Affordable Events Reviews

18 Reviews for Affordable Events

• Becky

Kailey · Getting married on 09/19/2020

Great Services!

I am planning to work with Affordable Events for my wedding. They have great prices and great services for weddings.

Sent on 03/07/2019

Tom · Married on 10/06/2018

It was a pleasure to work with Scott and his team on a very difficult project up in Bethel, ME. He was always available and helpful during the entire process. I would work with these guys anywhere!
    Thanks Scott for the opportunity to make this wedding a huge success!

Tom - Sperry Tents Seacoast

Sent on 10/10/2018
  • F

Frank · Married on 06/25/2016

Talk to Scott and Necole , they will fix you right up! They have all the equipment and products any couple would ever need. Beautiful products and amazing ly gorgeous tents. Don't wait give them a call now.

Sent on 08/15/2016

Jill · Married on 07/12/2014

Affordable Events is more than just a rental company! Instead of just delivering your rentals, Affordable Events sets up the tables and chairs, strings the lights, places the linens and makes the room look beautiful!

As a wedding planner, I appreciate their attention to detail and how they handle EVERYTHING. I highly recommend working with them for your wedding because they do all the work. They also make their own tables and take a lot of pride in their rentals. Everything was in amazing condition, clean and beautiful.

Sent on 09/17/2014

Jill · Married on 11/08/2013

Scott and Necole did an awesome job getting my chairs, glassware, and table linens on time, perfectly clean, and exactly what I wanted. Thank you Affordable Events for making my wedding special and easy.

Sent on 02/20/2014

Jill · Married on 11/06/2013

Scott and Necole are the best. On time, clean top of the line products, and were so committed to making my wedding day a success. I don' t know what I would have done with out them. THANK YOU FOR BEING AWESOME!

Sent on 09/12/2014

Rae-Lynn · Married on 08/24/2013

Our DJ/photographer recommended Affordable Events and we are very happy he did. Scott and Necole are great to work with and will get you anything you need. The quality of the rentals are unsurpassed and you can't beat the price. When we couldn't reach Scott he would get back to us within a day or two. There isn't anyone else we would ever go through for our rental needs!!!!

Sent on 10/23/2013
  • F

Freida · Married on 10/06/2012

Scott and his team were fabulous! They arrived on time, set up the tent, tables and chairs under the tent. Scott's lighting package was FANTASTIC for the tent and the breeze barn at the Mountain House on Sunday River. As a wedding planner, I would highly recommend using Affordable Events LLC for your wedding rentals.

Sent on 09/10/2015

We loved Affordable Events! They made our tent look like an actual inside venue! We totally recommend the tent liner. It is more money, but absolutely beautiful! The tents were white as white can be. And they set up everything for us! A wonderful company! Thank you Scott and Necole!

Sent on 07/02/2012
  • Joe

Joe · Married on 02/23/2012

What a top notch company to work with. They came...........they went............and we never knew they were here! Except for the beautiful tent they left for us party under. A little hard getting in touch with them at times but they always responded to my voicemails or emails promptly. Nothing like taking all the labor out of a party. They even set up the chairs and tables and took them down too. The classy touch is when they came back just before the event and set out the china and place settings. It looked fantastic. No other tent company offered that , Very professional outfit and i would def use them again.
    Thanks a million Scott and Necole.

Sent on 02/21/2012
  • Dan

Dan · Married on 09/07/2013

4.2
      3.5

The best priced rentals in the Portland area. They took good care of us. They were frequently forget to return phone calls and could be difficult to get in touch with. The tent was perfect!

Sent on 09/13/2013

Kayla · Married on 09/22/2018

3.0

All the rental equipment arrived in a timely manner and was in good quality. The showroom visit was very helpful in selecting linens and table settings for the big day.

Sent on 10/11/2018

Geneva · Married on 09/24/2016

3.8
      2.5
      3.0

Scott and Necole are very friendly, have truly wonderful products (they set up their tents on top of a drop cloth in order to keep them in pristine condition), and provide one-stop shopping for everything you could need or want for your event. We had no issues with all the initial parts of selecting our rental package, but as other reviewers have stated before, it is very, very difficult to get in touch with them, especially by email (which is often the best way to communicate in the wedding-planning game, because then you have the communications on paper).

That was a consistent issue for us--the lack of response or lag time between replies. It didn't upset us, it just made wedding planning slightly more difficult, and if you're doing it yourself then it is already complicated enough!

The one other negative we experienced with Scott was about the contract. There was one occasion on which we were told that we had a responsibility "per the contract" which did not actually exist. It felt a little manipulative/borderline dishonest, because I think our ignorance was being counted on so that we would make Affordable Event's job easier.

Again, it wasn't a huge deal because it didn't feel malicious, and fortunately we knew the contract well enough to know that this wasn't our responsibility. Everyone should know their contracts, regardless of how awesome their vendor is!

Those experiences aside, we absolutely recommend working with Affordable Events--their rentals are truly beautiful and well-cared for, their set-up team is hard-working, accommodating, professional, and the uniqueness of their design (like the live edge pine bar and the farm tables and chandeliers in the tent) make them completely worth it. It is a wonderful product and we are so happy and pleased that we went with Affordable Events--they were still worth the extra work on our part!

Sent on 11/04/2016

Helena · Married on 10/19/2013

3.6
      3.5

Very hard to get a hold of them esp wth email....I also never received my floor plan till a few days prior to wedding....

