A2R Entertainment Reviews

81 | Cumming, GA

81 Reviews for A2R Entertainment

Jamie O. · Getting married on 07/10/2022

Best dj ever!

We got married in October of 2020 and could not have asked for a better Wedding Entertainer! We heard nothing but good things about Jake and his company through a friend who recommended him. We decided to use him for our wedding, and we are so glad that we did! He was great to work with leading up to our wedding. He took the time to meet with us to go over all the details and was very open to listening to what it was we wanted for our special day. Throughout the wedding, Jake and his team played great music that kept the crowd going until the very last minute. The dance floor was packed the entire night, no one even thought about stopping to eat. Afterwards, we received many compliments about Jake and his team, everyone was saying how they have to have Jake at their wedding next. We are so thankful we had him to DJ at our wedding! We will reccomend him and his company to everyone who is looking for wedding entertainment. He is by far the best around!

Sent on 12/13/2020

A2R Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Jamie! That was some party! I'm so thrilled and honored I got to be a part of your special day!

Taylor B. · Married on 10/03/2020

couldn't ask for anyone better

He was absolutely amazing. If I wasn't sure on something, his suggestions were top notch. He was so much fun and was very transparent on everything. Will definitely be using his services for all DJ needs in the future.

Sent on 10/05/2020

A2R Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Taylor! I had a great time! I hope you have a need for my help again sometime soon as I would be happy to party with all of you again!
  • Molly

Molly A. · Married on 09/04/2020

Amazing and personalized experience

Jake really makes the effort to personalize and create a beautiful ceremony experience. He truly made our small intimate wedding so special considering how much we had to scale back due to Covid-19. Highly recommend him and his services if you are looking for a fun personalized ceremony.

Sent on 12/01/2020

A2R Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Molly! I had a great time writing and performing your ceremony for both of you! Lots of laughs!

Kim C. · Married on 08/07/2020

Excellent Entertainment!!

Jake was the DJ at my cousins wedding. His positive energy and awesome music had everyone on the dance floor throughout the evening! Such a great time!! I highly recommend Affair 2 Remember Entertainment, you will not be disappointed!!!!

Sent on 02/08/2020
  • Heather

Heather K. · Married on 07/19/2020

We would highly recommend!!

Darryl was very attentive and responsive to all of our questions! He really went the extra mile to make our day fun and memorable. He asked good questions about the ceremony and reception I hadn't thought of yet. He helped our wedding to run smoothly and brought the energy and fun when it was time to dance!! Very personable and friendly!

Sent on 07/24/2020

Corrine F. · Married on 06/06/2020

Cannot believe the amount of fun.

I did not think that during the state this world is in right now that we could have any fun. Boy was I wrong, the music was phenomenal. Chris had a terrific personality and was extremely energetic. I've been to parties where the energy was lacking, not here. Everyone was dancing. Music was hip. After cancelling our wedding and it turning into a backyard wedding, Chris exceeded everyone's expectations. Would hire him for any future event.

Sent on 07/30/2020

Michael E. · Married on 11/02/2019

Outstanding Service

Bottom line up front: You won't find a better wedding DJ/MC in the southeast than Jake (Darryl)

Planning:
    Affair 2 Remember (A2R) has an online form linked with a seemingly limitless database of music that you can directly link to portions of your ceremony. Jake walks through every single segment with you (and/or your coordinator) to ensure the music, cues, announcements, names, speeches, etc. are accurate, timed correctly and optimized (if you need length editing). Jake took the time to ensure he understood the intended ambiance we wanted to set and showed genuine interest in our story.

Event presence (DJ):
    Jake's experience allows him to smartly set or adjust the mood based on the wedding timeline. We provided audio for our precession and ceremony, but trusted him to select music based on discussions we had about our friends/family for the entirety of our reception/dance. Jake was also keenly aware of our cues (we had 4) during our ceremony, to which each track was played exactly on time and at the correct volume. Jake's selections were tasteful and well-received by everyone in attendance; the music was at a comfortable volume, his setup was professional and approachable, and he was able to service every request based on our guidelines (radio edits for explicit) - a testament to his preparedness. Jake was able to hype the audience up so well that even our 96 year old grandparents found the strength to dance.

Event Presence (MC):
    Jake offers his services as a master of ceremonies, which I highly recommend. Jake read our story, bridal party introductions, introduced our first dances, and so much more. He speaks comfortably in large crowds, provides an immense amount of humor, and is punctual. Jake offered to host fun micro-events during appropriate breaks, which we also highly recommend (I won't spoil them for anyone else, but our families still talk about them). I will also mention that if the crowd has forgotten how to do the cupid shuffle Jake is also a terrific dance instructor in a pinch.
    Jake brought backup lapel microphones as well as a microphone stand for our chaplain and ensured all audio equipment was functioning correctly prior to guest arrival. He also provided individual wireless microphones for our toasts and announcements. He was flexible and facilitating, ensuring that if we needed absolutely anything from him he would be available - it was clear that our wedding was as important to Jake as it was to us.

