Alex Kaplan Photography Reviews

345 Alex Kaplan Photography Reviews
  • Danica

Danica · Getting married on 10/25/2019

Engagement Session

My Fiancé and I booked our Engagement Session with Alex Kaplan for October 18th! When we arrived and met with our Photographer and his assistant, we immediately felt welcomed and comfortable. Our photographer helped us pose in a variety of ways that captured our authentic happiness and love. I could not be more ecstatic of how the photos came out and am VERY excited for our wedding session next year!

Toni · Getting married on 04/12/2019

At my initial meeting with Alex, he waited an extra hour for my fiance and me to arrive because of traffic. Once, we arrived we saw his work and knew we had found our wedding photographer. We booked the wedding, a photo booth, and an engagement session all during this visit. I recently received my engagement photos and was excited at how beautiful they came out. I want to point out that this company exceeds professionalism. The price is affordable and the pictures were breathtaking. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for a photographer for any occasion.

Chelsea · Getting married on 11/24/2018

We used Alex Kaplan for engagement pictures and plan to use them for our wedding. They were so flexible and willing to work with us on such short notice. Since we were only in town for a few days around the Thanksgiving holiday, we were able to organize everything the week of and they were willing to come take our photos on Friday morning after Thanksgiving. Everyone was great to work with, our pictures are beautiful with so many options to chose from, and we can't wait to have the team be part of our special day next year!

Salvatore · event on: 05/04/2018

Our Engagement photo shoot in Central Park on 5/5/18 was great! Our photographer, Michael, was well experienced & made us feel at ease through the entire shoot. We often feel that we’re not the most photogenic couple, but we’re very happy with how the majority of our pictures came out. This shoot assured us that we picked the right company to shoot our Wedding in November! Not to mention, their prices were unmatched by several other places.

amanda · Married on 11/04/2018

We had our engagement shoot at bear mountain a few weeks ago. Our photographer was very professional, and really took some great shots. He made us feel comfortable and was able
    To
    Catch some beautiful candid moments. We can’t wait for the wedding, we know the pictures will also be great!

Maggie · Married on 10/27/2018

My fiance and I booked Alex for a photo shoot for our engagement/save the date pictures at our favorite beach town Stone Harbor, NJ. Not only was he on time and professional, he was willing to drive a good distance to accommodate us for our meeting place. He had a great balance of allowing us to direct some photos/poses but also had great ideas of how to incorporate the surroundings and make each picture amazing. It took him less than a week to get the pictures back to us and there wasn't a single picture we didn't like. Can't wait to see what he will do to capture our wedding and have pictures to look back on for years to come.

• Julie

Julie · Married on 09/29/2018

We had our Engagement Session a few weeks ago and we were so happy with the outcome of our pictures! We had brought our dog and other props with us and our photographer was so patient and made sure every picture came out perfect! We are looking forward to seeing all the amazing shots that will be captured on our wedding day!

Caroline O'Donnell · Married on 09/29/2018

What an amazing photographer.

Alex Kaplan photo could not have been a better choice for our wedding. From the beginning, the team was helpful, knowledgeable, sweet and excited to help. We got married on a beautiful September day in Kingston, NY. Marcus, the photographer, came with us to the church, a photo session on a nearby bridge, and to the reception. He was fantastic. He captured our day perfectly. We wanted a lot of candid photos with not too many portraits and he delivered. He was fun, sweet and very talented. I am so happy I went with this great team. I would highly recommend you give them a call.

Julie · Married on 09/29/2018

They're so good!

Alex and his team did such a great job capturing every moment on our wedding day! They were very down to earth and made everyone feel very comfortable and made our wedding day even more special. We booked them a year out and since then I have been constantly communicating with Ann and she's been so good! Our photos came out just perfect and I highly recommend them to future brides out there!

Bethenise · Married on 09/14/2018

Wonderful Experience!

Alex Kaplan and his team were amazing and very professional from beginning to end. My husband and I really love our pictures and the whole experience was great. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a photographer. Thanks for making us so comfortable and relaxed on our wedding day. We appreciate all your help and your lovely shots.

