29 Reviews for Afino Entertainment

Consultation (4)
Uplighting (4)
Liability Insurance (3)
29 Afino Entertainment Reviews

Dave was awesome to work with! He made everything great for us from day 1. He is very passionate about what he does and made our day stress free. We received so many compliments from our family and friends about how great he was and how nice and friendly he is. We would highly recommend him for any venue! Thanks Dave! Lisa and Ian

Profile Picture LISA, 10/22/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Dave is super professional and is genuinely a great guy. We could feel how much he really cares about his clients and the music and will go out of his way to make your wedding as perfect as he can make it. He nailed all the little details about how and when we needed certain songs to be played during our reception.

Since we had a daytime wedding, we didn't think we wanted to dance and also didn't think our guests would spend much time on the dance floor. We were so wrong! We were out on the dance floor with our guests having a great time. We really have to credit Dave for that! He knows how to read a crowd and play what's appropriate in the moment. We couldn't recommend Afino Entertainment enough!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 10/21/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Sound/PA System

DJ AFINO was amazing! I don't think we could have hired a better DJ. Dave was easy to work with, incredibly personable, played every song we requested, and also provided us with some great ideas that we wound up incorporating. He was very organized and handled all the music from the ceremony through the very end of the reception. He had everyone on the dance floor throughout the night; we even had a mini mosh pit at the groom's request. I would highly recommend him for any upcoming events. His quality of work is an outstanding value.

Profile Picture Justine, 10/13/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

From the first time we spoke to Dave, you can immediately tell this wasn't just a "job" for him, it's his passion. We immediately knew he would be a good fit.  He takes what he does very serious and wants you to have an amazing experience.  He takes the time to understand your vision, musical preferences and program details. He is very knowledgeable and makes suggestions based on his experiences.

He has an amazing personality, punctual, and very organized. He is very detailed oriented and didn't miss a beat throughout  our wedding.  He even stepped in to help us with the reception entrance line up (something he didn't have to do) and im glad he did!  He saw an opportunity that could have caused stress on us and was quick to suggest something to make sure everything continues to run smooth. He made sure we stuck to our timeline and made all necessary announcements.  He read the crowd and played the right music to keep the dancing going.

He does this cool thing at the end by gathering everyone on the floor to take a group photo, I thought that was amazing!

Also suggesting a bride and groom last dance was a perfect close out to our wedding day.

He was definitely worth the investment. We are strong believers in you get what you pay for and what we received was priceless!

Profile Picture Yolanda, 9/3/17, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

From the very first phone call with Dave we knew that we didn't have to look any further for a DJ and had found the one! Dave is extremely passionate about what he does and that is very clear when you speak with him. He is extremely detailed and always willing to give you feedback to make sure everything on the big day goes smoothly. He accommodated all of our requests and everything played out super smoothly on the big day. My family is Brazilian and he did a great job incorporating the Brazilian songs into all parts of the wedding and we had a good mix of both cultures - it was truly incredible! He coordinated with the venue very well, all of our guests loved him and his energy is truly amazing! I had some friends that are getting married next year ask for his information and I didn't hesitate one bit! I'd recommend Afino Entertainment to anyone! My husband and I were so so happy and we couldn't thank Dave enough for everything and for giving us such a memorable day

Profile Picture Caroline, 8/27/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Afino Entertainment is the best! My wedding was just this past Saturday, August 26, 2017 at Nanina's in the Park in Belleville, NJ. Dave DJ'd my entire wedding from the ceremony through the cocktail hour and reception. Dave was nothing but exceptional. His professionalism, attentiveness, kindness and experience are extremely notable. I highly recommend this outstanding company to anyone.

Profile Picture Lisa, 8/26/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

working with dave was so easy and laid back we could not have asked for a better experience. Our wedding music from start to finish was great! I honestly do not think I stopped dancing (: Dave was very accommodating considering our wedding was all the way in Philadelphia but he was happy to be there even with a long drive to and from the venue! I highly recommend dave for your DJ needs for any event.

Profile Picture michelle, 8/18/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

AFINO entertainment is the absolute best! From the moment we connected, he was professional and knowledge. We hired afino entertainment a year and a half before our wedding date and I couldn't be more happier. Every time I reached out Dave responded right away and made sure our day was perfect. I asked him to put together a dance mix for my father daughter dance, with in hours he emailed me the mix. His response time and customer service skills are exceptional. The dance floor was full of dancing the whole night. He was amazing! Thank you Dave for making my day perfect.