Additional:
    Jake is a true rockstar - he truly cares and plans for wedding success. If it weren't enough that he facilitates absolute success, he also retains the ability to officiate in emergencies. He is an amazing DJ, an amazing MC, and an amazing person.

Sent on 11/19/2019
  • Maria

Maria P. · Married on 09/03/2019

Absolutely amazing!

Darryl will make sure your wedding is magical. I attended a wedding he was a DJ at and had to get his number and keep in touch. His level of professionalism is second to none. You will not regret using him for any event that you want to make memories to last a lifetime.

Sent on 01/15/2020

Michael R. · Married on 08/23/2019

Exceeded our expectations

Jake gave us a WOW wedding from start to finish. He orchestrated a beautiful ceremony and wedding that left our guests saying ours was the funnest wedding they attended in a long time.

Sent on 10/29/2019

Stephen · Married on 09/15/2018

Jake and Brandon are fantastic. kept the dance floor going all night , played great music, played our requests, listened to us and worked closely with us to make sure we got exactly what we wanted. We couldn’t recommend them enough.

Sent on 09/17/2018

Allie · Married on 09/14/2018

Flexibility

I rescheduled my wedding for a year after our booking date. Jake was completely accommodating! Phew- what a great vendor!
    My husband and I had picked nearly 7 hours of music for a 4 hour event. 87% of it wasn’t played because it wasn’t what my guests wanted to hear. But Jake and Chris we’re prepared! They had exactly what everyone wanted and honestly, they were right!
    Jake and Chris from Affair 2 Remember brought beautiful equipment to our venue and were incredibly flexible throughout our entire wedding planning process. 10/10 recommend!

Sent on 01/06/2020
  • Jamie

Jamie · Married on 09/08/2018

Jake is the best!

I could not recommend Jake enough! I was first introduced to Affair 2 Remember at my cousins wedding. A few years later my sister used them at her wedding and when my wedding rolled around in September I didn't even bother searching. I knew Affair 2 Remember was my go-to! Jake played acoustic guitar during the cocktail hour and then did the regular dj setup for the rest. The reception was supposed to be outside and when it started raining and everything had to get moved inside, he didn't miss a beat. I was actually not super excited about the dancing aspect of the wedding and he made the whole experience so easy and fun!

Sent on 12/05/2018
  • Michael

Michael W. · Married on 09/01/2018

Fun and Easy Experience

We loved our open conversations with Jake planning our wedding, we were able to customize what we wanted and at the same time had a professional to guide us where we needed. Weddings are supposed to be fun and that was what we got!

Sent on 12/07/2018
  • Niecey

Niecey · Married on 08/05/2018

Jake officated our wedding ceremony and he also DJ'ed our reception, and he was FABULOUS at both!

Jake had a way of making our ceremony both touching, and fun. He personalized it with details of our relationship that made our guests smile, and that made it really special. As for the reception, the process of selecting our songs was very easy, and he made sure to keep everyone on their feet and dancing throughout the evening.

Sent on 12/08/2018

Milly T. · Married on 04/28/2018

After doing plenty of research looking for a D.J. and officiant for our beach wedding I found Affair 2 Remember Entertainment. We were so pleased from day one with the level of professionalism and personal attention to our requests. Our expectations were exceeded and we are thankful we choose them over the rest. Our guests haven’t stopped talking about how much fun they had at our wedding dancing, we certainly can’t stop talking about it too. You know the music is good when your 80 year old father makes his way to the dance floor. :-) We truly loved his style of officiating too. It was personal, funny and our guests were drawn in and wanted to hear more about our love story. Jake was amazing to work with throughout every step, from the beginning to the end.

Sent on 05/17/2018

Lauren · Married on 11/24/2017

We couldn't be happier to have Jake as our DJ two weeks ago for our wedding. He is an absolute pleasure to work with and truly made the whole process easy and stress-free. So accommodating, and goes above and beyond to make it a memorable experience for all. We were thrilled to see our guests having a blast on the dance floor the ENTIRE evening!! We are still getting so many compliments and great feedback on our choice for a DJ. We were lucky to have Jake and Affair 2 Remember be a part of our special day, and will continue to recommend them over and over!
    - Lauren & Crawford King

Sent on 12/10/2017

Casandra · Married on 11/18/2017

All I can say about Affair2Remember Entertainment is that Jake is absolutely amazing. He helped us through everything- especially since we were stuck on some entrance songs. We left it in his hands and we were not disappointed! We first met Jake at my Sister-in-Law’s wedding and since that day I always said I want Jake to be the DJ at our wedding. His energy, personality, and ability to keep everyone out on the floor all night is incredible. Looking for a band over a DJ? NO PROBLEM! in the summer we frequent the local restaurants when Jake’s band “The Trend” is playing. He is all around an incredibly talented musician and you will not be disappointed!!!

