AJ's Hair Design & Makeup Reviews

AJ's Hair Design & Makeup 6
AJ's Hair Design & Makeup 7

Tate 路 Married on 08/03/2019

She was great

AJ was great came out to location and got all of the makeup done in a great timely matter everyone loved what she did as well 馃榾

Sent on 08/08/2019

Emilie Wevers 路 Married on 07/27/2019

Amazing experience

I had such a great experience working with AJ on my wedding day. She was punctual, professional, quick, communicative, but above all she made us all look stunning. I have zero complaints.

Sent on 07/30/2019

Tasha Mayer 路 Married on 10/13/2018

I picked the right person

AJ was everything I had hoped for on my big day. She鈥檚 professional, kind, and responds very fast (something I really valued as my date got closer). Above all of these traits, AJ is absolutely amazing at what she does. My hair and makeup for the day of was so beautiful and perfectly done. If you鈥檙e searching for the right person to help you on your wedding day, search no more! AJ is the one!

Sent on 10/21/2018

Jennifer 路 Married on 08/26/2018

I have never felt more beautiful in my entire life than I did on my wedding day thanks to Moriah from AJ's! Truly. I have never had more people come up to me and say, "This is the most gorgeous I've ever seen you look!" I looked and felt like a princess, which is what I always dreamed of for my wedding. I wish I had a professional picture to post and when I get one I definitely will. For now I will just say thank you from the bottom of my heart Moriah for making me look on the outside the way I felt on the inside! You are a brilliant artist! -Jennifer

Sent on 09/08/2018
    AJ's Hair Design & Makeup 8
    AJ's Hair Design & Makeup 9
    AJ's Hair Design & Makeup 10

AJ's Hair Design & Makeup's reply:

Hi Jennifer! This is AJ from AJ's Hair Design & Makeup. So glad to see your review for Moriah on our page. Thank you for that! You look gorgeous!!! Moriah is one of our independent artists from our 'Portland Hair & Makeup PROS' site, We would LOVE it if you ALSO left your review on that page here on WW :) <3

Rachel 路 Married on 08/11/2018

Aj did such a wonderful job. Everyone looked amazing!!

Sent on 08/13/2018

Gaby 路 Married on 12/10/2017

Such an amazing experience! AJ is absolutely amazing and very fun to work with. My wedding day was a dream because of her amazing work she did!! We love her!!

Sent on 12/20/2017

Shannon 路 Married on 10/22/2017

They were very responsive during scheduling and very flexible. They did a great job, everyone was so impressed!

Sent on 01/12/2018
    AJ's Hair Design & Makeup 11
    AJ's Hair Design & Makeup 12

Aleesha 路 Married on 09/09/2017

AJ and her team were fantastic! They did hair and makeup for me and all of my bridesmaids. They were very professional but also sociable and fun. This combination really helped ease my nerves on the morning of my wedding. I ended up needing to be ready a little earlier than I had originally told them and they were very flexible and calm about the situation. I gave them a couple pinterest images and a vague idea of what I wanted and they were able to make us all look even more magical than I had imagined!

Sent on 11/16/2017
    AJ's Hair Design & Makeup 13
    AJ's Hair Design & Makeup 14
    AJ's Hair Design & Makeup 15
  • Aila

Aila 路 Married on 07/27/2017

AJ was so great to work with for my wedding! She was very responsive and professional in setting up my hair and makeup trial, showed up right on schedule on the wedding day, and did absolutely beautiful work. She understood perfectly the look I was going for and executed it to a tee!

Jody 路 Married on 07/22/2017

Aj is so intuitive with what looked best for me and this is where her experience shows. She was also punctual and accommodated anything extra that I asked for. I would highly recommend her talent to anyone.

Sent on 12/31/2017

Kelsey 路 Married on 07/15/2017

Aj and team did my makeup and hair for my wedding along with a few other bridal party members and it was a great experience! They made everyone look beautiful and had flattering styles and makeup for each individual person! My hair and makeup stayed beautiful throughout the whole day and at the end of the night I still was getting compliments on it saying it still looked so fresh! I felt very pretty and would recommend them to anyone for weddings! :)

Sent on 07/16/2017

amber 路 Married on 06/23/2017

I recently got married in June of 2017. I had Aj do my hair for me as well as my bridesmaid and my mother. She not only did my hair just the way I wanted it but made me feel so beautiful on my special day (my hair stayed all day too). She also did my mother's and bridesmaid hair perfect. My mother still to this day when my mother and I look at my wedding photos my mother says i just loved my hair. On the day of my wedding my mom was so happy and you could tell she felt beautiful and that is all thanks to Aj for making my mom's hair perfect. Aj is so easy to work with and so nice. Her prices are also very good. Thank you Aj for making me the happiest girl ever on her special day.

Stephanie 路 Married on 06/17/2017

AJ and two lovely helpers were our hair and makeup artists at Edgefield for our wedding. They arrived early and were extremely passionate, accommodating and knowledgeable. They were able to stay on schedule while being very kind, calm and collected. We had 12 women that needed to be serviced which mean 24 services but AJ was able to get it done on schedule while making all of the ladies so beautiful. After my trial, I had 100% complete confidence in AJ, knowing that she would be great!! I would highly recommend her for any special occasion.

