48 Reviews for Afino Entertainment

Microphones (6)
Sound/PA System (6)
Uplighting (5)
48 Afino Entertainment Reviews

We could not have been happier with our choice of Afino to deejay our wedding at Yankee Stadium. Dave was professional, warm, friendly and so easy to work with from beginning to end. We especially appreciated how he paid so much attention to detail and took the time to explain how things would go. Very reassuring at each stage, especially when we worried rain might make us move the ceremony indoors. Thankfully the sun shone for us! Must say Afino was well-priced for all the work that went into our wedding. Afino’s online forms made planning and paying expertly efficient. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Gail, 8/5/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Dave is the perfect DJ for a wedding. As a bride, you need to work with people that can easily work with your vision and that are reliable. Let me tell you, Dave from Afino Entertainment will exceed your expectations. He consults with you prior to the wedding to get a detailed understanding of what you have in mind and ever so tactfully makes suggestions that elevates your original idea. He follows up with a detailed questionnaire regarding the music and events for the day and then consults with you again to review it, and offers more suggestions to make the day go as smoothly as possible and of course to maximize the fun! He literally helped me customize a playlist that I was unsure how to go about designing, crafted my wedding timeline with me down to the half hour, and suggested creative ways to end the night (not to mention he's also just fun to chat with, like an old friend!). He's highly professional, super responsive, thoughtful, reliable and just an awesome DJ. He is also very eclectic and versatile when it comes to music, so he can easily DJ for any type of audience. I highly recommend Afino Entertainment!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 7/28/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day

Dave from Afino entertainment DJ'd our wedding reception. He was phenomenal. We did a couple of calls with him before the event to figure out the flow of the evening and what genre of songs we wanted in each section. We gave him songs to play and songs to definitely skip. He delivered on all fronts. The dance floor was nearly always full, and all groups (parents, younger folks) danced the night away. He even was nice enough to record the toasts and when our band performed so that we could have that too. He also brought his own lighting - we were worried it'd be cheesy but it turned out to be great! HIghly recommend his services and would happily use Dave again for in the future!!

Profile Picture Andrew, 7/12/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

It's easy to plug in 5 stars when you've never had to hire a DJ before, but Afino Entertainment earned every single 5-star rating. Every time I had a question, Dave would respond the moment he could, even if it was just an acknowledgement that he got my email, and followed-up when he was available with a thorough and USEFUL answer--even when I made things complicated and asked if he'd share his speaker system so my cousin could play keyboard during the cocktail hour! He provided specs, pics, and traded cell numbers. He put together an instrumental playlist for the ceremony that had my guests asking for a copy and had the dance floor PACKED all night long. My friends and family had a blast. The real kicker? I didn't get to meet him until after my ceremony! That he was the Hand of the Queen all night, I have no doubt.

Profile Picture Jess, 7/13/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I would highly recommend this vendor. Their selection of music was just what we wanted they kept everyone involved and made the celebration one great day

Profile Picture BRUCE, 6/23/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Dave was the Dj of our wedding on 4.20.18. He was extremely easy to work with; just a few phone calls and a comprehensive questionnaire, he was able to perfect our set. He nailed the vibe we were going for at the wedding and the dance floor was packed all night! After the wedding, Dave sent us a follow up email with short video he created to remember the night. We would highly recommend DJ Afino for any wedding or event in the NJ/ NYC area!

Profile Picture Marissa, 6/9/18, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Dave was Incredibly nice and responsive through the whole process! We spoke before the wedding and he knew what we wanted to hear, there were a few more slow songs than we wanted, but I was also feeling sick for a part of the wedding and he played the slow songs while I was catching my breath outside. He was very attentive, and our guests seemed very happy and got up and danced! Seeing a recap video after the wedding was just icing on the cake!

Profile Picture Katrina, 6/9/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Dave was very personable and made the planning process run quite smoothly. Our wedding was held at the Museum of the Moving Image and obviously film-themed. At our request, Dave played soundtracks from our favorite movies during cocktail hour and knowing my love for Disney, snuck in some of my favorites during dinner. It was a hot day and the air conditioning broke at our venue. Despite the heat, Dave managed to get our guests on the dance floor to sweat even more! His recap video was quite touching as well.

