Absolutely Beautiful Reviews

99 | Los Angeles, CA

99 Reviews for Absolutely Beautiful

Leanna · Married on 08/30/2018

Kat is a wonderful makeup and hair artist! I am so glad that I found her. My wedding was in Los Angeles, but I found Kat online while I was still back home living in Toronto. Miraculously, she also happened to be in Toronto, and was flexible enough to set up a meeting with me for coffee and a consultation! I knew within minutes of speaking with Kat that I was going to choose her for my day. She was easy to talk to, listened to my ideas for my vision of the day, and offered her own suggestions as well. I did my own makeup but had Kat do my hair, which she knocked out of the park! She and Nicoletta did such a beautiful job on hair and makeup on the day of my wedding. My hair was exactly how I had envisioned it from the beginning! My bridesmaids all looked phenomenal, and the makeup/hair translated beautifully on camera as well. Kat had a detailed schedule of the day so that we would all be on time for photos and the ceremony. I am so pleased with the organization, professionalism, and talent of Kat and her team. I would definitely recommend to other brides!

Elizabeth · Married on 08/04/2018

The ladies of Absolutely Beautiful with Kat Laskey are incredible! I didn’t actually have Kat on my wedding day—she was booked by the time I inquired—but she directed me toward some of the artists she works with, and they were unbelievably great. I had a large wedding party (14 people getting hair and makeup), and she set up a flawless schedule that incorporated everyone, and we all LOVED the way we looked! I had Nicoletta for hair and Tanika for makeup, and they made me feel so relaxed (and gorgeous) on my wedding day. I’m so thankful I booked with Kat!

Linran · Married on 06/02/2018

Kat is a great makeup artist. She is friendly and professional. Kat knows how to make a me look more beautiful while still looking like me!

lauren · Married on 12/03/2016

Book as soon as you can!!! My original artist fell through and I was on a search for someone reliable just months before the wedding. Luckily I came across Kat's website and submitted a quote request. She called me within an hour. I seriously couldn't have asked for a better "getting ready" team for the morning of our wedding. All my bridesmaids said they were so relaxed and they didn't want to leave! Kat and Jackie and Tay were so amazingly talented!! Everyone was so happy!! Thank you, Kat!!!

Julie · Married on 04/16/2016

Kat is the absolute BEST!!! My hairstylist fell through a few weeks before my wedding and my wedding coordinator recommended Kat, so I booked her right away! Kat came to my house to do both my hair and makeup for my rehearsal dinner as a trial and it was PERFECT! I didn't have any changes for her to make :) She has a way of enhancing your features that look beautiful in person as well as in photos. I felt glamorous, but I still looked like me! My hair was seriously PERFECTION! Kat was extremely responsive via phone calls, texts and emails. All of my friends and family loved her and her work. She is so fun to work with and made getting ready for my big day a breeze! Thank you Kat for everything!!!

Alia · Married on 02/13/2016

KAT IS AMAZING!!! This review is very much long overdue! I got married in February earlier this year, and am so glad I had Kat to do my hair and makeup, and my girl's makeup. (Only reason the girls didn't do their hair with her is we had already planned for a family friend do it, otherwise Kat would've been the one!).She truly is amazing at what she does and I would use her over and over again! I highly recommend her to anyone looking for someone who gives you an absolutely beautiful finish at the end, all the while giving you a natural look. I knew after the makeup/hair trial that I would go with Kat. My first instinct when I looked in the mirror that time was "Wow, this is Amazing". Not only is she talented, but she has such a wonderful, kind personality as well. I also appreciated her asking me if I wanted her to get me any makeup to keep with me throughout the night. I trusted her, she bought me the lip color, I reimbursed her and it was perfect. Kat even followed up with me a couple months later to see how the newlyweds were doing. I cannot say enough how thankful I am to have had Kat. My sisters, bridesmaids, all who were there to help me get ready were very impressed with Kat as well and hope to use her too for future engagements. THANK YOU KAT!

Cindy · Married on 01/16/2016

Kat is fantastic! She is easy to work with and just a sweet person overall. She does fantastic work and was able to create the natural look I was going for. She also gave me some touch up makeup to keep handy throughout the night which I VERY much appreciated and used a lot. I highly recommend the trial as well. I was very happy with both my hair and makeup for the wedding. Thank you Kat!!