Danielle · Married on 09/07/2018

Wedding photos

The photographers were great! They did an awesome job and were open to our ideas and had great ideas for photos as well. We received so many awesome photos to help us remember our special day/night. I would definitely recommend Alex Kaplan Photo, and would use them again.

• Mariela

Mariela · Married on 09/07/2018

Amazing Photographer

Alex and team are the best photographers! From the very beginning of planning I knew how important pictures are so I did so much research and met with a few photographers, hands down Alex was the best. From the initial meet we felt that he absolutely understood us and we knew he had to be our photographer. We got a complete package with him- photos, video, photo booth and our engagement/save the date pics. Our engagement pictures were great. We had about 300 beautiful pics it was so hard to pick which one to use for our save the date that I had to change our template of save the date to include 4 pics! Yesterday I received my wedding pictures and they're great! I found myself loving all the pics! Alex and team were great and easy to work with. They really captured the day. I'm so happy and glad I had them as our photographers. I highly recommend Alex and company!

Jessica · Married on 09/01/2018

Excellent engagement shoot. Alex was very professional and kept us smiling throughout the session. Even with chilly temperatures and wind our photos came out beautiful. Can't thank Alex Kaplan Photography enough!!

Rachel · Married on 09/01/2018

All around great wedding photographers

Alex Kaplan and his team are extremely professional, helpful, and a breeze to work with. We had a very good experience with them and a ton of gorgeous photo memories to show for it. Any request we made they were very easily able to accommodate. The photographers were great and a pleasure to be around. They also helped keep us on schedule and made sure we got all the shots we requested prior to the wedding, with ease. There is a lovely behind the scenes staff that is always ready to answer your questions prior to the event and they will help you get organized with your ideas a timeline as well. We are very pleased and would absolutely recommend this great team to any one of our family and friends in the future. Thanks again!!!

• Florence

Florence Pampalone · Married on 08/18/2018

Outstanding service for a bride/groom without a huge budget!

The Alex Kaplan Team is simply outstanding. This cannot be overstated. My husband Paul and I were married in Staten Island, NY in August 2018 and we found Alex Kaplan and his army of outstanding photographers here on Wedding Wire. From the moment we contacted them, they were professional, polished, friendly and accommodating. They know what you need and what are the 'nice to haves' and will help you figure out how to get you what you want/need within a fair price. They are as patient as the day is long and will respond to every silly question. You know what else meant a lot? We didn't have $12,000 to spend on photography and they didn't make us feel like losers for that. They treated us like we were as important a customer as any other and were more than willing to share their expertise over and over.
    Do yourself a solid and book them and listen to them---the pictures and video that we received are of outstanding quality.
    Ask for Stephanie...my family is awkward as hell and she made my mom so chilled out that the pictures turned out so beautiful. That means a lot to me because I really will treasure that forever. It was a really important day for us (I waited til I was 37 to get married!) and I'm really so grateful!

Alex Kaplan Photography 1
    Alex Kaplan Photography 2

Keri · Married on 08/04/2018

My husband and I chose Alex Kaplan Photography for our wedding photographer and we are very happy that we did! Alex and his team were very friendly, professional and helpful from when we first inquired about their photography, to the planning, and the actual wedding itself. Our wedding day went very smoothly and stress free! The photos came out beautifully and we loved them all! We would highly recommend Alex Kaplan Photography to any other couple looking for a photographer!

Amy · Married on 07/20/2018

We love their work! My older sister used them for her wedding and I immediately booked them after her wedding. The two woman photographers I had were so energetic and fun! I did not have a plan for what photos I wanted and they came in and were so creative. Our photos turned out AMAZING! I highly recommend them.

