AfterDark Media Reviews

1 User photo

AfterDark Media 1
  • Rheba and Ralston

Rheba and Ralston · Married on 07/11/2013

Johnny has been my photographer for my engagement pictures and my videographer for my wedding. He can do it ALL!!! I couldn't have asked for a better person and his company to be there every time I would bother him via text, calls and emails. He never made me feel like he was tired of all my needs. Pictures were so good that I used them for my wedding magazine and the wedding video is AWESOME!!! Look no where...Johnny is here!!! www.bookafterdark.com

Sent on 08/26/2013

After the videography company I hired went out of business, Johnny made sure to notify us and put in every effort to get us our wedding footage. The experience could have been a nightmare (based on other reviews I read about the previous company)! Johnny had very open communication, gave us options of how we would like our footage, and worked with us through the process. We now have our wedding footage and we couldn't be happier!

Sent on 08/25/2013

Thomas · Married on 06/15/2013

Johnny has saved the day after the company he worked for was going out of business. He was very professional with his service and has made sure that everything was taken care of. Me and my wife would like to recommend him to anyone looking for quality video-graphing service. He has a great personality that makes him stand out among others. Thank you, AfterDark Media!

Sent on 08/23/2013

The Overwhelmed Bride · Married on 06/01/2013

Danny was absolutely amazing!! After the original videography company I hired went out of business, he did not hesitate to make my experience absolutely amazing! He was extremely professional and did the most amazing edit on my final video reel! I could not have been happier with my experience and would highly recommend AfterDark Media and Danny for any event!

Sent on 08/15/2013

Jessica · Married on 01/02/2010

My husband and I worked with Johnny of After Dark Media. It was important to us that we had someone with calm, focused and warm energy who would grab the smallest of details that made our day unique and special. Johnny delivered that plus used his expertise in capturing what he also knew would be heartfelt memories in our video footage. He is very professional and knows intuitively when to step in to guide and direct you to showcase you in the best light balanced with your unique, natural personality. He also has an awesome wit which makes for a positive experience! Johnny and his team are A+. Glad to see the reviews here and on the wedding sites are in line with what After Dark delivers!

Sent on 12/18/2017

Jade · Married on 06/17/2017

I booked after dark media for my wedding in June 2017. They are sooo reasonably priced compared to other vendors! Choosing them for their video services was the best decision I ever could have made! The final product was beautiful and worth every penny, and even more! These guys really know what their doing. I have a video that not brings people to tears of happiness, but memories of my wedding that will last a lifetime. Highly recommended, look no further!

Sent on 10/13/2017
    AfterDark Media 2

Was very pleased with the work. Great job and would hire you again.

Sent on 06/24/2015
  • Z

zeina · Married on 08/02/2014

Johnny delivered a great wedding video. He was very professional. He listened to what we wanted and made it happen. I recommend him for affordable, quality work.

Sent on 09/29/2014

4.2
      3.5

AfterDark Media did a great job of videoing my wedding and providing a beautiful highlight video full of wonderful memories! Great to work with!

Sent on 12/26/2013

2.0
      3.0
      1.0
      3.0
      2.0
      1.0

We are very disappointed of AfterDark Media. At first everything went well, we really liked how they work and the quality of video they offer, but after the wedding was over, and they were paid; everything turned out bad.

The communication with them turned out really bad. When they finished the highlight video to share on social media, they didn't notify us that they were going to upload it. (We thought we were going to approve it first) We notice that they upload it because we follow them on they're page, but they never called us. After that, they asked us to send them details on how we want the final video, what songs to include, etc. (Beware they won't send you or show you a copy of the final result before; they will send it to you even though there are mistakes). When we got the final DVD at home we were so disappointed, it was nothing as the highlight video. Some of the songs were the wrong ones, they cut-off audio from the ceremony, and other little details. After that we sent an email on October to them asking them if they could make those corrections, so we could be satisfied. They replied and said that they were going to make the corrections as soon as they can. Also they told us that they can't send clients a copy of the video to approve, basically that they edit the video whatever they want; so in final words they don't care what the clients want.

We don't usually write bad reviews, but because today April 15 after 6 months of those emails; we haven't receive the video corrected, we haven't heard from them, they don't reply emails, they don't answer calls. We haven't show the video to the whole family. We feel so sad, and disappointed to not have our wedding video as we want it.

Sent on 04/15/2015

AfterDark Media's reply:

It is sad to see an unhappy client, but this is an INACCURATE review of our services. It is true that as the videographer we do have creative control of the edit of the video. We take into consideration the clients ideas and suggestions beforehand, but ultimately it is our decision for the creative edit of the film, which is stated in our signed client agreement. We are paid to be professional and create a video that best tells your story. Nearly every professional videographer in the industry works the same way. Unfortunately, if clients showed us how they wanted the video edited, the video would never get finished. We only use the best shots of the highlights of the day.
    In this particular situation, the client contacted us after the final video was delivered. They wanted to take out every shot of their sister and add others shots in the video. Even though we are not required to do this and they were significant changes, we wanted to make the client happy so we satisfied the request. After we delivered the video again, they wanted to make additional changes. We did our best to accommodate their requests but we could not continually make changes to the video.
    We also gave them a big discount and included full videos of speeches & first dances as a bonus at no extra cost. This was not included in their package. We never talk bad about clients but it is just very upsetting to see this review. Ask any of our other clients and they are so happy with our services.
    Here is a link to the video, you can decide for yourself: