Acie Smothers MUA Reviews

120 | Dallas, TX

120 Reviews for Acie Smothers MUA

Chelsea G. · Getting married on 01/01/2024

Book Acie! You won't be disappointed.

OK!!!!! Let me start off by saying I have never felt prettier in my life. Acie is my favorite! I had the pleasure of booking her for my birthday celebration. She educated me on the products she was using as well as some little beauty tips along the way ;) She's positive, so easy and fun to work with and makes the process so effortless. I would book her again in a heartbeat. Book her if you want to feel like a Glam Goddess for the night. It's definitely worth it!

Sent on 03/05/2019

Dakota · Getting married on 10/23/2021

Holiday Party Glam

Gabrielle did my make up and hair for my company holiday party this past Friday and all I can say is WOW! She is such an amazing artist who will customize your make up to fit your look/style perfectly. I felt absolutely stunning throughout the entire night and received so many compliments on my make up and hair. On top of that - she is one of the sweetest, most personable girl I have ever met! She made the entire session so much fun. Thank you for making me look flawless Gabs! Can't wait to book you again for my next event :)

Sent on 12/10/2018
  • Hannah

Hannah · Getting married on 09/04/2021

Rayner Wedding

Acie was such a significant part in my day. From the day I met her at my trial run to my wedding and after, she was a true delight to work with. Acie has a eye for makeup. She made me feel like a true queen and I still look back at my pictures and feel like a star. Not to mention, last minute, she fit in a couple full face makeups the day of! All of the people she did makeup on for my wedding felt beautiful. Acie is also so great with young women! My little sisters looked absolutely stunning but age appropriate! Please please book with Acie, you will never regret it and you will have so much fun with her. Thank you Acie!!!

Sent on 12/30/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda F. · Getting married on 05/15/2021

Incredible Artist!

Acie did my makeup for an outdoor engagement photo shoot in July. Not only did my makeup not budge with the heat and sweat, but it was absolutely stunning! She's a true artist and so sweet! She made me look and feel absolutely stunning!! Everything I had hoped for and more!

Susan M. · Married on 12/05/2020

Acie was the Best Decision and Experience Ever!!!

I thank Acie for feeling as confident as I was on my wedding and during my engagement photos- which as a result came out incredible. I’m the type of person that researches a million vendors and will tell you the way they like something done- but I literally never had to say one thing to Acie, it was not only perfect start to finish, but I was blown away! For reference, I have blonde hair and she made me look and feel like Jlo which I think is the kinda magic you want. People kept fawning over me saying how beautiful I looked and nothing felt fake or overdone- my now husband cried 5 times looking at me he thought he hit the jackpot (and he’s not a crier).

Sent on 12/20/2020
  • Emily

Emily W. · Married on 11/28/2020

Amazing!!!

Acie did my makeup for our engagement party the past weekend & I have never loved my makeup more! The party was partly outside due to Covid-19 but even in the heat my makeup stayed on & looked flawless all night! Highly recommend booking her!

• Brooke

Brooke S. · Married on 10/24/2020

Run don't walk!! She is the best!!

Acie is not only talented at what she does, but she is an amazing professional in every other sense. I have experienced some hiccups in my wedding process, that required some extra attention from her, and she was absolutely wonderful!! If you are looking for the best glam from someone who will also make sure you are taken care of as a client, look no further!!

Sent on 03/16/2020
  • Mandy

Mandy W. · Married on 10/24/2020

You will not be disappointed!!!

Acie defines good vibes, class act, ARTIST, respectful, hardworking and FUN! Not only does she do the best makeup I have ever had before, she radiates positivity, love and enthusiasm and that’s all any bride wants on her wedding day!!! You will not be disappointed if you book Acie. She’s absolutely incredible and made my bridal makeup dreams come true on my wedding day!! I highly highly recommend Acie!! Couldn’t have asked for a better makeup artist!!

Sent on 11/05/2020

Sadie S. · Married on 09/19/2020

Absolutely amazing!

