AfterGlow Reviews

27 | Avon, CT

27 Reviews for AfterGlow

27 AfterGlow Reviews

Kelsey · Married on 07/27/2018

Mikey and Keila were so great to work with! They knew exactly how to create the vision I was going for and for my bridesmaids as well! We all felt so beautiful. My husband even commented on how great my makeup looked on our wedding day :) They were professional but also fun to work with. They showed up to my house on time and ready to go... which, as a bride on her wedding day, is the best so you’re not stressing about finishing everything on time! I would highly recommend AfterGlow to anyone I know getting married.

Nicole · Married on 06/09/2018

Mikey and Paige were absolutely amazing not only on the day of, but at the trial as well. They were flexible with times and so accommodating with everything. We had 9 girls getting make up (bride, 7 bridesmaids and MOB) and 8 with hair. We started around 10 and ended right around 3:30. I cant say enough about their professionalism and how great they were with listening to the girls requests, everyone looked absolutely stunning! The entire process was so stress-free and we all really enjoyed having them there! Prices were incredibly reasonable for hair and airbrush make up. I cant recommend them enough to everyone!

Krysti · Married on 10/13/2017

Paige and her team are amazing. They did hair and makeup for my large group of 12 bridesmaids/moms, and everyone looked fabulous. I highly recommend Afterglow!

Sent on 10/26/2017

AfterGlow's reply:

Thanks so much Krysti! You guys were stunning and so fun and easy to work with! Thanks again for letting us be a part of your big day!!!

Kate · Married on 09/30/2017

Mikey was fabulous to work with and made me look flawless for my big day! I received so many compliments on my hair and makeup! Thank you to everyone at Afterglow, you guys are great!

Sent on 10/10/2017

AfterGlow's reply:

Thank you Kate & Jay!!! Stunning Bride :) Thank you for choosing AfterGlow! We loved working with you <3

dana · Married on 09/16/2017

Great service, excellent staff, very professional!

Sent on 10/15/2017
    AfterGlow 1
    AfterGlow 2
    AfterGlow 3
    AfterGlow 4

AfterGlow's reply:

Thank you Dana & Ellen!!! Thank you for choosing AfterGlow for your special Day!

Tammie · Married on 08/13/2017

Mikey was absolutely wonderful to work with! I highly recommend Afterglow in Avon!

AfterGlow's reply:

Thank you so much Tammie <3 It was fun working with you too!

Nichole · Married on 08/12/2017

Paige was more than accommodating on my wedding day! She came right to my house, set up, and started! I am not a big fan of airbrush, but she did such a great job applying. It wasn't too thick and you could still see my freckles and it looked so natural!! There were 8 of us that had to be done, and we had plenty of time to get ready in our dresses! I would 100% recommend Afterglow!!!

Sent on 08/30/2017

AfterGlow's reply:

Thank you Nichole! It was so much fun working with you and your bridal party! Thank you for letting us be a part of your special day <3

Jackie · Married on 08/05/2017

Our ladies were EXCELLENT. One of my bridesmaids is getting married in April and was so impressed she will also be hiring Afterglow for their services. They were early, efficient, friendly and made myself and my bridal party all look like princesses. IBeowulf recommend them to anyone! Lots of bang for your buck!

AfterGlow's reply:

Thank you so much Jackie! We are so happy we could help make your special day even more special <3 Beautiful wedding party! Thank you for the nice review :)

Jackie · Married on 08/05/2017

Stunning work! Their team made my bridesmaids and I feel (and look!) like absolute princesses. I was so happy with their timeliness and great work. I can't recommend afterglow enough! They came to my house at 5 in the morning to make sure my bridal party, mother in law and I were ready on time. You'll get a lot of bang for your buck here and I can promise you won't regret hiring them!