Profile Picture kristen, 6/23/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Dave was the most amazing DJ! He did a great job keeping everyone on the dance floor and catering to both our Spanish guests and our Russian guests. Everyone had an amazing time, and it was very much because of Dave's wonderful and joyous personality. He really set the perfect mood for our wedding. Thank you again Dave!

Profile Picture Ana, 5/27/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

The process of picking a DJ was for us one of the things we worried the most about. We had been to a few weddings where the music took away from the night and our biggest fear was that the dance floor would be empty. Both our families are big dancers and wedding people so we knew that we had to pick the right DJ – and boy did we pick the right one! At our first in person meeting with Dave we knew he was the right choice. Dave was warm, inviting, friendly and extremely professional. As a gay couple we were very impressed by his openness and that he had same sex wedding paperwork, since on so many of our wedding papers we had Groom and Bride signature lines. In addition to this we never had to ask any of our questions since Dave consistently soothed our worries by just explaining his process and approach. We wanted a DJ that knew and loved his craft and didn’t just hit play on a playlist, but could read a room and weave music and styles together and Dave did all this masterfully. Afino’s professionalism and respect for the job is demonstrated by his very detailed pre-wedding questionnaire he has you do before you big day. It may seem like a lot, but it was very enjoyable for us both and really helped us think critically about the type of music and night we wanted. Dave gives you a lot of options for the night, but remember everything is customizable and he is very, very easy and open to work with. By the way, if you are thinking this questionnaire is a glorified playlist you are wrong – it is a guide and that was clear to us on the wedding day when Dave played music and songs we would have never thought of, but fit the mood perfectly and kept everyone raging. At our wedding day Dave truly brought everything together for an amazing and fun night. That may sound like a cliché that everyone says about their wedding, but in our case it was absolutely true. If you are here reading this – BOOK DAVE – DJ AFINO NOW! You will not regret it!

Profile Picture Anthony, 5/27/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

By far the best experience of all the vendors we used on our wedding day. I was a little apprehensive at first because Dave's prices were so much more reasonable than the DJ who tries to sell you these elaborate packages with a huge staff of personnel. We've been to a few weddings this past year and I've got to say Dave is fully capable of providing the same or superior atmosphere as those who charge MUCH more. The service he provides leaves nothing to be desired. He walked us through everything before the wedding and made sure everything was as we wanted it. My wife and I enjoyed picking out the music on the website Dave provides (optional) and he stuck to what we wanted and totally embraced the vibe we were going for. I can't imagine why anyone pay 2 - 3 times what Dave charges for a McDJ when you could have someone who takes pride in offering a high quality service.

Profile Picture William, 5/21/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Dave went above and beyond for our wedding May 20th. We planned our wedding from San Diego, so distance was a struggle, but Dave made it seamless. We didn't even meet until the day of and I'm bummed because he was awesome! The uplighting was beautiful, he performed our pre-ceremony, ceremony, cocktail hour and long extended reception. We had an outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour and Dave used all of his wireless equipment. The crowd never stopped dancing and he read everyone's mood to keep the dance floor full. He even customized our first dance song, and managed to capture us completely. Music is a VERY important part of our lives and we're honored to say Dave was our wedding day DJ. If you're getting married in the tri-state area and haven't booked Dave, you're crazy. I already have friends booking him for Fall 2018! Thank you sooooooo much! ~ Matija and Joe

Profile Picture Matija, 5/20/17, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

Afino deserves 5 stars across the board! Dave is amazingly talented and was the icing on the cake at our wedding! He paid close attention to details, like pronouncing the bridal party names correctly to editing our songs as requested. He kept the party going all night and made sure our guests were up dancing and having a good time. He created a great atmosphere with both the music and the up-lighting... and not to mention dancing on the clouds for our first dance as husband and wife. We are so happy with Dave's professionalism and would recommend him to ANYONE!

Profile Picture Jackie, 4/30/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day

I've used many DJ'so but Dave is by far the best DJ I have ever used. We told him what kind of music we wanted and it wasn't easy but he pulled it off.
He played Oldies /Rock /Country / Outlaw Country /Spanish &Top 40 and blended everything BEAUTIFULLY , he had everyone dancing the whole evening.
He made our SPECIAL DAY THAT MUCH MORE SPECIAL. We plan on using AFFINO in the future.
Bill &Julie Manning

Profile Picture William, 4/11/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Afino was the best decision we made for our wedding day. Dave truly made our reception stand out from the rest. From cocktail hour to our last dance we had THE BEST TIME! Unlike other receptions ours was broken into 3 different song sets where our guests were able to get up and dance throughout the night and throughout our sit down dinner.Dave was energetic throughout the whole night, he even jumped on the dance floor and danced with us. We had a custom entrance that he helped us orchestrate it was just perfect! We also had a custom monogram which Dave placed perfectly in our ballroom. At the end of the night he helped our guests all get together on the dance floor for a group photo (his idea which we loved). He even made a hilight video of the day which is something we have never seen from a DJ. I wish we were getting married again this weekend so we could do it all again. Thank you DJ Afino for making our wedding rock! We love You! Love Tony & Kym Lezotte

Profile Picture Kym, 3/25/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor

My wedding was amazing and it's all thanks to DJ Afino!

