Aldrich Mansion Reviews

36 Reviews for Aldrich Mansion

• Jackie

Jackie Smith · Getting married on 06/26/2020

Can't wait for 2020

We just booked the Aldrich Mansion for 2020. It's the one and only venue we went to because I knew it was the one. I think the experience starts from the website where you can get a virtual tour and they're transparent about their pricing. Then meeting Tony and Chef Al in person sealed the deal. The location is absolutely beautiful and the team there is dedicated to taking care of you making everything work within your budget. I CAN NOT wait to get married there!

Sent on 03/01/2019

Rosemary · Married on 11/17/2018

The perfect wedding venue!

Aldrich Mansion was the perfect venue for our wedding. Tony was wonderful to work with throughout the planning process, answering all of our questions, planning every detail from the timeline of the whole day to where every piece of decoration would be placed, and even making last minute changes to the layout to accommodate our requests. On the day of the event, the entire staff was extremely professional, the two attendants assisted us and got us whatever we needed. The chef, Al, was very helpful in planning the meal and the food was exceptional, not to mention the dessert room, which was a show stopper! All of our guests, including our parents, raved about the venue, the staff, and the food. We highly recommend Aldrich Mansion and couldn’t be happier that we had our wedding there!

Sent on 01/07/2019

Michael · Married on 09/22/2018

Aldrich Mansion is an exceptional place to get married. We could not have asked for more. Our friends cannot stop talking about “the best wedding” they’ve ever been to. It’s not because of us it’s because of the mansion. The staff, starting with Tony, were phenomenal. They go above and beyond in every aspect when compared to other venues. There is a reason why they have so many glowing reviews. If I could do it again I would have our reception here again without any reservations. Lastly, food is out of this world when compared to other weddings; the desert room and beef tenderloin cannot be beat.

Sent on 09/25/2018

Gabriella · Married on 08/17/2018

We recently booked at Aldrich and already I have had such a pleasant experience with Aldrich Mansion. Tony is very kind and I cannot wait to celebrate my marriage at this beautiful place!

Sent on 01/22/2016

Kristen · Married on 10/07/2017

Aldrich Mansion is a dream of a wedding venue and has a wonderful team to support you throughout the planning process. The venue itself is beautiful and unique, and you actually host your event in the mansion as opposed to in a tent on the lawn like many other RI historical estates/mansions. The planning coordinator (Tony) and day-of wedding coordinator team are professional, responsive, and in short - pros. They've done this before and are excellent at taking care of you throughout the process. The food is excellent and the dessert room is a crowd pleaser. We had guests stay in Providence, which created a bit of a drive to the venue via provided buses, but offered a nicer selection of hotels and more things to do for out-of-town guests than Warwick (in our opinion). Highly recommend Aldrich Mansion and the chapel to any couple looking for a stand-out venue with excellent service!

Sent on 12/09/2017
  • User6503339 · 1+ year ago

This venue is amazing! the views are beautiful and the Mansion and Chapel are incredible. Tony, John and Gloria did a great job, and took care of everything. Everyone kept saying it was the best wedding they'd ever been to! You'd be making a huge mistake going elsewhere!

Sent on 09/27/2016

nazan · Married on 08/05/2016

Aldrich Mansion is such an amazing location to get married at. Everything about this place is so magical and special that it makes it getting married here like a fairytale. The food is also amazing and i had guests tell me it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding. I would definitely recommend this location. I mean your getting married where Movie stars like Brad Pitt filmed a movie! How amazing is that!

Sent on 08/22/2016

Shannon · Married on 06/11/2016

Working with Aldrich to bring our wedding vision to life was an absolute dream. The venue itself is amazing, and the team we worked with was incredible. The mansion and grounds are stunning, and the chapel couldn’t be more convenient. The library, dessert room, grand foyer, and grounds are truly one of a kind and unforgettable. The dressing areas and private bathroom upstairs are pretty and convenient. The lower floor has AC which is extremely rare for mansion venues, and it is one of the few options for an indoor, seated dinner for 230+ in this setting on the east coast.

