Absolute Entertainment Reviews

860 | Hanover, MD

860 Reviews for Absolute Entertainment

Julie · event on: 03/09/2015

Gordon Thorn was AWESOME to work with..He was early...equipment in great shape, knowledgable, helped with lighting and gave suggestions and took care of us. Breakdown was a breeze.
    Looking forward to working with Gordon and Absolute Entertainment again soon!

Sent on 03/31/2015

Mirna · event on: 03/06/2015

We really enjoyed the time with the DJ it was fun and we will recomend it to others

Sent on 03/09/2015

Linda · Married on 02/08/2015

John Paul Berry with Absolute Entertainment was the first DJ Service that we met with. We knew within minutes of speaking with him that we did not have to look any further. He was clear with explaining his services and gave us a diverse sampling of what he does as a Master of Ceremony. Our daughter's wedding reception was fabulous and the complete evening went smoothly starting from the music for the ceremony and ending with the last dance. Oh, did I mention that our daughter, the bride, is profoundly deaf?!! John Paul was sensitive to this and was able to give us many suggestions not only for the music but on how to keep the evening flowing with a deaf/hearing wedding party and deaf and hearing guests. We are continuing to get compliments for a beautiful and memorable wedding ceremony and reception and so much
    credit goes to the planning of our DJ.

He managed to keep all of our diverse age groups involved, as mentioned above this was not an easy task considering that we had a large group of twenty somethings and a mature older (won't mention how old) group, along deaf attendees.

We will not hesitate to contact Absolute Entertainment for our next event where we need an MC with music and where the timeline falls on John Paul as we enjoy the party!

Sent on 02/14/2015
  • Benjamin

Benjamin · Married on 12/31/2014

The venue was not great acoustically. It would have been helpful if the DJ would have been a bit louder on the microphone with announcing what was coming up next.

Sent on 01/04/2015

DJ Brian, from Absolute Entertainment, was exceptional. He was in constant communication with us leading up to the wedding and made sure to honor all of our requests. Brian kept the party going all night long and if you don't use Brian, you're making a big mistake!

Sent on 12/24/2014

JoAnne · Married on 12/13/2014

Brandon was an amazing DJ. We cannot thank him enough for going above and beyond our expectations. He is more than just a DJ. He is constantly attentive to the couple's needs, and had the crowd engaged the entire time. He is absolutely professional and skilled at his profession, and would highly recommend him to anyone looking to have a really entertaining event. He puts a lot of thought into his work, and his recommendations were quite helpful also. All we can say is thank you Brandon for all your hard work!

• User4617552 · event on: 12/13/2014

Kim Brannan was the DJ for my birthday party and she was AWESOME!! Everyone had a blast. We danced all night! Kim was very accommodating and flexible. I'd hire her again in a second!

• User4630130 · event on: 12/13/2014

Kim Brannon was the DJ for my 50th birthday party and she rocked! It was truly the best party EVER! Kim was professional, flexible and fun! She fit right in with me and my friends and family. I would recommend her to anyone .

Sent on 12/24/2014

Katie · Married on 11/22/2014

John Paul was AWESOME! Before our wedding, we had Skype meetings (which were so convenient for us since we were super busy right before) and he walked us through every step of planning the music for both our ceremony and our reception. And the night of the wedding, he did everything we wanted exactly and we trusted him to pick the music beyond our must play list. John Paul kept our dance floor full all night. Guests were dancing on the edge and around the dance floor because it was so full. We also hired Ryan to play the guitar during cocktail hour, and he was amazing too. My wife and I are so happy with our choice to hire John Paul and Ryan from Absolute Entertainment.

Sent on 12/10/2014

Mary · Married on 11/22/2014

I absolutely recommend Absolute Entertainment and DJ Jami! She was so helpful and assisted us with every little music detail for our wedding. Jami was very professional and so easy to work with. I can not say enough great things about her. Our guests raved about the music at our wedding and said that Jami was one of the best DJs they had ever heard. Everyone had a blast and we have Jami to thank. I highly recommend!

Sent on 01/06/2015

Jameson · Married on 11/21/2014

First, when reviewing other vendors, look to see how many reviews they have. This company has over 600, and that is a lot more than other companies, and ranked very high as well.

We got married 3 weeks ago, on a Friday and the dance floor was packed the whole time. I worked with John Paul and from the beginning, he got us. My husband listens to Grateful Dead and jam bands while I listen to Justin Timberlake and Beyonce so you can see we have altering taste. We met with John Paul a few weeks before the wedding to finalize things. After that, I made some changes, but I knew John Paul was on vacation until the week of my wedding. I was a little nervous because I made more than a few changes, however, on the day of, John Paul nailed it. I mean nailed it. I gave him about 20 must play songs and he just went with it. He played songs I love, but hadnt heard since college, but they were that much better when I heard them! I have gotten so many compliments on the dance party and quality songs that were played. A lot of times you go to weddings and you hear the same songs...I did not want to hear We Are Family, or Celebration, and we did not! Motown was played to include all genres but after an hour or so we moved on to bigger and better things. I would definitely recommend John Paul to anyone.

Sent on 12/08/2014

Gordon Thorn @ Absolute Entertainment is a complete professional. He put up with my discriminating music taste and incorporated into a typical wedding playlist. Gordon knows how to read a room. He showed up 2 hrs early and is very self sufficient not requiring this and that (tables, extension cords). The expense was minor compared to the value of the entertainment provided. I highly recommend Absolute Entertainment. Do yourself a favor book them for your event early they are in high demand.

Nicole · Married on 11/01/2014

DJ was very professional and personable.

