Absolutely Captivating Makeup Artistry Reviews

55 | Houston, TX

55 Reviews for Absolutely Captivating Makeup Artistry

Haylee · Married on 10/12/2013

Terry from Absolutely Captivating is a wonderful makeup artist! She is prompt and easy to work with. Not only does she listen to suggestions you may have, but she encourages you personally. I would encourage anyone looking for a makeup artist to choose Absolutely Captivating! You will NOT be disappointed. Terry worked with me multiple times until everything looked just right for my wedding day. Absolutely Captivating uses airbrush makeup and spray tanning which are both amazing and helpful in achieving your perfect look for whatever event you may be needing makeup for. The prices are affordable and they will even work with you on when/how you pay. Don't make a mistake, choose Absolutely Captivating!!

Sent on 08/05/2014

Krystal · Married on 07/27/2013

I cannot sufficiently express my gratitude for Terry and Heather for helping me look beautiful on my wedding day. Heather did an amazing job with my hair and she matched what we did at the trial to a T. Terry is very sweet and despite her own personal busy schedule during that time (bless her heart), she still managed to ensure that everything went smoothly for me on my special day and even dropped by to make sure things were going well while I was getting ready. She did a favor for me that day and went above and beyond my expectations for someone in her position. I would recommend this lovely woman and her services 1000%! Thank you so so much for being a part of my special day!!

Sent on 06/10/2014

Jessica · Married on 06/15/2013

Terry (makeup) and Heather (hair) were absolutely fantastic. They were absolutely amazing and accomodated all of my bridesmaids, mother and myself. They did a great job at my trial (worth the money!) and even better for my actual wedding. One of my bridesmaids was very nervous about the make up after having a bad experience with another artist for her own wedding; needless to say, she was THRILLED with Terry's handiwork! Heather was great with my bridesmaids that were unsure of the hair style they wanted and made it easy for them. I would HIGHLY recommend them for anyone, special occasion or not!

Sent on 06/27/2013

Phoebe · Married on 02/24/2013

Terry is awesome!!!!! :) She did the make up for me, 4 of my bridesmaids, and my mom.

Sent on 07/17/2013

Absolutely Captivating Makeup Artistry's reply:

You were a joy to work with, Phoebe! I loved spending your wedding day with you, your adorable mom, your beautiful sister and your incredible friends. Much, much happiness to you and Mark!

Bea · Married on 02/23/2013

One of the most important things in a wedding day is the bride's make up .... And trusting Terry for this especial occasion was key ! It was a success! First the trial, finding the right effect and colors, the look, and correcting anything that was needed. Terry made it easier since she listened to all my requests. Her professionalism and kindness made it easier for me, I certainly recommend her for this great event!!!

Sent on 07/27/2013

Sandra · Married on 09/10/2011

Terry you are the best!! This lady not only made me flawless and beautiful on my wedding day but she took the time to act like my mother. My mother passed away a long time ago so she couldn't be there to help me with little details or give me support but Terry took her place and I have to say that even though I still missed my mother, she filled up the void. Thank you Terry I will never forget you... Hire her, she is a great professional and a great person.
    Terry brough with her a hair person, I think her name was Michelle and she was amaizing too. My hair was spectacular. Thanks Michelle too. You both made this nervous bride a little calmer. I truly appreciate you both.

Sent on 09/20/2011

Absolutely Captivating Makeup Artistry's reply:

It was an honor to spend your wedding day with you, your family and friends. You are a beautiful person and made a spectacular bride. Michelin and I had a great time making you feel special!

Andrea · Married on 10/10/2009

I truly loved working with Terry. She made myself, my sisters, my bridesmaids, and my mom look amazing on my wedding day. I loved the personalized trial run and felt super confident about not worrying about my make-up or hair on my bid day. Thanks Terry!

Sent on 06/10/2010
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 09/12/2009

Terry and her assistant Megan did my hair and make up for my September 12, 2009 wedding day. Both looked wonderful. An added plus, the next morning after only 2 hours of sleep, with very few touchups on my part, it still looked good catching a plane to Vegas. They also did the hair and makeup of various family members and some of the wedding party. Everyone was thrilled with their final look. I would highly recommend these ladies to anyone who inquired.

Sent on 01/12/2010

Kori · Married on 04/04/2009

Terry and her assistant drove all the way from Houston to my little small town of Devers, Texas to do my and my bridesmaids makeup. Terry is absolutely wonderful....from the consultation to the end product on my wedding day was nothing but perfection. She was very professional and her makeup artistry is exceptional. Thanks Terry!

Sent on 04/25/2009

Heather · Married on 02/20/2009

Terri is a miracle worker. Planning a wedding is stressful enough let alone what the stress does to your skin. I was FLAWLESS! I looked as though the entire evening was effortless. That's what I want in a makeup artist. Terri can tackle any issue and she sure did. We had issues with the false eyelashes and Terri handled it within minutes. My group of ladies loved their makeup and we all varied in types of skin. If you want someone that travels, handles any wedding day makeup issues and you're gorgeous when she's done....Terri is who you want!

Sent on 02/26/2009

Susan · Married on 01/10/2009

Very satisfied with make-up service -- run-through allowed us to do determine what was best for the wedding day and allowed me to think about exactly how I wanted to look (I even changed my mind on the wedding day and Terry was very flexible). It turned out beautifully! Her skin care recommendations were also spot on -- my skin is acne-prone and it looked great that day.

