327 Reviews for Alex Kaplan Photography

Slideshow (4)
Canvas (3)
Matted Prints (2)
Trash The Dress (1)

At my initial meeting with Alex, he waited an extra hour for my fiance and me to arrive because of traffic. Once, we arrived we saw his work and knew we had found our wedding photographer. We booked the wedding, a photo booth, and an engagement session all during this visit. I recently received my engagement photos and was excited at how beautiful they came out. I want to point out that this company exceeds professionalism. The price is affordable and the pictures were breathtaking. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for a photographer for any occasion.

Profile Picture Toni, 4/12/19, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography
Services Used: Canvas, Digital Files, Engagement Shoot

We used Alex Kaplan for engagement pictures and plan to use them for our wedding. They were so flexible and willing to work with us on such short notice. Since we were only in town for a few days around the Thanksgiving holiday, we were able to organize everything the week of and they were willing to come take our photos on Friday morning after Thanksgiving. Everyone was great to work with, our pictures are beautiful with so many options to chose from, and we can't wait to have the team be part of our special day next year!

Profile Picture Chelsea, 11/24/18, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Videography
Services Used: One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Albums, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs

My fiance and I booked Alex for a photo shoot for our engagement/save the date pictures at our favorite beach town Stone Harbor, NJ. Not only was he on time and professional, he was willing to drive a good distance to accommodate us for our meeting place. He had a great balance of allowing us to direct some photos/poses but also had great ideas of how to incorporate the surroundings and make each picture amazing. It took him less than a week to get the pictures back to us and there wasn't a single picture we didn't like. Can't wait to see what he will do to capture our wedding and have pictures to look back on for years to come.

Profile Picture Maggie, 10/27/18, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Videography

We had our Engagement Session a few weeks ago and we were so happy with the outcome of our pictures! We had brought our dog and other props with us and our photographer was so patient and made sure every picture came out perfect! We are looking forward to seeing all the amazing shots that will be captured on our wedding day!

Profile Picture Julie, 9/29/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

Excellent engagement shoot. Alex was very professional and kept us smiling throughout the session. Even with chilly temperatures and wind our photos came out beautiful. Can't thank Alex Kaplan Photography enough!!

Profile Picture Jessica , 9/1/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

The day was PICTURE perfect and impeccably captured by the staff of Alex Kaplan Photography. All the staff was very professional and knew what to do. As soon as they arrived, before I even got to the venue, the photographers captured the venue and my dress. They captured every moment of the day in an organized and professional way. They knew exactly which shot to take. I am so pleased with my experience. If you’re looking for an affordable option for your event, Alex Kaplan Photography is the way to go!

Profile Picture Stacy, 6/2/18, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Videography

These guys were truly phenomenal. They got all of the pictures we needed, without being underfoot. We had 2 photographers Alex and J and they were so professional! Alex was in charge of the candid pictures, while J had an eye for the posed ones. Once we were done with the family pictures and wedding party pictures I honestly didn't see Alex again. He completely blended in, it was amazing. He managed to capture a ton of awesome moments that I had forgotten. The pictures that J set up and we posed for are just soooo, wow. Breathtaking. I had no idea when we were doing it how amazing it would come out, but wow. That's all I can say. I will note that some of the pictures of people walking down the aisle have a bit too much flash, but I think that's more because the lighting in the venue was not the greatest so they made do with what they could. Still, even with extra flash the pictures are gorgeous, so I'm not displeased at all. Also, during wedding party/family pictures whenever Jasmine was setting up a picture Alex would be facing the other way taking pictures of the groups of people not in the pictures. Seeing their reactions as we posed or set up, was truly special. I highly recommend them!

Photos
Profile Picture Chelsea, 5/27/18, 9 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Albums, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs

Alex and his team are great to work with! It turns out the weather did not want to cooperate with us and we had to reschedule our engagement photos three times! The team was so professional, understanding and fit us in during this busy wedding season! We cannot wait for the wedding day photos come May!