Sent on 11/02/2013

Meghan · Married on 09/29/2018

2.4

Would Not Choose Again

Overall, I feel as though I had a poor experience with Affordable Events LLC. I'm not one to be negative or give poor reviews, but I feel as though the customer service was really lacking from Scott and Necole. Also, as a bride-to-be with no wedding planner or experience, I feel like they kind of took advantage of me due to my lack of knowledge.

First, the POSITIVES: They were recommended by my wedding venue for excellent installation and sturdiness of the tent on top of a mountain. It was pretty windy the day of our wedding and the tent held up great. They were prompt setting up the day before our wedding and the farmhouse tables/bar was beautiful. The chandelier lighting was beautiful as well. They engaged in spontaneous trouble-shooting the day before our wedding for proper electrical set-up and change of tent size (So much praise for the lead man setting up recommending the smaller tent size). Also, prompt communication during EARLY wedding planning.

The NEGATIVES:
    -Once I had my final guest count, it took Necole over a week to respond to me regarding tent layout. I emailed and called (left a voicemail). At one point, Scott answered 2 weeks before our wedding and said he couldn't help me since he just shut down his computer system, was ready to leave, and to call back during their working hours. This was even after I said I've been trying to get in touch with them for a week and my wedding day is very close. He gave me a bunch of excuses why they hadn't responded in a timely manner and had no interest in helping me.
    -Our guest count decreased from about 130 to 87 and Necole got back to me with the new layout/amount of tables. The day before the wedding, the lead person setting up said our tent size is way too big for our amount of guests/tables. This is where I feel we were taken advantage of. The lead person recommended 20 ft off the tent size and required Scott's approval to do this. Scott agreed over the phone although I heard him say "Just make sure they know they aren't getting refunded". He said this twice very loud and clear over the phone and I had to agree to this. According to our wedding venue owner, It was THEIR responsibility to decrease the tent size with a decrease in price with our final guest count. We should have been refunded because this was Affordable Event's mistake. Because of this, our whole table layout changed the DAY BEFORE our wedding and my bridesmaids/their partners, spent hours re-organizing the layout. Also, I had to draw pictures of the new layout and send it to all my vendors. This was BY FAR the most stress my husband and I had felt wedding planning and because of these changes, we were late to our rehearsal dinner. Also, this was the only time I cried during the entire planning process - due to the spontaneous changes and interactions with Scott.

OVERALL, my recommendations are: if you go with Affordable Events, make sure you have a wedding planner/coordinator to ensure everything goes smoothly. I wouldn't trust Affordable Events again without experienced personnel checking in on them to make sure they are faithful and are doing what's best for their customers.

Sent on 10/31/2018

1.4
      0.0
      1.5

We were very disappointed with this rental company. The day of delivary equipment showed up dirty and unwashed...as this wasn't apparent from the food and dirt covering the chairs, the crew members sent to set it up were complaining that no one washed the equipment. The day before the wedding the entire wedding party spent over two hours with soap and water scrubbing down the chairs. The owner of the company apologized and promised us a refund or gift card...that was months ago and we have not heard from him since. We were also disappointed with the lack of professionalism. It often took weeks or longer to return a phone call or email (after sending several over the corse of time). we were sent a "quote" that was completely off, when we looked more closely we realized the quantaties and amounts didn't match at all. We were shocked a company woe send a "mistake" like this and not even pick up on it. The only part of the experience we were pleased with was the set up crew. They were hardworking, honest about the uncleaned equipment, and put everything in its place. We would not recommend this company.

Sent on 11/12/2012

Affordable Events's reply:

In response to this review submitted. I am the owner of Affordable Events LLC, and i was made aware of a stack of 25 of 200 chairs were delivered to this customer non-prepared for this wedding (unwashed.) We immediately spoke with the bride to be due to the fact that our crew did make a mistake and loaded a stack of chairs that was unprepaired. We did everything to resolve the issue and offered to bring out another set of 25 prepared chairs. We also refunded the brides father (who paid for the wedding set) for not only the 25 unprepaired chairs but also for all of the chairs delivered. We sincerely appologized for the human mistake and tried everything (with ample time to rectify the situation.) If you notice the rest of our reviews (being completely positive,) this is far from the norm of our practice. We do understand human error and have acted accordingly with our staff.

Valerie · Married on 09/08/2018

0.5
      0.5

Brides Beware. I'm sure you have read some questionable reviews of this business already so please heed the warnings. I only used this company because I was in desperate need of farmers tables for my wedding- which were very difficult to find. I met with Scott initially and voiced my concerns about other reviews saying communication was terrible and other such complaints. He assured me that they were "old reviews" and that he would be 100% attentive. This is false- which I honestly knew from meeting with him. Scott is aggressive, rude, and condescending. If you feel that you still want to book this company for rentals I would request to work primarily with Nichole- as she is far more understanding. I feel I could go on forever about my experience but I will stick to a couple important issues. 1. Scott will not communicate with you unless it is to get a payment. Don't even try emailing him because he is apparently incapable of such a thing, and if you do speak on the phone with him he will bully you. After a very important miscommunication (which I am not placing blame on anyone for) He left me one of the rudest most condescending voicemails I have EVER received- the day before my wedding. Next - the quality of rentals is terrible. His "custom made" farm tables were falling apart leg by leg and we could barely move them for fear of them breaking. Every single item we ordered besides possibly the silverware came FILTHY. I have attached a few pictures I took while my entire family raced around for hours scrubbing the chargers- glasses and tables so we could safely feed our guests. I honestly hate writing reviews like this and get no pleasure from it- but please, if you are a bride planning your wedding- do not book this company. Had it not been for my amazing caterer this could have been a disaster.

Sent on 09/25/2018