AddyRose Design Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner

Hannah B. Married on 10/10/2021

Best money we spent! Made our wedding possible

It is difficult to explain just how vital Roshel and AddyRose Design were for our wedding. Hiring Roshel was the best decision we made and the best money we spent. We cannot imagine our wedding without her.
    We first found AddyRose Design because we had decided to get married at the Ahwahnee in Yosemite but were having difficulty getting help and information from the hotel. So we looked online for some help. After speaking with Roshel on the phone, we knew we had to hire her, both to help navigate planning a wedding in Yosemite and to run the show on the day of. And that’s exactly what we got - help with local vendors, information about the hotel and how it handles weddings, and advice from someone who is clearly THE person to hire for a Yosemite wedding.
    Unfortunately, the Ahwahnee canceled our wedding due to COVID-19 restrictions. Roshel was actually the first person to tell us about this. We spoke with her and then called the hotel to confirm. Finding this out when we did, because of Roshel, was invaluable and enabled us switch to a different venue while only moving our wedding date back a single day.
    Roshel then showed that her wedding planner chops aren’t limited to Yosemite. She’s just a great wedding planner, period. She helped us tremendously in planning our wedding at the Lodge at Torrey Pines, despite never having been there. She was especially helpful with advice about florals and helped us figure out a way to get a classy, minimalist look at a very low cost. She was also meticulous with scheduling and creating a timeline for the day-of. And she just helped us keep our sanity during the stress of planning a big event.
    The wedding day itself was when Roshel really shined. She ran the whole show with ease. She decorated the dinner tables and our wedding cake with olive branches. She was in touch with all of our vendors and we didn’t have to do a thing. Our photographer and videographer even commented to us about how rare is it to have a wedding planner who is both so competent and on top of things and yet so calm. She was absolutely terrific.
    One moment in particular was exemplary. Our florist did a bad job and delivered wilted, yellow roses for the bridal bouquet. Instead of using that, Roshel grabbed the grocery-store white roses that we had placed around the bridal suite and created a beautiful new bouquet. She calmly solved a situation that would have been disastrous for many brides.
    And in a nutshell, that’s what Roshel constantly did for us. She calmly answered our questions and gave us advice about things that, when you’re planning a wedding, seem like matters of life and death.
    With her help, we had a beautiful wedding that was everything we could have hoped for. Roshel is incredibly skilled and professional and we give her the highest and best possible recommendation. Our wedding would not have been possible without her.
    Get in touch with her now - you’ll be glad you did!!!
  • Kathleen
    Kathleen J. Married on 09/01/2020

Flawless!!

Booking AddyRose Design was the best decision! Roshel and her team helped us put together an intimate wedding in Yosemite in just two months time. Roshel is always calm and reassuring, we were planning our wedding quickly and out of state. She always put my mind at ease and the day came together better than I had imagined. Her connections and knowledge are imperative and priceless. From start to finish, Roshel and her team were there for us and I am so thankful for booking them!!
    Lanette Married on 09/27/2019

Highly recommend Roshel

Roshel was amazing. She was very easy going and easy to work with. She had good recommendations for vendors. My wedding bouquet, which was done by Roshel was beautiful. The day before the wedding I realized my flower girl forgot her dress, Roshel went to the nearest target and got her and outfit. I was so grateful.
    Thank you Roshel!
  • Hayley
    Hayley J. Married on 09/12/2018

