Affordable Catering Reviews

379 | Tampa, FL

379 Reviews for Affordable Catering

Jason · Married on 11/15/2014

Absolutely incredible food! The staff were very accommodating and professional! We used them for the wedding and rehearsal dinner! I cannot wait to use them again for another event in the future!

Sent on 12/23/2014

Affordable Catering's reply:

Jason, it is so wonderful to hear how pleased you were with our service and quality at your events! We look forward to being a part of your future events. Thank you for the positive review.

Shari · Married on 11/08/2014

Could not have been more pleased with the delicious food and great service we received from the servers for my daughter's wedding . Thank you so much and we will be sure to recommend yall to anyone.

Sent on 11/10/2014

Affordable Catering's reply:

It is so great to hear how pleased you were with our food and service. We hope to be a part of your future events, Shari, and thank you for your positive feedback!

Kristin · Married on 11/08/2014

Absolutely blown away by Affordable Catering! We used them for food and bar services and we were thrilled with the result. Mei was wonderful, working with us from the very beginning to help us build the perfect menu within our budget. I think we probably had her re-quote our package about 10 times as we explored each different option- and she was always happy to do it! (At least that's what she lead us to believe!) Most importantly- THE FOOD WAS FANTASTIC! Seriously! Our guests still haven't stopped raving about the paella we served!
    The only negative I would say is that the bar seemed to run out of things rather quickly, despite the fact that we ordered for 100 guests when we only had 90 actual attendants. We did this to be sure we would have plenty of booze for our (heavier) drinkers. But when the bar ran out of coors, they switched to yuengling, and so on. Overall our guests were happy with the food and drink, we were blown away with the service, and their price ABSOLUTELY cannot be beaten! I would DEFINITELY recommend Affordable Catering to any bride, and I will be going to them first for any catering needs I have in the future!

Sent on 11/30/2014

Affordable Catering's reply:

It is so great to hear how pleased you were with our food, drink and service, Kristin! Mei has been a wonderful addition to out team, and I'm glad to know that she helped make your big day a special one. We definitely look forward to working with you in the future, and thank you for your positive feedback.

I was so happy we choose this vendor to cater our wedding. They were so professional and nice! The food, omg the food was amazing!! All the guests loved it too! They decorated the buffet tables so beautifully to match the decor of our wedding and it looked amazing. And no joke about the name, they really do have affordable pricing! Best around!

Sent on 11/05/2014

Affordable Catering's reply:

Thank you for your positive review! We are always happy to provide quality food and service, and it is wonderful to hear that you were pleased with it all. We hope that you will consider us for future events.

Heidi · Married on 10/04/2014

As maid of honor for my best friend's wedding, I wanted to make her shower special! She wanted to have the shower in a home, but I was concerned because I wanted to enjoy hosting the shower and not spend the whole time working! So, I decided to hire a catering company. My first choice was not available on the date I needed so I decided to give Affordable Catering a try and I am so happy I did! Everything was so beautiful! Cynthia, the server, arrived right on time and got everything set up and ready for the party. The way she set up the tables was really beautiful and so much better than what I could have ever done on my own! She was professional, polite, and efficient throughout the party. She made sure everything stayed tidy and made sure all the guests had what they needed. She also kept up with clearing away plates and cups that guests were finished with, but she was so non-intrusive, you wouldn't even know she was there! She also quietly advised me when I had questions about when to serve the cake and when to have the champagne toast. She cut and served the cake and poured the champagne toast (the champagne they provided was delicious and many of the guests commented on how good it was!) When the party was over she cleaned everything up including cleaning my countertops and sweeping and mopping the kitchen floor! I could not have been any happier with my experience with Affordable Catering and Cynthia! I would recommend them to anyone having a party. It was so nice for me to really be able to relax and enjoy the party and be a good hostess instead of spending my whole time setting up, serving, and cleaning up. What a pleasure!

Sent on 10/22/2014

Affordable Catering's reply:

Heidi, it is so nice to hear how well your event went! Cynthia is one of our best (and longest standing) servers, so while it is no surprise that she did a great job, it is always great to hear how wonderful she is doing straight from our customers! We hope that you will consider us for future events, and thank you greatly for your positive review.
  • W

Wendy · Married on 09/27/2014

Our consultant, Stephanie, was a pleasure to work with. She was always prompt and courteous with her responses. The food was amazing. The wedding was moved into the reception due to rain and the servers were so accommodating as we had to rearrange everything . I must say it was by far the best experience I've ever had. Thank you everyone at Affordable Catering for helping create a memorable night!

