Alan Dever Entertainment Reviews

61 Reviews for Alan Dever Entertainment

• Katy

Katy Templeton · Married on 09/28/2019

Amazing DJ!

Al D is the best! He is extremely professional and knows exactly how to get the dancing/party started! Highly recommend him!

Sent on 11/07/2019

Katie · Married on 06/29/2019

Couldn’t have asked for more!

Alan was highly recommended by many in the Lynchburg area, and he did not disappoint! Even when we threw in some last minute changes to our songs, Alan was flexible, adaptable and so easy to work with! He kept the crowd dancing all night long was exactly the DJ we were hoping for! Thank you for being such a large part of our special day! We will always be grateful for you!!

Sent on 07/10/2019

Clara Moomaw · Married on 06/22/2019

Awesome DJ!

Alan is the best! We loved every minute of working with him for our wedding this past June. Not only did he provide DJ services and lights for the receptions, he also helped us with a microphone for our officiant and helped our band with sound during our ceremony and cocktail hour. He truly does above and beyond for his clients! Highly recommend!

Sent on 07/01/2019

Cassie Penha · Married on 05/25/2019

Set's the tone

Alan met with us, in person and provided great insight on how to make the night one to remember. He did a great job leading the event and setting the tone.

Sent on 07/08/2019

Lauren Lewis · Married on 04/06/2019

Best DJ!!!

Alan delivered! I would book him for any and every event. He got it all right! Song selections were on point and totally us. There were no issues getting people to dance because he nailed it! We had SO MUCH fun!! ✔️✔️✔️

Sent on 04/17/2019
  • Nicole

Nicole Crance · Married on 10/13/2018

Awesome dj

Alan is the absolute best. We got to meet him over a year before our wedding to discuss what type of vibe we would want for our special day (we all know how important the music is for setting the tone of your entire ceremony and reception!). He was so understanding of exactly what we wanted and was so knowledgeable of the tunes we gave as examples (we had tons of international folk at our wedding, so we needed to make sure our Caribbean folk were taken care of with our soca!). Alan was so friendly, professional, hype, fun and passionate throughout this entire process with us. You always hear about the fluke moments with music/sound mess ups at a wedding....that definitely was not our wedding. Alan paid attention to all the notes I gave him and made sure to be organized and on time. There were NO mistakes throughout our ENTIRE ceremony and reception. It’s not that you’re sitting there fretting because you’re too caught up in your moment, but it was nice to know as an afterthought that “hey! We literally had the most perfect day!” Alan was a huge part of making that happen and we couldn’t be more grateful. I legit would go to anything he hosts because of how passionate and customer-service oriented he is. Thank you so much Alan. You made our day and every one of our guests and bridal party members kept raving about how awesome you are and we couldn’t agree more. We are so thankful to have had you as our DJ!

Sent on 12/17/2018

Natalie · Married on 08/04/2018

DJ AL D was amazing! He knew the tone we wanted to set from the very beginning and offered suggestions which took the stress away from planning the music selection! Extremely professional, arrived promptly and was responsive to all email/questions. Included the children throughout the reception and creative with music of all genres for everyone to enjoy!

Sent on 08/07/2018

Briley · Married on 07/14/2018

Alan is FANTASTIC! My fiance and I gave him our music preferences and genres that we liked and he took it from there! His music selections were spot on and his MC skills kept all the guests engaged and moving! We received many compliments from our guests for how great the music was. His knowledge of music is unbelievable and I would definitely choose to work with him again.

Sent on 08/07/2018

Amy · Married on 06/30/2018

DJ Alan Dever was the absolute BEST! He did such a great job, not only DJ-ing at the wedding, but also listening to what we wanted and taking care of a bunch of small things so that I didn't have to! It's easy to see how much he cares about his job and his clients! Our day was that much better because he was there!

Sent on 07/12/2018

becca · Married on 06/02/2018

Alan is incredible- hands down! I highly recommend him and his amazing skills. He kept the night going smoothly and worked so well in all situations. Especially for someone who can’t pick songs- he’s your guy! He has the right songs for every moment. Our day wouldn’t have been the same without him. We are SO lucky to have had him there with us. HIGHLY recommend!!!!

Sent on 06/28/2018

Julia · Married on 10/06/2017

Would definitely recommend Alan! He was so helpful and knowledgeable about picking the music for the ceremony, and had everyone dancing at the reception!

Sent on 10/09/2017

Tricia · Married on 10/08/2016

Al-D was amazing to work with! He is very flexible, extremely personable, and really knows his stuff regarding music, up-lighting, reception timelines, etc. We got married with hurricane Matthew as an unexpected guest, but Al-D adapted to all changes that needed to be made and kept the vibe fun all night long. I am still getting compliments from friends and family about how awesome the music was! He is able to feel-out the flow of the party, keeping as many people dancing as possible. He offers a lot of the traditional aspects of receptions, including bouquet and garter toss, but also has some other modern ideas the bride and groom can choose from. I will most definitely be recommending him to anyone in need of a DJ! DJ Al-D is the best and we cannot thank him enough.