Fantastic, stress free experience

AddyRose Design ensured that we had the most perfect day. Everything was arranged remotely as we travelled from the UK to get married in Yosemite National Park but every detail was absolutely perfect. All vendors were amazing and the flowers were just beautiful. Considering we did everything via email and photos - we couldn't have ended up with a more perfect experience. Thank you so much for everything that you did for us to make sure we had the most magical day!
    Beth Married on 07/11/2018
    AddyRose Design was a pleasure to work with long distance, it was nerve wracking not to be able to meet in person, but Roshel and her staff and recommended vendors exceeded our expectations!
    Amanda Married on 04/26/2018
    My daughter's wedding required providing a photographer, makeup/hair stylist, facilitating obtaining a permit for an outdoor wedding inside Yosemite Park. All went smoothly with no hiccups. We independently hired a bus for transportation to/from the wedding venue and there was a significant delay in the time of the bus arrival which threw off the timeline for our dinner at The Magestic Hotel following the wedding. Although Ashley had not been involved with hiring the bus, she kept contact remotely (through phone calls and texts with the photographer and me) about the delay and took the initiative to intervene and modify the dinner reservation so all would end well. We feel this demonstrated her concern for the overall success and not just the aspects she was directly responsible for. She was highly responsive to phone calls and texts throughout the process. We would highly recommend her services.
    Carla Married on 10/04/2017
    Roshell absolutely nailed the floral design for my daughter's wedding! She took our comments, favorite images and ideas and came up with the most magical designs I have ever seen! It was stunning! Her system makes it easier to trade feedback between different people (aka bride and MOB!) and go back and forth with design suggestions and photos. I just cannot overstate how pleased we were! Everything was beautiful!
    Shelley Married on 05/21/2017
    Words cannot express how pleased we were with the services of AddyRose Design! We used Roshel for our daughter's day-of wedding planning/coordinating as well as for all the flowers and decorations for the wedding, reception and rehearsal dinner. She was hands-down the BEST! Of all the many things vying for your attention/resources, she will be worth every penny spent! She was there for us each step of the way - way before the day of the event, she was working with us to coordinate the table décor, answering the endless questions we had relating to the venue and schedule, and helping us with ordering the proper amount of supplies. As mother of the bride, my daughter's wedding day was pure joy because Roshel was doing all the work! She took care of every detail and at the end of the evening, everything was delivered back to our room without our having to gather up the gifts, signs, bouquets and other personal belongings. She will make sure your day is perfect from beginning to end and that you enjoy every minute!! Our daughter's wedding day was a fairy tale come true and we credit Roshel's amazing planning, attention to detail and gorgeous floral displays with that!!
    Jeff Married on 09/12/2015
    Roshel is the best. She was very easy to work with, made great recommendations for other vendors for us to use, and had the ceremony and reception go off without a hitch.

We planned our wedding in Yosemite from where we lived New York City and she made the whole experience smooth and painless. We felt incredibly lucky to find her and have her guide us in planning our wedding from across the country.
    Lisa Married on 09/05/2015
    Roshel and her team were absolutely wonderful. Roshel was already committed to planning a full wedding for the day after my wedding, but that did not deter her from making my wedding perfect. Although Roshel could not be there for the full time during my wedding, her team saw it through to the very end.

From the first day signing the contract to the end of the event I was well taken care of. I live several hours away from my venue and could only make limited trips for planning. We communicated seamlessly through her online planning platform and by phone and text message. Everything was perfect down to the smallest detail. Between the planners and the venue I did not have to set up or handle a single thing myself the morning of the wedding. I was able to relax and enjoy my day.

Planning an event for 150+ guests is no easy task but Roshel took much of the burden.
    Annemarie Married on 06/15/2015
    If you are thinking of planning your wedding in or around the Yosemite area, Roshel with AddyRose Design is a must! Not only does Roshel do a great job but she's great to work with as well. There were a few times I found myself a tad overwhelmed, then I would call Roshel and all that stress was gone!! Without her, I think I would have lost my mind trying to plan a destination wedding in Yosemite. Roshel did a great job with everything she did for my wedding/rehearsal. Roshel also decorated for the rehearsal dinner as well as the ceremony/reception. I just loved everything about it!! It was perfect!! My bouquet of flowers, also done by AddyRose, were just absolutely gorgeous!!! She paid close attention to detail with everything I had been saying over the course of the year. It was truly a beautiful day!! And I owe a big big thanks to AddyRose Design for making it all possible!!
    We are both more than happy having found Roshel at AddyRose Design. Thanks to Roshel, we were also fortunate to work with other great vendors who were not only affordable but produced quality product which is highly important to me.
    Thanks to all of you for making my visions become a reality!!
    Christina Married on 07/18/2014
    Roshel was great to work with and so was Patrick (the photographer). Roshel always responded within 24 hours, and Patrick was able to give us a sneak peak of our photos, the next day! So excited to see the rest!Both were extremely patient and easy to work with. And they do not overbook, so each client feels special. Patrick is the most positive person I have ever met. Yosemite is such an awesome place to get married, and we had a small 10 person ceremony, then an amazing dinner at the Ahwahnee Hotel. It was great! The only thing I would recommend for other's getting married: Tell your family members ahead of time to put the camera phones AWAY (esp for the ceremony)! Patrick gets all the shots you will need and it just waists time when you have people in your group trying to smile for both the photographer and the camera phones. :)

Thanks so much to Roshel and Patrick for making everything super easy for us!!

