AJ's Photography Reviews

179 | New Hartford, NY

179 Reviews for AJ's Photography

• Caitlin

Caitlin Ruggiero · Married on 08/15/2020

My husband and I hired AJs Photography & we had an incredible experience and received gorgeous photos.

Allen was amazing to work with, and our wedding pictures are gorgeous. He was on time, fun to work with, and his professionalism & knowledge were evident. I am so grateful we hired AJs Photography because we have beautiful photos to cherish forever. In addition, while planning our wedding (and modifying due to COVID), Allen remained extremely flexible and was always willing to answer our questions. We will definitely recommend AJs Photography to all of our friends and family!

Sent on 10/13/2020

AJ's Photography's reply:

Thanks for writing the wonderful 5 star review. You guys were troopers battling Covid challenges and rain on your wedding day but we created memories that will last a lifetime.

Kim Vitagliano · Married on 08/01/2020

Excellent.

Allen is absolutely hands-down the best photographer I have ever dealt with! He knows just the right angles and just the right positioning in his photography as well as perfect timing of the right light needed in photos. It was nothing but a positive experience with Allen and I highly recommend you to use him for your photos as well! He put all of our needs first before his own and it was overall an outstanding experience.

Sent on 08/11/2020

AJ's Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! You guys were truly amazing to work with and you family/friends treated me like family.

Josh Grey · Married on 07/25/2020

Best experience

AJ was very kind and always listened to our needs. During this time in our world he performed better than expected. Would recommend him to everyone. If you need a good quality photographer and even videographer, he’s the guy to go with

Sent on 08/13/2020

AJ's Photography's reply:

Thanks for the 5 star review. You guys pushed through all the changes forced by COVID & still had a great day. Thank you for having us be a part of it.

Melissa · Married on 07/25/2020

Perfect fit

AJ’s photography was affordable and amazing quality photos and video. He was extremely flexible to plan changes and provided great support during the pandemic. He was always available to get updated wedding plans. One of my family’s favorite part about him was the sense of humor. He brought great humor that meshed perfectly with our bridal party’s dynamic to make the time taking pictures and organizing family shots easy and fun. Last but certainly not least the quality and quantity of the photos were amazing, and we had our digital copies within 2 weeks! Not to mention watching our wedding video made us feel like we were right back on that day, it captured many candid moments we never realized even happened. My husband and I are over the moon with the work AJ’s photography provided for us

Sent on 09/14/2020

AJ's Photography's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful review. You guys kept smiling the whole day and had the perfect attitude about why you're getting married. I'm glad everything worked out & wish you many years of happiness.
  • Taylor

Taylor Reazor · Married on 06/06/2020

Beautiful Pictures

Hiring AJ's Photography for our wedding was one of our first decisions we made with our vendors. While we planned a 100+ guest wedding, due to Covid-19 we ended up having 9 people total with an intimate ceremony and dinner this past weekend on June 6th! Our pictures came out so well! Since we only had pictures done, I've only worked with Allen but his expertise with working with different lighting made our pictures amazing. We had a few poses we wanted and he accommodated all of them. He took charge with our "first look" and all of the pictures that followed, which really helped. He posed us and our families and the day was very organized. Allen also has a great sense of humor so he got some candid laughing pictures while posing us and talking with us. Highly recommend hiring AJ's Photography!

Sent on 06/09/2020

AJ's Photography's reply:

Thank you for the great review! You all treated me like family which I really appreciated. It was a perfect day and I'm so glad AJ's Photography could be a part of it.
  • Kymber

Kymber · Married on 05/09/2020

Excellent!

AJ’s photography was amazing. I am so glad we chose them for our special day. Very flexible under the circumstances we were handed. Definitely would recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 06/26/2020

AJ's Photography's reply:

Thank you for the 5 star review. I'm glad everything came together, It was a pleasure being a part of your special day.
  • Crystal

Crystal · Married on 03/21/2020

Absolutely the BEST!

My husband and I are in awe over the photos we receive from AJ's Photography and cannot stop looking at them. Two years ago today we got engaged, 5 months ago we got married (during COVID pandemic), and just last week we went ahead with capturing the most marvelous wedding photos. After having our wedding canceled twice (we still got married as planned back in March anyway), Allen of AJ's Photography worked with us throughout the whole experience and we decided on a wedding photo session (since the reception was canceled). I FINALLY got to wear my wedding dress and feel like a bride. Allen captured all of my best angles and made my husband somehow look even better than he already does. We went to 3 different locations and one costume change after trashing my dress in Oneida Lake. It was a BLAST. I highly recommend AJ's Photography for any event. You won't be disappointed.

