Aldworth Manor Reviews

Aldworth Manor 4
Aldworth Manor 5
  • Kate

Kate Ruprecht · Getting married on 12/10/2019

The perfect setting for our dream wedding

My husband and I got married at Aldworth Manor this past weekend and it was not only the most beautiful perfect venue but Shane was SO wonderful to work with and made my life very easy. He is very responsive to emails and calls and in the weeks leading up to the wedding he was happy to answer all a million of my questions.

The pictures that we've gotten back from our photographer already came out absolutely stunning as Aldworth has so much natural beauty and a variety of locations that photograph so well. We were lucky to have timed the fall foliage perfectly (10/12) and all of the wedding guests commented on how it amazing of a location it was.

Another thing we loved about the property was that there are three houses on the property. We turned them into a family house, a bridesmaids house, and a groomsmen house. Having the people that we love the most surrounding us for the entire weekend truly turned it into a destination wedding and a weekend long event.

Aldworth Manor 6
    Aldworth Manor 7
    Aldworth Manor 8
    Sent on 10/14/2019

Adam Trontz · Married on 07/13/2019

Amazing and Incredible

Aldworth Manor has now become our favorite spot in New Hampshire! We fell in love when we visited the property looking at venues and could not have been happier now that our wedding weekend has passed. Not only does the location come with stunning views of Mt. Monadnock, everyone that works there is so warm, welcoming, and accommodating! Shane and Tammy were great at communicating prior to the event as well as on the day of. The amount of work they put into groundskeeping on top of the continued improvements to the estate is a testament to their diligence at providing the best possible venue for weddings and other events. We loved that we were able to have the venue for the entire weekend. Our bridal party stayed with us on the property, we had our rehearsal dinner inside the manor on Friday and hosted a Sunday brunch after the wedding in addition to our cocktail hour and reception on Saturday. And our guests could not stop gushing about how much they loved the property. We would recommend Aldworth Manor to anyone contemplating a magical venue for their wedding day!

Aldworth Manor 9
    Aldworth Manor 16
    Sent on 08/18/2019
  • Madeline

Madeline Heising · Married on 06/29/2019

If you're looking for an upscale yet down to earth venue with major tuscany vibes, Aldworth Manor is the one!!

I photographed a wedding at Aldworth Manor last weekend and am OBSESSED. It's my new favorite venue!!! I also photographed the welcome dinner the night before, so I had a lot of time to work with the staff and get to know them. In short, they are AWESOME and SO on top of it.

The staff executed everything on time, and always had a smile on their face while doing it. They were so helpful with helping me arrange things for photos, alerting me when the room was set so that I could photograph it, and confident with a rain back up plan incase a storm came through. They even made sure I always had water-- and as a photographer running around for 10 hours directing photos and family members and probably losing my voice, that is a true gift.

The building and grounds themselves are diverse, well kept up, and can fit a big group without feeling crowded or overwhelming. The view of Mount Monadnock is GORGEOUS and the manor has so many intricate, worn, artful details. If you're looking for a combination of upscale and down to earth with a Tuscany vibe, Aldworth Manor is the place.

Aldworth Manor 17
    Sent on 07/08/2019
  • nicole

nicole · Married on 06/22/2019

Wedding Weekend

Wow! I can't say enough wonderful things about Shane, Tammy and the crew at the Aldworth Manor. They just do everything right, from the keeping of the grounds to hiring excellent staff. They are just so kind, welcoming and flexible. If we were to plan our wedding day all over again, we would choose the Aldworth Manor with Shane and Tammy again and again.

Sent on 08/13/2019
  • Morgan

Morgan · Married on 10/20/2018

Wonderful place to have a wedding

Thank you, Aldworth Manor for the help you provided and the beautiful location. I really enjoyed meeting you all and spending a wonderful weekend there. Everyone commented on the beauty of the venue, and we can’t wait to see the pictures.

Sent on 11/04/2018

Samantha Harrington · Married on 09/29/2018

Amazing place, amazing people

We have so many amazing things to say about Aldworth Manor and getting married there. Hosting our wedding weekend here was the best decision we made throughout the planning process. Not only is Aldworth Manor and the grounds absolutely stunning, but the Long Family are wonderful people to work with. Shane, Tammy, and everyone else, were so helpful and accommodating throughout our planning process and the weekend of our wedding. They were communicative, responsive, and helped us with all of our requests. Aldworth Manor as a venue gives you so many choices to make your wedding come alive. We were able to use the inside of the manor for portions of the weekend and use the beautiful scenery as a backdrop for our ceremony. We tried to incorporate the grounds as much as possible throughout the weekend, and it did not disappoint us or our guests. Also, having the houses right on the property where the wedding party/family can stay is an incredible perk! We can't wait to see all of the amazing things the Long Family does with Aldworth - you will not regret hosting your wedding here!

Sent on 01/31/2019

Lauren · Married on 09/08/2018

The Magic of the Aldworth is everything you didn’t even know you were looking for!

