AKUA Reviews

27 Reviews for AKUA

• Dalynah

Dalynah · Married on 08/24/2019

Dream Decor

The decoration and flowers for our wedding exceeded our expectations! They created a beautiful arch for our ceremony which blew me away, the level of detail was amazing. My bouquet was GORGEOUS. Everything was just perfect! If you want a vendor you know will not let you down with every aspect of the decor and flowers for your wedding, AKUA is the right vendor for you! Highly recommend.

Sent on 11/20/2019

AKUA's reply:

Thanks for the review Dalynah. We enjoyed bringing your dream wedding to life it's a real pleasure working with you. We wish you nothing but the best life ever filled with everlasting love and joy.

Edmara · Married on 11/03/2018

Wedding venue and reception

Amazing and such detailed work, they surpassed my expectations!

Sent on 04/05/2019

AKUA's reply:

Thank for the review Edmara. It was a pleasure and an honor to bring your wedding to life. We wish you nothing but the best life ever filled with everlasting love and joy.

Absolute Perfection!!!!!!! Alejandro, Kimberly, Javier and Rafael took my vision and made it a total reality. Every detail was taken care of and was perfect. It was flawless. I thank them so much for the care they took in making sure everything was perfect.

Sent on 08/03/2018

AKUA's reply:

Hi Karen, thank you for taking your time to write this review and letting others know of your experience. Bringing weddings like yours to life is what drives us. Thank you for selecting AKUA. Best wishes from the whole team.

Camila · Married on 06/09/2018

Fantastic!

The team at AKUA were wonderful to work with - they incorporated everything we wanted and more! Truly a great experience and highly recommend!

Sent on 03/25/2019

AKUA's reply:

Thanks Camila for sharing your Akua experience with others. Bringing weddings like yours to life is what drives us. Thank you for choosing us. Best wishes from the whole team.

Kayla · Married on 07/22/2017

Where can I start? AKUA is just simply THE BEST AT WHAT THEY DO! They can make anything you can possibly imagine happen trust me when I say their inventory is MASSIVE! Our wedding was breathtaking and this was thanks to Javier the brain in AKUA and his team. Javier is down to earth, sweet, smart, and visionary! Also major credit to Kimberly our very own go to person (emails, phone calls, etc). Kimberly is very attentive, always on top of everything and quick to respond to emails. I give AKUA if I could a 10/10!!! BEST Decoration company Puerto Rico has to offer!!!

Sent on 04/08/2018

AKUA's reply:

Greetings Kayla, thank you for sharing this review and letting others know of your experience. Taking care of you and designing your wedding was an absolute pleasure we love having the opportunity to make your dreams come true. Thank you for selecting AKUA, we wish you the best!

Mary · Married on 06/17/2017

Akua superó mis expectativas de la boda de mis sueños... todos los detalles de la decoración quedaron espectacularmente hermosos. Todas las novias deben visitarlos antes de escoger a quien confiaran la decoración de la boda de sus sueños. Si quieres algo original, especial, diferente te van a complacer. Simplemente excelente servicio...

Sent on 06/23/2017

AKUA's reply:

Saludos Mary, gracias por sus hermosas palabras, nos llena de gran felicidad saber que superamos las expectativas, esa siempre es nuestra meta. Nuevamente gracias por confiar en nosotros. ¡Les deseamos el mayor de los éxitos!

Cristina · Married on 05/20/2017

My wedding was two weeks ago and I cannot stop thinking and talking about the absolute dream and masterpiece Javier and his team at AKUA created for my wedding. From the minute I sat with Javier to discuss what I wanted I knew I was in great hands. Not only was his talent and professionalism obvious, but he was also kind, sweet and importantly tries hard to work with you to try to get you exactly what you want regardless of what your budget is. Walking into that room and seeing what they created is a moment I will never forget. It was truly more than I could have ever dreamed it being and I am still getting messages from guests talking about the decoration. I only wish I could upload pictures with this review and words cannot due it justice!

Sent on 06/01/2017

AKUA's reply:

Greetings Cristina, thank you for sharing this awesome review, designing your wedding was an absolute pleasure we love having the opportunity to do something completely unique. Thank you for selecting AKUA, we wish you the best!

Diane · Married on 05/07/2017

My flowers and event were beautiful thanks to Akua! They got every detail correct that I asked for, and was very easy to work with, especially since it was a destination wedding! The compliments we received were endless. This is a great choice for your event. We had rented furniture for the wedding and reception, and the quality was good, there were no visible signs of previous usage.