Sent on 11/03/2014

Dana · Married on 11/01/2014

Paul was great! He listened to everything that I wanted and then when I didn't know what I wanted he knew exactly what to play. All of my guests loved the DJ and I had several mention to me how great Paul was and the selection of songs he played made the evening really enjoyable. Thank you!

Sent on 11/04/2014

Absolute Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Dana! We will let DJ Paul Hairston know!

Katie · Married on 11/01/2014

Excellent, professional service! Our DJ Paul kept the party going all night and honored our special requests. There was never a moment when the dance floor was not packed. Young folks, old folks, different genres, he played something for everyone. My 93 year old aunt was on the dance floor moving and grooving half the night, thanks to the excellent song selection.

Sent on 11/06/2014

Absolute Entertainment's reply:

Thanks! We will let DJ Paul Love know!

L'Oreal · Married on 11/01/2014

As the former wedding writer for my local newspaper, there was one DJ service that kept popping up in interviews with couples: Absolute Entertainment. So when it was my turn to walk down the aisle, I suggested the company to my fiance, who was in charge of music. I specifically pointed out Gordon Thorn because of his bio, which included "Anita Baker and Beyonce." We wanted a nice balance of old and new school to keep our guests on the dance floor and I felt like Gordon would deliver...and we were "absolutely" right! :)

Because we live in Chicago and the wedding was taking place in Baltimore, Gordon met with us initially via Skype to get a feel for our personalities and give us a sense of his style...we loved it!! We researched a couple of other companies, but came back to Gordon because of his professionalism, responsiveness and enthusiasm. Gordon went above and beyond (completing a last-minute surprise medley for my sister/maid of honor until it was just perfect among other tasks)! Everyone had a wonderful time and the dance floor was jumping the entire night! We could not have selected a better DJ service and I'd definitely recommend him!!

Sent on 11/08/2014

Erin · Married on 10/25/2014

I can't say enough wonderful things about John Berry and AbsoluteEntertainment.com! They were super easy to work with and at we got a tremendous value for our money. John played everything we asked and stayed away from all the music we didn't want played on our special day. From the cocktail hour to the dinner to the time when we all started dancing - everything was perfect. As soon as dinner was over, our dance floor was packed and it stayed that way until the last song. What more could you ask for from your wedding DJ. I give them 2 thumbs up for sure!!!

Sent on 11/05/2014

Ken was great for our wedding dj! He kept everyone dancing all night long, and also gave us some great pictures. We had two meetings with Ken prior to the big day where we discussed some specifics and gave him some special requests. He also gave us some pointers and played a bunch of music for us. We felt very confident letting him run the show the way he thought best, we were very impressed and would recommend him to a friend without a doubt.

Sent on 11/10/2014

geoff · Married on 10/25/2014

Jami was an excellent DJ! She played everything on our "must play" list, even the songs that we had added at the last minute. As a result of it taking longer than expected to get from dinner to dancing, we had to hurry things, but Jami moved things along perfectly and in a way that did not feel abrupt or rushed. The entire experience was wonderful and we couldn't recommend her more highly!

Sent on 11/15/2014

Nelson · Married on 10/25/2014

Ryan was very impressive throughout the process and really exceeded our expectations. He was easy to work with and very helpful when we couldn't make a decision. He made it a point to go over everything when we met before the wedding and sent us all his notes for us to review to make sure everything was correct. He really shined during the wedding. There were so many people that came up to us saying how much they enjoyed the music from the ceremony to the cocktail hour and of course the dancing - the floor was packed the whole time with guests of all different ages. We really enjoyed working with Ryan and would definitely recommend him!

Sent on 02/15/2015

Marina · Married on 10/24/2014

My husband and I could not have asked for a better DJ to have at our wedding! He was very professional, responded quickly to emails, and kept in contact throughout the entire process. I requested from Russian music and he had no problem finding it which was very impressive and shows how experience and professional he really is. I would recommend JP and Absolute Entertainment to anyone!

Sent on 11/15/2014

Lauren · Married on 10/18/2014

Music will definitely make your event!!

I am so happy we went with Absolute Entertainment for our music at the wedding!! Keith Phillips was our main DJ and he did such an amazing job. He was very personable and friendly and just wants your event to be amazing and fun. He played all the music we wanted and more!

My husband did a surprise serenade for me at our wedding and the whole thing was coordinated so beautifully and everything went so well I was really happy. The last song is what everyone remembers before the night is over. He played Journey "Don't Stop Believing" and that is probably the most epic song to end a night to. You can't dance to it but you can sing along to it!!

Keith, you did an amazing job and my guests are still talking about how great your music was. I would recommend him for anyone looking for a DJ for their event!!

Sent on 10/31/2014

John Paul Berry of Absolute Entertainment was a wonderful, experienced DJ for our wedding. He ably kept the party going with our music list while also balancing requests (many for 80s music) from our guests. In addition, he listened carefully to our request for help regarding toasts, and he deftly managed that situation. All of guests had a wonderful time at our reception, largely thanks to all of JP's work and expertise. We highly recommend him.

Sent on 11/11/2014

Jack · Married on 10/11/2014

John Paul was a perfect wedding DJ for our event. He kept our reception flowing and his music choices were perfect for young (3 year old nieces) and old (87 year old grandmother). It was an amazing compliment to our special day!

Sent on 10/14/2014

DJ Keith from Absolute Entertainment was the DJ for my wedding. It was a pleasure to work with the company. Kim was extremely helpful throughout the process and on top of things. Keith was professional and did a great job. Everyone from the young to the old had a great time dancing. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 10/18/2014