Aldridge Gardens Reviews

29 | Birmingham, AL

29 Reviews for Aldridge Gardens

• Kerica

Kerica B. · Married on 09/05/2020

Amazing! I love the gardens and lake plus all the art....priceless!

Love this place beautiful natural nature.

Sent on 05/03/2019

Morgan C. · Married on 07/11/2020

Dream!

Amanda and her team were so fantastic through all of the changes due to COVID! The completely exceeded my expectations.

Sent on 07/28/2020
  • Kitty

Kitty · Married on 11/15/2019

Easy to work with. Very responsive.

Amanda was a delight to work with. I was unable to go tour the venue when she was available, but my fiancé went and had nothing but good things to say about her. She was very helpful. She made him feel comfortable being there without me and answered all of his(*my) questions very well. This venue is beautiful and you won’t find a better quality place for this value.
    I can’t wait to work with Amanda on my dream wedding.

Sent on 01/13/2019
  • Chris

Chris A. · Married on 07/06/2019

Wonderful wedding venue!

Absolutely stunning gardens with exceptional service. We loved it!

Sent on 08/01/2019
  • Shannon

Shannon · Married on 03/02/2019

Perfect and beautiful

We LOVED having our wedding here! It was absolutely stunning! We got married by the lake and even had geese and ducks join our ceremony. Amanda is a fabulous venue planner, she kept everything organized and worked with all of our vendors beautifully!

Sent on 05/03/2019
  • Teresa

Teresa · Married on 11/18/2018

Wonderful experience!

We had the best experience with Aldridge Gardens! The venue has so many options for ceremony and reception. The gardens are beautiful regardless if season. Photo credit: Anna Godwin Photos

Sent on 06/26/2019

Marionne · Married on 09/15/2018

We were looking for a relaxed outdoor setting that also offered some privacy from other garden visitors, and Aldridge Gardens was the perfect place! Because we had a small wedding, there were several beautiful choices for a ceremony area. It was great to have a covered outdoor space for our reception, so we didn't have to worry about renting a tent in case of rain. Amanda was also so wonderful to work with, detail-oriented, and responsive!

Sent on 09/25/2018

Shelby · Married on 04/06/2018

Awesome venue! I grew up in Hoover and had never been in Aldridge until I was searching for a wedding venue. Its a dreamy oasis in the middle of the city. The grounds are beautiful and well kept- they offer so many different ceremony sites and the pavilion is the perfect reception space. I mean every inch of this place is perfect for photos ops. I can't say enough good things about the staff- especially Amanda! She is professional and really put my mind at ease during the planning process. I would choose Aldridge Gardens again and again!

Sent on 06/22/2018

Alyssa · Married on 03/24/2018

This is literally the perfect place for an outdoor wedding. We got married at the pond with the fountain behind it, but there are several other locations for your preference including a woods setting, two different arbors, a house, and a pavilion. We worked more with Amanda who was very responsive and always answered our questions in a timely manner. They were also very flexible with our wedding coordinator to get everything set up. I loved this venue!

Sent on 08/23/2018
  • W

Whitney · Married on 10/21/2017

Absolutely fell in love with Aldridge from day 1! Every place they have available for ceremonies is breathtaking.

Sent on 11/03/2017

Amanda, the coordinatir, is beyond accommodating and welcoming. She is a wonderful asset for planning g a budget friendly wedding :)

Sent on 03/18/2017

Valerie · Married on 03/11/2017

Awesome venue! Even though it wound up raining on my big day, the staff executed our plan B with no hesitation! My day was still perfect. Amanda was great to work with. Caring and easy to work with.

Sent on 03/19/2017

Christina · Married on 10/24/2015

I am STILL beaming thinking back on our wedding day at beautiful Aldridge Gardens! Amanda Baker was such a doll throughout the entire process! She provided us with such great personal attention and ensured that our wedding day would be perfect and memorable for both ourselves as well as our family and friends. She was a tireless warrior, providing answers to my many questions during the planning and final preparation process and always made certain that I was satisfied and excited about the decisions being made. We continue to receive SO many compliments about the beauty of the gardens and the venue and are delighted that our guests value Aldridge Gardens (our local hidden gem!) as much as we do!

Sent on 11/15/2016

Allison · Married on 05/03/2015

We had our wedding here and everything turned out beautiful. More importantly, they were so easy to work with during the entire planning process. They were helpful and had a lot of good suggestions and helpful hints. They were very accommodating and made sure everything that I envisioned came to life!

