Adventure Aquarium Reviews

47 | Camden, NJ

47 Reviews for Adventure Aquarium

• Anna

Anna Zwolak · Getting married on 04/10/2020

Our wedding was beautiful and everything ran perfectly. I couldn’t be happier with Terry and her team.

From the first time talking to Terry, I was impressed. She always responded fast and professionally. The food was not run of the mill and was so good. As for the bar, the wine was very good and I know they made the mixed drinks perfectly. They were not too weak or too strong.

Sent on 01/09/2020

Christina · Getting married on 04/04/2020

Incredivle

We had the most incredible time. Planning was simple, staff was very responsive, and the night was incredible!

Sent on 09/03/2019

Adventure Aquarium's reply:

Dear Christina,
    Thank you so much for the great review. Please share some of your photos when you get them.

Best of luck to you and Matt.

Terry
  • Brian

Brian Motter · Married on 08/25/2019

Dream Wedding

What an awesome experience. Everyone involved with the process was absolutely amazing. I recommend this venue that is looking for a unique event space. From the food to the staff you will not be disappointed at all. We received so many compliments oh how great everything was. Thank you so very much.

Sent on 08/30/2019
  • Jakob

Jakob Nines · Married on 08/17/2019

Great staff, great food and SHARKS!

We had an amazing time. After meeting with Terry she suggested that the ballroom was a better size for our smaller wedding which was absolutely the right choice. We were able to have the ceremony in front of one of the shark tanks and then they converted the whole ballroom for the reception. The food was great and the staff was very attentive. All in all we stayed a little more on the budget side but if you have the money the sky's the limit there. Very organized and willing to work with whatever theme you have.

Sent on 08/30/2019

Adventure Aquarium's reply:

Thank you for the lovey review...send us pictures when you get them. We never get a chance to take photos.

Terry

Caroline · Married on 07/27/2019

Delicious Food, Beautiful Environment

The food is very delicious. The currents ballroom is very beautiful. I didn't hire a florist and just bought my DIY decorations, and the staff helped me arrange them beautifully. But I hope they can improve the guests' parking experience. We were told that parking is free for wedding guests but they still charge us money, and we have to wait for 30 minutes for the staff to come out to solve this issue.

Sent on 08/21/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah Baillie · Married on 06/22/2019

Get married at the Adventure Aquarium!

Besides picking each other to get married to, picking the Adventure Aquarium as our venue was the best decision we made for our wedding! Peter was great to work with and always answered our emails quickly. We were pleasantly surprised at all of the menu options we had and they were all delicious. Darlene, the bridal attendant, and Rose, the catering manager, were both lovely to work with the day of and took great care of us. The Ocean Realm Theater was a stunning backdrop to our ceremony, and the South Seas was a unique space for our cocktail hour and reception. We lucked out and had good weather, so our guests were able to enjoy the views of the Philly skyline from the balconies. Shout-out to Liberty the penguin, who delighted our guests during cocktail hour too!

Sent on 06/27/2019
  • Steve

Steve Bird · Married on 06/19/2019

Awesome venue professionally done

My daughter just had her wedding there. I was so impressed with how professional everyone was. It made my life so much easier. They pay attention to detail including an amazing attendant who was there the whole time. If a lot of out of area guests I would strongly encourage getting a bus. Luanne Bohen from Tulip Hill weddings helped tremendously in navigating the whole process. The food was amazing

Sent on 06/19/2019
  • Monica

Monica · Married on 06/15/2019

Exceptional

I just got married at the Adventure Aquarium and let me tell you... they were able to pull off the absolute best day of my life. Not only that, but my main contact, Peter Patane, made everything so seamless. He was patient, kind, attentive, and flexible to say the least. The food was incredible, the experience was unforgettable, and the coordination was spot on. Do your self a favor, and get married here!!!

Sent on 06/20/2019
  • BROOKE

BROOKE · Married on 06/14/2019

Beautiful Wedding Venue

We had the best time at our aquarium wedding!! Thanks to the wonderful staff, we were able to actually enjoy our day, including our fun, signature drink, our wonderful buffet dinner, and the cake! Everything was perfect!

Sent on 07/10/2019
  • Gabe

Gabe D · Married on 05/18/2019

Everything was Perfect

We had an INCREDIBLE time at our wedding on Saturday. Everything was so beautiful! The staff was excellent, the food was delicious, the penguin was a hit, and the view of the sharks all night long made for a perfect wedding day! So many of our guests commented on how much fun they had and how amazing the whole event turned out. Little details, personal touches, general layout, and overall setup made it all come together so beautifully.