We booked Alex for our May 2018 wedding and just got the pictures back! They are stunning. All of the photographers and videographer were awesome to work with. Jasmine was incredible with the posed shots and Alex was amazing in the background with the candids. Going into wedding planning, my most important vendor was the photographer because we will have these photos for the rest of our lives... Alex and his team did not disappoint! Thank you for capturing our day so perfectly!

Profile Picture Samantha, 5/26/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Videography

Alex Kaplan truly has an amazing team. We just received our Engagement pictures and they are jaw dropping! Michael (one of his photographers) is very down to earth and patient, despite the sudden drop in temperature. He was professional and comforting. He made sure to capture every detail in our pictures. We cannot wait to see our future wedding pictures. We are so thankful.

Profile Picture Catia , 4/28/18, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Videography

They were amazing to work with. Very attentive to what I wanted in our pictures. Highly recommend them, it was great the way they photograph. they give you space and capture amazing moments.

Profile Picture Nicole, 4/15/18, 3 Reviews
Services Used: One Event/Day

Where do we even begin to describe how amazing Alex Kaplan Photo is? From the very beginning when we first discussed photography options via email, Ann, the studio manager, guided us through the entire process and always answered emails and phone calls. She was so patient as she thoroughly answered all of my questions. My husband and I had the pleasure of meeting Alex for our first meeting. Alex was personable and asked us questions, so that he got to know us as a couple. On our wedding day, we got to work with Michael, one of the photographers. Outstanding doesn’t even begin to describe his work. Michael was very professional and easy to talk to. He made both my husband and I feel so comfortable taking photos. It was also evident that he looked through our file as he knew specifics about us and what we wanted in our photos. Throughout the night, Michael took photos without ever making us feel overwhelmed. He took the traditional posed photos but then "snuck" around the night capturing those intimate moments. Michael’s photos turned out absolutely beautiful. We are so happy that we will have these photos forever to remember our wedding day. We can’t say thank you enough to everyone at Alex Kaplan Photography!

Profile Picture Lauren, 4/5/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

We recently had our engagement photos done and we are very happy with the results! There were so many pictures to choose from and our family had a hard time picking their favorites. The staff was very responsive,accommodating, and organized. I was relieved to find out that we can have great quality pictures at a great price! Our engagement photographer, Aaron was awesome and flexible with changing the time last minute. I highly recommend Alex Kaplan Photography!

Profile Picture Nicole, 3/24/18, 8 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Proofs, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations

Alex Kaplan Photography made our wedding experience! They were extremely professional and really helped to capture all of those special moments of our wedding day. They were flexible when it came to coordinating pictures around all of our various ceremonial events, helpful with coming up with creative ideas for unique photo opportunities, and very actively engaged with capturing the guests and us without being obstructive during the ceremony and reception. The final pictures came out amazing, and we truly are appreciative of all of the efforts that went into making such a high quality product. Alex and his team certainly have a passion and attention to detail that is evident in their work!

Profile Picture Averi, 1/11/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Digital Files

Our Engagement Session was enjoyable and professional. The pictures came out great!! Our photographer was so patient with us especially when trying to get that perfect picture with our three dogs. Can't wait for our wedding and to see all the beautiful shots capturing our special day!!

Profile Picture Christina, 12/16/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Alex Kaplan and his team are amazing! From start to finish, the photographers made sure our day went smoothly and all of the special moments we experienced were captured. After viewing our photos, we are speechless! There are some of the most beautiful candid and posed photos I have ever seen. I can't recommend Alex Kaplan enough and how happy we are that we chose him for our special day! His team will capture all of your precious moments in the most beautiful way!

Profile Picture Christina, 12/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Videography

We hired Alex Kaplan for photography and videography for our December wedding. Alex & Co. caught every special moment, made sure we had all the staged photos we wanted and even braved the Hudson breeze so we had the NYC backdrop!! From the first planning meeting to the last Alex was professional, informative and easy to be around. Would highly recommend Alex Kaplan to anyone!

