Absolutely Captivating Makeup Artistry Reviews

55 Reviews for Absolutely Captivating Makeup Artistry

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

55 Absolutely Captivating Makeup Artistry Reviews

Melissa · Married on 06/30/2018

Terry and her team did a wonderful job. There were very accommodating. Makeup and hair were beautifully done for the entire wedding party.

Taylor · Married on 12/28/2017

Loved working with Terry and her crew

Rebecca · Married on 10/01/2017

Terry you were wonderful! I loved how calm you made me feel that everything would look wonderful. My bridesmaids makeup was wonderful! I loved my makeup as well!! I loved how classic everyone looked and they didn’t look overdone, very natural!

Paola · Married on 05/13/2017

Terry and her team were so wonderful. They listened to all of our styles and made us look gorgeous on my special day. Love love this team!!

Amy · Married on 02/23/2017

Terry was the sweetest! She made me feel beautiful on my wedding day. I loved the natural look she did for me. The make up lasted all day as well!!

Samantha · Married on 11/05/2016

Terry and her team were absolutely wonderful! She is the sweetest and is determined to make you not only look beautiful but to make you feel special on your day. She is all about customer service and pleasing her brides and bridal party.

Amber · Married on 07/09/2016

I absolutely loved Absolutely Captivating! Anything I asked she was more than helpful! She even woke up at 4:30AM to do my makeup for my bridal shoot that I wanted to do at sunrise! I could not have been happier with my make up and hair! The day of she had a whole team with her 2 makeup artists and 2 hairstylist for myself, my Bridesmaids, my mom, mother-in-law, and a grandmother!

Rachelle · Married on 06/26/2016

Terry did my makeup for my wedding day, and she was absolutely fabulous! She was a joy to work with, and is just an amazing person. At my makeup trial, she offered suggestions of what would look good on me, but also took into consideration the look I was going for. When she could tell I wasn't thrilled with my hair trial, she went out of her way to offer to switch me to a new hair stylist and do another hair trial at no additional cost, which is above and beyond what I would have ever expected. I could tell she truly cared about me and making my day perfect. My sister (the maid of honor) asked the night before the wedding if she could have her makeup done by Terry as well, and Terry was very accommodating and fit her into the schedule at the very last minute. Even on the day of the wedding, my other bridesmaids asked her to help with some last minute things (air brushing over bruises, makeup for the flower girl, etc.), and she was willing to help with everything. She even offered to help pin the boutonnieres on the groomsmen! All of my bridesmaids and my mom were thrilled with her work, and all told me afterwards how much they loved having her in the bridal suite. She is such an amazing and caring person, always put me at ease, and is also very good at her work! She was by far my favorite vendor, and I would definitely recommend booking with her if she is available on your wedding day!

Victoria · Married on 06/18/2016

Terry was amazing with makeup! She had done my sister's wedding-and was great, so she was an obvious choice for us!

She has a great staff of hair stylists as well who can do pretty much any hairstyle!

They all made the process of getting ready stress-free!

Thank you!

Holly · Married on 04/16/2016

Terri and her team at Absolutely Captivating took great care of me and my "team" on my wedding day! :) We did not have a lot of room to work with and I think we were pushing the boundaries for time, but they sweetly shuffled all of us through for hair and makeup without it feeling rushed or frantic. My mother, myself and bridesmaids all looked & felt beautiful for that wonderful day!

All that I would want for hair and make up, especially since I got married July, outdoors!

Terry did the makeup at my daughter's wedding a couple of weeks ago. Terry is fantastic! She did the bridesmaids, myself, the mother of the groom, and my daughter, the bride. Everyone looked beautiful! Terry is great about doing what you feel comfortable with. She is fun to work as well! Very professional!
    Terry did the makeup at my best friend's daughter's wedding a few months ago and they were also thrilled with the results!
    I would absolutely recommend Absolutely Captivating!

• User4420204 · 2+ years ago

I loved my look! I wasn't sure what I wanted but she helped my figure that out while making me look great.

Kelly · Married on 06/07/2015

Amazing. Terry was incredible. She worked with all facial types, colors, and ages - and everyone came out looking perfect (bride, MOB, BMx3)! My mom was raving about her makeup all night, and the makeup was perfect throughout all the tears and dancing. She was easy to work with, flexible, and personable! I HIGHLY recommend her for your special events!