We booked more than a year and a half out, and from day one until our wedding day (and even months after) our venue coordinator Tony and the entire team at Aldrich went above and beyond to make sure every little detail was accommodated and every expectation was surpassed. Tony was available, a great communicator, warm, friendly, and always willing to go the extra mile to bring our vision to life. He accommodated multiple visits and special requests and worked seamlessly with all of our vendors and month of planner to coordinate a very detailed event. Chef Al was equally great to work with, taking the time to review all of our menu and cake details, again accommodating multiple special requests and always greeting us with a smile and great sense of humor. His food is delicious and our guests are still complimenting the lobster bisque and tenderloin. Along with the lovely and helpful hostesses, Tony, Chef Al, and team were extremely helpful and attentive on our wedding day, and the entire staff and operation was extremely professional and efficient.

Aldrich was truly made for fairytale weddings and I could not recommend it more. Everything from the venue to the food, the team, setting, and the planning process was delightful, special, and unique. Our family and friends are still saying it is the best wedding they have ever attended, and I know we owe so much of that to the magic of Aldrich.

Sent on 11/01/2016

Katherine · Married on 06/04/2016

My husband and I are in love with Aldrich Mansion. We are so happy we chose to have our wedding ceremony and reception here. On our first visit they actually took notes on what some of our ideas were for the wedding day (keep in mind we had not even booked anything at this point!) and sat down to talk with us for an extended period of time. On the wedding day itself we were treated like royalty the entire time. The staff at the mansion are also very easy to work with and are very detail orientated. Tony made sure everything went smoothly at the church and the hostesses were very attentive throughout the reception. They always made sure my husband and I had something to eat and a drink in our hands. It was warm outside as we were taking pictures and the hostesses Jackie and Renee were right there with glasses of ice water for everyone. They also packed up all of our belongings at the end of the night so we could enjoy the entire reception. In addition, planning a wedding with Aldrich is easier than a lot of other venues since all the food is made on location (and is delicious by the way!) and they organize the bakery for you. If you want an unforgettable day, value for money and a wedding that feels like a fairytale, choose Aldrich Mansion. You will be so happy you did!

Sent on 06/20/2016

Amanda & Ryan · Married on 05/07/2016

I cannot recommend this venue enough!! We absolutely LOVED our reception at the Aldrich Mansion. First- the mansion is absolutely breathtaking. It is elegant, gorgeous and also so unique! They only host one wedding per day, so we had the entire mansion to ourselves. We had a long reception- 6 hours! of awesomeness- and rather than being stuck in one banquet hall like other weddings, our guests could wander through the lounge, dining rooms, patio, library, waterfront, etc. We were a little nervous about it having two dining rooms, but it wasn't an issue at all. You just do things a little out of order (toasts and first dance immediately after the entrance, rather than once guests are seated), but the hostess ensures all the scheduling and transitions go smoothly, so we never worried about it. The library was straight out of Beauty & the Beast, I was in love. Second- Tony and the Aldrich staff were amazing. We felt like we were the only wedding they were hosting! Tony responded to all of our emails within a few hours and was incredibly accommodating when we were running late for appointments. Over the entire year+ of our wedding planning, he was so helpful and patient when we stressed about little details- there was no dumb question. And on the day of, they treated us like royalty and everything went perfectly (or if it didn't, we never knew!). Third- the food was to die for. The dessert room blew our guests away! We are going back to Aldrich for their Christmas dinner just so we can have their food again. And lastly- price. For the size of our wedding (200 people), this was the most inexpensive venue we could find! Which was amazing, because it was also our favorite. I would highly recommend the Elizabethan package. We also saved so much money with it being BYOB, something most venues do not offer. All in all, our wedding day was incredible and like a fairytlae, largely due to the Aldrich Mansion!!