Acie was not only sweet and so easy to work with, but her work is AMAZING. My daughter even said “Omg mama how did you get your makeup to look fake like that” it looked THAT good. My makeup survived a little rain and LOTS of sweat during our pictures and looked the exact same when we were done hours later. I highly recommend Acie!!

• Lauren

Lauren E. · Married on 08/29/2020

Makeup Queeeeen!!!!

Acie SLAYED my bridal party and my bridal makeup. I have never had my makeup done that well before, and my girls and I were OBSESSED with her and her bubbly personality. My husband is the kinda guy that wouldn’t notice if I colored my hair pink lol and even he was like “your makeup looks awesome!”. Do yourself a favor and book Acie for all formal events/weddings! I promise you won’t be disappointed.

Sent on 09/07/2020
  • Ashley

Mario · Married on 08/28/2020

Made me feel the most beautiful on my wedding day!!!

Booking Acie to do my makeup on my wedding day was the BEST decision!!! She truly made me feel so beyond beautiful, and the makeup stayed the entire day/evening. Acie 1000% knows makeup - every in and out of it. She knows how to make it stay and what is best for every skin type. For our wedding day, Acie and her assistant Kerri both set up in the bridal suite and got to business! They were so professional but also made the day so fun and exciting for all of us. They did me, my 8 bridesmaids, my mom, my MIL, and my flower girl all in less than 6 hours... definitely worked hard. Everyone looked so so beautiful. Acie & Kerri were also incredibly patient with those of us who do not normally wear fake lashes and getting them on us with ease. Bottom line, book Acie and I promise you will not regret it. :)

Sent on 09/19/2020

Kalie E. · Married on 07/12/2020

Amazing, quality, kind

Acie and her assistant were amazing! Everyone felt and looked so beautiful and received compliments all night. They were so easy to work with and fun to get ready with! I couldn’t recommend them more!

• Alexis

Alexis · Married on 05/31/2020

Make up & Hair

Acie is AMAZING! She made me feel and look like a princess on my wedding day! All of us looked flawless and I would pick her a million times over. Acie is so much fun and made my wedding day perfect. She is the best!! I can’t wait to use her for future events!

Sent on 08/19/2019

Chayce D. · Married on 05/22/2020

Beautiful soul, and beautiful work!

Acie’s attention to detail was second to none. She made me feel so comfortable and confident before we even started on my face! Everyone complimented my look and I felt like a total Queen! Highly recommend her for any event!!!

• O

Olivia M. · Married on 05/01/2020

Absolutely amazing!!

Acie is absolutely amazing! My makeup was stunning! I didn’t feel like I had a bunch of makeup on. It felt so natural and looked great! She didn’t make me look like a different person but highlighted my features. She is so professional and friendly! I had to reschedule my wedding due to covid and then ended up having a small ten person wedding and Acie was so understanding and did everything she could to make sure I wasn’t stressed at all. She did my sisters makeup too and they looked amazing! I cannot rave enough about how great she is! You can’t go wrong at all! I will forever have Acie do my makeup!

Also, I was in a friends wedding and she used Acie and I loved Acie’s whole team. My hair is thick and usually doesn’t stay when hairdressers do up-dos or any. But when Acie team did my hair it lasted all night and I loved it!

Kayla W. · Married on 12/28/2019

AMAZING! The best part of getting ready for my wedding!

Acie is so extremely talented! She nailed every look I wanted for myself and my bridesmaids. She knows exactly what looks best on certain people and their skin types. They were so fast and made everyone feel and look so beautiful! Her hair and make up team is made up of the most genuine and talented crew! I loved every bit of having them work on us for my wedding!! I would HIGHLY recommend her for any occasion!!

Sent on 01/29/2020

Amy L. · Married on 11/23/2019

Never felt so great!!

Acie was ahhmazing!!! Couldn’t have asked for a better make up artist. Not only did she make me feel beautiful but she made me feel like a friend. My bridesmaids loved her just as much as I did. We are still talking about her!! Thank Acie for making us feels so beautiful.

