ALENA FEDE | Custom Bridal /Alterations /Personal Bride’s Assistant /Dress Rental /Sample Sale Reviews

42 | Charleston, SC

42 Reviews for ALENA FEDE | Custom Bridal /Alterations /Personal Bride’s Assistant /Dress Rental /Sample Sale

• Victoria

Victoria Behrends · Getting married on 09/28/2021

She is just amazing!

Alena made my wedding dress and It was amazing! Perfect fit, spectacular design and great customer service!! Highly recommend!! One of the best in Charleston!!!

Sent on 11/06/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley Orbanus · Getting married on 10/24/2020

Alena is amazing

I contacted Alena because I wanted to wear my mother's wedding dress for my own wedding, however my mother wore a 16W and I wear a 5, so I was worried this would not be possible to alter without completely changing the look of the dress. She was very responsive, professional, and she was able to alter the dress down to my size and it looks exactly the same! I could not have been happier with the results. She was extremely reasonably priced, she got the job done quickly (without sacrificing the quality of her amazing work), she helped me try on my dress, showed me how to properly lace the corset in the back, and offered her services on any future alterations, questions, or fixes before the wedding. Alena is amazing and I can honestly say, if you need anything done for your dress, whether repairs, alterations, recreations, ANYTHING, this is the woman you need to see!

Sent on 05/15/2020
  • Hayley

Hayley Feigl · Married on 05/01/2020

Quick, affordable dress alterations

I had a fantastic experience with Alena. She removed a layer of netting material that I did not like from the bust area of my dress, and took in the lace back straps (they were too loose on me). She also added a bustle, complimentary! She was by far the most affordable alterations I was able to find in the Charleston area. No appointment fee, no tricks. She simply wants to help brides look their best in their dress. Not to mention she was very quick! She took less than a week to make my dress flawless. She truly seems to LOVE what she does. 10/10 recommend

Sent on 12/13/2019
  • Chrissy

Chrissy Bjorge · Married on 04/24/2020

Beautiful Restoration

Alena beautifully restored my mom's wedding dress for me to wear. She made it modern while keeping the integrity of the original dress. Would highly recommend!

Sent on 01/06/2020
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 10/20/2019

Dress Alterations

Alena is incredible! I bought a sample size dress (2 sizes too big) and Alena worked her magic. I was so nervous in the beginning because the dress needed to basically be taken apart and put back together in order to fit me properly. Alena answered every crazy question I had and was so patient with me. From all the late night texts I sent her to the last minute changes I made, she was outstanding. In the end my dress fit so perfect, it was even better than I had imagined. Thank you, Alena!

• Donna

Donna Distler-Deutchki · Married on 10/06/2019

Custom Wedding Gown Designer and Bridal Assistant

I am a huge fan of couture gowns and passionately wanted one of my very own...... designed just for me. Alena Fede was highly recommended, and rightfully so. My dress was and is gorgeous. She even was there for my bridal shoot and wedding....priceless!

• Taylor

Taylor Azar · Married on 09/27/2019

Amazing Experience!

Alena did a fabulous job altering and tweaking my wedding dress. She was very professional and sweet! I needed my dress done fairly quickly and she made it happen! She also made me a custom veil which went perfectly with my gown! She is very talented and I would recommend to everyone! Her work is beautiful and she is very responsive and makes everything work!

Sent on 11/08/2019

Katya Molina · Married on 08/20/2019

The most talented wedding dress designer !!!

I came to Alena two months be4 my wedding day . I was so nervous I won’t be able to find the perfect dress . Likely Alena answered me right the way , met with me , designed for me few options Of the looks what could be perfect for my body and also what fit my vision . As a result it came out absolutely gorgeous wedding dress !!!! She brought to life my dream !!! I’m so so happy !!!!! Thank you Alena you are truly piece of treasure! Talented and very very caring person

• Meg

Meg Sawyer · Married on 04/27/2019

Talented designer and a delight to work with

Alena is a very talented designer. She recently altered my bridesmaid dress for an upcoming wedding and, despite being short on time, Alena finished the alterations to the dress in plenty of time for the wedding. She is super efficient, and the quality of her work is fantastic. The dress fit like a glove. It's a delight to work with Alena - she's very personable, easy to get in touch with, and really listens to your vision.

Sent on 11/26/2018
  • Aly

Aly Charles · Married on 03/23/2019

The Alterations Queen

Alena altered my wedding dress and made it more perfect than I could have ever imagined! My dress had quite a long train and I was nervous about how it would look bustled, but it looked flawless. She is truly a gem and I am so fortunate to have found her, nobody could have done it better. Thank you Alena!!!