Sent on 04/25/2009

Brandy · Married on 10/05/2008

Terry went above and beyond! I have a pretty significant scar that needed covering and we did a trial run where she worked not only on my face, but also on my scar. Then, she recommended products that I could use in the interim to improve the look of my scar and other minor skin flaws. She even helped me find the person that ended up styling my hair for the wedding. I just can't say enough good things about Terry - I would recommend her to anyone who is getting married or needs a professional makeup artist!

Sent on 04/22/2009
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 03/28/2008

Terry Miller did a great job with my make-up and all of my bridesmaids make-up. She did on site airbrush make-up for the wedding and I went to her place to have my make-up done for my bridal photos. I did my bridal photos in College Station, so I had to drive up after getting it done. After having my make-up on for 9 hours it still looked great. Airbrushing make-up is the best!

Sent on 04/29/2008

Linda · Married on 08/12/2006

Terry was delightful to work with on my wedding day. She did a wonderful job on my makeup and was excellent at putting other wedding party members and myself at ease. I must say I felt and was told that I had never looked better. I would highly encourage anyone planning a wedding to call Terry as soon as they know their date to book her for her hightly professional and dazzling services!

Sent on 05/18/2008

Terry is a very sweet lady that was very flexible in our planning and accomodated all of our bridesmaids and mother of the groom. She arrived on time and was very pleasant to have on our big day for my daughter. She even came over to the church to do touch-ups on everyones lip-sticks prior to walking down the aisle! Thank you Terry for making things stay on schedule and for all that you did on Kelsie's wedding day!

Sent on 07/28/2014

Bethany · Married on 06/21/2014

Absolutely Captivating did a great job of my hair and makeup for my wedding! Terry did my makeup and Kristina did my hair and they were both extremely professional as well as generally helpful and just nice and enjoyable people to be around! Terry gave me great advice and input about my makeup as well as general tips for the night before and morning of the wedding. She stayed around through the ceremony to make sure and touch me up before our pictures in between the ceremony and reception. Kristina did the exact hair style I wanted and helped me tweak the style so it would look just like I imagined and wanted it to. They both did a great job of helping keep me calm and relaxed the morning of the wedding! They both also did my mom's hair and makeup and she loved it as well. Heather also did two of my bridesmaids' hair and it looked amazing!! Overall, a great company and great people! Absolutely Captivating is definitely the best vendor for quality and for your money.

Sent on 07/15/2014
  • Bethany

Bethany · Married on 06/21/2014

Sent on 07/15/2014

Alyssa · Married on 06/14/2014

Terry and Heather were AMAZING to work with. I was a bride who lived 9 hours away from where I was getting married and Terry helped plan around the very few days I would be in the area for my trial. She made everything so easy and stress free! Not only were they professional but so much fun to be around. I know if I ever need my hair/make up done again... I will definitely be calling!

Sent on 07/08/2014

Erin · Married on 05/06/2017

Terry and her team are absolutely the best! Terry is so genuine and worked very well with all my bridesmaids and myself.

Sent on 07/12/2017

Michelle · Married on 03/22/2015

Poor Terri was sick the day before our event. She made sure she was well enough to make it on our day and ended up bringing an extra girl to do makeup (at no cost to us of course) so that she made sure everyone was done on time. She didn't want any illness to slow down production! Everyone looked beautiful, both hair & makeup. The airbrush lasted all night and turned out beautiful in photos.

Sent on 05/15/2015

I loved my hair and makeup, everyone did a fabulous job on me and all my girls. I was a bride that wanted to look the same as I always do with just a little extra touch so for me my makeup was perfect and my dad loved it,this was important to me because at a pervious wedding with a different vender, that I was in, my dad commented that he could see my makeup caked on and i could feel it caked on as well but it was not my wedding so I kept quiet. The only downside it that I encountered is that I do my makeup everyday and all my friends told me I could have done it just as pretty myself, when I tried my dress on for the first fitting the lady even asked if I had done my trials that morning because my hair and markup looked so good and I had done both myself. So to pay 300+tip was a bit much to me considering everyone telling me I could have done both my hair and makeup myself and no one would have known the difference. But who wants to do do their own hair and makeup on their wedding day.

Sent on 01/05/2015

Very professional company that makes the event personal!! Just what I was looking for on my special day! They know what they're doing with makeup, hair, and it all worked well for photos, lighting, etc. Lasted all day :)

Sent on 06/12/2014

Logan · Married on 10/23/2009

Working with Terry was a dream! She worked with me until I created the perfect look. And the best part was that it stayed on in Houston weather! That's quite an accomplishment.
    My mother commented on how well the makeup held up after 3 hours of dancing! Great job! Totally worth it!

Sent on 01/19/2010

Ali · Married on 07/10/2017

My time spent with Terry and her lovely team was awesome! They did a wonderful job and managed my very large group practically flawlessly! I had 11 bridesmaids and they had us on a schedule to get things done in a timely manner! We had a little hiccup with the hair style(partly my fault) but the girls did thier very best to accommodate my needs and didn't stop until I was satisfied!! Truly happy with the work these 4 ladies did for me on my special day
    -Ali (Gonzales) Kissel

Sent on 07/22/2017

Megan · Married on 04/13/2012

3.5

I was not completely satisfied with the hairstylist provided, but my makeup turned out great. Terry is an amazing makeup artist. She puts your needs before her own. She made my day into a joyous occasion.

Sent on 07/18/2013

Absolutely Captivating Makeup Artistry's reply:

It was a joy to be part of your special day and you were truly a breathtaking bride. It is very unfortunate that we weren't able to schedule a hair trial before your wedding day. At the trials we work very hard to make sure you are happy with your hair and that you have full confidence in the stylist. This relieves a lot of stress of the wedding day when come to you and pamper you just as we planned.