Carolynpowers · Married on 10/25/2015

Kat was absolutely fantastic!! She was always available throughout the process and had great follow they with her communication. She checked in to see how I was doing and explained all that needed to be done. She showed up on the day early- the arrival time was 6:45 am!! I had a small party but she took her time with each person and did a great job with both the hair and makeup. My MOH and mother looked amazing! Her patience with my indecision's was so appreciate and by the end of the morning it was perfect. I requested additional hours for touch up and her associate Jamie was incredible.. She touched up myself and even the groom during picture- was very hot during the day! I felt so pretty and owe it to this team! I would recommend them tho anyone

Amy · Married on 10/10/2015

Kat is simply AMAZING! She is easy to communicate with by being responsive which I really appreciated, and her prices are very clearly documented and competitive. During my trial I was ready to book her immediately. I didn’t have a clear vision on what I wanted to look like on my wedding day, and after chatting with Kat and having her get to know me and my skin, she made me feel absolutely beautiful while still looking like myself. On top of her skills, she has an incredibly calming and positive energy that I knew I wanted to start the morning of my wedding with, and I’m so glad I did!

Kat arrived the morning of the big day early to set up and prepare. She and her assistant followed the schedule exactly (which she sent out months in advance), and made each of my bridesmaids and the moms look gorgeous! Many of the girls had a photo or two to share, and with that limited information the MUAs made everyone so glamorous without overdoing it, and everyone’s hairstyle was uniquely different. Many of us were hesitant about fake eyelashes and Kat was able to choose specific lashes for each girl that they ALL looked natural – it was incredible for those of us who had never wore them before. I can’t rave about her enough and HIGHLY recommend booking her for your event!

Tania · Married on 07/25/2015

This review is way overdue but Kat knows I'm currently deployed and I didn't want to rush into a short review because Kat and her team deserve an amazing review! I was planning a wedding in LA from Hawaii. I met Kat thru my wedding planner Jackie Murphy. I met Kat for the first time at my trial. I brought my oldest and youngest daughters with me and Kat was super sweet and patient with them. I showed her pictures of how I wanted my hair and she did exactly what I wanted! As she was doing my hair and make-up she asked questions and asked for my honest opinion. She wanted me to be completely satisfied with her work and I was! The day of my wedding Kat and her team showed up to the hotel on time. They did hair and make-up for myself, my maid of honor, my mother and my 4 daughters (3 junior BM's and a flower girl). At my request, they added extensions to my hair and my oldest daughter's hair. My hair and make-up was FLAWLESS!! I cannot express how extremely satisfied I was with everything! My mother absolutely loved her hair and make-up and my daughter's looked beautiful! I also paid for the extra make-up artist to come to the church because I knew I was going to cry and would need a touch-up. She took care of me and my whole bridal party. My hair and make-up lasted all day & night!! WOW!! Kat, I cannot express how truly grateful I am that Jackie recommended you! You made me look and feel gorgeous! I received soooo many compliments on my hair and make-up. My husband was absolutely amazed and kept telling me all night how beautiful I looked! You and your team did an amazing job! You are truly talented at what you do! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! For being a part of my dream wedding!

Rebecca · Married on 07/03/2015

Kat was fantastic! I'm not super knowledgable about hair and makeup, and she definitely helped me figure out what I wanted to look like on my wedding day. At the trial, I felt like she was really listening to what I was saying, and by the end of it I was really confident about working with her for the wedding! She is super friendly and personable without being overly assertive. She worked with me to create a schedule for the 11 people we had getting hair and makeup done. It could have been a really stressful, grumpy kind of day with all those people and a tight schedule, but we had so much fun! Kat and her team were friendly, professional, and on time. I felt really beautiful (maybe more so than ever before) while still feeling very much that I looked like myself. She was affordable, professional, and really really really good at her job. I'm so happy that I hired Kat! Thank you so much!

Karen · Married on 06/07/2015

I did a little research online and wasn't sure how to pick a makeup artist for my wedding (it was in June). I saw Kat's portfolio and loved how natural and beautiful all the brides looked. They looked like the best version of themselves that they could be, and that's what I was looking for. I contacted Kat and she was very responsive over email. I was apprehensive about the trial because I wasn't sure exactly what I wanted. I had a general sense of how I wanted to look on my wedding day, but not in specific detail. She took the time to talk to me and asked me a lot of questions to get a sense of what I would like. I loved what she did, and didn't hesitate booking her along with two of the artists on her team to do the hair and makeup for me, my 5 bridesmaids and our two mothers.

On the day of the wedding, they arrived on time and there was such a nice atmosphere while we were all getting ready. All of the bridesmaids, my mom and my mother in law looked stunning at the wedding! I received SO many compliments on how nice they looked! As for me, I felt the most beautiful I ever have in my life. I felt confident the entire day, and of course also received compliment after compliment about how radiant and beautiful I was. My whole look was still perfect at the end of the night when I took off my makeup and undid my hairstyle.

