Alex Kaplan Photo - Video -Photo Booth Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner

Marissa R. Getting married on 03/16/2023

Amazing photos

My fiancé and I finally met Alex to take our engagement photos! What a great experience! I am very shy and he made us feel very comfortable! The photos came out beautiful, can’t wait for our wedding day!
  • Shauna
    Shauna M. Getting married on 10/29/2022

Absolutely amazing!

We had such an awesome time meeting with Alex and having our engagement photo session. He made us feel comfortable, was super easy to work with and took amazing pictures! He varied the poses, backgrounds, angles and so much more and really gave us an over the top experience. He also got all of our pictures back to us super quickly and was very attentive in making sure we were happy with how everything went! We would 100% recommend him for any event!
  • Heather
    Heather O. Getting married on 10/08/2022

Amazing Photographer!

We just had our engagement shoot with Alex, and I'm blown away by how amazing our photos turned out. I'm generally not super photogenic, and my fiance is kind of quiet, and somehow Alex made us look amazing. His personality is super friendly but laid back enough to make anyone comfortable with him, and we had so much fun at our shoot! I'm in love with all of our photos and honestly can't wait for him to photograph our wedding. His prices might be affordable, but you'd never be able to tell from the quality of his work or the great professionalism we experienced. Go hire him now!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Katie K. Married on 06/25/2022

Great Service!

Had an engagement shoot with Alex and he was very courteous and professional. The shots came out great! We can't wait for our wedding day!
    Margaret F. Married on 06/25/2022

Wonderful Engagement Session

We had a great time with Alex for our engagement session. He provided lots of instruction during the session to help us with the photos (that was very wanted and needed). The pictures came out beautifully.
  • Dayna
    Dayna C. Married on 06/12/2022

Best photos ever!

We met Alex Kaplan this past Thursday, and we had such a fantastic time! Alex was so down to earth and fun. He made us feel so comfortable and confident when taking pictures, he even taught us how to pose best. Our photos came out amazing with such great details!! We had so much fun, and Alex had such great ideas for pictures!! Alex is extremely talented in his work and I would recommend him to anyone! Thank you so much for making our engagement pictures perfect!

Update!
    Alex Kaplan and his team are absolutely wonderful! Every special moment was captured at our engagement session, and at our wedding! The photos are creative and beautiful! All of the little details that you would want in your photos are captured! I would definitely rehire for any other special occasion!! All of our wedding photos are so special!!
  • Kristen
    Kristen A. Married on 06/11/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Great engagement shoot, excited for the wedding!

My fiancé and I had our engagement shoot with Alex last week, and we could not be happier with the experience! Our shoot was supposed to happen on a very windy day (gusts up to 60 mph), so Alex quickly rescheduled us to the following day. He was friendly and very knowledgeable as he guided us through lots of different poses in different spots. He gave us suggestions but also made sure to include any ideas my fiancé and I had. The turnaround for the photos was extremely fast, and we love them! The overall pricing is very reasonable as well. We cannot wait for our wedding in June 2022 and the wedding photos and videos we will receive from Alex and his team!
  • Pretty
    Pretty H. Married on 06/04/2022

Absolutely Amazing!

Where do we even start?! Alex and his team are absolutely amazing! We could not be happier with our choice. They are professional, and literally capture EVERY. SINGLE. MOMENT! Going through the photos, it looks like they were in so many places at once - we don't even know how they did it. Their turnaround on the photos after the wedding was SO QUICK, our guests were impressed when we shared their photos with them! The only problem is - we have SO MANY FAVORITES, we don't even know where to start with choosing which ones to print!

If you can, definitely pay to secure Alex as your photographer, and get that engagement session beforehand. It helped break the ice, and gave us peace of mind that we were confident with our photography choice going into the wedding. We're normally super awkward in front of the camera, so it also gave us some practice before the big day!
    Analee P. Married on 06/04/2022

Outstanding Experience

If I could recommend one photographer for the rest of my life it would be Alex Kaplan! Every single moment was captured throughout our special day and I am forever grateful for that! They were extremely professional but also super fun and made the day that much more exciting! Our photos were done way before our given date as well! Thank you again for such an amazing experience!
    Joyce L. Married on 06/04/2022

Highly Recommend!

We recently had an engagement shoot with Alex, and are thrilled with the quality of his photos! We were impressed with his ability to capture us in a graceful manner despite our usual awkwardness in front of the camera. He provided helpful directions to ensure we achieved the perfect pose, while simultaneously constructing a beautiful composition through his lens. His ability to use the light, and navigate depth of field gave us a reel with many options to choose from.

