a great job and was extremely enthusiastic and responsive to any photo ideas we had. She went the extra mile for us! She even came the week before to find the venue ahead of time so she could be there exactly on time on our wedding day. I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 07/14/2013