The Taylors
  • User1697454 2+ years ago
    Roshel was a pleasure to work with! From the very first conversation we knew she was the planner for us! Carol did gorgeous hair and make-up. Autrey was great, the ceremony was absolutely seamless. Patrick is a natural - true professional and we felt like we got a bonus private tour around the park in addition to an amazing photo session! Thank you all for a wonderful wedding!
    Jacki Married on 05/02/2014
    My wedding was BETTER than a dream come true and Roshel had a HUGE hand in making that happen! Being that I live in Texas and my wedding was in California, I heavily relied on Roshel to give me the ins and outs of a Yosemite wedding. She was on the phone with me for hours helping me out and answering all my questions. She also understood that I was on a budget and gave me tips/options to possibly be able to cut corners if I wanted to. I really liked all the vendors she uses in her small wedding package as well as the vendors she recommended for additional touches! They all were phenomenal! I love how her and the Photographer, Patrick make the first sight session as intimate and beautiful as possible so as to make lasting memories and beautiful pictures! The flowers she provides are absolutely beautiful and were exactly what I asked for! I HIGHLY recommend Roshel (AddyRose Design)! She PERFECTLY translated my vision and I will forever be grateful for all her hard work, guidance, skill, assistance, understanding, creative eye and patience. Thank you so much, Roshel!
    Kristen Married on 04/18/2014
    We are so happy with the way everything turned out on our day!! From my hair and flowers to the location and photography, everything was absolutely beautiful! Her vendors are very nice and did a fantastic job and having Patrick Pike as our photographer was a dream come true! I would definitely recommend AddyRose design to any bride wanting to get married in Yosemite!
    Tina Married on 03/25/2014
    My husband and I are so happy that we chose Addy Rose Design to plan our elopement. Our special day was flawless and stress-free. The team that Roshel Ryan put together was top class. Our wedding photos by Patrick Pike were AMAZING and I couldn't be happier with the end result.
    Jill Married on 01/04/2014
    As an event planner for A Savvy Event putting together a team of vendors that are thoughtful, experienced and keep your clients needs as their #1 focus is crucial to the success of the event. Roshel Ryan at AddyRose was just that. She took the time to ask questions, research and create floral designs that were in line with our budget and design concept. From the time I started communicating with Roshel to the time she arrived on property and then departed, she was friendly, willing to roll with the changes that come up on event day as well as easy to work with. Roshel was a pleasure to work with and helped make my clients wedding day a wonderful memory for them to cherish.
    Lauren Married on 01/03/2014
    Roshel with AddyRose design made incredibly planning easy. I live in Texas and wanted an intimate wedding in Yosemite National Park. Her elopement package was a perfect match for me. Her recommendation for the officiant was spot on as well as hair & make-up. Her work with photographer Patrick Pike was a huge selling point for me as well and I wasn't disappointed. Roshel did my flowers and ultimately helped me to create an amazingly gorgeous and serene day. I highly recconendation AddyRose.
    Heather Married on 10/10/2013
    Roshel at AddyRose was wonderful to work with while planning this long distance wedding. She was prompt in her responses, answered all questions, and provided valuable insight and recommendations. She was especially helpful during all of the problems that arose w/ the government shutdown and all of the necessary alterations and rescheduling that had to take place. AddyRose was a pleasure to work with and I'd recommend their services to anyone looking to get married or plan an event in that area.
  • User1399739 2+ years ago
    Roshel was always extremely helpful and everything ran smoothly. It all seemed to work out as planned and the planning was excellent.
    Lisa Married on 09/21/2013
    I loved working with AddyRose Design!
  • User1376969 2+ years ago
    Roshel was wonderful. I was stunned at how beautiful all the decor and flowers were on the day of my wedding.
    Myra Married on 08/04/2013
    Roshel was a pleasure to work with. She is very detailed and organized, the software she uses to communicate ideas and progress of the event is very easy to use. Everything i envisioned for my wedding day was executed perfectly. The vendors she recommends are all exceptional. My wedding day was perfect thanks to Roshel from AddyRose Design.
    Ruth Married on 09/08/2012
    Roshel at AddyRose was amazing! She was able to turn our idea of a dream wedding into a reality. Even when presented with some unforeseen obstacles, Roshel always managed to come up with wonderful solutions. Professional, friendly and creative, the quality of her service was top notch and we're so glad that we had the opportunity to work with her! Hire her now!
    Patti Married on 11/05/2011
    Our wedding and reception exceded our expectations, we could not be happier with everything Roshel did for us.