Sent on 06/20/2017

Sierra 路 Married on 06/10/2017

Moriah from AJ's arrived even before scheduled at our remote wedding venue, which I appreciated. She was patient, down-to-earth, and did an excellent job of incorporating my ideas. She even stayed until after I had put my dress on to make sure I didn't need any additional makeup or hair touch-ups. My bridesmaids and I got the beautiful, natural look we were hoping for! I'm so glad to have worked with Moriah from AJ's!

Sent on 06/20/2017

Shalene 路 Married on 05/26/2017

Aj and her team are super professional! Not only professional but also very genuine with great hearts! Last minute my nieces who weren't part of the bridal party wanted their hair done and Aj fit all the wedding party AND my nieces in!! Beyond happy with our wedding parties fabulous transformations :-)

Megan 路 Married on 11/06/2016

Loved her work! Fast, efficient, professional, fun to work with and did exactly what I wanted for my wedding make-up. I would definitely recommend her.

Chloe 路 Married on 10/22/2016

AJ was phenomenal to work with! She was fast, efficient, and lively! AJ was very accommodating with adding extra services the day of our wedding and we all looked gorgeous! My makeup lasted all night and the bridal party's hair lasted all night. Her magical lip stain is amazing. We received lots of compliments and our photos look flawless.

Cady 路 Married on 10/15/2016

Rachael and Moriah did a beautiful job on everyone's hair and makeup for my wedding, and they were able to work with a very tight schedule (thanks for being late, everyone in my bridal party...). They were both awesome, and I don't think I've ever looked so pretty in my life. I'm pretty sure Rachael should just move in with me to do my makeup every morning (hair, too, but I feel like a formal bridal updo every day might look a little weird)!

Every email I sent was answered quickly and professionally, and I was really happy with how everything went.

Elizabeth 路 Married on 07/30/2016

Loved our experience with AJ's hair design. AJ was wonderful to work with. We did a trial and my hair and makeup was the same on my wedding day. She was calm and brought a really wonderful energy to the day. My bridesmaids all had different hair and she did a great job with all of them and working with them on their look. We would highly recommend her.

Sent on 12/18/2016

Kyle 路 Married on 07/16/2016

I loved AJ's hair design. I appreciated that she was able to travel out to my venue to do my hair and makeup, along with my maid of honor, mother, and one bridesmaid. She was friendly and did an amazing job! I felt beautiful the day of my wedding and after my trial run. As someone who does not know a lot about makeup, she was able to take my ideas and make me look amazing and better than my expectations.

I highly recommend AJ!!

Sent on 09/07/2016
  • User6609629 路 2+ years ago

She was amazing! AJ is a great find and a wonderful recommendation!

She was the quickest to respond to an inquiry, even after being involved in a car accident and not feeling her best, as well as the most professional, most flexible and accommodating. She responded so quickly and professionally to a very last minute request, and handled last minute changes very well, with the new mother in law changing her mind from no services to the works. Her emails were thoughtful and clear and left no question unanswered, and most of all her prices were very reasonable, especially for the quality she provides.

AJ was very patient when the bride-to-be's phone was out of commission, making it hard to confirm the night before, along with all of the changes the family insisted on. She was very flexible and responsive, even at 11pm the night prior to a 6am start.

She is very professional and poised, and has a knack for blocking out the world around her when she gets in her groove. She was exceptional at making sure everyone got the look they wanted, a combination of their best selves mixed with a cosmetic beauty never seen before. By the time she was done AJ crafted a very natural look that had just enough flair to accentuate the rest of the ensemble and went along with the theme of the day while holding up for a long 10 hour day of festivities. The cascading waterfall braid and loose curls was the perfect accent to the waterfall wedding. Amazing!

And she could not have been more sweet and amicable. By the time she was done beautifying all of us, we were ready to adopt her as family.
    Out of everyone we looked at, she also had very reasonable prices along with that, unfaltering professionalism, there was absolutely no better choice.

We definitely picked a winner with AJ!

Sent on 05/27/2016

Teresa 路 Married on 04/23/2016

AJ did a great job on hair & makeup for my wedding & bridal party. My hair looked amazing all day despite getting stuck in the rain during pictures. She works quickly and does great work, would definitely recommend choosing her, she is worth every penny!

Sent on 11/16/2016

K 路 Married on 10/17/2015

AJ was amazing!! She knew how to make me and all my bridesmaids comfortable ans feel beautiful. I can't begin to thank here nought for making me day that more special. I would refer her to anyone. She is kind, professional , and on point.

Sent on 10/22/2015

Meredith 路 Married on 09/19/2015

AJ was amazing! After working with her as a bridesmaid in a friend's wedding, I knew I had to work with her again for my big day! She took the time to listen to what I wanted and looked at all of my inspiration pictures to help me find the perfect look. It was so wonderful working with her in her home for the trial and I was so confident that it would be perfect on the big day. She and her partner worked with all of my bridesmaids so wonderfully and I know they were all happy with their looks. Thanks AJ!

Sent on 11/16/2015

Megan 路 Married on 09/18/2015

I absolutely loved my hair and make-up for my wedding. AJ was super sweet and lovely. If I ever need professional hair and make-up again I will definitely use her & I would absolutely recommend her to anyone. I looked amazing in all my wedding photos - perfect job.

Sent on 12/14/2015