Sent on 05/29/2015

Rebekah · Married on 04/25/2015

We LOVE Aldridge Gardens! Amanda Baker, the special events coordinator, is FANTASTIC. From the first time we looked at Aldridge Gardens to our wedding day, she made us feel right at home and was so helpful. Amanda told us from the beginning that we would not worry about the chance of rain until the week of, and the week of we had to come up with a "plan B." Originally, we were to have the ceremony, "Lakeside in the Woods" and the reception in the pavilion; but with the rain we decided to do the ceremony in the pavilion and reception in the house. After seeing everything in the house, I don't know that anywhere else would have done our tablescapes or bride's cake justice!

I could not imagine us having our wedding anywhere else!!

Sent on 05/11/2015

Katie · Married on 03/14/2015

My wedding day at Aldridge Gardens was perfect! Amanda Baker and the rest of the staff were very easy to work with. They made sure everything I wanted happened. My wedding day could not have been more perfect. All of my vendors were wonderful and Aldridge Gardens was beauiful. If you are looking for an outside venue, I would highly recommend Aldridge Gardens. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 04/21/2015

Christel · Married on 10/10/2014

Aldridge Gardens is an extremely beautiful and unique place. My husband and I were very happy that they not only allow but are very adept at hosting weddings there. Facility rental was affordable and included use of all outdoor space, the pavilion, and the house for the ceremony, reception, and pictures. It also included an hour of time for rehearsal the evening before.
    The gardens are open to the public, but close at 5 p.m. Our ceremony was at 6 p.m. so once the gardens closed we had the whole space to ourselves. All of our guests enjoyed walking around the gardens and trails before the ceremony started and were as impressed with the beauty as my husband and I were! The gardens are so very beautiful and our ceremony, reception, and photos were fantastic.
    The staff, particularly Amanda Baker who was our point of contact, were very professional and helpful. Amanda responded to emails and questions promptly! The staff that were there the evening of our wedding were very friendly and ready for any challenge (there was a threat of rain).
    I would recommend Aldridge Gardens to any couple looking for an outdoor space (although there is a lovely house there where weddings could be held as well).
    It is also awesome that whenever my husband and I wish to visit the special place we got married we can!

Sent on 10/22/2014

Emily · Married on 08/30/2014

Amanda was amazing! Everyone is really sweet there. I had a great experience working with Amanda. The venue does a walk-through appointment with all the vendors about 60 days out. The walk-through appointment is a great way to insure that all the vendors are on the same page. We also came up with a lot of good decor ideas and contingencies plans with that meeting. Everything went really well on the day of event (even with a little rain).

Aldridge Gardens is beautiful!! Your pictures will turn out great! The venue rates are reasonable. Also, there is plenty of parking. It is a great place to walk around (so picturesque). All of our guests had such a great time and raved how beautiful Aldridge Gardens was. If you want to have a garden-themed wedding, I would highly recommend Aldridge Gardens!

Sent on 09/16/2014

A beautiful place to have a wedding!

Sent on 10/04/2014

Mary S. · Married on 04/12/2014

A great venue! Beautiful, easy to work with, convenient. Cannot say enough good things!

Sent on 04/30/2014

Rebecca · Married on 10/19/2013

This was the perfect venue for our wedding. It was gorgeous- out of a magazine type beautiful location. I worked with Elizabeth, who was very helpful and always eager to help me make the day special. They provide materials on local vendors to help you get started, which was very important for me as I was planning from out of town for half the time! The house has a bridal room that is large for your party and you. The pavillion is gorgeous during the day and at night. It is a place that you could decorate to make very classy or leave more natural for the garden feel. It is just gorgeous, and I am always finding a reason to go back there to just walk the paths and remember my big day! Even the old-timey camera pictures are great- you can't beat natural light and scenery.

Sent on 12/11/2013

Elizabeth · Married on 06/26/2016

Amanda and all of the other staff at Aldridge Gardens are rockstars. They were organized, helpful, and accommodating for the big day. They thoroughly communicated every policy, backup plan, and schedule. The gardens are the perfect place for a wedding--absolutely beautiful (no need to travel anywhere to take pictures) and big enough to give a wide selection of sites for the ceremony that will please every couple. Highly recommend!

Sent on 08/27/2016

Ashley · Married on 05/04/2014

Beautiful setting with everything we wanted at a great price! Highly recommended :)

Sent on 05/31/2014
  • Tiffy

Tiffany · Married on 09/29/2013

I was absolutely amazed with the service!! They were very attentive to your every need. Business was great.

Sent on 09/30/2013

3.0

I absolutely loved our venue! We had a little bit of trouble setting the seating for our ceremony up just the way we wanted it, but that was only because it was somewhat out of the ordinary from the venue's typical set up. The day of, everything was exactly where it needed to be and everything was setup as planned. The location was STUNNING! and there was even parking available at the church next door to the Garden's for overflow of guests. Prior to the rehearsal all of my questions were answered with the planner and communication was very open.

Sent on 08/05/2013