Jessica · Married on 06/24/2018

The Alex Kaplan photography team-from Ann, who is the Studio Manager, to the photographers, videographer, and Alex Kaplan himself-were wonderful. Alex Kaplan answered our initial inquiry and worked with us through booking, answering all of our questions over both email and the phone. Ann took over email communication after we booked and provided us with friendly and helpful reminders as the date drew near. The photographers, Jasmine and Mike, and videographer, Raina, were wonderful to work with and made us feel at ease all day; they were friendly and professional. Our photos and video came out wonderfully and we highly recommend Alex Kaplan and his team!

Cassie · Married on 06/16/2018

We hired Alex Kaplan Photo to photograph our wedding, and we couldn’t be happier! We were planning our wedding from another state, so everything was done via email and telephone calls. The staff was very professional, courteous and timely with all of their responses. On our big day, the photographers (Marcus and Elliot) arrived early and got right to work. They were laid back, and put everyone at ease. They got beautiful shots of the bridal party, groomsmen, and the dress while we were getting ready. The photographers were both great at arranging large group shots with guests. We recently received our digital photo album and there are so many great shots that choosing which ones to print will be difficult. If you are looking for professional, talented, and fairly priced photographers, look no further than Alex Kaplan Photo.

Diana · Married on 06/09/2018

Working with Alex Kaplan photography was great! Everything was smooth and easy. Whenever we had any questions or had to change something within our timeline, we received a response right away. We loved our photographers and all of our photos were ready to view very quickly after our wedding! They came out beautiful. This company did a great job making every part of this experience effortless and fun! We would definitely recommend them to others!

Alex Kaplan Photography 3

Stacy · Married on 06/02/2018

The day was PICTURE perfect and impeccably captured by the staff of Alex Kaplan Photography. All the staff was very professional and knew what to do. As soon as they arrived, before I even got to the venue, the photographers captured the venue and my dress. They captured every moment of the day in an organized and professional way. They knew exactly which shot to take. I am so pleased with my experience. If you’re looking for an affordable option for your event, Alex Kaplan Photography is the way to go!

Amy · Married on 06/02/2018

I hired Alex Kaplan to do my wedding pics and video and they both came out amazing. The photographers were great and fun and I couldn't be happier with how everything turned out! Amazing pricing as well!!! Grateful I found them

Alex Kaplan Photography 4
    Alex Kaplan Photography 5
    Alex Kaplan Photography 6
  • Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 05/27/2018

These guys were truly phenomenal. They got all of the pictures we needed, without being underfoot. We had 2 photographers Alex and J and they were so professional! Alex was in charge of the candid pictures, while J had an eye for the posed ones. Once we were done with the family pictures and wedding party pictures I honestly didn't see Alex again. He completely blended in, it was amazing. He managed to capture a ton of awesome moments that I had forgotten. The pictures that J set up and we posed for are just soooo, wow. Breathtaking. I had no idea when we were doing it how amazing it would come out, but wow. That's all I can say. I will note that some of the pictures of people walking down the aisle have a bit too much flash, but I think that's more because the lighting in the venue was not the greatest so they made do with what they could. Still, even with extra flash the pictures are gorgeous, so I'm not displeased at all. Also, during wedding party/family pictures whenever Jasmine was setting up a picture Alex would be facing the other way taking pictures of the groups of people not in the pictures. Seeing their reactions as we posed or set up, was truly special. I highly recommend them!

Alex Kaplan Photography 7
    Alex Kaplan Photography 14
    Alex Kaplan Photography 15
    Alex Kaplan Photography 16

Samantha · Married on 05/26/2018

Alex and his team are great to work with! It turns out the weather did not want to cooperate with us and we had to reschedule our engagement photos three times! The team was so professional, understanding and fit us in during this busy wedding season! We cannot wait for the wedding day photos come May!

We booked Alex for our May 2018 wedding and just got the pictures back! They are stunning. All of the photographers and videographer were awesome to work with. Jasmine was incredible with the posed shots and Alex was amazing in the background with the candids. Going into wedding planning, my most important vendor was the photographer because we will have these photos for the rest of our lives... Alex and his team did not disappoint! Thank you for capturing our day so perfectly!