Sent on 10/14/2014

Wendy,
    Thank you so much for you compliments on our food and service. Stephanie is a great addition to our team, and I'm so glad that she could help make you big day a bit more special. We hope that you will think of us for future events, and thank you for your positive review.
  • Leah

Leah · Married on 09/25/2014

Beautiful set up to accommodate delicious food. No complaints from any of our guests about chicken being dry or the steak being over done! Wonderful! And Affordable just like their name suggests! Highly Recommend!

Sent on 02/14/2015

Affordable Catering's reply:

Leah, we are so pleased to hear how much you enjoyed our food and service! Thank you kindly for the positive review. We hope you will consider us for future events.

Brittany · Married on 09/20/2014

I truly LOVED working with Affordable Catering. A buffet style wasn't what I had originally wanted, but what I had to do for our budget. They have changed my opinion about buffet weddings forever! The food was what sold us right away at our tasting. We couldn't wait the 9 months to have the roast again it was that yummy! I have several compliments from our guests on how great the food was and was presented, and let's be honest wedding food isn't always the best. Once you go to a tasting you will understand, the food and service is way above the price you pay for. Using them felt like a steal! Mei was so easy to work with and the communication was great. Jackie on the day of was such an angel. She was extremely attentive to myself and the groom, always making sure I had food or a drink. My husband and I ended up having seconds because I enjoyed my meal that much. You cannot go wrong with using this amazing catering company.

Sent on 10/07/2014

Brittany,
    We can not thank you enough for your kind words! It is always so nice to hear that we were able to make your big day a bit more special. Mei is a wonderful member of the team, and it's great to hear that she made the whole process easy. While Jackie is one of our best and long-standing servers, it's always nice to hear it straight from the customer. We hope you will consider us for future events. Thank you for the positive review.

Michelle · Married on 08/30/2014

Mei Johnson and Affordable Catering deserve more that 5 stars! We were impressed after the tasting and after comparing their prices to other caterers in the area, but they exceeded our expectations at the wedding! The food was amazing! They are very familiar with the our venue, the Lange Farm, and were able to set up and break down without any problems. Communication with Mei was always quick and easy. We have received tons of compliments from our guests about our food and appetizers. People say the bride and the groom don't get to eat their wedding food, but I couldn't take my husband away from his plate! My father is a picky eater and even he commented on how tender roast beef was. Affordable Catering was a big part of making our wedding day perfect!

Sent on 09/18/2014

Affordable Catering's reply:

We are so glad that we could help make your wedding day so special, Michelle. Knowing that even your 'picky eaters' were happy with the food, is a wonderful compliment. It's great to hear that Mei helped make the whole process a breeze for you, as well. We hope that you will consider us for future events. Thank you for the positive feedback!

Abbey · Married on 08/16/2014

I worked with Mei Johnson at Affordable Catering and was beyond pleased with her level of professionalism, responsiveness and helpfulness! Every email was answered in a timely manner and she was so helpful while my family and I were deciding what services we wanted. Mei adjusted my contract many times at my request so I always knew exactly how everything was broken down. My wedding day went flawlessly, they arrived, set up, served, packed up and were great about letting me enjoy my day without having to arrange anything. I would definatley recommend their services!!!

Sent on 08/18/2014

Affordable Catering's reply:

We are pleased that you enjoyed our food and services, Abbey! We are so glad to hear that Mei could help make your big day less stressful, and thank you for such positive feedback. We hope you will consider us for future events.

Kelly · Married on 08/10/2014

Wow! Where do I start? We found this caterer after reading reviews and took a chance....SCORE! They catered my daughter's wedding at a house we rented in St Pete Beach. Our guests are still talking about the food, and how fun the caterers made the reception. They were cheerful, SO polite, SO conscientious. They were totally ON. The food was ready when we were, the spread was absolutely stunning gorgeous.....all items the exact temperature they should be. It was so delicious I am still craving the prime rib, the artichoke dip, the salmon with capers....I could go on and on. Only problem was that we had so many leftovers! PLENTY of food....we ordered for the exact number of attendees. No worries about running out of anything. OH, and the desserts....unbelievable. We could have forgone the cupcakes we ordered from another vendor. They were actually a bit disappointing. That was a waste of $400. But, WE LOVED AFFORDABLE CATERING.......BOOK THEM!

Sent on 08/16/2014

Affordable Catering's reply:

We cannot begin to thank you enough for all the kind words, Kelly! We strive to give our customers a great experience, and it is great when we can hear straight from you that we have succeeded. We hope that you will consider us for future events.