Sent on 08/15/2017

AfterGlow's reply:

Thank you Jackie! We are so happy that you were very satisfied :) thanks for helping make our jobs awesome! It was a pleasure working with you ladies ❤️

Chelsea · Married on 06/24/2017

Paige at AfterGlow was recommended to me by my hairdresser who had done several other weddings with her. Pagie and her colleague came to my hotel for my June wedding and were right on time with all of their supplies.There were 7 of us in total and all of my girls, my mom/MIL looked absolutely gorgeous. As I had hoped, we all looked natural but polished. Not too little and not too much. The lashes were a special touch that really made our eyes pop especially in pictures. Paige was very open to feedback when I requested a little more bronzer and had switched my lip color since the trial. When she was finished, I had never felt more beautiful! Paige and her team at AfterGlow were extremely professional and great to work with throughout the whole process. I had my makeup trial, eyebrows, and a spray tan leading up to the wedding. They called to check in the next day after each appointment to make sure I was satisfied which I thought was beyond great customer service. I couldn't have been happier and would highly recommend AfterGlow for your wedding makeup needs.

Sent on 08/06/2017

AfterGlow's reply:

Thank you Chelsea! You girls were such a dream to work with :) so happy we could be a part of your special day! Xoxo thanks again for the review

Abbey · Married on 05/27/2017

I highly recommend AfterGlow for hair and makeup! They were able to accommodate my bridal party of 8, including myself and two mothers, best part is we finished a little early so we were not rushed! They were very flexible and easy to work with!

Sent on 06/25/2017

AfterGlow's reply:

Thank you :) It was truly a pleasure working with you ladies that day! We appreciate your positive feedback <3 XOXO AfterGlow

Afterglow did a fantastic job with makeup at my wedding. Paige and her team made us look flawless without looking heavily made up. The makeup was perfection both in person and in photos. My bridesmaids and I were in awe of how beautiful each other looked. Thank you afterglow!!

Sent on 10/24/2016

AfterGlow's reply:

Thank you so much for the great feedback! It was our pleasure :) We really enjoyed working with you and your bridal party! You all were so nice and looked so beautiful <3

Rachel · Married on 04/16/2016

I cannot say enough good things about AfterGlow tanning & beauty bar!!! Paige and her team are fantastic!!! From the beginning, she responded immediately and quoted me prices. She was flexible and super helpful and sweet. My trial was wonderful and she even went out and got me a specific shade of lipstick for my wedding day. On my wedding day her and her team were punctual and got right to business. They were efficient but took their time with each girl. I have never felt more beautiful than I did that day. I would absolutely recommend After Glow to everyone!!
    Oh and I got a spray tan there and it was incredible. So natural!!!

Sent on 05/02/2016

AfterGlow's reply:

Thank you for the feedback Rachel! We loved working with you ladies! It was fun getting to know you and your bridal party <3

Elise · Married on 11/14/2015

I couldn't have been happier with my experience with AfterGlow, Paige and Kayla are amazing!!! They did my hair and makeup for my engagement photos, Jack & Jill, and hair and makeup for me and my bridesmaids on the big day. Paige and Kayla came to our hotel early the morning of my wedding and did an INCREDIBLE job on all 8 of us with time to spare. We had so much fun the whole time getting ready with them that it was hard for me to stop laughing long enough for Paige to work her magic haha. Both of them really understood what I was envisioning for both myself and my girls and executed it perfectly (and I have a LOT of hair and am very picky about my eye makeup, so extra kudos to them for also being so patient and making me feel comfortable :P) I get so many compliments on our hair and makeup in my wedding photos, and it's all because of AfterGlow!!!

Jillian · Married on 10/11/2015

Paige is amazing!! Her and her team traveled to my hair salon the morning of my wedding. My bridesmaids and I looked flawless without looking too overdone! Super professional yet made my special day so fun. I also went to After Glow prior to my wedding to have a nice tan for the big day, great prices and so many tanning beds to choose from.