He was prompt, professional, and easy to work with, and we are so excited to have him booked as our wedding photographer this summer!
  • Carlos
    Carlos B. Married on 05/27/2022

Outstanding Team

Jasmin our photographer and the team at Alex Kaplan were outstanding. They were extremely flexible with respect to rescheduling after we postponed our wedding due to Covid. Jasmin arrived promptly the day of and took beautiful posed and candid photos. She offered her own suggestions while still prioritizing the pictures we requested. Two weeks after the wedding, the photos were delivered promptly via dropbox. She was a delight to work with and we would absolutely hire them again in the future.
  • Lindsay
    Lindsay M. Married on 05/25/2022

Engagement photos

Where do I even begin… we booked Alex for our wedding and added on the engagement session. We met with Alex yesterday for our engagement session and he was SO incredibly nice and felt like a life long friend. My Fiancé and I are awkward in front of cameras (as most couples would say about themselves) but you wouldn’t know it by looking at our photos! Alex knew exactly how to pose us and what to say to make us giggle which resulted in some beautiful candid laughing and smiling shots. Neither my fiancé nor myself have ever gotten photographed before and Alex was great at telling us what to do and how to pose to make it look natural. I was super nervous to get the pictures because I was afraid we were awkward looking but no OMG they came out absolutely perfect and so beautiful. We felt like he captured the very essence of our relationship and I’m absolutely OBSESSED with our pictures. I’m literally SO excited for him to capture our wedding day. 10/10 would HIGHLY recommend!!
  • Gabriella
    Gabriella A. Married on 05/21/2022

Excellent experience!

Alex recently just did our engagement photos, and the experience could not have been more enjoyable. Alex was professional and very fun to work with. Even my fiancé who wants nothing to do with Photos enjoyed the experience and enjoyed working with Alex giving him clear direction and advice. Alex also makes suggestions but does not assert you must do what he says, which is great. All of the photos in the web album are great quality, and amazing shots. Our wedding is coming up and could not be happier with our decision to use Alex Kaplan. We have already recommended his services to family, and would encourage anyone to reach out to him!
    Mikayla K. Married on 05/14/2022

A magical backyard wedding

To the man that made the day to always remember and cherish far down the line. I cannot be more happy with how Alex was able to capture each and every moment. It was so easy to flow through the day knowing that Alex was there to take each moment and turn it into a story that we will always be able to look at and know what that moment felt like.

Do not look any further as Alex is your guy, the one that will make your day magical! I cannot wait until my next event when I can book Alex again.
    J Lee Married on 05/12/2022

Surprise Proposal

Alex Kaplan provides fantastic service and transparency when it comes to your special day.
    Thank you for making the surprise proposal shoot such a memorable one! I would definitely recommend to all my friends and family! Most importantly my Fiancé loved the photos!!!
  • Missy
    Missy D. Married on 04/29/2022

Enjoyable and very professional

Alex was really amazing to work with. He had a really calming, professional presence that allowed us to get comfortable with him very quickly. He came prepared with posing suggestions, which made our pictures that much better. Alex does quality work on pictures that you will look back on for years to come. Our engagement shoot is just a taste of what is to come on our wedding day, and we can’t wait to see the work he will do on our special day.
  • Elizabeth
    Elizabeth B. Married on 04/03/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

I love my wedding photos so much!

We hired Alex for our wedding and he and his second photographer Jasmine were amazing! They captured our wedding day absolutely beautifully, and then got the pictures to us a couple days later which was impressive. Jasmine even helped pin on all the guys (and some of the girls) flowers because they needed help doing it correctly. They captured so many beautiful moments and were not distracting during the ceremony etc. Also, they were respectful of our time-frame and getting formal portraits done with enough time that my husband and I could enjoy most of our cocktail hour that we didn't want to miss out on. Alex and Jasmine were both very friendly, professional and good at what they do. We didn't have to stress at all while working with them. We would highly recommend them to anyone else looking for a fantastic photographer to capture their special day.
    Joe M. Married on 03/18/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Fantastic, professional experience at our big day!

My wife & I can't say enough good things about Alex and his team. They were so professional, friendly & thorough throughout the whole process-from planning to meeting them in person at our big day to working with you them during it all! Plus their prices are unbeatable too (especially compared to other photography companies)!