Sent on 11/26/2019
  • Mary

Mary · Married on 11/16/2019

Don’t walk... RUN to book Acie!

i literally cannot day enough amazing things about Acie and her work. She made me feel so beautiful on my wedding day before make up was even applied. She is professional and attentive. I have used Acie for friends weddings, my engagements and my wedding. I plan on using Acie when I decide to do maternity (someday). LOVE YOU ACIE! Thank you so much!!

Sent on 07/10/2018

Melinda · Married on 11/02/2019

G&A Artistry

G&A Artistry is THE best in Dallas. I love getting my makeup done by Acie, not only because she does amazing work, but she always makes the experience fun and you feel like you’ve known her forever! I love having excuses to get my makeup done now and it’s just a bonus to get to hang with Acie too! On our save the dates, numerous people have commented on how great my makeup looks and our photo is not even close up - thanks to Acie for making my skin look flawless! I also have had the pleasure of using Maegan and Cheyenne for my bridal trial, who will be doing my wedding makeup and hair. They were both the sweetest and did a great job listening to and executing the look I wanted. You cannot go wrong with anyone on their team!

Sent on 05/23/2019
  • Brittany

Brittany W. · Married on 10/19/2019

Gorgeous Work AND a Gem to Work With

Acie & her team were INCREDIBLE! Acie is organized, quick to respond to messages and so pleasant to work with. She brought along some awesome assistants (including Cheynne who did an absolutely stunning job on my hair) and they were early and ready to get started even before we were. Acie and her team were all so so lovely to be around on the wedding day too - which is not something I originally thought about when choosing HMUA, but WOW did their vibe make a difference. Finally, their work is amazing. Acie's social media portfolio speaks for itself, but in addition to that my makeup photographed SO well and both myself & my bridal party received so many compliments on our hair & makeup. She gave me a makeup look that was so "me" and very glowly/natural, but still "heavy" enough for pictures. I would highly recommend Acie & her team and really hope I have another opportunity to have her glam me up in the future :) LOVE these girls! xoxo

Sent on 11/10/2019

Kristen S. · Married on 10/12/2019

Acie is Amazing!!

I am forever thankful I chose Acie to do my Wedding makeup for myself, bridesmaids and family! She is kind, fun and extremely talented. We all felt like our best selves and looked glamorous. Acie is a true talent and made my wedding day better from the start. We cannot wait to get our pictures on the wall! XO

Sent on 10/30/2019

Lauren · Married on 10/11/2019

I love makeup and love getting dolled up but I was feeling stuck in a rut and felt like I was doing the same two looks all the time. I did a makeup lesson with Acie to learn an updated full glam look and she made me look and feel gorgeous! I’m so impressed by her! She taught me so many amazing tricks like how to make my skin glowy and my eyes pop! I’ve already done the glam look on my own since our lesson and was able to replicate what she taught me! I am so happy I went to Acie! She’s the BEST!! I will definitely be back for more looks!

Sent on 08/24/2018
  • W

Whitney · Married on 10/11/2019

Acie is the BEST!

Acie is so incredibly talented! She did my makeup for a friends wedding and did such an amazing job! She truly listens to what you want and does a fantastic job at making you feel beautiful. My make-up looked great in pictures and lasted the entire night. Beyond the glam, Acie is very professional and the absolute sweetest! I highly recommend Acie for all occasions, hands down the best one out there!

Sent on 10/23/2019

Kristi M. · Married on 09/28/2019

Makeup Artist

My experience with Acie was phenomenal! Right from the start her bubbly character and friendliness made my Wedding preparation so much fun! Her work was amazing and because of this I felt so beautiful in my Wedding dress. I got so many compliments after the ceremony! I recommend Acie highly for all makeup needs!

Sent on 10/03/2019

Sarah · Married on 09/14/2019

Blown Away!

Acie is an absolutely incredible makeup artist! She is so talented, professional, flexible, and fit right in with my bridal party! I have never felt more glamorous and radiant than I did on my wedding day and my bridesmaids felt the same! I will 100% book her again for my future makeup needs!

Sent on 09/30/2019