Katherine · Married on 06/19/2015

Paige provided makeup for myself, my bridesmaid, mother/ mother-in-law. I couldn't have been happier with the results and, I know everyone was equally as satisfied. Paige has a wonderful eye for color, listens to your requests, is very calm and collected with a stress-free attitude. She was on time and ahead of schedule on the most important day of my life which helped with my overall stress level. I would highly recommend Paige to anyone that truly wants to look like a princess on their wedding day. Paige is certainly worth every penny!

Johana · Married on 05/29/2015

I hired Paige from AfterGlow to do the wedding make up for me and my bridal party and I couldn't be happier. Paige was a dream to work with, so kind, sweet and professional. The end result was beautiful and better than I could ever imagined. My whole wedding party received so many compliments. I would recommended her to anyone I know.

Amanda · Married on 10/08/2017

Paige and her team were amazing for my October wedding. They were very accommodating and came to my mom's house. Both hair and make up were really well done, even though my wedding happened to be on a day where it rained all morning and was 80 degrees and humid- both hair and make up held up. Even though I am extremely fair skinned Paige was able to make my make-up look very natural. I would definitely recommend!

Sent on 11/07/2017

AfterGlow's reply:

Thank you so much Amanda :) It was a pleasure working with you, your mom and friends! All of you ladies looked so pretty, and I am happy that everything held up even in those humid hot conditions! If you have some time please send some pictures to info@afterglowct.com we would love to post one on wedding wire! xoxo AfterGlow

Meaghan · Married on 06/16/2017

Mikey was amazing for my wedding! She did a beautiful job on all my bridesmaids and my mom. They were all a little nervous about getting their makeup done, especially my mom, but Mikey was professional and created the perfect look for each of them! I'm so happy I chose Afterglow for my day??

Sent on 06/27/2017

AfterGlow's reply:

Thank you so much Meaghan! It was a pleasure working with you and your bridal party! We appreciate you taking the time to write this review :)

Tamsin · Married on 06/03/2017

I had my hair and makeup done for my wedding by Mikey at Afterglow and it was flawless!! My makeup lasted from 9am to 11pm and looked like it was just applied and my hair made it through the entire wedding. Everyone was so friendly and i would definitely recommend going to see Mikey for hair and makeup for any event!

Jessica · Married on 09/25/2015

The team at Afterglow were amazing! I used their services for both airbrush tanning and make-up for myself and bridal party. The spray tan looked flawless and natural for my rehearsal dinner and wedding day. Our make-up was just enough of natural and glam and lasted throughout the evening. The girls balanced being both quick and detailed, and each bridesmaid loved the results. I recommend their services for any individual or group on their special day!

Colleen · Married on 09/23/2017

Paige and her team do a great job. My makeup and airbrush tan came out great! Bride and bridal party were all happy with the results! Thanks again!

3.5

Paige did an amazing job on makeup for me and my bridesmaids on my wedding day! The color palette she used was beautiful. Everyone's makeup looked very natural and not fake or overly done. Kayla was also great on hair. My hair normally falls out of clips/pins/curls within minutes to hours but my updo actually survived my entire wedding night! Scheduling was easy and Afterglow was very accomodating. While I felt the overall cost was a lot, Afterglow's prices are very comperable to other salons in the area in terms of wedding hair and makeup.

Lesia · Married on 10/01/2017

4.2

I was definitely disappointed by the spray tan, However Witham that said, my wedding day was made fabulous by Mikey! She was able to do exactly what I wanted. Made my hair so fabulous and my make up was classic and she made me feel so beautiful! I have never had so many compliments in my whole like. Thank you for making my wedding day amazing!

AfterGlow 5
    AfterGlow 6
    AfterGlow 7
    AfterGlow 8

AfterGlow's reply:

Lesia you looked gorgeous!!!! we are thrilled you were so happy with your hair and makeup, I am sorry you were not satisfied with your spray tan, I was not aware your real tan was peeling until I spoke with my staff today, typically we would have you do an additional exfoliation before a spray tan so that you are spraying on fresh skin that isn't peeling off. We did a follow up call the day after your tan to make sure everything was ok, and there was no response about any issues with the tan. Please give the salon a call so we can give you a credit