Jimmy was really great. In between outside photos and shark tunnel photos, he loaded us up with hors d'oeuvres so we wouldn’t miss out on trying the tasty bites we picked! It was very nice to have that little break to ourselves and have a good snack. At the end of the night, he came over to check up on us and offered assistance for whatever we needed. It was all very professional and organized, but still had a personal touch that made us feel very welcome for the entire day.

Our attendant, Darlene, was a ROCKSTAR! She was really top notch. Whatever we needed…Darlene was there! It was so awesome to have someone help us throughout the night so that we didn’t have to worry about ANYTHING. We could tell that she really cared about making sure our day was incredibly special and that we just needed to enjoy ourselves. We know she did A LOT of big things to make it go smoothly, but we are especially grateful for all of the little things she did to add something extra! She even (cery professionally!) stood up to someone when he was becoming too demanding of our time. She just wanted us to be able to relax and have fun with our guests! Adventure Aquarium’s future sweetheart table residents will be in for a real treat if they get her!

Terry Hall, the coordinator, was absolutely amazing and we could not have asked for anyone better. It was so much fun to work with her throughout the entire process. Every question we had was answered. Every concern we had was eased. Adventure Aquarium is very lucky to have her working on their big events. She really knows how to make people feel like they belong and that they are in the right place to celebrate their special moments!

The Currents Ballroom at Adventure Aquarium was truly the greatest choice we could have made in deciding our wedding venue!

Sent on 05/22/2019
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 10/20/2018

A hidden gem, and a magical night

With the backdrop of the skyline at night, and the spectacular ballroom, this venue is a true gem in disguise. With the right decor, it is a unique venue, and the pictures and experience is one no one will forget. Heard from several guests it was the best wedding they have been to, and the venue was for sure a major factor.

Sent on 11/07/2018

Matt · Married on 08/25/2018

We got married here and they couldn't have been more helpful. After our first 2 salespeople left, we worked with Peter, and he was super helpful, got us special orders on things like beer, special meals, and even helped out with teardown afterwards. The venue itself is unique and was a huge hit with the guests, and the food was great too!

Sent on 09/11/2018

Meredith · Married on 06/02/2018

We had our wedding and reception in Currents Ballroom and had an absolutely outstanding experience throughout the process. The value is incredible for everything we got, and so much was included with our wedding package that it made planning super easy (our package included catering, full bar, linens, centerpieces, and a DJ). The events team did a fantastic job decorating the space, and the food was delicious. Terry the events manager was extremely responsive and easy to work with, and extremely flexible and full of helpful suggestions, even offering to customize some menu items for us. Donna the catering manager was like having our own day-of coordinator (we did not hire a day of coordinator, but Donna was on site for everything and kept things running super smoothly, even helping to corral family members for the rehearsal). Our bridal attendant Darlene was also awesome, she made sure we were well-fed and always had a full glass, and generally ensured that we got to enjoy the food and drinks we paid for while still mingling with all our guests. The entire team functioned like a well-oiled machine and exceeded our expectations at every turn. I really don't think you can find a better value or a more unique venue.

Sent on 09/09/2018

kelly · Married on 09/15/2017

This place is awesome!! From the parking lot to the floor there was always an attendant helping me and my husband with anything we needed; making sure we had food to eat with a drink in hand at all times!! The food was delicious and plentiful. All the guests are still talking about how full and satisfied they were. Plus they got to enjoy the Ocean Relm while partying!
    The catering rep, Stacey Soper, was always available to answer any questions. Usually most reps disappear and pass you off to staff after the check has been cut, but she even waited until we arrived to give us her blessings and put us in the good hands of her assistant, Donna.
    I could go on and on about how wonderful this place is, but I will end this by saying if you want to have an unforgettable and enchanted reception that looks like it cost a million bucks, the Adventure Aquarium is the place to choose! (Married 9/15/2017)

Sent on 09/23/2017

Tom · Married on 09/10/2016

Honestly, I can't say enough good things about Stacy Soper and the rest of the staff at Adventure Aquarium. Stacy was fantastic and super accommodating all the way through our planning process. She seemed to always know the right things to push us and the things to let us decide for ourselves. I don't think our day would have been as amazing as it was without her guidance. As for the day of the event, the venue is absolutely unique and Manny was "Johnny on the spot" with literally everything we needed. Our family and friends have not stopped talking about how much fun they had. We even made it into many of their Christmas cards, as they updated their family/friends on the year they had... and how much fun they had at our wedding! Great value for everything you get, and your guests will not stop talking about it for months on end!