Sent on 08/25/2020

AJ's Photography's reply:

What a wonderful review, thank you so much. With everything you guys went through you always had the best attitude & I knew the day we could take your pictures you guys would be shinning. Thanks again for trusting me with capturing your wedding pictures.
  • Julianne

Julianne · Married on 02/22/2020

Highly Recommend

I originally hired AJ's Photography to take engagement photos, without regret. The photos came out so amazing that I knew I wanted AJ's team to be there on our wedding day. Allen and his team are extremely professional and made everything stress free. Allen Bartnick went above and beyond expectations changing his role as photographer to helping the groomsmen put on their boutonnieres to helping me carry my insanely poofy/heavy dress.

AJ's photography provided many services including our photos, video and photo-booth. By the end of the reception, Allen had already put together a slideshow of photos already being displayed!! Before the team left, they handed my husband and I a flash-drive containing all the pictures from our photo-booth. I could not believe how fast they got things done. By the next morning, there had already been recaps of both our ceremony and reception posted on our Facebook pages! I can continue going on and on about how pleased we were to work with AJ's. Our photos were all absolutely beautiful... I am beyond happy to have had Allen and his team capture all the best moments from one of the most important days of our lives. We cannot wait to relive these moments for years to come... Thank you Allen for all that you do.

Sent on 02/29/2020

AJ's Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for the amazing review & wonderful words about me & my company. You guys were so great to work & willing to do anything including freezing your butts of to get some fun outside shots. Thank you for having us record your special day.
  • Kristy

Kristy Ebersold · Married on 11/02/2019

Aj Photographer was awesome he was fun and funny

Kristie who ran the photo booth was so sweet and nice as well, they did everything we asked and then some, the day went so fast I can’t remember much but he captured the memories ❤️

Sent on 11/06/2019

AJ's Photography's reply:

Thank you for the 5 star review. You guys pushed through the cold then partied all night, it was a great day.
  • Mike

Mike & Marie Popowski · Married on 10/12/2019

Quality work in a timely manner

Allen was a true professional. His work is high quality and his turn around time is insanely fast. He was fun to be around, treated us like gold during our wedding day and captured everything we wanted. He even surprised us with a slideshow of pictures at the reception. We also ordered a video of our wedding. His video and audio quality was superb. The audio was crystal clear and the HD quality on the bluray was great. His pictures and video captured our day just as we remembered it - perfect.

Sent on 11/12/2019

AJ's Photography's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful 5 star review. You guys were so easy & care free that everything flowed naturally & we created beautiful images together.

Kayla · Married on 09/21/2019

Best decision ever!

My husband and I decided last minute on a videographer and it was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding! We love being able to go back to our big day and relive it all over again. The videographer we had on our wedding day was wonderful- she was so easy to work with and captured all of the crazy moments of the reception!

Sent on 02/09/2020

Jenna · Married on 09/01/2019

The best photography and Videography around

Our wedding date was September 1st, 2019 and my husband and I were going back and forth on a videographer for long enough and finally he convinced me that I talked about it enough and to look into it. We started looking for someone to capture our day on August 10th, 2019. I knew that finding someone that close to the day was near impossible but we tried anyway. Allen called me within hours of me submitting my request for more information and let me know that our wedding day was miraculously still available. He answered every question I had and even worked with my husband and I to make our day even more special. Kristie was a valuable asset to our day and captured moments that I will forever cherish. Thank you so much for everything you have done and do for newly married couples who want to relive those precious moments again.

Sent on 09/09/2019

AJ's Photography's reply:

Thank you for the great review & the kind words. You guys were great to work with and your "Office" inspired interviews were a real highlight.

Stephanie Gorea · Married on 08/24/2019

Babula/Gorea Wedding

AJ’s Photography is the absolute best around!! He captures every moment in each shot! The photos from my wedding day were absolutely stunning!! I received SO many compliments on the albumn!! Allen has done both my sisters weddings & mine and Always Delivers!!!
    Each of our albums has “that wow factor” to them & are absolutely gorgeous photos!!!
    Allen is great to work with & extremely dependable!! Anytime I would call or email him with a question he would get back to me right away! ( any bride can tell you that having a reliable vendor makes her life so much easier during wedding planning!)
    He knows how to work any type of crowd and captures amazing photos.
    His website & Facebook page provides sneak peak photos of the wedding the next morning!!
    Allen & team are amazing! I would recommend them for any and all events! You will never be let down by this team!
    Thank you Allen &Team for all of your hard work & BEAUTIFUL photos!!!! I absolutely Love the photos & will treasure them forever!