Sent on 06/23/2017

AKUA's reply:

Hi Diane, thank you for this lovely message. We desire the best for you both, thank you for trusting AKUA for your special day. Best wishes!

Mari · Married on 11/12/2016

Akua was recommended by our wedding planner as we had very specific ideas on décor for our welcome dinner and wedding in Old San Juan. Javier and his team at Akua are true professionals. Javier worked with us on our likes and dislikes with such attention to detail. This is a top notch, high end design group. Know that you will get the best with Akua. Our décor was everything we envisioned and more. Thank you so much to Javier and his team for making our wedding a visionary dream come true.

Sent on 04/24/2017

AKUA's reply:

Greetings Mari, thank you for sharing this amazing review. We take great pride in designing unique weddings that exceed our client’s vision. Again thank you for selecting and trusting us to create the wedding you always dreamed of.

Megan · Married on 05/28/2016

Our wedding was the most beautiful wedding we have ever been to and AKUA made it happen. Their creative ability is remarkable. When my husband and I walked into our reception for the first time, I was completely overwhelmed with how beautiful AKUA had made it. They worked with our budget, they were extremely professional, and they came highly recommended. I feel truly fortunate to have found AKUA. Thank you for the wedding of our dreams!

Sent on 06/03/2016

AKUA's reply:

Greetings Megan, thank you for those lovely words, it was an honor to design and be part of your special day. We are grateful you selected us to work magic at your wedding.

Karel · Married on 12/27/2014

Coming from a professional industry where my day to day is managing events and working with different kind of vendors I can truthfuly say that it was a blessing working with Akua on my special day. Their elegant taste, creativity and charisma make them the best in the island without a doubt.
    They understood my style right from the start and for me that is something really important.
    Their expertise and professionalism in the field made me trust them 100%.
    My wedding would have not been the same without them.
    It was simply perfect.
    Thank you Akua! 100% recommended!!!!

Sent on 02/27/2015

Lynn · Married on 09/28/2014

I contracted with Akua to do my gazebo flowers, my bridal bouquet, wedding party flowers and mother's boutonniere, and they put twinkle lights throughout the trees. The flowers were beyond my expectation. I had supplied pictures of what i was looking for and they did the rest. It was absolutely beautiful.

The individuals who I worked with were pleasant, creative and accommodating. They added no stress to my day and the flowers look amazing in all the photos. I highly recommend them.

Sent on 10/20/2014

Coral · Married on 08/02/2014

We like to thanks Javier and the team at Akua for making our wedding a dream come true. They exceeded all expectations. It was unbelievable how they carried everything out to perfection. They are amazing! Akua is your best choice!

Coral and Antonio
    Wedding: 8/2/2014
    Services Used: Flowers, Lighting & Decor

Sent on 08/13/2014

MONIQUE · Married on 03/29/2014

Akua were the first decorators that we met when planning our wedding, and after five minutes with Javier there was no need to look elsewhere. Fast Forward to the day of our wedding and his vision far exceeded all expectations that we had for the decorations. From the layout of the room, the choice of tableware, the flower arrangements and the lighting…it was an unbelieveable finished product that he produced. Even the smallest details were carried out to perfection.

We would like to express our gratitude to Javier and to say to all planning weddings in Puerto Rico, that there is Akua, and then there are the rest. Javier you are a superstar, my friend. We can't thank you enough.

Much Love,

John and Monique

Sent on 03/31/2014
  • CLAUDIA

CLAUDIA · Married on 10/20/2013

I went to Puerto Rico 9 months before my wedding to meet different vendors. I met with three decorators during that trip. During my initial meeting with Javier you could tell he was already creating a vision, when I was telling him my ideas. And after doing research and talking to people, they all said AKUA is the best. So we decided to go with them and I am so happy that I did. My ceremony and reception was what I always dreamed it would be. It’s been over a week since my wedding and I am still thinking about how everything came together perfectly. All the guests told me they never seen such a beautiful wedding. They loved all the details and colors. I told Javier and his team that I wanted my guests to walk in the reception and their first thought to be “wow” and that is what everyone felt. Not only was the décor great, but my constant communication with them before the actual wedding was great. I am the typical stressed out bride that wants everything perfect and who has so many questions. And any time I emailed AKUA with questions and concerns they always responded right away, which made this process easy for me. Javier, thank you for making my dream wedding a reality.

Sent on 10/30/2013

Forever gratefull of this wonderful and professional company.

Claudia · Married on 04/13/2013

Breathtaking! In love with their work. Extremelly professional and into details.

Celeste · Married on 03/23/2013

Javier and his team at Akua are hands down the best at what they do. They made our wedding a dream come true and from the start i had no doubt that we had made the right choice in choosing them. They knew exactly what we wanted and made our dreams a reality.
    He and his team are thoroughly responsible and are quick to reply when one has questions, concerns or ideas.
    They never failed to answer calls or emails and get back to you in a timely manner. In addition, they work with the clients budget to give them an outstanding product and seamlessly with the other wedding vendors, from the wedding coordinator, to the caterer, music and venue.

My wedding was perfect thanks to them: from flowers to decoration to ambience.

Look no further, Akua is your first and only choice.

C. Suris

Sent on 06/14/2013
  • I

Iris · Married on 03/09/2013

Los recomiendo. Verdaderamente un trabajo espectacular.

Katie · Married on 01/05/2013

I highly recommend AKUA for your wedding flowers and decoration. They made our wedding at El San Juan Hotel absolutely stunning. The flowers and decor matched exactly what we envisioned. They were extremely professional, responsive and tried to work within our budget. Thank you for everything!

Sent on 02/18/2013
  • Nichole Mariel

Nichole Mariel · Married on 05/12/2012

Searching for a wedding decor vendor can be a very daunting task since in my opinion the wedding decor is one of the most important elements in a wedding. Nevertheless, choosing our event designer was one of the easiest tasks in our wedding planning, and that was all because of Javier Martinez, Akua Event Design Group.

If you are looking for amazing, breathtaking, awe worthy decor for your wedding or event look no further than Akua. They are undeniably the best event design decorators in Puerto Rico, providing the best flower arrangements, the most magnificent decor, design & lighting and have the largest inventory for furniture rental.

Javier is a dream to work with. (I more than looked forward to every meeting with him) He's not only creative and a master at what he does, but he's also the most patient, responsible and trustworthy person ever. His team is very professional and deliver the most incredible decor every single time.

I had a very specific idea of what I wanted our wedding to look like from the ceremony chandeliers and draping to the reception flowers, chairs, lighting and linens. Javier has such a keen eye for style that he not only deciphered what I had envisioned but surpassed every single expectation I had, thus created and delivered the most amazing wedding decor making possible our dream wedding

I 100% recommend Akua Event Design Group.

Sent on 05/08/2013

Veronica · Married on 04/30/2011

JAVIER IS TRULLY AN ARTIST, HE CREATED AN AMAZING ATMOSPHERE AND AMBIANCE FOR US, WHEN I ENTERED THE RECEPTION SITE I WAS BLOWN AWAY BY HIS DESIGN. HE CAPTURED OUR DREAM WEDDING AND MATERIALIZED IT. IT WAS MUCH MORE BEAUTIFUL AND SOPHISTICATED THAN I COULD EVER IMAGINE, HE EXCEEDED OUR EXPECTATIONS. IT WAS BREATHTAKING. JAVIER IS EXTREMELLY PROFESSIONAL AND EASY TO TALK TO. FROM THE CEREMONY SITE TO THE RECPTION SITE I WOULD GO WITH AKUA ALL OVER AGAIN... I TRUST HIM WITH MY EYES CLOSED!

Sent on 09/17/2012

Courtney · Married on 12/27/2013

Akua provided the flowers and decor for our December destination wedding. Our ceremony took place on the Isla Verde beach, and Akua created a palm arch that was just what I had in mind, and completed our simple beach setting with fabulous acrylic chairs for our guests. The tropical white and green bouquets and boutonnieres for the wedding party were wonderful accents for our emerald green color palate.

The decor for our reception was more than I could have hoped for. The balance of tall white and green centerpieces with lower candles and flowers were absolutely stunning.

I couldn't have been happier with Akua's contribution to our wedding day. They helped to set the scene for memories that will last a lifetime for our family and friends.

Sent on 02/03/2014

Akua - are excellent - outstanding

Sent on 05/14/2013

Floral arrangements were overall beautiful. I gave them parameters and let them choose what they thought would look best rather than telling them exactly what flowers to use and how I wanted the arrangements to look. Everything was perfect except for the color choice of one flower. I didn't think to ask to preview the arrangements the day before the wedding - if I had asked, I'm sure they would have agreed and would have changed the flower I didn't like.

Sent on 07/26/2015