Sent on 04/17/2019
  • Julia

Julia · Married on 01/26/2019

Alena - the fairy godmother of my wedding

Alena was so wonderful to work with and was a crucial part of my wedding! She beautifully altered my ceremony and reception dresses. She also reworked my mother's dress and handled a last minute bridesmaid dress issue. Her work is flawless and she is a true master of her craft. Additionally, she is such a warm, friendly person and I always left her studio with a smile on my face. I am so grateful I found her and would strongly recommend her to any bride!

Sent on 04/17/2019

kendall · Married on 11/17/2018

I’ve had wonderful experiences with Alena! She is so friendly and sweet! I had her alter a bridesmaids dress, and looked amazing! I was so impressed with her work that I am having her do a custom wedding dress!! If you want a custom, unique dress-you’ve found the perfect person!! I highly recommend her for your clothing needs! She’s fast...does quality work, and reasonably priced, can’t get any better than that!

Sent on 08/13/2018

Jane · Married on 06/23/2018

I needed to have my couture Mother of the Groom gowns altered for my son's wedding and I went to Alena Fede. She had to do several custom alterations on the beaded gowns and she did a spectacular job. In fact, the wedding ceremony was in a Basilica in Atlanta and I asked her if she could make a wrap for my beaded gown. She took the excess material that she cut from the hem and made a beautiful wrap. Everyone thought I bought it with the gown. In addition, she remodeled my daughter's bridesmaid dress and my grandson's dress slacks. She can do anything and had such a wonderful ideas coupled with exquisite sewing skills! I will go to her for any future alterations and I highly recommend her!!!

Sent on 07/07/2018

Cydney · Married on 06/09/2018

Alena was awesssommmeee! She did a great job on a dress that was wayyyyy too big! Initially I was nervous that it would be noticeable that a lot was taken in but not at all. She was even able to add the topper as requested and it fit perfectly. She was timely, affordable, and very pleasant to work with. I loved her studio as well!

Sent on 08/20/2018

Christine · Married on 04/01/2018

I called Alena on a Sunday, after getting my wedding dress back from being messed up by another alterations lady. Thank goodness she answered! I was leaving to get married that Thursday so I needed my dress to be fixed quickly. Alena completely fixed my dress, gave me a bustle (that the other woman said couldn't be done), and hemmed my dress (which the other lady couldn't do either), all winthin 3 days! And she was extremely affordable! Thank you, Elena, for making my dress gorgorous again. You were a life saver!

Sent on 04/22/2018
  • Y

Yana · Married on 07/29/2017

Alena was wonderful to work with. She did an amazing job adjusting my wedding dress and the work was outstanding. The dress fit me perfectly. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for cloths made or alternatons needed!

Sent on 01/30/2018

Jess · Married on 05/20/2017

Saved my sample sale dress! I was able to order a sample sale dress knowing I would be using Alena! Great work extremely professional

Sent on 07/12/2017

Maggie · Married on 07/02/2016

Wonderful work! You are so talented Alena! Thank you so much!

Jennifer · Married on 06/18/2016

Amazing and very professional service...Alena Fede was wonderful! My daughter found the dress of her dreams and was extremely happy. Would definitely recommend Alena to anyone who is looking for that perfect dress!!

• Katherine M

Katherine · Married on 03/12/2016

Alena is wonderful!! I had several things I needed altered with my dress and she really came through for me. Everything was absolutely perfect and done beautifully. I was stunned when I see my dress all finished - Alena has magic hands!! Thanks again <3

Sent on 03/22/2016

Nicki · Married on 10/31/2015

Alena is a very talented designer/tailor
    She altered my dress to perfection, exactly how I envisioned it.
    And in a very timely manner
    She is a total sweetheart!

Sent on 09/02/2015

Marcia · Married on 10/17/2015

I absolutely LOVE my wedding dress. Alena helped me find my dress and it was amazing. I didn't exactly what type of dress that I wanted, but I knew I wanted a strapless dress and one of the dress she pulled for me among the ones I picked turned out to be the winner. It was a hard decision, but a fun experience.

Sent on 07/05/2016

I was in a wedding back in October and Alena saved the day. I was in a predicament because of course I only had one week before the wedding and hadn't even ordered my shoes yet. She waited until my shoes arrived to be sure she hemmed it the exact length, then hemmed it that night and had it back in my hands the next day. A real hero. Thanks, Alena :)

Sent on 01/27/2016

Alyssa · Married on 05/02/2015

She did an excellent job altering my bridesmaid dress. I am usually a size 8 but since I got pregnant I needed a little bit larger size. The next size up was an 18 and that was way too big. She was able to alter it and made it fit perfect to my "new body". Will definitely recommend to anyone who needs alterations.

Sent on 07/09/2018

I cannot say enough about how amazing Alena was at making my dress look amazing. Everyone was asking me who made the dress...I couldn't believe she did such a good job, I will recommend her for anyone, she does it all. She made my dress for the ceremony, reception and nine bridesmaids dresses. I loved them all!

Sent on 03/21/2015