Sent on 10/02/2016

The Aldrich Mansion is the most amazing venue wedding & reception! Everything was exquisite!
    From the first tour, last November to the end of the wedding Tony and his staff did a phenomenal job!
    I enjoyed the whole planning process. Tony made it a breeze & always promptly replied to my many E-mails.
    I toured countless venues in Rhode Island before I chose Aldrich Mansion.
    I am so glad I chose the Aldrich Mansion, I haven't been to a more beautiful wedding venue. Never have I experienced such a quick, knowledgeable & attentive staff! David & felt like royalty the whole time at the reception. I felt like I had traveled back in time, that's how elegant the mansion felt!!!
    There was not one complaint from any the guests. Only overflowing compliments!!! My parents are still getting phone calls & compliments about the wedding... most everyone said it was the best wedding they have ever been to.
    Everyone throughly enjoyed themselves!!! I saw many photos of the guest having their photos taken using the gorgeous Christmas trees & decorations in the background!!!
    People are still talking about how stunning the mansion was & how amazing the food was. Chef Al really outdid himself!!!
    Thank you for your endless patience & attention to detail!

Sent on 12/08/2015
  • User5619352 · 2+ years ago

The Aldrich Mansion is an absolutely gorgeous venue and we are so happy we selected the mansion to be married at. There is a chapel onsite which made it very convenient for our guests to walk out of the chapel doors and right over to cocktail hour. The appetizers were amazing and the staff was great making sure we never ran out! It seemed like every time someone had an empty plate or drink the staff was there with a refill! Tony, our wedding coordinator was on top of his game and really made it easy to plan! The bridal attendants were phenomenal and ensured my husband and I had everything we needed. They followed up outside when we were taking pictures to make sure we had drinks and water. Prior to walking down the aisle they were there to make sure my dress was falling properly and had drinks in hand for our wedding party as we exited the chapel. We had such a wonderful wedding at the mansion I wish we could do it all over again! We got married in October 2015 and would recommend this venue to everyone!

Sent on 11/16/2015

Sandra Lynn · Married on 10/04/2015

More than what we could have hoped and dreamed ! Tony was so helpful and supportive, especially since the bride and groom were out of state!!!! Chef was fantastic ! Food was delicious received many complements from guests ! Desert room incredible !!!

Having the ceremony also at the venue was soo important with so many out of town guests. Father Peter was very kind and made us all so comfortable ! Everything ran so smooth .... Hostess were very attentive to everyone's needs thank you Aldrich Mansion !

Sent on 11/02/2015

We were married on June 20, 2015 and could not have asked for a better more perfect venue. While all brides attempt to prepare for that "one thing that will go wrong"...with our wedding, that one thing never came. The staff, the food, the magic of the mansion, everything was PERFECT. Our guests from all corners of the country raved that it was the best wedding they had ever been to and the best wedding food they had ever eaten! Not to mention the ability to bring in your own alcohol for the bar is a huge cost savings.

Upon our arrival to the mansion to get dressed, all the responsibility and stress I felt was removed. We were in their hands and I was so glad!! We took our wedding photos throughout the grounds before the ceremony and were able to view the true beauty of this place. Next was our wedding ceremony in the chapel which went off without a hitch.

James and I had the best night of our lives thanks to those wonderful mansion staff - from the church to the cocktail hour to those late evening hours on the dance floor! They were there for our every need and even for the things we did not know we needed!!

As an example, it began raining towards the end of the night. We had one bartender at the outdoor bar who my father at that point saw standing outside in the rain. My father told him to come in and not to worry about the bar outside. The bartender insisted that he stay, in case someone wanted to stand outside and have a cocktail. This is just one example of the efforts of the amazing staff.

I am SO happy that we chose this place...a perfect venue with amazing views of the water for our guests from Florida, California, New York, Massachusetts and beyond.

I urge you to consider this venue in your search, you will NOT regret visiting and falling in love with this place, just as we did! Thank you Aldrich Mansion for making our wedding day absolutely perfect.