Sent on 03/10/2018

Meredith · Married on 11/10/2017

My husband and I were married on November 10, 2017 at the Oyster Point Hotel. We were in engaged this past July so we planned things very quickly and lining the vendors was an obvious priority, My brother had used Affair 2 Remember at his wedding 6 years ago so I had the comfort in know what a great service Jake provided. From the first phone call, Jake was a pleasure to work with. We used Affair to Remember for the DJ and photo booth and could not be happier with the service. Jake was very accommodating and offered a ton of guidance. His site was easy to use and navigate. I would recommend him to anyone getting married in the area!

Sent on 12/04/2017

Judi · Married on 09/17/2017

I
    Jake was recommended by McCloone's and we couldn't have been happier. Many of my guests commented about how accommodating hw was and how they loved the music. He was very easy to talk to and read the crowd correctly. I would definitely recommend him.

Sent on 12/22/2017

Alex · Married on 07/29/2017

DJ Chris gave us everything we knew and didn’t know we wanted before and during our wedding. I spoke to both Jake and Chris a number of times, so I felt taken care of. Chris was eager to get to know us and our music taste in order to prepare for the wedding. Day of, I didn’t worry one bit regarding music, which in retrospect was a relief. And the reception was so fun! Chris engaged our guests from the first second, and the energy continued throughout :) A lot of our wedding details had the makings of a wonderful day, and had we not had Chris I think we would have called it great, but not perfect.

Sent on 12/03/2017

Katie W. · Married on 03/11/2017

We loved him!!

He made a already stressful day extremely easy to work with. I am very happy in my decision of choosing him! You would not regret it. He made sure every guest had a memorable experience.

Sent on 11/19/2018

Hannah · Married on 08/06/2016

Best Night Ever!

I couldn’t recommend A2R and Jake more! We had the best night with him! It’s been a few weeks since the wedding and we are still having people text us to say what a fun night they had and how great the music was! Jake was so great at communicating with us before the wedding and making sure everything was absolutely perfect!

Sent on 01/29/2021

A2R Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much Hannah! I had so much fun at your wedding and I'm so pleased you enjoyed yourselves!

Dana · Married on 06/25/2016

I met Jake a few years back when he officiated and was the DJ of a friends wedding. I had never been to a ceremony that was not only just the perfect amount of romance but really funny. Immediately I knew that he was someone I needed to keep in mind for friends, family and maybe one day myself. Jake gets to know you and creates a perfect story that keeps your guests engaged. He did our ceremony yesterday, laughter and tears included, and he killed it. I'm not a typical bride and really thought most of the day would have my cringing with cheesiness everywhere I went and looked but boy did I hire the right vendors. Jake saw my vision and brought it to life. "The perfect ceremony, where did you find him?" was said to me about 20 times last night because most of the crowd hadn't seen a ceremony by Jake before. The rest of the crowd had, because I did always have Jake in mind when my cousin Kacie got married and then again when my cousin Michael got married. Jake is now a family tradition. So not only did Jake exceed my expectations for the ceremony but he was my DJ, the ONLY DJ I knew I could trust 100% to basically help me throw a party not a "wedding" and he did. His entire team did. We had his lighting guy, his mixer, his Zap photographer. The whole crew. And it was 10000% worth every penny (and it wasn't too expensive which is incredible). I was getting compliments all night about their awesome skills. They worked alongside my other vendors flawlessly and you would almost think it was one giant team (and to be honest I've been in weddings where some vendors clashed). Over the past year and a half of planning I've spent a lot of time talking to Jake about our vision and making our day perfect. I must say that he could not be more perfect for what he does for a living. He cares SO MUCH about you and your day its unbelievable. I can't thank Jake and his crew enough, they made our night unforgettable!

Sent on 06/27/2016

Amazing! Jake was great to work with through the whole process! He always answered emails quickly and had great tips and advice. We had went to a wedding where Jake was the DJ and that's why we booked him for ours and he did not disappoint. Everyone was dancing have a great time!

Sent on 07/18/2016

Heather · Married on 04/23/2016

all we can say is WHAT AN EPIC WEDDING that Jake and his company, Affair 2 Remember, delivered. I've know Jake for 10+ years from his acoustic nights at a restaurant i use to manage. Since then a friendship was built and when it came to friends getting married, his was my automatic recommendation. Those recommendations turned into more recommendations which finally lead to my wedding. From the get go, Jake made every phone conversation very easy which comes in handy because we all know how wedding planning can be stressful. You can hear enthusiasm and passion through the phone which got my wife and I even more excited for this special day to come. The sit down with Jake to go over how the night and festivities prior to the wedding turned out to be more like hanging out with a buddy than a vendor. From our first sentence, Jake knew exactly what we wanted. I think he might have been more excited for our wedding than we were. Affair 2 Remember provided everything that we wanted, from an acoustic cocktail hour, a photo booth that never had a minute to stop flashing to a crowded dance floor for the rest of the evening. Affair 2 Remember surpassed any expectations the we had for our special night. We personally thank Jake and his company, Affair 2 Remember, for making sure our wedding is a wedding that our guests will never forget....

Sent on 05/05/2016