If anyone wants an amazing photo or video taken then I definitely recommend using this company because they really do take care of everything; their speed with the final photos & videos was the icing on the cake, they came earlier than expected and each was excellent so there was no deleting tens or hundreds of photos that had someone blinking or making a funny face. We appreciate the professionalism and would hire them again in a heartbeat.
    Kara L. Married on 02/18/2022

Great to work with!

Alex and his crew were incredible to work with. I highly recommend using them for all of your photography and videography needs. They made my wedding day and the process beforehand completely stress free by being responsive, knowledgeable and organized. They know how to give direction and at the same time take direction, which is important because it was clear he was the expert but I felt heard and everything I requested was taken care of. They also had personalities and that makes a difference when you are with them the whole day! An extra bonus is how reasonable their prices are. Thanks again Alex for capturing such beautiful moments that will now last a lifetime!
    Jaclyn R. Married on 12/16/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Awesome team to work with!

Alex Kaplan and the team was so easy and wonderful to work with from beginning to end! I was able to set up an easy monthly payment plan with email reminders each month, they sent the sweetest photographer to work with on our wedding day who really listened to our requests, and they have been prompt about sending back our photos and answering our questions. I highly recommend you book with Alex Kaplan!
    Amy A. Married on 12/05/2021

Amazing photographer!

Can’t say enough good things about Alex Kaplan! We got our engagement photos back, and absolutely love them. The quality is amazing and the turn around time was pretty quick. My fiance and I both consider ourselves people who hate getting our photo taken, but Alex put us at ease, made us feel comfortable, and we laughed the whole time. 10/10 would recommend, can’t wait for our wedding with him as well.
  • Amy
    Amy H. Married on 12/05/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Amazing team, LOVE our pictures!

For our wedding photo and video, we used Alex Kaplan Photo, and are so happy we did. Alex did our engagement pictures which we loved, so we were already looking forward to having his company shoot our wedding. We are not photo people, so feeling comfortable was big for us. Andrea and Elliott were our photographers for the day, and they were amazing!! They were so friendly, energetic, and on-point. They got all the pictures we asked for, and put us a little out of our comfort zone to get incredible shots we never would have imagined. But we laughed the whole way through it, and it truly created fun memories. And they were quick! We did our first look and all of our pictures before our ceremony so we could enjoy cocktail hour, and we didn’t feel like we needed any more after. We got our pictures back 12/28 and our wedding was 12/5, with a estimated timeline of 35 business days, so they were way early and we are so pleased with our full gallery. The pictures are classic, and will be treasured forever. Seriously so happy, and would highly recommend.
    For video, we had Serg as our videographer, and he was awesome as well. You can tell he loved what he does, and we had so much fun working with him. We cannot wait to see our video!
  • Scott
    Scott N. Married on 11/14/2021

Professional, flexible and efficient~

Alex Kaplan and his team were a pleasure to work with from the beginning to the end. Molly was awesome at capturing our day. They were professional, flexible, efficient and captured moments of our wedding day that we will cherish forever. Abby and I were very impressed with how well the team directed us in order to capture all our photos in a timely and effective manner. We love every picture that was in our album. The team was able to take pictures in a manner that did not interfere with the day or our guests. Alex and his team took the time to understand what kind of photos we were looking for and they surely delivered. Thank you again for all of your hard work!
  • Strawberry
    Strawberry G. Married on 11/07/2021

So happy!

I heard about Alex Kaplan photography from my friend who got married earlier this year. She raved about how great the company was and how easy to work with. When I first spoke to Alex, he was helpful with packages in budget and went above and beyond to ask questions about family, bridal party, locations etc. to make everything as easy as possible. The day of the wedding, I had Jasmine as a photographer. She was so sweet and amazing! We obtained all of the shots we requested and before she left, she even asked if there was anything else, which I thought was very kind! I was so happy with the services I received before, during and after my wedding. I def. recommend!
  • Hekele88
    Het. Married on 10/30/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I actually did all of my planning with Alex online and didn't meet him until the day of my wedding, but we was everything I wanted/needed in a photographer. I did not have to wait for weeks on end like I hear some brides do to get the finished photos, and when I saw them for the first time I was so happy, words can't really express. The style of photos were both portrait-type shots and journalistic as well so it was a great mix. The price he charges is more than reasonable for the quality of photos you get. Alex was great to work with, very kind, very professional, and even my family commented how he was always around when the good photos ops were happening, so I can't thank him enough. I highly recommend him!
illustration stars