Sent on 12/28/2016

Samantha · Married on 10/10/2015

Everything was perfect. The food was great. The pricing was great. No need for decorations because you have the skyline outside and the shark tanks inside. Everyone had a blast and a few people even spoke about getting remarried there!

Sent on 10/26/2015

AMAZINNGG AND BEAUTIFUL !!! The service was amazing. I want to tell you one surprise, but I don't want to give it away! Please visit and book with Stacy!

Sent on 12/08/2014

Food was amazing decor was amazing service was amazing but most of all the SHARK TANK was amazing. The groom and I got to go around the aquarium after hours and take pictures!

Sent on 12/08/2014

When we first got engaged, we didn't even have to look twice to have it here. The value was great considering it is a vendor AND an aquarium. We wanted something more for our guests besides a dull ballroom; we wanted them to have something to do besides looking at a dance floor all night. Not only do you get to see fish during the cocktail hour and dinner, but you have so many places to explore; guests can see the Philadelphia skyline and have access to the top portion of the aquarium! The food was also amazing and I am not saying that because I am biased; you also do not even have to pay for a tasting, which is required at some places! The vendor coordinator also works really well for what you need as well. The whole experience here was positive in all areas and our guests left SO happy! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!

Sent on 04/23/2013

jennifer · Married on 11/17/2012

My groom and I set out to have a fun, unique wedding. We think we nailed that by choosing Adventure Aquarium in Camden, NJ. The staff was absolutely amazing from the first meeting to the very end of the night. They were prompt to answer questions as they came up. They helped make our special day more special by taking all the stress off of us. I would highly recommend the Adventure Aquarium and the staff for any event.

Sent on 11/25/2012

Selena · Married on 10/20/2012

I had my wedding at the adventure aquarium in the Currents Ballroom last weekend. Everything was fantastic and everyone was talking about how unique and cool of a venue we had. The food was delicious and Stacey who coordinated everything with us did an amazing job. We received so many compliments on the food and venue. It was everything that I hoped and the staff made the day so easy. I did not have to worry about a single thing. At the end of the night, they packed everything up and put it in my in laws car without us having to direct them or worry about anything being left behind. Everything that I wanted was never a problem or questioned. I could not have asked for a better venue or staff for my wedding.

Sent on 10/29/2012

Heather · Married on 09/21/2012

AMAZING! I am do glad that we chose to have our wedding at the Aquarium! Stacy and the rest of the staff made my day run so smooth! I didn't have to worry about a thing! This venue is so unique and I can not thank all of you enough for all of the hard work you put in to make my day run smooth! If anyone wants to have a stress free, fun, amazing wedding, the Adventure Aquarium is the place to do it! THANK YOU SO MUCH! WE HAD AN AMAZING WEDDING!!!

Sent on 10/01/2012

Brandee · Married on 08/18/2012

Currents Ballroom was exactly what my husband and I were looking for. It is not your typical white, marble, and gold reception hall. Stacy made everything that I wanted for my wedding possible! They were extremely receptive and even made it possible for my Great Dane to be part of my wedding ceremony. All of my guest LOVED the location! I would recommend Currents Ballroom to anybody who wants a unique, fun wedding that your guest will be talking about for a long time!

Sent on 09/04/2012

Thank you Stacy Steffen, event coordinator, for making our wedding exactly the way we wanted it. Every little thing or change I wanted, Stacy took care of it. The food was delicious, especially the salmon and the service was exceptional. Ada and Matt, our banquet managers, worked all night to make sure everything went as we planned. They made sure bride and groom were taken care of all night. I received many compliments on the venue, food and service. There is only one thing I would recommend for future events, and that is not to place a food station during cocktail hour underneath the ramp. One of our guests layed his glass on the ledgel and it fell down into the hor' d vours table so they had to be taken away.

Sent on 06/25/2012

meghan · Married on 05/19/2012

Stacy and the Adventure Aquarium were amazing to work with. Our venue was flawless and every detail carefully taken care of. I can't thank them enough. All of our guests were thrilled with our ceremony and reception. i can't thank them enough for all of there hard work. Oh and the food is awesome!!!! Thanks again Adventure Aquarium and Thank you Stacy for making sure everything was perfect!!!!

Sent on 05/21/2012