Alan Dever Entertainment Reviews

55 | Roanoke, VA

55 Reviews for Alan Dever Entertainment

55 Alan Dever Entertainment Reviews

Natalie · Married on 08/04/2018

DJ AL D was amazing! He knew the tone we wanted to set from the very beginning and offered suggestions which took the stress away from planning the music selection! Extremely professional, arrived promptly and was responsive to all email/questions. Included the children throughout the reception and creative with music of all genres for everyone to enjoy!

Briley · Married on 07/14/2018

Alan is FANTASTIC! My fiance and I gave him our music preferences and genres that we liked and he took it from there! His music selections were spot on and his MC skills kept all the guests engaged and moving! We received many compliments from our guests for how great the music was. His knowledge of music is unbelievable and I would definitely choose to work with him again.

Amy · Married on 06/30/2018

DJ Alan Dever was the absolute BEST! He did such a great job, not only DJ-ing at the wedding, but also listening to what we wanted and taking care of a bunch of small things so that I didn't have to! It's easy to see how much he cares about his job and his clients! Our day was that much better because he was there!

becca · Married on 06/02/2018

Alan is incredible- hands down! I highly recommend him and his amazing skills. He kept the night going smoothly and worked so well in all situations. Especially for someone who can’t pick songs- he’s your guy! He has the right songs for every moment. Our day wouldn’t have been the same without him. We are SO lucky to have had him there with us. HIGHLY recommend!!!!

Julia · Married on 10/06/2017

Would definitely recommend Alan! He was so helpful and knowledgeable about picking the music for the ceremony, and had everyone dancing at the reception!

Tricia · Married on 10/08/2016

Al-D was amazing to work with! He is very flexible, extremely personable, and really knows his stuff regarding music, up-lighting, reception timelines, etc. We got married with hurricane Matthew as an unexpected guest, but Al-D adapted to all changes that needed to be made and kept the vibe fun all night long. I am still getting compliments from friends and family about how awesome the music was! He is able to feel-out the flow of the party, keeping as many people dancing as possible. He offers a lot of the traditional aspects of receptions, including bouquet and garter toss, but also has some other modern ideas the bride and groom can choose from. I will most definitely be recommending him to anyone in need of a DJ! DJ Al-D is the best and we cannot thank him enough.

Julia · Married on 09/24/2016

Alan was excellent. We did not have a chance to meet with him in person before the wedding day, but the planning was seamless and the entertainment ended up being awesome! We got so many compliments on the songs played. While we gave Alan a "do not play list" we let him run with the rest trusting his expertise - it was great to know I didn't have to worry about the music! Would definitely recommend Alan to anybody. Very professional and super fun.

He was very good did everything we wanted and kept such a great attitude despite how hot it was that day!

John · Married on 06/25/2016

Alan Dever did an amazing job DJing our wedding. He exudes a fun, engaging, and enthusiastic demeanor and was incredibly professional throughout our interactions with him. In addition to the music, he does a great job coordinating with event staff / planners, doing the wedding party introductions, making announcements, keeping things flowing, etc. Highly recommend!

Alexandra · Married on 06/11/2016

Summary: Alan is an incredible DJ. He is professional, organized, and talented. He absolutely knows what he is doing and how to work a room! I HIGHLY recommend Alan as a DJ for any event.

Details: Alan was everything we expected and MORE! He is professional and incredibly talented. My father and I did a surprise dance, in which our slow dance music skipped and went awkwardly silent, before we busted a move to an up-beat dance song. In order to make this surprise possible, Alan had to work some DJ magic to create the music. Alan's finished product was amazing! We couldn't have pulled it off with out him. Alan is great at learning what his clients want and producing a fantastic atmosphere. My husband and I did not have to opportunity to meet with Alan before our actual wedding day, as we lived in San Diego, but our wedding was in Virginia. All of our communications were over phone and email. I was able to send Alan a few songs we liked and didn't like for certain parts of the event. With that knowledge, Alan was able to use his creativity and DJ skills to create exactly the atmosphere I had in my head! Additionally, Alan kept our guests engaged and dancing, without any weird games or loud, cheesy jokes. As a bonus, Alan helped to make our night move smoothly, as he assisted in creating our timeline. I HIGHLY recommend using Alan as your event DJ. I assure you he will not disappoint!

Nikita · Married on 05/28/2016

You can't go wrong! Al reads the room, pays attention to the details, and finds ways to make everyone happy. He was very professional and didn't need much direction to do his job, and do it well! He made our wedding spectacular and was flexible when changes came up after our initial contract. We highly recommend Alan if you are looking for guests and hosts to have a great time at your wedding or event!

Ana Maria · Married on 05/14/2016

Book him! Alan Dever is great, he was fun and energetic. I had asked my guests to send me their 2 favorite songs to dance to and then sent list to Alan. He made sure everyone heard their favorite song. My guests felt very special and had a lot of fun. Great energy.