Stephanie & Chris

Sent on 10/08/2019

AJ's Photography's reply:

Working for you & your family has always been one of my greatest pleasures. You always have trusted me & together we made great images & memories that will last forever.
  • Jessica

Jessica Grasso · Married on 08/24/2019

Grasso Wedding 8-24-2019

AJ’s Photography was amazing when it came to what we wanted for our wedding. I’m definitely a picture person who likes moments captured (posed and candid). So, even before I planned on getting married, finding a good photographer was the one and only thing that I needed/wanted to be great and not settle just for a cheap price. I have seen their work throughout the years and have always loved the quality.

I looked around at a few photographers that I had in mind, but AJ’s was so quick to respond and go over all details and what they had to offer, they made the process so easy. A couple weeks leading up to the wedding they sit down with you and go over every detail, times, places/options for photos, write down any special requests you may have. They made me feel confident that I went with the right choice and would get photos that I’ve always wanted.

Morning of event, the photographer was early and able to get started on her own. Our wedding party didn’t have to worry about a thing. The photographer is very experienced and talented that she directed us all and made sure we were all positioned correctly, which made the photos even better.

From getting ready, to your typical group/couple shots, candid photos, I couldn’t have asked for anything better, she surpassed my expectations. The night of the reception she already had a slideshow going of photos she had taken earlier in the day, at that point with the few photos shown, I knew I’d be very happy and was excited to see all the photos.

It was less than a week that all of our photos were ready for pick up! People were amazed at how fast their turnaround time was and loved the photos. When you pick them up they go over in detail what is provided (depending on what package you have chosen), directions and suggestions when using the USB provided.

I would highly recommend AJ’s Photography. With their impeccable customer service, experience and very reasonable prices...you can’t beat it.

Sent on 11/14/2019

AJ's Photography's reply:

WOW, I'm speechless. I'm beyond thrilled on the wonderful review & how happy you guys are with our company. Laura had a great time with you, your energy & personalities were the inspiration to create wonderful memories.

Connor C · Married on 08/03/2019

Wonderful, Friendly

Allen did a wonderful job at our wedding at Turning Stone. He was friendly, flexible and understanding when it came to our large wedding party. We received all our photos, digital and print in 10 days, and they were fantastic. Would 10/10 recommend for anyone getting married in the area.

Sent on 08/13/2019

AJ's Photography's reply:

Thank you Connor for the great review. You guys really knew how to have a wedding & your pictures show it.
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 07/20/2019

Highly recommend

AJ’s Photography is the best!! His pictures are amazing you can definitely tell he has the talent and an artistic eye! He’s very easy to get along with and any requests that we had he made sure to capture. He made us feel so relaxed during the pictures. I also liked the fact that you didn’t feel like you had a camera in your face all day. Even out on the dance floor he was there taking pictures but you didn’t realize he was taking pictures. Allen is very professional and funny he was making jokes with us! He definitely goes above and beyond for his clients. And we didn’t have to wait months to get our pictures which is huge! By the next day there were some up on Facebook and within a week they were all done! You won’t be disappointed with AJS Photography!!

Sent on 08/01/2019

AJ's Photography's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful 5 star review. We fought the heat & created wonderful memories, you guys were true rock stars.

Ajla C · Married on 07/06/2019

Best experience ever!

Allen was amazing with everything! The pictures are beautiful, he was on time and captured every beautiful moment and tradition! We are all obsessed with the quality of the pictures he took and in love with the memories we now have captured forever!

Sent on 07/11/2019

AJ's Photography's reply:

You guys were the best & it shows in your pictures. Your family & friends made me feel like family which was wonderful :)
  • F

Francis Roe · Married on 06/08/2019

Great photographer we couldn’t be happier!

I would strongly recommend Allen to anyone looking for photography, videography, and photo booth services! He is very professional and captures great memories! My wife and I are recently married and we couldn’t have been happier with his work! He arrived early, and was happy to accommodate us with any last minute photo requests! During the reception he put a slideshow of pictures together for our friends and family to see, and the next day he had edited photos on Facebook! He had our wedding photos, over 400 edited and printed less than a week after our wedding! Each photo has printed numbers on the back as well as a digital copy and our very own wedding app to show our photos on our cellphones! We own the our pictures and we were able to make our family and friends prints of our wedding in quicker time than other photographers can get your wedding photos back to you! If you are in the market for any of his services you won’t be disappointed when you hire him! Thanks again Allen for all that you did for our wedding!

Sent on 07/24/2019

AJ's Photography's reply:

WOW, I'm speechless, thank you for the wonderful review. You guys were great to work with & it was my pleasure to create wonderful memories of your day.
  • Taylor

Taylor U · Married on 01/05/2019

Highly recommended

A.J.'s Photography was easy to work with. All photographs were high quality! I was pleased with the organization and thoroughness. Both the video and photography were the perfect way to capture the memories of our wedding day!