Sent on 10/26/2016

Julia · Married on 09/24/2016

Alan was excellent. We did not have a chance to meet with him in person before the wedding day, but the planning was seamless and the entertainment ended up being awesome! We got so many compliments on the songs played. While we gave Alan a "do not play list" we let him run with the rest trusting his expertise - it was great to know I didn't have to worry about the music! Would definitely recommend Alan to anybody. Very professional and super fun.

Sent on 10/20/2016

He was very good did everything we wanted and kept such a great attitude despite how hot it was that day!

Sent on 10/27/2016

John · Married on 06/25/2016

Alan Dever did an amazing job DJing our wedding. He exudes a fun, engaging, and enthusiastic demeanor and was incredibly professional throughout our interactions with him. In addition to the music, he does a great job coordinating with event staff / planners, doing the wedding party introductions, making announcements, keeping things flowing, etc. Highly recommend!

Sent on 08/01/2016

Alexandra · Married on 06/11/2016

Summary: Alan is an incredible DJ. He is professional, organized, and talented. He absolutely knows what he is doing and how to work a room! I HIGHLY recommend Alan as a DJ for any event.

Details: Alan was everything we expected and MORE! He is professional and incredibly talented. My father and I did a surprise dance, in which our slow dance music skipped and went awkwardly silent, before we busted a move to an up-beat dance song. In order to make this surprise possible, Alan had to work some DJ magic to create the music. Alan's finished product was amazing! We couldn't have pulled it off with out him. Alan is great at learning what his clients want and producing a fantastic atmosphere. My husband and I did not have to opportunity to meet with Alan before our actual wedding day, as we lived in San Diego, but our wedding was in Virginia. All of our communications were over phone and email. I was able to send Alan a few songs we liked and didn't like for certain parts of the event. With that knowledge, Alan was able to use his creativity and DJ skills to create exactly the atmosphere I had in my head! Additionally, Alan kept our guests engaged and dancing, without any weird games or loud, cheesy jokes. As a bonus, Alan helped to make our night move smoothly, as he assisted in creating our timeline. I HIGHLY recommend using Alan as your event DJ. I assure you he will not disappoint!

Sent on 07/28/2016

Nikita · Married on 05/28/2016

You can't go wrong! Al reads the room, pays attention to the details, and finds ways to make everyone happy. He was very professional and didn't need much direction to do his job, and do it well! He made our wedding spectacular and was flexible when changes came up after our initial contract. We highly recommend Alan if you are looking for guests and hosts to have a great time at your wedding or event!

Sent on 06/10/2016

Ana Maria · Married on 05/14/2016

Book him! Alan Dever is great, he was fun and energetic. I had asked my guests to send me their 2 favorite songs to dance to and then sent list to Alan. He made sure everyone heard their favorite song. My guests felt very special and had a lot of fun. Great energy.

Sent on 06/07/2016

Alan was an absolute PRO. He handled the sound for our wedding ceremony and MC'd our reception perfectly. We only gave him a few specific music requests, but he filled in the gaps with music that fit the situation exactly and flowed seamlessly with the specific requests. We planned our wedding from out of state and didn't get to meet him in person beforehand, but he understood us and what we wanted with very minimal input from us.

In addition to getting the music right, he MC'd the event perfectly. He made sure all the guests knew what was going on so no one missed anything. He managed sending tables to the buffet at an appropriate time some guests weren't all standing in line at the same time. We just gave him the schedule and the music and he made it happen.

Sent on 12/06/2015

Brittany · Married on 08/29/2015

Alan played a big part in my wedding.. From helping organize my big day.. To even letting me know when to start walking down the isle:) he is the best and I am so glad I didn't go with anyone else!

Sent on 09/18/2015

Danielle · Married on 07/18/2015

Alan was fantastic and played the perfect
    Music for our wedding. We had a blast! He obviously loves his job.

Sent on 07/27/2015

Diana · Married on 07/11/2015

Alan Dever was am amazing choice for my wedding! He really made it feel like a big celebration :) Everything went so smoothly.

Sent on 08/03/2015

Alan Dever was beyond professional and put me to ease concerning the music for our ceremony on our wedding day. It went as smooth as I imagined it. Everything was very tasteful and my guests had a BLAST dancing the rest of the night away at the reception!!! I would recommend him to anyone.

Sent on 07/28/2015

Kristen · Married on 06/20/2015

BEST. DJ. EVER!!!! Alan DJ'ed my wedding in Blacksburg and the party was rocking from cocktail hour until last call! We had 160 guests from 11 years old to 87 years old and every single person was on the dance floor the entire night. I have never seen anything like it. He is a smart DJ who always seems to know just the right song and he has an amazing personality. He is extremely professional and went above and beyond to work with my ceremony musicians, wedding planner, officiant, and a vocalist to make sure he had all the right equipment they day of and arrived in plenty of time to ensure everyone had exactly what they needed. I can't wait to go to another event DJ'ed by Alan!

Sent on 06/27/2015

Danielle · Married on 06/13/2015

Alan was a great DJ! He was SO easy to work with and had our guests dancing the night away. There were even a few requests from our guests that were a little inappropriate and he made sure to find me and ask me if he should play it or not. I HIGHLY recommend Alan to everyone. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 06/22/2015