Academy of the Sacred Heart Reviews

11 | Bloomfield Hills, MI

11 Reviews for Academy of the Sacred Heart

Amanda · Married on 08/23/2013

We had our wedding at The Academy of the Sacred Heart. We needed a large church for our very large families and it was simply beautiful too! The coordinator, Danielle, was very helpful every step of the way. It was great to have her there on the day of the wedding too! Everything was perfect.

Sent on 09/09/2013

Jessica · Married on 07/13/2013

Absolute beautiful place for a wedding. The staff is very helpful

Sent on 08/07/2013

Rachael · Married on 06/16/2012

The Chapel at the Academy of the Sacred Heart was a wonderful spot to have my wedding ceremony. I grew up in the area but no longer live there, and needed a church to host our catholic wedding. The coordinators at the Academy were extremely helpful and welcoming.

Sent on 11/13/2012

Abbey · Married on 08/23/2008

Sacred Heart was the best venue! it is a beautiful chapel and just the perfect size for a wedding of 150-250 people. The church felt full when I walked down the aisle which was great! They allowed pew lanterns, alter flowers, etc. so we were able to make it flow with the theme of the reception.

Sent on 10/22/2008

We had an excellent experience with the ASH. I worked with Danielle in planning the ceremony. She had a big list of recommended vendors, and she was a fountain of useful information. I had to hire a separate musician to play for our ceremony, as the venue did not provide one. That was not an issue and I used the vendor list provided. I also had to find my own officiant from the list. I hired a Deacon, who was lovely, and it went very smoothly until I realized that Danielle did not prefer this particular Deacon (and he felt the same way.) I did not realize that until a couple days before the ceremony. This was slightly awkward. My bridesmaids thought Danielle was a little curt, but I liked that as she kept them in line. I had a huge wedding party and they were hard to wrangle! The chapel is really beautiful, and it was a good size for our 100 guests. I wish I had known that the room I (the bride) was getting ready in was NOT air conditioned. There was a giant fan in the room, but I realllly could have used some a/c the morning of my wedding. I was nervous and sweating on 8-2-2014. Either way, it all worked out fine. The deacon and Danielle got along ok, and my bridesmaids helped me keep my cool before the ceremony. In my humble opinion, the ceremony was perfect. I loved everything about our wedding. My groom was happy too. I would recommend this place to a bride not looking for an extravagant wedding, but a beautiful and small ceremony.

Sent on 12/29/2014

Maureen · Married on 12/30/2011

The Academy of the Sacred Heart Chapel is stunning, especially around the holidays. The Chapel manager was extremely helpful in all areas, including organizing all of the paperwork, making sure the Mass ran smoothly, responding promptly to all correspondance etc. The Chapel was also very accomodating for an out-of-stater like myself. Worth every penny.

Sent on 01/21/2012

Abby · Married on 11/07/2009

The Academy of the Sacred Heart is a private chapel, with the beauty of a complete church - They were very accomodating and helpful with almost everything, a few hiccups on the way, but nothing major. My only complaint was not knowing the person I had been speaking with was not going to be the person I dealt with on the wedding day, but the other person was just as helpful.

Sent on 11/29/2009

Jennifer · Married on 08/01/2009

3.0

Great experience. Danielle was very helpful and accessible and organized. For a Catholic Church they were extremely open to our ideas. The venue has limited availably (only Saturdays, and our first choice was taken 11 months out) but I still rated then as highly flexible because we were not able to find any other Catholic Church in Michigan (except St. Anne's on Mackinac Island) that would even let us get married there without being members. Because my husband was in the military we ended up working with about 5 different clergy to get our pre-cana finished and at this venue they were very understanding and flexible. As a huge bonus...we actually got to have the music we wanted, which not every church will allow.

Sent on 08/26/2009

Danielle was very helpful and had fun with it the whole time!

Sent on 07/25/2012

Emily · Married on 08/07/2010

3.5
      3.5

We really enjoyed having our wedding in this chapel. They grounds are also beautiful for pictures. I didn't love that we had to pay so much, when any other parish church would be free. But that's the price you pay for beauty. Danielle was easy to work with and was very helpful anytime I had any questions.

Sent on 10/02/2010