Bonnie · event on: 07/31/2014

We used Affordable Catering to cater our daughter's engagement party. They were so easy to deal with and provided exactly what they promised. The food was great and the display was beautiful. The servers were so accommodating and were on top of everything all evening. We had so many of our guests comment on how good the food was and how fabulous everything looked. Affordable Catering is truly that, affordable! I would highly recommend them.

Sent on 08/12/2014

Affordable Catering's reply:

We are so glad to hear that you event we smoothly, and that you were pleased with our service. We hope that you will consider us for future events, and thank you kindly for the positive feedback.

Es · Married on 07/30/2014

First off, this was not for a wedding, but rather an event we were hosting.

Leslie and Lia were great to work with. They were responsive, flexible and had the patience to review all the items needed for our event. The hot appetizers were a huge hit! Not a single item left.

We hope to use them again in the future. Thank you for all your help! Keep up the good work.

Sent on 08/12/2014

Affordable Catering's reply:

Thank you for all of your kind words regarding our food and service. We are glad to know that Lia and Leslie were able to help make the event a special one. Thank you so much for considering us for future events.

Tiffany · Married on 06/28/2014

Affordable Catering is by far the best catering company that I have ever had the opportunity to work with. They are incredibly professional through each step of the wedding planning process. Not only do they provide amazing food, but their buffet setup is truly a work of art. Affordable Catering's buffet at my wedding was absolutely the focal point of the room. The setup was amazing and my guests went on and on about how beautiful the tables were. We had 180 guests at our wedding and every person that I talked with complimented the delicious and creative menu. The servers who worked our wedding graciously served my husband and I while we got to enjoy each others company at the head table. They did a wonderful job of serving our guests and making sure that all of their culinary needs were met. They were all professional and were truly there to make sure that all of my guests enjoyed their evening. Affordable's staff is made up of the best of the best. We are so grateful for all that Affordable Catering did to make our wedding day perfect.

Sent on 07/15/2014

Affordable Catering's reply:

We are so glad to hear that our staff was able to make your big day a special one, Tiffany. Knowing that you and your guests enjoyed the food and, more importantly, the evening, makes us very proud. We hope that you will consider us for future events. Thank you greatly for the review.

Jessica · Married on 06/21/2014

Very good food and helpful staff. I only heard great things about the food from the guests.

Sent on 07/05/2014

Affordable Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for the positive feedback, Jessica, we are so glad to hear that you and your guests had such a pleasant experience with us. We hope that you will consider us for future events.

Barbara · Married on 06/14/2014

The caterers arrived on time and setup a beautiful presentation...they were able to utilize the existing venue so that the buffet ,etc was easily assessable and not intrusive ...the service staff was pleasant,courteous and professional...the food was well prepared and served hot ..........thank you......and thank you to our sales rep for her helpful suggestions...

Sent on 06/19/2014

Affordable Catering's reply:

We are so glad to hear that you were pleased with our food and services, Barbara. We hope that you will consider us for future events. Thank you for the positive review.
  • User4194032 · 2+ years ago

I was so impressed! There was a medical emergency with one of the servers and the other server didn't miss a beat! We (the couple) never knew there was a "hiccup", until my father opened the meal in prayer asking for quick healing of the server. Leslie was fabulous with last minute adjustments. Everyone loved the food and the service!

Sent on 07/17/2014

Affordable Catering's reply:

We are so happy to hear that even with the injury, we were able to help make your big day a special one. Thank you so much for the positive review!

Everything with this company was an awesome experience! They were the best people we worked with throughout the entire wedding. The food was hot and tasted great. We had a buffet and they decorated it and it completely matched the decor. We did all of our dealings with them via telephone and email. They responded quick and were so helpful. The servers were very friendly. We highly recommend them to anyone looking for a caterer and will use them for other events.

Sent on 05/23/2014

Affordable Catering's reply:

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed our food and service. We always appreciate the positive feedback, and hope you will consider us for future events.

We used this company to cater our wedding and the food was great, and it was actually affordable compared to other places. Everyone we dealt with on their staff was very friendly and accommodating, from the first meeting at their office to the servers on our big day, we have no complaints. We would definitely recommend this caterer.

Sent on 05/25/2014

Affordable Catering's reply:

We are so happy to hear what a positive experience you had with us! Thank you so much for the review, and we hope you will consider us for future events.