We've received the video and photographs already from our wedding, and my hair and makeup were flawless from every angle.
    I can't stress how happy I was with Kat. She was by far one of the best vendors I worked with for the wedding - prompt, kind, and very talented. My sister has already booked her for my nephew's bar-mitzva next year, since she loved how fabulous we all looked. I highly recommend her services!!!

Monica · Married on 05/22/2015

A friend of mine who used Kat for her wedding referred me and I'm so glad she did. The name doesn't lie. My hair and makeup was absolutely beautiful. I went to her home for the trial and right off the bat she did an amazing job with my makeup. I told her I wanted a more natural look and after she was done, It was natural, but I felt glamorous and was still super comfortable with my look. Kat is so skilled with her tools and extremely gentle with her brush strokes. She is patient detail oriented and will take her time to apply, look at you in all directions, and apply again. Even after you're all done up, if she see's anything that is out of place, she will take the initiative and run up to you and fix it. As for the hair, I was very unsure of what I wanted and during the trial, we did about 4 different styles. I was still uncertain and she had me come back a 2nd time for no additional charge to try another style...how many makeup artists will do that for you? As you can tell from my review, I loved Kat. Hiring her as my makeup artist was one of the best decisions I made for my wedding.

Lauren · Married on 05/16/2015

To start, I wish there were 10 stars to give to Kat instead of 5! I hired Kat as my hair + makeup person for my wedding in May 2015. We did a trial session about 5 months before my wedding at her house and I knew immediately I wanted to use her on the big day because of her demeanor - she's incredibly easy to be around and had great reviews from people wanting a similar natural look. Fast forward to the big day and Kat was perfectly on time, full of suggestions for people's looks and such an incredible addition in the hotel room getting ready. Everyone loved being around her and her suggestions for their looks - from bridesmaids to my mom and mother of the groom. But the best part of having Kat there was how INSANELY good everyone looked. Everyone genuinely looked like an enhanced version of themselves (keeping to the natural look) but glammed up for the big day. I went last and kept raving and raving about each person as they completed their makeup and it was insane how gorgeous everyone was. Then, Kat did my hair and makeup and I honestly have never felt more beautiful in my entire life. She even incorporated some hair jewelry that was a little hard to get to stay in, but she made it work! My hair and makeup stayed the entire night (inclusive of extensions) and I felt incredible. I cannot rave about Kat enough or suggest you use her enough - she's the absolute best!!!

• Y

Yun · Married on 04/19/2015

We hired Kat to do my wife's hair and makeup and my makeup. For 2 girls that never wear makeup, we asked Kat to go for the natural look. She did exactly that. She listened and did wonderful work. We did a trial run on the day that we had the engagement shoot, so that was convenient. Kat came back months later for our wedding day. She took away all our flaws and make us really glow, while still looking natural. We got SO many compliments during the wedding. We would definitely contact Kat next time we need makeup and hair. She did an amazing job! She came over to our house on her own, because she just needed to do 2 brides' makeup and 1 hair. Kat is calm, professional, and pleasant. Remember to tip her!!! Thanks so much, Kat! You are the best!

Nicole · Married on 03/14/2015

Kat, Carla and the team were really wonderful to work with. My bridesmaids and I aren't girls who wear a ton of makeup, and they did an excellent job of making everyone look natural and feel comfortable. My mom had been having a really hard time finding someone to do her hair exactly how she wanted, and Carla completely understood the look she was going for and how to get there. Kat and Carla both really listened to what I wanted for my hair and makeup and I felt stunning on my wedding day! Would highly recommend them!

• Michelle

Michelle · Married on 02/27/2015

I was so focused on getting my wedding in order that I found myself in a bit of a rush to get a makeup/hair person booked. Blame it on my wedding naivety, but when I finally started looking I was disappointed to see that so many hair/makeup professionals charge SO MUCH for their services. I found Kat pretty quickly and consistently compared her prices against others – she was hands down the most reasonable. I reached out to her via email and within minutes heard back. She is ON it! Luckily she was still available for my wedding date. Kat came to my apartment for the trial and I showed her a few pictures of what I was thinking of. She hit it on the first try, no real adjustments needed.

Kat is professional, reliable, warm, and so on her game. She knows the wedding scene and was actually able to help out with some timeline issues. Again, blame it on my wedding naivety, but I had no idea it would take me to long to get ready the day of! It was a huge comfort to have her on my team to guide me.

I’m a pretty low-maintenance, minimal makeup type of gal, so it was a huge treat to get done up professionally and look like a movie star version of myself for the day. I would 100% book Kat again if I ever needed to have makeup/hair done professionally for another event. I am confident in her talents and professionalism and would recommend her in a heartbeat.