My husband and I searched for a long time for the perfect wedding venue. I am an event planner by trade, so I had a very specific vision in mind and my husband shared in that as well. We are really into wine and were hoping to find a winery in the greater New England area for our wedding, but having traveled to Italy and Napa and Sonoma County recently prior, nothing in this area really compared. That is, until we found the Aldworth on a whim while continuing our extensive online search where we thought we had seen it all! Especially everything in NH which is where my husband and I were both born. As soon as I stumbled across the photos, we both knew it was the one. It looked exactly the the Villas in Italy, surrounded by the most beautiful backdrop of Monadnock Mountain where my husband and his family had been going their entire lives. As if the venue wasn’t perfect enough on its own, we then realized it was only 20 minutes from my Husband’s hometown of Keene. We figured if we couldn’t bring our wedding to a winery we were going to bring a winery to our wedding and this was just the backdrop to do so. We went to see it as soon as we could (admittedly before we even got engaged..like I said, I’m a planner!) and it surpassed our greatest expectations in person. It’s hard not to gasp at its beauty when you drive up this long dirt road in the middle of small-town Harrisville. Shane and his mom Tammy, met us with open arms and walked us around the property and we fell in love with them and the grounds minute by minute and the rest was history. My only worry that day, was that this hidden gem was starting to quickly become less and less hidden and there would be no dates left for us by the time we got engaged and got to planning. But a few weeks later my (then) fiancé surprised me with a beautiful proposal with a gorgeous ring and the news that he had already booked the Aldworth for the following September! From then on, Shane and the entire family were a dream to work with. They were so warm, welcoming and accommodating to us and my millions of questions and multiple visits throughout the next year and a half. The venue is DIY so you need to be up for the task but it also makes things completely your own so I was able to still make the venue feel like the winery we always wanted with help from decor and some creativity! It also helps to keeps costs down. Shane does have a list of great vendors if you need suggestions. As soon as guests arrived on our wedding weekend, they fell in with the Aldworth as quickly as we had and the best part was having our bridal party stay on property all weekend so we never had to go anywhere and it was the best experience we could have asked for! Thank you is not enough for these gracious people and their magical slice of heaven they have created in Harrisville!
    Photos by the talented Kate Preftakes!

Aldworth Manor 23
    Aldworth Manor 32
    Aldworth Manor 33
    Sent on 12/18/2018

Khanh · Married on 08/04/2018

The venue is absolutely stunning and to top it off the host, Shane, is top notch. We spent a year looking for a location and ended up at the Aldworth Manor for it's classic and timeless beauty, large and flexible spaces, and ability to provide a sense of comfort and lightness. The venue is already beautiful as-is, with no added decorations or flowers. There's plenty of natural floral and vegetation thoughtfully arranged throughout the venue by Shane. The available guest homes were a very special bonus to this Venue as it allowed for my wife and I to have both a traditional Vietnamese ceremony and American ceremony in the same day! The guest homes are very well kept and have ample room and amenities. I would recommend staying the night before the wedding and even on the day of. My wife and I did this and it made our wedding experience extremely manageable and enjoyable. What can we say about Shane? He is without a doubt one of the best in his industry. What an absolute professional, imaginative, patient, kind, happy, respectful, and understanding host. He was always on time and warm to receive us. He helped out with much of the venue layout, flow, and coordination. The American-Vietnamese wedding was a first at the Aldworth and Shane was extremely patient and understanding of our wants and needs. We worked very closely and never butted heads - it was such an enjoyable experience. He respected our opinions and gave us his trust. He was very patient, especially considering there were many fist time things that we wanted to do at the Aldworth. Thank you Shane for an amazing wedding!!!

Aldworth Manor 34
    Aldworth Manor 41
    Aldworth Manor 42
    Sent on 09/05/2018

Mary · Married on 09/30/2017

I can not picture a more perfect place to have gotten married. The entire process with Shane and his family at the Aldworth Manor was so easy and enjoyable - each conversation and visit was very personal and accommodating. The entire property is enchanting... I am huge with detail and decoration but the natural setting it allowed for me to really relax and just enjoy what already on site. Being able to have the ceremony and reception at the same location was one of our biggest "must- haves" -- we were able to do this at the Aldworth Manor and create two completely different settings on different areas on the Manor.
    Whether the sun is shining or the weather is not in your favor you are still guaranteed for a beautiful day (we ended up with a cold wet day --- but everything was still perfect... and easy!)
    Another great thing about the manor is the amount of lodging that was available. We had the majority of all of our far traveling guests stay on the Manor property the entire weekend -- it allowed to really enjoy the Manor for the entire weekend and make it not just a one-day celebration!

My husband and both of our families had the best wedding weekend --- we feel like we want to relive it (I don't think everyone has that feeling after months of possible stressful planning) and that was really because of the location of our wedding and how easy it was to work with owners. The Aldworth Manor is one of the most beautiful tucked away treasures.