Dave gave my guest the time of their life. At the end of the night they kept asking me, where did you find him? He was phenomenal. He kept the guests moving all night! He was very kind and knew how to keep everyone entertained. He even made sure the end of the wedding was amazing and even instilled a great way to include everyone. Which was a great hit!!

The booking process was seamless, easy as 1-2-3 and prior to the wedding event he walked me through the entire night which eased any stress I had about how the night would go. He had us fill out a format and took our music requests and built an awesome night based off of it.

He did not miss a beat throughout the night. He definitely is very professional and you can see he loves to entertain.

I would recommend using DJ Afino for any wedding or party need!

Profile Picture Brittany, 3/11/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Dave was fantastic! He has so much energy and passion for what he does, and the crowd can feel it. He is responsive and thorough from initial contact to final review. Dave arrived early to set up and was prepared for anything (we went from an indoor ceremony to an outdoor February ceremony and he didn't miss a beat). We also loved the mini snapchat video Dave put together throughout the night and sent us a link to. Thank you Dave!

Profile Picture Bonnie, 2/19/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Dave was very professional from our first meeting straight through the event. He was responsive whenever I had questions. He did a fantastic job. He was punctual, and he kept the guests dancing and having a great time all night. We worked on the format for the night and everything worked out perfectly. It was such a relief that everything work out just as planned. When I needed music suggestions he was super helpful. I would absolutely use him again and I highly recommend his services. The venue actually asked for his information to recommend him to others just based on how great of a job he did at my wedding! A+++++

Profile Picture Crystal, 12/31/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We can't say enough good things about Afino Entertainment. Dave had our guests up and dancing all night and knew just how to keep the party going! He was always quick to respond to ANY questions we had throughout the planning process and was beyond accommodating. Dave knows what he's doing and is amazing at what he does! He will always be our recommendation!

Profile Picture Malorie, 11/26/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Dave (aka DJ AFINO) was the DJ for my wedding at the Sussex County Fairgrounds. I am an extremely picky music person, and was searching for someone who would allow the music tastes of myself and my husband to be evident in the evening. Dave went to great lengths to customize our event, was extremely responsive and flexible, navigated all my anxieties about the music and flow of the event with patience and understanding, and kept true to our wishes. Not only was the music amazing, but Dave also emceed the wedding, beginning with the ceremony, and coordinated with the caterer and other vendors to make sure the evening continued to flow well. I cannot recommend Dave enough. His professionalism, knowledge of the business, and great taste are so far beyond average that he's on a level all his own. His prices are a ridiculous steal, and whomever hires him is extremely lucky. Thanks again Dave! – Lauren & Bobby

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/22/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Dave's energy and enthusiasm made our big day one of the the greatest days of both mine and my wifes life. His ability to mix what sort of music I wanted with what my wife wanted was outstanding. I would pick DJ Dave 100 times over again, on top of that he is an overall great guy.
Thanks again Dave
Nathan

Profile Picture Nathan, 10/2/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I planned my wedding in less than 2 months. Dave was recommended by a mutual friend and he exceeded all of my expectations. He was extremely kind and professional throughout the whole process. He worked with my budget, was very helpful and was accommodating with my Monday evening wedding!! He had the party going all night and almost everyone complimented me on how much fun he was! Thank you so much Dave!!

Profile Picture Brooke, 10/1/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer

Dave was fantastic from the moment we met with him. He never pressured my, now husband, and myself on anything.
I felt very comfortable with Dave's detail to music and energy. He kept to his promises with the do not play list and taking curses out of the playlist. He was always where he needed to be well in advance, he was always polite, and he is a charismatic kind of guy. His work was seamless!
Any future events that need DJing, I will book him in a heartbeat! It was one of the easiest and stress free experiences!

Profile Picture Jessica, 7/1/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We hired Afino to DJ our wedding. We couldn't be happier with the service Dave provided. Even my guests were complimenting our choice. Very professional, knows exactly how to keep the flow going, and he is very sweet. Adorable, to boot! haha Thank you again! We appreciate all of your hard work. You were great! Very impressed.

Profile Picture Stacy, 11/14/15, 2 Reviews