Absolutely Captivating Makeup Artistry Reviews

55 | Houston, TX

55 Reviews for Absolutely Captivating Makeup Artistry

4.2
      3.5

I had a LONG wedding day and so I knew I needed makeup and hair that would last over 16 hrs. Terry's team did an awesome job and I got so many compliments about both that day!

Chelsea did my makeup and I loved it. She used airbrush makeup which I would highly recommend, it was so light you could barely feel it but it looks great in person and in photos. At the makeup trial we spent lots of time playing with different shades and combinations to get the right color. I also got a pair of fake eyelashes and lip gloss for touchups throughout the day.

My hair was done by Heather and redone later in the day by Megan. Since I had 2 ceremonies I wanted to change hairstyles in between as this would also make sure my hairstyle lasted through all the dancing etc. They both did great, my hair was just like the photos I brought it, it stayed all night long thanks to a million bobby pins and good hairspray.

My only complaints are that sometimes they were hard to reach via email or phone and that they charge a mileage fee for their staff and some of them live quite far from the center of Houston. But overall I was very happy with everything!

Sent on 06/22/2013

Absolutely Captivating Makeup Artistry's reply:

I think everyone agrees that gas is very expensive and navigating around Houston is time consuming because it is spread out and there is always ongoing road construction.
    However, I also am sensitive to the expenses of a wedding and believe every bride who wants her hair and makeup done by professionals should enjoy that experience on her wedding day. Since this wedding I have changed my package pricing and omitted the mileage fees for weddings in the greater Houston and surrounding areas. Always inquire - you can tell right away if a vendor is passionate about your big day!

Jenni · Married on 06/25/2016

Terry and her team were great to work with. They were flexible and accommodating to adjust schedules and coordinate everyone's needs.

Sent on 07/18/2016

3.0

Terry was very friendly and made me feel comfortable.

Sent on 11/21/2015

Katie · Married on 09/12/2015

3.0
      3.5

Terry and her crew (one additional makeup artist and two hair stylists) did a great job on hair and makeup for me, my five bridesmaids, and a cousin of mine. Our hair and makeup looked beautiful and lasted.

However, the process getting there wasn't super smooth. I'm glad we did trials before bridal portraits because my hair didn't turn out at all like I wanted even though I showed pictures and was pretty specific. Still, that's ok - that's why we do trials! I found out I actually like my hair better down, so it ended up being a moot point. Terry herself did a great job picking out colors and amounts of makeup for me. She accentuated the feature I liked best (my eyes). I looked like myself, but special. The only hitch was that the trial took nearly 4 hours. Bridal portraits went quicker, but still took a while.

The wedding day - I'm really glad she brought extra help because we were barely ready in time. I knew this might be an issue given the amount of time my trail and bridal portrait do's took, so I had planned for it. Everybody looked great and was really pleased with their hair and makeup. The only problem was that my bridesmaids were immediately shuttled into the chairs and I was left kind of sitting by myself while they all made conversation with their stylists. Then they did my hair and makeup, but I was really the only one left, so I was sitting in the chair by myself while my bridesmaids sat back and goofed off. I know that's not really Terry's fault, but I tried to join in the conversation and at one point Terry told my bridesmaids they needed to leave me alone for a minute so she could finish my makeup. Very true, but on my wedding day, it was hard to feel left out. Maybe we should have started earlier or my bridesmaids should have been more considerate.

I don't want to be too negative because I was pleased with their work and I would recommend Terry and her crew. Just plan ahead and build in the time.

Sent on 09/23/2015

3.5

The team was great! They made sure you liked the way you looked!

Sent on 03/31/2015