Profile Picture Victoria, 12/16/17, 1 Review

Profile Picture Victoria, 12/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Videography
Services Used: Proofs, One Event/Day, Second Shooter, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Slideshow

Professionalism and Creativity

The first word that comes to my mind when I was working with Alex Kaplan photography is a professionalism. From the first contact till the receiving of final results EVERYTHING was HIGLY Professional. But when you are looking at his photo you can see and feel the artist behind the camera.
Pictures captured not just a moment but also emotions and impressions that are very hard to catch, but this is what you want to see when you are looking on the pictures of unforgettable life events, and this is what you are getting when hiring this team. We couldn’t be more happy with our final results. Definitely 5 stars …..

Profile Picture irina, 12/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Videography

give mo a raise she's was the best one

Profile Picture popo, 11/25/17, 9 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Videography

We used Alex Kaplan for our pictures, videographer and photo booth, and it was by far the best decision we made. They made the process so easy and stress free. And for our wedding it felt as though we had our own paparazzi. That were professional and took the best photos that completely captured the spirit and emotion of that day!

Profile Picture Kylie, 11/25/17, 3 Reviews

November 2017:
My husband and I used Alex Kaplan and his team for our wedding on November 18, 2017. We truly do not have enough wonderful things to say about him. From the moment they walked in to the bridal suite, I was confident they were going to be outstanding. They got shots ranging from beautiful details to perfectly arranged family photos (of up to 30 people in one pic!). They were incredibly understanding and listened to all of our requests as well. During the ceremony, they took lovely pictures without ever being intrusive of the sensitivity of the ceremony. They also got fantastic shots of our guests at the reception. Everyone who we've shown pictures has been very impressed with the quality of images. Ultimately, we would HIGHLY recommend Alex Kaplan and his team! Thanks for a great job!

November 2016:

Great pictures! We met with two photographers about two weeks ago and our photos are already ready! They came out great. We got about 400 pictures in about an hour, so we had great variety to choose from. Also, my fiancé and I were nervous, but they were both so professional and helpful with us. Also, the company is very prompt with emails and questions - they are great to work with. I would definitely recommend Alex Kaplan!

Profile Picture Lisa, 11/18/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, Digital Files, Proofs

Amazing Photographer. I had two shooters on my day and they were amazing. We received some of the most amazing detail shots. They were patient with us (girls). they gave us great direction for our shots and most of all took dope photos.

Profile Picture Silver , 11/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Videography

My husband and I had our wedding 11/11. From the first email to our last recent email, I could rant for hours and days over their professionalism, their response to my questions and concerns, their amazing work. The photographers Jasmin and Rena were absolutely amazing! So professional, personable, love for their job, attentive to details and wants to photographs were amazing! I can go on for days. The web album is absolutely amazing! I can not stop looking at them! Thank you Alex Kaplan for the amazing service!!! We are in love with your work!

Profile Picture Gina , 11/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Videography

We got married Oct 22 2017 and used Alex Kaplan for both photo and video. Our package deal was at an amazing price, no one could beat. To start, the communication with Ann from the beginning was incredible. She is very knowledgeable and I always received a prompt response. They make sure they understand you as a couple, your wants and needs for the big day. This is especially appreciated because it made it so easy to work with them and it shows how special they treat each of their clients. Our photographers, Kathy and Matthew, showed up on time and were great to work with. They were very friendly and captured so many incredible moments and you hardly knew it was happening (really are like photo ninjas) !!! Their style of shooting was fantastic - we got our posed photos, creative photos, and moments that are so genuine and real you can feel the emotions of the people in them. Reina, our videographer, took the same approach. Always capturing the best moments but you hardly knew she was there. She was really sweet and such a pleasure to work with. Pictures and videos are timeless, and I can't thank Alex and his staff enough for giving me these memories that I will cherish as well as being super great to work with. I would recommend Alex and his talented staff to anyone because you can't beat this quality at the incredible price they offer. Booking with them is just one less worry! :)

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/22/17, 2 Reviews