Alan was an absolute PRO. He handled the sound for our wedding ceremony and MC'd our reception perfectly. We only gave him a few specific music requests, but he filled in the gaps with music that fit the situation exactly and flowed seamlessly with the specific requests. We planned our wedding from out of state and didn't get to meet him in person beforehand, but he understood us and what we wanted with very minimal input from us.

In addition to getting the music right, he MC'd the event perfectly. He made sure all the guests knew what was going on so no one missed anything. He managed sending tables to the buffet at an appropriate time some guests weren't all standing in line at the same time. We just gave him the schedule and the music and he made it happen.

Brittany · Married on 08/29/2015

Alan played a big part in my wedding.. From helping organize my big day.. To even letting me know when to start walking down the isle:) he is the best and I am so glad I didn't go with anyone else!

Danielle · Married on 07/18/2015

Alan was fantastic and played the perfect
    Music for our wedding. We had a blast! He obviously loves his job.

Diana · Married on 07/11/2015

Alan Dever was am amazing choice for my wedding! He really made it feel like a big celebration :) Everything went so smoothly.

Alan Dever was beyond professional and put me to ease concerning the music for our ceremony on our wedding day. It went as smooth as I imagined it. Everything was very tasteful and my guests had a BLAST dancing the rest of the night away at the reception!!! I would recommend him to anyone.

Kristen · Married on 06/20/2015

BEST. DJ. EVER!!!! Alan DJ'ed my wedding in Blacksburg and the party was rocking from cocktail hour until last call! We had 160 guests from 11 years old to 87 years old and every single person was on the dance floor the entire night. I have never seen anything like it. He is a smart DJ who always seems to know just the right song and he has an amazing personality. He is extremely professional and went above and beyond to work with my ceremony musicians, wedding planner, officiant, and a vocalist to make sure he had all the right equipment they day of and arrived in plenty of time to ensure everyone had exactly what they needed. I can't wait to go to another event DJ'ed by Alan!

Danielle · Married on 06/13/2015

Alan was a great DJ! He was SO easy to work with and had our guests dancing the night away. There were even a few requests from our guests that were a little inappropriate and he made sure to find me and ask me if he should play it or not. I HIGHLY recommend Alan to everyone. You will not be disappointed.

Brandon · Married on 06/13/2015

Alan was incredible!!! Our reception had SUCH an amazing atmosphere due to his ability to reach all of our guests taste in music! The entire place was loving his selection, as did my wife and me! I've been to weddings where the DJ is hit or miss and we're so grateful we picked Alan as are DJ, because he was a HUGE hit! Alan worked so well alongside our wedding coordinator to make sure our night was so smooth and such a blast! I would beyond recommend him if you're looking for a great DJ!

• Jessica

Jessica · Married on 05/30/2015

Alan was MAGNIFICENT! He was great at reading the crowd and playing appropriate songs to keep people dancing and having a great time! He was accommodating with requests from guests and had a wonderful personality. We got countless compliments on Alan and would hands-down recommend him to anyone! His prices are competitive with other area DJ's, and was well worth every penny.

Kylie · Married on 05/23/2015

Our wedding DJ Alan Dever is amazing!

As a bride who was planning her Virginia wedding from across the country in San Diego, online reviews were what I heavily relied on when selecting vendors. The music and DJ were important elements of the wedding for us and I was very impressed with the wonderful reviews Alan had on Wedding Wire. We were thrilled to hear he was still available on the holiday weekend and wanted to book him right away!

From the initial contract discussions months in advance all the way up to the reception itself, Alan was a pleasure to work with. He provided music for us during the outdoor ceremony and music + dance floor lighting during the reception. It all turned out great. What I was highly impressed with was Alan's ability to go with the flow. While I hoped to have a lot more direction for the ceremony, I simply ran out of time. I gave him general direction/feedback on what we would like to see happen and what types of music we'd like to have played and he ran with it. He was also a vendor I could rely on for communication in the months leading up to the event via email, too.

Friendly, professional, and talented, I would highly recommend Alan as your event DJ in the Roanoke, VA area!

Brooke · Married on 05/09/2015

Could not have asked for a better DJ for our event! Not only did Alan play all of the songs we wanted, and more, but he completely read our crowd and really brought the party to life. My husband and I did not have a single worry about things flowing and all of our guests commented on just how seamless the whole evening was. The music was absolutely fantastic - literally everyone was out of their seats dancing!

Alan was so amazing to work with leading up to our wedding. He was so flexible with meetings and have us extra information that we needed. In a sense, he was actually our event planner for the night and he truly helped make everything go smoothly. Our guests commented too that Alan was professional and helped keep the night going at the perfect pace. Another plus was his equipment and set-up... Very clean looking, organized, and his lighting made our room look amazing! Alan was so generous to give us a gift on our wedding . He is a great person and great DJ. I'm glad we had him at our wedding.

Blake · Married on 10/25/2014

The music was enjoyable and the atmosphere was enhanced by Alan's work on the microphone .