Ace Entertainment Reviews

17 | Lincoln, NE

17 Reviews for Ace Entertainment

Mallory B. · Married on 11/16/2019

Look no further! This DJ is the best!

I wish I could give Mike Evans more stars for how amazing he was! The dance floor was packed all night and he was great about keeping things running smoothly!! I could not recommend Ace Entertainment enough!!!!!!!

Sent on 11/21/2019

Ace Entertainment's reply:

I had a great time at your reception and loved the costumes from the 20’s that people were wearing it was an amazing night!!!

Mike was EXCELLENT! He did a great job at dismissing the guests when they went to get food, and kept everything flowing at the wedding. Very entertaining!

Sent on 11/03/2014

Jessica · Married on 08/25/2017

Mike was the guy that knew his stuff. As an event planner myself, it was refreshing to see how I could relax and know that Mike had the ropes, so that for once I could let go and enjoy my own event. He was mindful of what the minister and photographer would appreciate before even meeting them. He really is quite the wedding planner/DJ combo! We couldn't have picked someone better for our very big day with over 300 people attending. I would recommend Mike with the highest praise.

Britney · Married on 07/22/2017

Mike Evans did a great job! He kept the energy level up for our reception and people on the dance floor. Mike had great ideas for how the order of events went, which made the flow of the night seem like it went extremely well. Many of his suggestions had been things we had never thought about, or seen at other receptions, but when he explained why, it made total sense! His love for the job definitely shows through. Another perk to working with Mike, he is EXTREMELY reasonably priced!! Mike also was willing to work with the ideas we had and go with them. When we remembered we needed a speaker and microphone for our outdoor wedding, he came through and provided that for us. Many of our guests also told us that it was one of the best outdoor ceremony sound systems they had heard of! He was great to work with and I highly recommend him!

Sent on 07/27/2017

Brittany · Married on 05/18/2017

Everything went so smooth I couldn't think of anything that needed improvement. My wedding went off without a hitch. It was fantastic and I know that a large part of that had to do with Mike. He kept people dancing,entertained, and went around to each table to get people on the floor for the all important bouquet and Garter toss. It turned out hilarious and was a great time for everyone. Also when it came time to dance the music selections were placed perfectly, not too many slow or fast song in a row, and the lighting was magnificent. My husband was completely blown away by how great the lighting was.

Amber · Married on 05/06/2017

Mike was an excellent DJ! He was very confident in his work. I received many compliments on my choice of DJ and a few of my guests picked up his card for future events!

Sent on 06/06/2017

Cassi · Married on 04/15/2017

Is DO IT advice? Mike was responsive and helpful from the very beginning, getting back to me within a few minutes of sending my first email! His overview of what he offered and the experience we had aligned perfectly for us and our guests! His templates and website were easy to use and really helped us prepare for our big day from start to finish. I would, without a doubt, use Mike and Ace Entertainment to DJ any event I had in the future and will recommend them to anyone who will listen. BEST PARTY EVER!

Sent on 05/03/2017

Caitlin · Married on 01/28/2017

Mike was a great guy to work with! He is more than willing to accommodate exactly what you want at your event and makes sure you are the one in control. Was very professional but also had a great stage personality and presence!

Sent on 03/25/2017

Taylor · Married on 01/21/2017

Mike did a great job of keeping the guests entertained and on the dance floor. He is flexible and will play the type of music you want him to play. I would highly recommend him.

Sent on 04/03/2017

Tyler · Married on 10/29/2016

I would recommend Mike to anyone. He has great suggestions and ideas we hadn't seen at any other weddings but didn't push any of them. He honored all of our wishes and couldn't have been any more perfect and fun the night of our wedding. He took a lot of pressure off of us for worrying about getting either guests, wedding party, or family where they needed to be. He kept everyone entertained all night! Again, would recommend to everyone!

Sent on 04/01/2017

Amber · Married on 12/12/2015

I thought that the DJ did great with everything for my wedding. He was able to help with the ceremony music as well as the reception. He helped to create a timeline for the wedding and kept everyone on the dance floor literally all night, it was never empty. He let us create our own uniqueness with the songs for the dinner release (even adding in a little trivia) and with the introductions for the bridal party. He was also always very quick to respond to any emails that we sent him about the wedding.

Sent on 12/17/2015

Denise · Married on 10/25/2014

I had a lot of people at my Reception tell me what a great DJ I had picked out. They loved the way they were dismissed for dinner, it was amazing! Everyone had a great time!

Sent on 05/19/2017

Hilary · Married on 06/28/2014

Hire this DJ!!! Don't wait to hire Mike you won't be disappointed. Mike is very friendly and knowledgeable with tons of music selections at the right price!

Sent on 05/26/2017

Courtenay · Married on 01/01/2014

Amazing light show, great song selection. Mike kept the party going all night long!

Emily · Married on 04/29/2017

Mike was not just a DJ but a wonderful entertainer for our wedding. He was fun and very professional! I highly recommend him!

Sent on 05/19/2017

Samantha · Married on 04/08/2017

3.8
      3.5
      3.0

I really enjoyed working with ACE entertainment during the planning process. Mike was great in coming to Omaha to scope out the venue. There was a lot of planning in terms of songs and I spent a good amount of time preferencing music in his inventory. Mike was very helpful in the planning process. Unfortunately, Mike had undergone surgery the week of the wedding and I believe he was still recovering the day of. I was a little disappointed in Mike's ability to round up the guests (focus their attention and gather the guests for beginning dances, etc.). At one point, Mike told me the guests would most likely listen to us (the bride and groom) better than him. Again, a little disappointing seeing how a DJ is responsible for controlling the crowd and flow of the event...I shouldn't have had to use my "teacher voice" and direct the crowd to join us for the first dance, etc. Once we were in the dance room waiting to begin, myself and others were still having to spread the word. Mike spent some time outside of the venue, resting, during the reception and enlisted in the help of an assistant. As soon as this assistant took over, the dance mood changed and floor emptied a bit. This individual did not play any of the songs I had specified, he even went as far as to play Nickelback (which I quickly approached him and directed his attention to songs I had meticulously preferenced long in advance). Again...disappointing because I shouldn't have had to monitor his job.

Sent on 05/02/2017

Kelsey · Married on 10/22/2016

2.2
      2.5
      1.0
      2.0
      3.0

I was pleased at the beginning of our service with you, but not by the time my wedding day was over. There was barely any communication going on prior to the wedding making it a scramble to get things together a couple weeks prior. My name kept getting replaced with another client making me feel very unsure about how things were going to go since I really wasn't given the time to be known. Then the meeting we did have prior to the wedding you were late too and we had spent several hours discussing what Shawn and I wanted at our wedding and that didn't even happen. We had talked about only wanting a few whole group dances and instead we got all of them.... For example the chicken dance, mocarana, cupid shuffle, and the list goes on beacuse that's all we did. Then many of our guests were disappointed beacuse there were no requests that were made played. Lastly, no dollar dance! I was ready to have a once in a lifetime experience and that just didn't happen with this DJ service like I wanted it too and was talked up to be!

Sent on 04/10/2017