Rachel · Married on 04/24/2015

Best make up and hair! Terry did a beautiful job with make up for me and all my bridesmaid! They were so helpful and fun to work with. If I ever have another event I need hair and make up done for, they will be the first people I call! Loved them!

Terry was a breeze to work with and very professional. She made everything so easy and fun and me and my ladies came out looking so polished and beautiful! She was very responsive to my needs and requests and provided additional artists the day of my wedding that were also great to work with and did an awesome job. I was so worried about my hair and makeup being drab after the first two hours but even after a night full of dancing (and sweating, let's be honest!) I still got so many compliments about how stunning I looked! It's just how you want to feel on your wedding day and Absolutely Captivating made it happen!

Samantha · Married on 01/02/2015

Her team made me and my entire wedding party look absolutely gorgeous!

• Jaime

Jaime · Married on 11/15/2014

Absolutely Captivating is absolutely amazing! Terry went above and beyond to make sure my wedding look was flawless! She knows more about makeup than I could ever imagine. I explained to her that I didn't want to look too made up; just a better, brighter version of myself. She listened to my ideas, gave me suggestions and gave me the most perfect makeup application. She's a wedding professional in every sense of the word. She even gave me suggestions on what to do for my skin in the months leading up to the wedding. Her tips guaranteed that I had perfect skin on my wedding day. I woke up on my wedding day confident that I had done everything I could to ensure that I would have a gorgeous glow.

The one thing I wasn't confident about was a nasty scar on my arm that I hadn't expected when I ordered a strapless gown. After ordering my gown, I found out that a small mole on my upper arm was melanoma. After an excision, I was left with a deep and ugly scar that I definitely did not want to show off on my wedding day. I called Terry to get her advice. She assured me that no one would even notice my scar because they would be looking at my dress, my hair, my face, etc. I wanted to believe her, but I couldn't help but feel self-conscious about it. On my wedding morning, Terry arrived with several magic potions (that's all I can come up with to explain them!) and she literally made my scar disappear for the day. She took the one thing that was beyond my control and made it disappear! I never saw a single eye glance toward the scar that day and it was because of Terry's amazing talent. I can't say enough about her knowledge, professionalism and wonderful personality!

And trust me, when Terry gives you advice on your wedding prep timeline, listen and follow it! She had all of us ready and out the door right on time. If we had gone on the schedule that I thought would work, we wouldn't have had everyone ready in time for photos! Like I said, ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!

Stacie · Married on 08/16/2014

Terry was very fun and easy to work with. She has tons of knowledge about applying makeup. She was able to achieve the look I wanted for my wedding.

Nancy · Married on 06/28/2014

Hiring a professional makeup artist was a first for all of us and what a joy it was to work with Terry. Her ability to transform our entire group into a bevy of beauties added to the wonderment of my daughter's wedding day. It was a pleasure to work with Terry and I look forward to our next engagement. Thank you Terry!

Terry Miller did an amazing job and went above and beyond to make sure everyone felt special and pretty.

Melanie · Married on 03/15/2014

Terry is a joy to work with, she provided pre-wedding services (make-up & hair) and skin care advice

chelsea · Married on 03/08/2014

Terry and Heather did a fabulous job on hair and makeup at my wedding! They helped out with everyone. My mom was frantic and had planned on doing her own hair, she never lets anyone touch it. She was a mess and they both calmed her down, helped her and made her feel beautiful! Terry did an amazing job on my makeup for both the wedding and my bridal portraits. She also stayed and helped out a ton. I couldn't have asked for a better team! Highly recommend them!

Carole · Married on 02/01/2014

Terry was wonderful to work with and made me look beautiful on my wedding day even though I an "older bride."
    I felt so special and Terry was there for me at every turn no matter what I needed.
    Terry is THE BEST!!!

Sent on 06/10/2014

Absolutely Captivating Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thank you so much, Carole! It was an honor to assist you and your mother on your incredible day. And remember, "older" is a relative term!

Sherryl · Married on 01/18/2014

Absolutely Captivating did a great job on the bride, bridesmaids, and myself - the mother of the bride. Terry was absolutely amazing, and she really helped this special day be less stressed.

I would highly recommend Terry for any event and will not hesitate to utilize her services again!