Lauren · Married on 04/25/2014

Oh my goodness, where to start?? I cannot say enough good things about this company and all of the staff at affordable catering! First, Leslie was exceptional from our first encounter; she took the time to explain everything to me, gave me all of my options, and found every way to maximize my budget. Leslie was INCREDIBLY patient and accommodating throughout all of my budget and menu changes, and always responded in a timely fashion--this made the hectic bridal season so much easier for me! On the day of my wedding I was literally amazed at how genuinely caring the staff were to make every detail that was important to me come true, but even more than that how they went above and beyond to make sure that my husband and I were taken care of from the moment our ceremony finished. I distinctly remember receiving an ice cold glass of water and a plate of fresh hors d'oeuvres from one of the staff right when the ceremony was over and we were about to start taking our pictures, and this kind of attentiveness carried through the rest of our wedding and was such a joy to my husband and I. Thank you to everyone who made our special day even more amazing!!!

Sent on 06/20/2014

Affordable Catering's reply:

We are so happy to hear how well your event went, Lauren! Knowing that our staff and Leslie were able to make your big day a bit more special, lets us know that we are doing our job right. It is always great to hear it straight from the customer, and we thank you for the positive feedback. We hope that you will consider us for future events.

Meghan · Married on 04/19/2014

Mei and her team were amazing! They made the day go off with out a hitch. Mei was so flexible and knowledgeable about everything needed. She worked with us all along the way and made our lives easy. She took care of us every second of the day. The team was professional and trustworthy. They worked and made the guest comfortable. The food was delicious! Our guest raved about the quality. We ate it and wanted 4th ;) The staff at Affordable rocks!

Sent on 04/28/2014

Affordable Catering's reply:

Meghan, it is wonderful to hear how comfortable Mei made you for your big day. We are happy to know that you enjoyed our food and our services, and really appreciate you leaving the positive feedback for us. We hope you will consider us for future events as well.

Sera · Married on 04/19/2014

I am overwhelmingly pleased with Affordable Catering! We were definitely a more complicated wedding, in that we had a Friday night casual event, an upscale Saturday plated dinner, and a Sunday morning farewell brunch. This is even more complicated due to the fact that our wedding did not follow a typical timeline, as many of the guests were European.

AC was fantastic about accommodating us, in everything from making sure my food items were gluten-free, to adding child and vegetarian options, to letting us choose a dish that was not on their regular menu. I was particularly impressed on Friday night that they were able to move the location last minute due to rain, and the setup and quality was amazing. The staff was also very friendly and professional.

On the day of my wedding, I had Stephanie as a day of coordinator. While I was frantic, she organized all of the vendors and made sure that everything was set up exactly as I had wanted it to be set up. The dinner ran very smoothly, and the plating and quality of the meals was impressive.

What I particularly liked, and why I choose AC, is that there is so much variety. I loved that we could both do a less expensive Friday and Sunday meal that had lots of options (BBQs, shrimp skewers, and 5 other dishes), as well as a more high-end, gourmet meal (Filet in red wine reduction and blackened mahi mahi with mango salsa) for our actual wedding.

I cannot recommend them enough!

Sent on 05/06/2014

Affordable Catering's reply:

We are so happy to hear you were pleased with our food and services, Sera. We aim to provide many menu options, along with customizability for all of them, and love when customers get to utilize that. We are so happy that we could be a small part in making your big day so special. We hope that you will consider using us for future events, and thank you for the positive review.

Tara · Married on 04/12/2014

Affordable Catering was amazing! Not only was the food absolutely delicious, they decor of the buffet tables were exactly how I envisioned if not better! Stephanie Johnson made all the difference in our day. She came as the day of event coordinator and made sure everything went smoothly. I can't thank her and her team enough!! I recommend any wedding couple in Tampa, FL or nearby to use these guys! You will not regret it :)

Sent on 04/24/2014

Affordable Catering's reply:

Tara, it is great to hear that you were so pleased with our food and service, and we always enjoy being able to play with some decor to match your event! We hope you will consider us for future events, and thank you for the positive feedback.

Sandy · event on: 04/08/2014

Mei
    I wanted to Thank You and your staff for a wonderful Event. The food received many Raves from our attendees. Dauphne was a pleasure to work with, she was professional at all times, courteous and pleasaant. Our event was scheduled for outside as a Beach Venue, so of course, it was raining, and very last minute changes had to happen due to the weather conditions, Dauphane pitched in and was very adaptable to our situation with a smile on her face. We will be hosting the same event next year and Affordable Catering is our caterer of choice for any event that we undertake in the future. Thanks again for a job well done from Start to FInish. Sandy Faulconer President

Sent on 04/15/2014

Jaime · Married on 03/08/2014

Fantastic service, excellent food, reasonable prices, great staff team! I am so happy I went with this caterer! I received so many compliments on the food! Very pleased with this company! Thank you Affordable Catering!

Sent on 03/15/2014

Affordable Catering's reply:

We are so happy to hear how pleased you and your guests were with the food and service! Thank you for the positive feedback and we hope you consider us for future events.