Sent on 07/09/2015
  • W

Grace · Married on 04/11/2015

Having our wedding at Aldrich Mansion was truly a once-in-a-lifetime kind of experience. Aldrich Mansion was an absolutely stunning backdrop for our spring black tie event that required minimal decor given its natural beauty. Our guests loved exploring the beautiful mansion and grounds, and many raved that it was the most spectacular wedding venue they had ever been to. We had our ceremony in the adjoining chapel which we loved for its rich wood paneling and unique pews facing each other. Our reception was held in the mansion and expansive grounds, with the cocktail hour and dancing in the gorgeous marble foyer and terrace overlooking Narragansett Bay, and the dinner in the two elegant dining rooms. The dessert room, which we decided to keep as a surprise, put the whole reception over the top. Moreover, planning our wedding was remarkably easy and enjoyable thanks to the amazing staff at Aldrich Mansion, particularly Gloria Pacheco, Tony Maggiacomo, and Chef Al. Everyone we worked with was responsive, flexible, dependable, patient, and kind. I can't say enough great things about Aldrich Mansion, and would recommend it without hesitation to anyone looking for a one-of-a-kind wedding venue.

Sent on 04/21/2015

Regan · Married on 11/01/2014

The Aldrich Mansion went above and beyond to make our wedding day a fairytale! I have been in 10+ weddings and attended 40 plus weddings in my lifetime. I have to say I waited for the right man to walk into my life, but we could not have asked for a more exquisite venue and the professionalism that was displayed was top notch! I just wish I was a guest at my own wedding!!

The food is still being raved about almost two months later! Chef Al's beef tenderloin can be cut with a butter knife and melts in your mouth! The dessert room was just an added bonus, but I have to say, what a conversational piece that will be discussed for a long time coming!

Bar none, I have to say our day was absolutely perfect! There was rain, but the Aldrich thought of everything! As a bride you worry if you need a planner, and whether you (or if your family is involved) can plan the entire ceremony and reception from start to finish. I did most of my planning and just firmed plans with the Aldrich. However, the Aldrich staff is very responsive with the questions via phone calls or emails you have leading up to the wedding and the day of their timing, professionalism, open doors, and "family" staff make YOUR day seamless!

We highly recommend this venue! We are over the moon with how our day went and the beauty that surrounded us!

Sent on 12/18/2014
  • Annie

Annie · Married on 09/14/2014

Choosing Aldrich Mansion as our wedding venue was absolutely the best decision we made!!! Everything on our wedding day really and truly exceeded all of our expectations and we couldn't have asked for anything better.

The team at Aldrich is meticulously organized, thorough and experienced. Throughout the entire planning process we were put at ease by the exceptional staff.

We are still receiving calls from guests with so many compliments!! Everyone is still raving about the food- per our guests comments, stand outs were the raw bar during cocktail hour, the delicious passed appetizers, the filet mignon, and the amazing dessert room!

Countless guests have commented that they have never been to any wedding or event as amazing in their entire life! There is no way that it could have been anywhere near as perfect at any venue other than the fairytale setting of the Aldrich Mansion!

Sent on 09/29/2014

Kate · Married on 06/07/2014

Once we began planning there were a couple of things we were certain of; we wanted to get married in the summer and there had to be an ocean/water view. It was not until visiting our 10th venue, the Aldrich Mansion that we knew we had found the one. Set on Naraganset Bay with a vintage old-world feel, the Aldrich Mansion was the ideal place for our ceremony and reception.

It was a pleasure working with the Aldrich Mansion from the planning stages to the day we said our "I do's". Our guests were overwhelmed by the Mansions beauty and RAVED about the food.

If you are looking for a unique, elegant and breathtaking place to host your wedding, look no further the Aldrich Mansion is it!