Profile Picture Ashley, 6/2/18, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ

Simply amazing! Dave is professional, knowledgeable and very organized. Many of our wedding guests told us how wonderful Dave was and everyone had a blast! He made the planning process very easy and he noted every detail we've discussed leading up to the wedding day. He was very responsive and gave us a lot of ideas to make our wedding day even more special! He showed up to the venue early to make sure everything was set up and ready to go. He seamlessly took care of the arrival, ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner music and the reception and created an amazing atmosphere for us and our guests throughout the night. We also greatly appreciated his kindness and true passion for what he does. We couldn't have been happier and would recommend Dave to anyone!

Profile Picture Christina, 5/27/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC

Afino Entertainment was absolutely wonderful! He perfectly blended our wide variety of music selections and kept our guests very happy. I had such ease submitting my music requests through the online portal. I also had a special request to sing a song at my wedding he made it happen with ease and it was so amazing!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 5/26/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I would give 10 stars if I could. I can't say enough how please I was with Afino Entertainment. I researched and interviewed numerous DJs. The thing that drew me in to Afino was not only the numerous positive reviews, but his response to one stand-out not so positive review. DJ Afino was cordial and professional in his response that I read online to that review, so I knew he was something special. We had conference calls and communication through e-mail was super easy. He aced everything that I threw at him including changes with only hours (and minutes) notice. Everyone loved the music. He read the crowd and played music that got everyone dancing. A++++

Profile Picture Heather, 5/12/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Dave was very professional, organized, and a pleasure to deal with. He made my daughter’s wedding day a very special time. Thank you so much Dave!

Profile Picture Donna, 5/4/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Dave was a absolute pleasure to work with! My husband and I were pretty indecisive about our music choices until we had a two hour phone conversation with Dave who really helped us out! He gave us great suggestions and made us feel confident that everything was going to be great. The music Dave chose for our cocktail hour was a perfect fit for our venue and crowd. During the reception Dave put a smile on everyones faces and got them out on the dance floor immediately! Dave went above and beyond his job and put together a beautiful video of our entire wedding day! We are beyond thankful for that as we didnt have a videographer. Overall, Dave was a absolute pleasure to work with! He was so incredibly nice, fun, suggestive and detail oriented. We would definitely reccomend Dave to anyone looking for a great DJ.

Profile Picture Krista, 5/4/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Dave from Afino is simply the best! The planning process was extremely well organized and smooth, his equipment and setup were the coolest, and he made our wedding shine! Despite a culturally diverse crowd, he filled the room with electric energy, got everyone on the dance floor having the best time ever. So many guests praised the playlist! He really brought our celebratory party to the next level - cannot thank him enough! A real Pro and we'd highly recommend him for any unique couple's special moments!

Profile Picture Joy, 4/29/18, 1 Review
Services Used: MC

Great Service! Worth more then he charges! Great Value! I would use him for any future event!

Profile Picture Steven, 4/28/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Afino entertainment was instrumental in bringing our wedding to life. He not only set the perfect mood for our 6 hour event he also helped move the party along by announcing key moments in our schedule in a very relaxed beautiful manner. His set up during our wedding looked amazing and his overall footprint and presence was an added bonus. We will highly recommend him to everyone that needs a top notch DJ in the future. Best Bryce + Jade

Profile Picture Bryce, 4/21/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Dave provided the entertainment for my wedding this past April 2018 and I couldn’t have asked for a better time! He was professional (being timely and accommodating) and ensured the night was fun and went smoothly! Before the wedding, he made it super easy to schedule times to discuss the set list and schedule for the big day, answering all questions and putting a bride-to-be at ease!

Profile Picture Jen, 4/14/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Afinoentertainment exceeded our expectations! Dave was kind, sweet and friendly. We felt like we knew him forever. He gave us ideas and suggestions for things we hadn’t even thought of, regarding the event. He was so helpful!
His set up was beautiful and fit right in with our venue, he did exactly what we asked of him and then some! Our party was dancing into the night and all because of him! His little touches and extras made me so happy! Nothing compares to the video he made for us, and how quickly we were able to view it! He was just amazing! I wish we could have a party yearly and have him come! So grateful and blessed to have found him!

Profile Picture Naomi, 3/16/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Just amazing! From the moment we spoke on the phone, I knew he was the DJ for our wedding. Wedding planning is stressful, and you really need to have vendors you can trust will get the job done...and Afino entertainment was exactly that. Anything I asked for, any concern I had, Dave responded right away with a solution and some other options. It really made the process so much easier and made the night such a blast! He was so helpful, professional, and calm...basically a type of person you need at your wedding. He played music that had our guests dancing yet still very wedding/family appropriate, which is harder than it seems. 11/10 would recommend!