Sent on 10/25/2017

jackie · Married on 12/09/2016

Brides, I am telling you right now... if you go look at this venue you will be putting a deposit down! It is insanely beautiful. Flowers EVERYWHERE, views of the mountain, and a gorgeous manor to take moody photos. My videographers even said "I feel as if we are in Spain right now." It is just incredible. Although a perfect backdrop is vital for a "fairytale wedding," what really matters are the people running the show. Shane and Tammy are the sweetest souls and work so hard to make sure you have the best experience. I absolutely loved working with them! I plan on having a big celebration either this year or next, and I will 100% have it at Aldworth. You can't beat it. It is the whole package and more! Thank you so much Shane and Tammy for everything!! P.s... my guests were obsessed with the headmasters house! Make sure you reserve the houses as well! (The cost was ballpark for two nights in the headmasters house and one night for the lodge as well.)

With love,
    The Fentons

Sent on 08/24/2017

Kathrine · Married on 07/23/2016

Aldworth Manor provided us the perfect backdrop for an amazing wedding weekend! Shane, Tammy and the rest of the folks at Aldworth were attentive in making sure all of our needs were met. The flexibility of being able to choose all of our vendors, and having use of the property for the entire weekend (not just Saturday evening) made it so that we could truly enjoy a full weekend with our guests. We had a full welcome party on the grounds instead of a formal "rehearsal dinner" on Friday, and then enjoyed a beautiful outdoor ceremony and tented reception on Saturday. With our whole wedding party staying at the "lodge" on the grounds, it made for a wonderful afterparty without anyone having to go very far too! The grounds and landscaping are stunning, and the scenery will only continue to improve as the Long family has more time to work on it. Truly a hidden (not for long) gem that will only get better with time.

Sent on 05/21/2017

Kylie · Married on 08/12/2017

If you are on the fence about your wedding venue, with a long list of pros and cons, look no further! You won't regret it! We had toured several venues that would have been lovely, before visiting and settling on Aldworth. It is absolutely beautiful, and "checked all our boxes". We wanted to host our ceremony and reception in the same location, have flexibility of vendor choices, purchase our own alcohol, have flexibility of timeline (so rare!), and most of all, make our wedding our own.
    Shane, Tammy and crew were professional, welcoming and fun to work with from the start. And that's what it's all about, right?! They made us feel like our weekend was important, and were always prompt to answer any questions. We just can't say enough good things- with all the details that go into pulling off a wedding, you couldn't have a better team helping to make it all happen!
    We had our outdoor ceremony and tented reception on the estate on Saturday, August 12, 2017, and all the grounds were impeccable. The weather held off, and we had a beautiful sunny afternoon. When it finally did storm after cutting our cake, Shane and Tammy were there with umbrellas, and made sure everything went without a hitch. The dancing continued after the worst of the storm, and it just added fun and excitement to our perfect day. We were so lucky to be able to continue celebrating in the lodge with friends and family into the early hours of the morning after the dancing was over!
    The flexibility of the whole weekend really made our wedding vision possible. We were able to practice our ceremony Friday, and had flexibility with setup and cleanup before and after the wedding. We even hosted brunch under our tent Sunday morning. Shane and crew were there if we needed them every step of the way.
    Aldworth truly is a gem, surrounded by beautiful flowers, historic architecture and the most perfect mountain view. We had the best weekend of our lives, and will cherish our memories here for a lifetime!

Sent on 08/25/2017
  • Meagan

Meagan · Married on 10/06/2018

Beautifully stunning wedding!

The Aldworth manor was an absolutely stunning venue! We’re so glad to have found and chosen this location for our wedding. We rented all three houses at the venue for the weekend and stayed on site for the Friday rehearsal dinner (at the house), wedding, and Sunday brunch. We were thrilled to have the entire place for the weekend— our guests loved spending quality time together. There were thunderstorms the day of the wedding and the Aldworth manor staff were incredibly flexible and helpful in adjusting our timeline to make everything run smoothly. We’re incredibly grateful!

Sent on 08/18/2019

Shannon · Married on 09/03/2016

Aldworth Manor was the most amazing setting for our outdoor wedding on Labor Day weekend 2016. The grounds and gardens were a gorgeous backdrop to the celebration. Our ceremony took place on the lawn in front of the manor with the magnificent view of Mt. Monadnock before us and the elegant, European style manor behind. Following the ceremony, we lingered in the gardens and on the lawn for cocktails and photos during sunset and then moved on to a tented reception behind. Not only did they have everything in beautiful condition for our special day, but Shane and his whole crew made sure that everything we needed was there and promptly attended to. Any questions or needs of our vendors were anticipated, answered and met. We had many family and friends travel from around the country and some happily stayed right there at Aldworth or easily found accommodations throughout the area at different inns and b&b's. We could not have dreamed of a more perfect setting for our wedding. They have created a truly magical place to help make dreams come true!!!

Sent on 06/08/2017