Sent on 05/20/2015
  • Y

Yvette · Married on 11/02/2013

This venue was beautiful and everyone was very accommodating. You knew the do's and don'ts in enough time to make the minor adjustments....We enjoyed the food, the Dessert Room was decadent and the wedding cake was one of a kind. It was wonderful there and the fact that there was a layer of history and extravagance made it even more memorable. Loved it.

Sent on 12/16/2013

Steve and Kathy · Married on 09/21/2013

What a beautiful place for a wedding - Aldrich Mansion - what a day to remember! Our daughter and her husband chose an amazing setting when they selected the Aldrich Mansion for their wedding. It was the perfect day - warm and sunny in the afternoon and if you could have seen the moon shining down on Narragansett Bay that evening - Wow! John was so great to work with through all the planning and really all the staff was exceptional! Every detail was attended to. They were very careful to have a seat for my Mom during the cutting of the cake and checked in on her several times through the evening. There was so much space - I noticed people were able to find a quiet spot to talk, visit with friends, dance on the dance floor, or walk outside to catch the beautiful view. Everyone had a great time! The food was fantastic from start to the amazing dessert room. We can look back with great satisfaction and know our daughter and her husband did indeed have a fairytale wedding!

Sent on 02/16/2014

Julia · Married on 09/14/2012

The Aldrich Mansion was the perfect site for our September wedding. Our guest have not stopped raving about what an amazing time they had!

Sent on 09/15/2012

christine · Married on 08/11/2012

I cannot not say enough good things about Aldrich Mansion. The staff went above and beyond
    with every little thing. I have never had better service. People are still talking about the food, the dessert room was fun.
    It has a beautiful view located on Narraganset Bay. The mansion itself is extremely well maintained.
    The foyer looks like the opera house. It is an absolutely beautiful building. An added bonus was
    having a Catholic Chapel on site. Being in Warwick meant that we had access to Warwick (providence
    airport) hotels. A huge savings for our out of town guests. Also free shuttle from the airport.

Sent on 08/15/2012

Rozlynn · Married on 07/28/2012

I am so pleased we had our wedding reception at the Aldrich Mansion and I would highly recommend the Mansion to anyone looking for an elegant reception spot, without all the hassle (traffic, high cost) of Newport. Our reception was absolutely magical - we had the best time, and so did our guests! Everyone was raving about the food, the views, the mansion, and the unique and amazing dessert room. Chef Al is so friendly and prepares absolutely delicious food, you can tell he loves his job. The hostesses made sure everything flowed smoothly throughout the night. You can tell the Mansion hosts a lot of weddings as everything runs like a well-oiled machine. The head waitresses and the entire staff made us and each of our guests feel so special and well taken care of. We had many comments from guests that this was the best wedding they had ever been to. Paulette and Gloria in the office are so patient and helpful, and always willing to answer question after question. They made me feel that my wedding was the only wedding taking place at the Mansion all year. The Aldrich Mansion is truly a world-class reception venue.

Sent on 03/26/2013

Kristine · Married on 07/07/2012

I am the mother of the bride and I cannot say enough about this venue. From the beginning of planning to the end, we were treated wonderfully. We used the chapel for the service and then began the reception immediately thereafter. Both my daughter and I dislike gap weddings. What they state in their website is completely true.

Our food was tremendous; we served filet mignon and grilled salmon. People stated that the filet was the best that they had ever tasted. I had the grilled salmon and it was excellent. The dessert room was the hit of the night. the service was impeccable. We never felt rushed and we used both dining rooms. The wait staff was always attentive to everyone's needs but never obtrusive or in one's face.

Our greatest savings was in the alcohol bill. We had open bar from 5-11 and because we supplied our own liquor we had a tremendous saving.

The final truth is what they say in their website. We had looked at all the venues in Newport and found their prices were quite high for what we wanted. I had already researched Aldrich and upon visiting this venue found that it provided the same atmosphere without the Newport hassle. we had many people arriving from out of town and felt that this was a great location. We were so right. This venue has everything that anyone could ask for along with great service and attention to detail.

Sent on 07/09/2012