Sent on 05/29/2019

AJ's Photography's reply:

Thank you for the 5 star review. You guys were wonderful to work with, enjoy your photography & video memories for a lifetime.

Mark Biciunas · Married on 11/17/2018

Amazing Experience

We were able to get everything we wanted and more. It was perfect.

Sent on 11/28/2018

AJ's Photography's reply:

Thanks for the 5 star review. You were great to work with & I'm glad you guys are happy with everything.

Meghan Dineen · Married on 11/17/2018

Photobooth

AJ's provided the photobooth for our wedding in November.
    All of our guests had so much fun in it (and wearing the many props) during our entire reception.
    I think it made our guest experience much more fun than it would have been without!

Sent on 12/17/2018

AJ's Photography's reply:

Thanks for the 5 star review. It's great hearing that your guest enjoyed the photo booth, always fun looking back on the pictures of your friends & family goofing around.

Erica · Married on 10/20/2018

Amazing Photographer!

AJ's Photography exceeded all of my expectations! Allen was amazing to work with from start to finish. The day of the wedding, he was extremely accommodating, patient and professional. He captured the day perfectly and myself, my husband, and my entire family are in love with every single photo! Thank you, Allen, for making our day that much more special!

Sent on 10/29/2018

AJ's Photography's reply:

Thank you for the 5 star review. We fought the rain & wind and created beautiful pictures together. It was great meeting your family & friends.
  • Christine

Christine · Married on 10/13/2018

Perfection!

While wedding planning I was told by numerous people the one thing not to skimp on is a photographer and videographer. I of course started doing research and started making calls to numerous local photographers. Most of them just wanted to send a pamphlet and be done with me but when I called Aj’s Photography Allen took about an hour to explain wedding photography to me and what they did. I was blown away by the information and time he took to just talk to me. I immediately booked them and I am so glad I did! Laura was our photographer for the day of and I was impressed from the moment she arrived. She was very efficient and knew exactly what photos to take. We were able to get all of the photos we wanted and then some! She even put some of the photos together on her laptop and placed it on the card table for people to look through at the reception. Sample photos were posted to Facebook that next week along with a sample video, which is amazing! The quality of their work and the speed at which they can give it back to you is wonderful. I cannot recommend AJ’s Photography enough, they truly know how to capture every moment of your amazing day through both photography and videography!

Sent on 10/23/2018

AJ's Photography's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful review. It was a pleasure working with you guys & I'm thrilled you're happy with the results.

Victoria · Married on 10/06/2018

During wedding planning the one thing people continuously told me was to get a quality photographer. The day goes by so quickly and you need someone to capture every moment, so you can be present and not worry about it. Over and over people recommended AJ's to me, so we made the appointment and were beyond impressed with the first impressions! Allen is so kind and quick to respond to questions, making us feel comfortable from the start. We lived about an hour away, so meeting frequently wasn't ideal, but Allen made sure to keep in touch over the phone ensuring everything would run smoothly the day of. On our wedding day we had Laura taking our pictures and she was absolutely amazing. She arrived early and even though we weren't quite ready she got to work taking pictures of my dress and flower girls! She really kept things moving and made sure we had enough time to take all of the pictures we wanted. Not only did Laura capture every important moment that I wanted her to, she did more than I could have ever imagined. We were married a week ago today and I have been gawking at our pictures since that night! That is how fast they are with getting your pictures to you! Not only are they fast, but the quality is stunning. On top of it all, I would have thought someone was paying Laura to just follow me around and compliment me all day because that is how kind and personable she is! We also had video taken of our wedding and just from the highlights I can tell we made the right choice by having a videographer. I wasn't sure I wanted to go that route, but when we met with Allen the thing that sold me was when he played a clip of a bride saying her vows and you can hear the emotion and shakiness in her voice, and he paused the video and said that you wouldn't be able to hear that in just a picture. These guys truly know what they are doing and how to capture your wedding day perfectly!! I couldn't recommend them enough!

Sent on 10/13/2018

AJ's Photography's reply:

WOW, what a fantastic review, thank you Victoria for the kind words. You guys were truly the rock stars to work with & it shows in your pictures.

Kristine · Married on 09/29/2018

I researched a few photographers and I heard about Aj’s and added them to the people I should call. I got a response in less than 30 minutes and met Alan a few days later and I booked him. For price wise, there were some other locals starting at 4K but Aj’s had the same or better quality of service for less. Overall, I am flipping through my pictures now and can’t believe the stuff I was asked to do at the time that came out surprisingly great! They take the time to explain the services and directions for each step. I had Laura as a photographer and she was amazing to meet! Thank you for all you guys did!

Sent on 10/12/2018

AJ's Photography's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful 5 star review. It is funny when pictures are taken how much different it is to see them when they are finished.