Victoria · Married on 02/14/2015

Where do I begin? Kat and her team did a spectacular job with me and my maids on my wedding day. She made each one of us look so beautiful, natural and glamorous. I am extremely picky about hair and makeup. I want high quality looks that look like they belong on the red carpet, and not every artist has the skills to pull this off. Kat and her team do. Not only is Kat super talented, but she was a pleasure to work with as well. From the initial emails, to my wedding day, she was extremely professional, responsive and sweet. I did a consultation with her about 3 months before the big day, where we tried out a few different looks. I ended up switching up my hair idea just before the wedding and she tackled the new look effortlessly. She really knows how to decipher through odd descriptions, pictures and issues to achieve the look you're going for. On my wedding day I felt stun

Bradley · Married on 02/12/2015

Kat was amazing to work with. She is super talented, and her make up came out looking perfect in all of the pictures. Would recommend time and time again.

Kari · Married on 02/07/2015

I used Kat for my wedding hair and make-up and I couldn't be happier. I initially did a trial with Kat because she was the fastest and friendliest response that I got when inquiring about the cost of hair and make-up for my bridesmaids and myself. I did the trial and was really pleased with the results. My sister, who was my maid of honor, immediately booked Kat for her own wedding. Kat is easygoing, kind and an absolute joy to work with!

Amanda · Married on 11/15/2014

Kat Laskey is a true professional: you've probably seen her work everywhere without knowing it. She can just look at you and instinctively know what will look best on your face shape and complexion. Kat did bridal makeup for me, plus makeup and hair for two of my bridesmaids. They looked the most gorgeous I've ever seen them. Her rate is not only fair, but a real steal once you start comparing her to other artists with similar experience and entertainment credits. You must absolutely pay for the trial run, where you can experiment and dry run one or more looks before the big day. Kat's excellent, easy to work with, and always on time in starting and finishing her clients –– it's so rare to get all three in any creative professional, so make sure you book her as soon as you can!

Ashley · Married on 11/09/2014

Where should I start? I cant even begin to thank Kat enough for her wonderful services at my wedding. She was hands down one of the best make up artist I've ever worked with. She came right on time, actually 5 minutes early the day of my wedding and finished right on schedule. I can not thank her enough. She brought a team of 2 other girls with her to do my whole bridal party plus my mother and my mother in law. Her team did just as good of a job as she did. All my bridesmaids had beautiful updos. Kat airbrushed my make up and literally made me look like a doll on my wedding day. I couldn't have imagined myself to look any better. She is so sweet, kind and welcoming. I felt so comfortable working with her and talking to her. She made me feel at ease. She will even do a test run with you before your wedding day to get an idea of what you want and also so you can see her work. I highly recommend Kat and her services. I will definitely be using her again in the near future. Thank you again Kat!

~Ashley Lee~

Sasha · Married on 10/18/2014

Carla J Farra did an amazing job for my wedding recently! She was so professional and we were right on schedule the entire day. She did my hair and makeup, but also 5 bridesmaids with the help of Catalina who did the girls’ makeup. I mean wow! Everyone looked so good. Our looks lasted the entire day which started at 8:00am, my reception ended at 11:00pm and we all still looked great. My MOH even went to touch me up before the ceremony and said she didn’t even need to since it was all in place.

I loved my entire look, it was exactly what I wanted. I got so many compliments. I felt so good that day I can’t thank her enough. She has a great personality and is super easy to work with. I highly recommend her for any special event.

Kat was absolutely fantastic!!!!! The quality of her work is truly unmatched and her love for what she does is so evident! She really made me feel like the most beautiful version of myself the day of my wedding and I could not thank her enough for that! She was super responsive during the entire planning process and flexible when helping me formulate the schedule for the day of! I cannot recommend her enough!! She will really make your day that much better!

Ann · Married on 07/11/2014

Kat and her team are wonderful! From the moment I first met her for my hair and make up trial 6 months before my wedding, I loved her! She is so sweet, easy to talk to, and an amazing artist! She knew exactly what look I wanted (beachy, summery mermaid waves, bronzed glow) for the Big Day and made it happen. I'm Asian, more on the tan side, with very thick hair that's hard to curl, and I usually hate getting my hair and make up done because I usually get done up too pale and/or geisha-like so I was worried about finding the right person that would do that to me. I could not have asked for a better person to do my hair and make up. She also did hair and make up for all 4 of my bridesmaids and the 2 mothers (who all loved their looks!) I got so many compliments throughout the night and everything stayed put until my night ended at 4am! Haha! Kat is also very professional and extremely easy to work with. She was prompt in replying back to all my emails and texts and helped answer any and all questions I had. Her work speaks for itself and I highly recommend Kat to all brides looking for a hair and makeup artist. You will NOT regret it! Thanks so much for making me feel beautiful, Kat :)