Profile Picture Lorraine, 3/9/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We saw Dave at our friend’s wedding over the summer and we were impressed how into the event he was. He was genuinely happy to be at the event and brought so much energy to the room, it was contagious. We got his card at the end of the night and kept him in mind when we were planning our wedding.
Our wedding was planned to be just a dinner party with 7 courses. We wanted a DJ to not only play music during the courses but also make the down time between courses more fun. From our first conversation with Dave, we knew we had our man. He knew exactly what we were trying to do and loved it. We went through all the songs we thought would be correct for the vibe and he built off that. The main thing we stressed to him was to feel out the room and play what the room wanted to hear. Once the dinner started, he played slower music to get people into the dinner feel then once the drinks started to flow, he played more and more upbeat songs (but didn’t force it). What started off as a dinner party became a full blown dance party.
At the event he was professional, on time, had a great setup and knew what to do and when. We had several guests tell us the DJ was perfect and they asked where we found him. I cannot thank Dave enough for his enthusiasm, professionalism and skill as a DJ. We would highly recommend him for any event.

Profile Picture Patrick, 12/22/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Dave was awesome to work with! He made everything great for us from day 1. He is very passionate about what he does and made our day stress free. We received so many compliments from our family and friends about how great he was and how nice and friendly he is. We would highly recommend him for any venue! Thanks Dave! Lisa and Ian

Profile Picture LISA, 10/22/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Dave is super professional and is genuinely a great guy. We could feel how much he really cares about his clients and the music and will go out of his way to make your wedding as perfect as he can make it. He nailed all the little details about how and when we needed certain songs to be played during our reception.

Since we had a daytime wedding, we didn't think we wanted to dance and also didn't think our guests would spend much time on the dance floor. We were so wrong! We were out on the dance floor with our guests having a great time. We really have to credit Dave for that! He knows how to read a crowd and play what's appropriate in the moment. We couldn't recommend Afino Entertainment enough!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 10/21/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Sound/PA System

DJ AFINO was amazing! I don't think we could have hired a better DJ. Dave was easy to work with, incredibly personable, played every song we requested, and also provided us with some great ideas that we wound up incorporating. He was very organized and handled all the music from the ceremony through the very end of the reception. He had everyone on the dance floor throughout the night; we even had a mini mosh pit at the groom's request. I would highly recommend him for any upcoming events. His quality of work is an outstanding value.

Profile Picture Justine, 10/13/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

From the first time we spoke to Dave, you can immediately tell this wasn't just a "job" for him, it's his passion. We immediately knew he would be a good fit.  He takes what he does very serious and wants you to have an amazing experience.  He takes the time to understand your vision, musical preferences and program details. He is very knowledgeable and makes suggestions based on his experiences.

He has an amazing personality, punctual, and very organized. He is very detailed oriented and didn't miss a beat throughout  our wedding.  He even stepped in to help us with the reception entrance line up (something he didn't have to do) and im glad he did!  He saw an opportunity that could have caused stress on us and was quick to suggest something to make sure everything continues to run smooth. He made sure we stuck to our timeline and made all necessary announcements.  He read the crowd and played the right music to keep the dancing going.

He does this cool thing at the end by gathering everyone on the floor to take a group photo, I thought that was amazing!

Also suggesting a bride and groom last dance was a perfect close out to our wedding day.

He was definitely worth the investment. We are strong believers in you get what you pay for and what we received was priceless!

Profile Picture Yolanda, 9/3/17, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

From the very first phone call with Dave we knew that we didn't have to look any further for a DJ and had found the one! Dave is extremely passionate about what he does and that is very clear when you speak with him. He is extremely detailed and always willing to give you feedback to make sure everything on the big day goes smoothly. He accommodated all of our requests and everything played out super smoothly on the big day. My family is Brazilian and he did a great job incorporating the Brazilian songs into all parts of the wedding and we had a good mix of both cultures - it was truly incredible! He coordinated with the venue very well, all of our guests loved him and his energy is truly amazing! I had some friends that are getting married next year ask for his information and I didn't hesitate one bit! I'd recommend Afino Entertainment to anyone! My husband and I were so so happy and we couldn't thank Dave enough for everything and for giving us such a memorable day

Profile Picture Caroline, 8/27/17, 1 Review