AKStyles Reviews

13 Reviews for AKStyles

• Kim

Kim D. · Married on 11/30/2019

Wonderful experience

Angela and her assistants were fantastic for my wedding day! Very responsive and professional. Made my day wonderful! Thank you.

Sent on 04/23/2020
  • Marissa

Marissa S. · Married on 11/24/2019

Angela is the best. Kind and understanding.

Angela is so awesome and understanding. She will work with you and help you make your special day the best it can be. I got my hair and makeup done by her and received compliments throughout the night and into the next day.

Sent on 11/25/2019

Joanna · Married on 11/02/2019

A sweet make up artist who can make your deams come true

I do not know make up! But I knew my wedding day I wanted to look a certain way. I was able to tell Angela what I wanted and she made it happen. I never thought I could look as beautiful as I did on my wedding day! She was very attentive and listened to what I wanted. She is extremely knowledgeable and good at what she does!

Sent on 01/14/2019

AKStyles's reply:

Thank you Joanna! It was a pleasure to work with you on your special day. You have such a beautiful family!
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 10/19/2019

Efficient and organized vendor; beautiful hair and makeup

Angela was really easy to work with and did a great job on my and my wife's hair and makeup for our wedding day. All of our bridesmaids looked beautiful as well. She was set up and ready to go when we got to the venue day of, and was very organized and efficient throughout the process. Very happy with her services!

Sent on 11/01/2019
  • Marlena

Marlena · Married on 10/12/2019

Beautiful Work!!

Angela was such a pleasure to work with! She perfectly accomplished the vision for my wedding hair and makeup. She was flexible and understanding of my ridiculously early start time (who thought a morning wedding was a good idea...? This girl, apparently.) and was positive and upbeat throughout the whole process. My updo stayed ALL DAY (and trust me, I was not gentle with it) and my makeup was flawless. Thank you so much again, Angela!! You were fantastic and I couldn't be happier!!

Sent on 10/24/2019
  • Allison

Allison C. · Married on 10/05/2019

Wonderful Experience

She did a wonderful job on my hair and makeup. Gave me exactly what I asked for and she was also very friendly and had a great customer service personality. I highly recommend to anyone looking to be wowed.

Sent on 11/05/2019

Johnna K. · Married on 12/19/2018

Perfect! I'm so happy 😁

I got married on the beach in Captiva, FL. Angela was so very professional and helpful when I didn't really know what I wanted and threw 1000000 things out there. She nailed it! I highly recommend her!

Sent on 12/28/2018
  • Sean

Sean · Married on 09/17/2016

We used her for our wedding in Hawaii and she was absolutely incredible!

We were referred to her from a friend of ours and we took a leap of faith. So happy that everything we talked about was perfect and she had a very fun personality and was such a joy to work with! I would highly reccomend her!

Sent on 12/02/2018

AKStyles's reply:

Thank you so much for your review, it was a pleasure and a wonderful experience to provide my services to your bridal party in such a beautiful location!
  • Jiahao

Jiahao · Getting married on 05/01/2021

I love my makeup!

Hi,
    My name is Li and I just want to say that Angela is really good. I am a bride to be and was looking for makeup artists online via different website. Finally, after looking through 30 or more different makeup artists, I came across AKStyles' profile and decided to give it a try.

Angela is an on-location artist and arrived at our meeting place on time and very professional. I don't put on makeup really often and I do have sensitive skin. She listen to me patiently and allowed me to explain the style that I want. The trial did not take a very long time and she answered all my questions every step of the way. She was so nice too.

I want to give my review about Angela for all the brides who are searching for makeup artists. I am so glad I was able to find her and I love the work she's done on me and I can tell she is very passionate and love her profession.

Sent on 11/15/2020

Amber F. · Married on 07/07/2019

Excellent!

This team was completely prepared! They even had speakers for music if you needed it. The hair styles came out great for all my girls. We had 11 people and they still got us all done on time. My hair and make up looked amazing!!

Sent on 07/22/2019

AKStyles's reply:

Thank you Amber, it was a pleasure to provide my services to you and your bridal party for your special day!

Crystal J. · Married on 12/13/2020

Covid cancelled my wedding

I know the contract says no cancelations, but speaking with an attorney I am not above the law and the government closed events due to Covid. All other vendors refunded due to pandemic. Not AKstyles. She lost absolutely nothing. Getting makeup done is going to be so uncomfortable now knowing what kind of person she is.

Sent on 11/03/2020
  • Joanna

Joanna · Married on 02/22/2020

1.0

Rude, glad I did not hire

I was initially excited about hiring, her site looked professional. But I'm GLAD it didn't work out. We messaged each other and I informed her I was going to hire her. I was waiting for a contract. No reply or any kind of notification that she would be delayed in replying, so of course I'm not going to wait around and went with another company.

She messages back after 2 WEEKS with a contract, I informed her I went with someone else, and had the most sarcastic reply, "That would've been nice to know, but thank you". It would've been nice to know about the delay too!! I can imagine it being a nightmare now if she didn't even bother to make up a contract to be hired. I'm not a professional in beauty, but it's supposed to be her career.

Sent on 09/16/2019

AKStyles's reply:

That was not my full response as I wished you the best on your special day, in February of next year. I e-mailed your contract immediately following a holiday weekend, and I gave you my phone number multiple times. I completely understand that in the midst of working, answering emails and inquiries, as well as navigating a busy holiday weekend - I lacked an inability to provide a more prompt response via weddingwire, and I should have reached out notifying you of my delay to work up a contract and schedule for your large bridal party. I understand this was probably a knee-jerk reaction, nonetheless I am sincerely happy that you found a service provider and I hope you enjoy your special day!